• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

been watching Kaiji (the highest quality rip of it is on youtube funny enough) and its pretty interesting
gambling is a kind of weird genre for me but theres enough tension to make me want to see what happens and what kind of asspulls happen next

I decided to try BNA since the trailer gave me a lot of Zootopia vibes. So far it’s met all of my expectations and then some! The bold, contrasting colors and smooth animation remind me of Steven Universe (which is a show I know a lot of people don’t like, but personally enjoy).

Just binged a little on episodes 6-12 of Jujutsu Kaisen. And I'm heady with excitement! Wow. Like, WOW. The story, the fights, the drama. Riveting entertainment. It's horribly unbecoming of a fully-grown woman who has a fully-adult son to declare she will have Gojo Satoru's babies so I won't. I'll go talk to my houseplants now to calm down. 🤪

Started watching The Great Pretender a week ago and have been enjoying its art and ‘over the top’ nature. Reminds me of shows like the recent Akudama Drive (last season) and SK8 the Infinity (currently airing): full of style and great direction. While only one episode has aired, it’s looking to be one of my favourites for winter. Of course, I’m also loving that we have an actual Horimiya adaption now even though the first episode felt a bit underwhelming.

Winter brings us a lot of sequels again too, but no complaints here! Looking forward to That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime especially. :love:

The other day I watched the first episode of So I'm a Spider, So What? I'm still on the fence about it, but I'll give it a couple of episodes to see how things play out.

Today I watched the new episode of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

Normally, I select an older anime with at least one completed season that I watch daily, but this anime season is packed with so many shows that I want to keep up with as they air that I'm putting off picking a new daily anime. Between Attack on Titan, Re:Zero, Promised Neverland, Jujutsu Kaisen, Slime, Spider, RWBY and possibly more that I'm forgetting about I don't have time for anything else.

I most recently watched Whisper of the Heart. It's fine, but I feel like I'm over Studio Ghibli's charm. Or maybe that story just didn't really appeal to me. It was very cute. It feels like a very basic movie except for the fact that the song Country Roads is a major plot point. I wish the movie revolved around poems and not books tbh.

I finally got around to watching Madoka Magica. I knew there was something interesting about it going in but I didn’t know the details. I surprisingly loved the dark take on such a cutesy typically light hearted magical girl genre.

I haven't watched anime since I was a kid, Dragon Ball Z/GT, Yu Yu Hakusho also YuGiOh n Pokémon if that counts lol. What would you recommend classic or current for someone who hasn't watched anime in years ??

I haven't watched anime since I was a kid, Dragon Ball Z/GT, Yu Yu Hakusho also YuGiOh n Pokémon if that counts lol. What would you recommend classic or current for someone who hasn't watched anime in years ??
Those are classics. I'm guessing you like action. You've got 2 shonen titles in there. One of the current popular shonen titles is My Hero Acadamia. I haven't given that a chance. I did like a show called Tiger and Bunny though.

I’ve been binging Naruto the past few days and finally finished season two (Chunin Exam arc). I just have to say I loved this season a ton and Rock Lee versus Gaara was my favorite fight (it was my favorite fight for a long time, but I had never seen the full thing until now). I’m looking forward to watching season three after I watch the most recent episodes of Attack on Titan, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Black Clover.

Been here and there when it comes to watching anime. Had finished all the Digimon Adventure tri. movies, Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, Scum's Wish, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!, Ascendance of a Bookworm (Season 01), Ascendance of a Bookworm OVA, Fruits Basket (Season 02), and Yo-kai Watch the Movie: It's the Secret of Birth, Meow! (Movie 01). Haven't really picked up Kamisama Kiss (Season 2), but I may do so after finish My Hero Academia (Season 04) or Food Wars! The Third Plate. I have more anime added to my backlog that I want to watch. Not really sure when I'll be able to finish all the anime that I planned to watch.

I’ve been binging Naruto the past few days and finally finished season two (Chunin Exam arc). I just have to say I loved this season a ton and Rock Lee versus Gaara was my favorite fight (it was my favorite fight for a long time, but I had never seen the full thing until now). I’m looking forward to watching season three after I watch the most recent episodes of Attack on Titan, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Black Clover.
I hope you liked it! I thought the Gaara/Lee fight was seriously awesome, and also really long which was hard to go through. I only have 17 episodes left of Naruto and it's so crazy that it's almost over... I'll be watching shippuden soon with my friends because a lot of them are finished or about to finish like me.
I also started My Hero Academia a month or so ago, just finished season 2. It's super good! I like that there isn't filler (or at least not a lot like Naruto).
I recently finished Toradora a couple weeks ago (I mean, look at my pfp and sig) and really liked it. It was just so cute.
I finished season 1 of promised neverland right before season 2 came out, and now season 2 is out but i'm waiting for the dub so I'm not watching it yet. That show has such a brilliant plot and everything goes together, it's sooo satisfying to watch everything unfold.
I watched the first couple episodes of Haikyuu (i'll probably start watching it more once i finish naruto), Pokemon (kind of a thing i watch when i'm bored), and BNA (only a couple episodes so i'm taking my time) and I like all of them, BNA's color schemes and style are a personal favorite.

So yeah, that's all i'm really watching atm!

Currently watching Someday's Dreamers! Honestly not that into it, it doesn't help that the only version I can find is the terrible dub lol, but I need some anime to tide me over to when Yuru Camp S2 and Non-Non Biyori have finished airing so I can watch them all in one go 😅

What's everyone's opinion on So I'm a Spider anime airing right now?
I'm still on the fence about it after the second episode. I like aspects of it, but it hasn't really pulled me in yet like some of the other isekai anime. I'm going to continue watching it for now, though, because I don't think it's bad and I want to give it a chance and see where the story goes.

It probably doesn't help that I'm watching it alongside the newest season of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, so it's hard not to make comparisons.

I'm still on the fence about it after the second episode. I like aspects of it, but it hasn't really pulled me in yet like some of the other isekai anime. I'm going to continue watching it for now, though, because I don't think it's bad and I want to give it a chance and see where the story goes.

It probably doesn't help that I'm watching it alongside the newest season of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, so it's hard not to make comparisons.
It's a tad disappointing to me because (not to sound like that obnoxious fan or anything) but I've read the manga and a little of the LN before and it was very good. I've been waiting for a long time for it to get an anime since I read it almost a year ago. Sadly, it feels rushed and a lot of good stuff is being skipped for reasons beyond me. A huge turn off for anyone finding out about it for the first time through the anime
Post automatically merged:

Oh don't think I posted this here yet but some beautiful person made this for Steins;Gate

Last edited:
i got bored last night and decided to try and find a short series i could burn through in a day or two, so i popped on netflix and checked to see what it would recommend to me. It gave me some show called "Angel Beats", didnt really look like my kind of show but the trailer made it seem interesting so i gave it a chance. now a day later its safe to say its one of the best ive watched in a long time, the story has no right to be as good as it was, it really kept me engaged right to end, and boy what a satisfying end it was. behind its blobby exterior is a seriously good show, id recommend it to anyone, though if you get emotional over shows you're probably going to cry a lot. fair warning.

i give it a 9/10 but its definitely closer to a 10 than an 8.

Back