• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Bell Tree Fair 2020: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then just for this we'll send them out with a noon time by default and if anyone wants we'll manually change it to whatever time that they actually go out. (Only one or the other though.)
I hope it's not too much to ask, but I would love if my Rainbow Frag and Shooting Star come with the 12pm FT stamp, while my trophy comes at the actual time it's sent out, if that's possible!! That would be awesome

I hope it's not too much to ask, but I would love if my Rainbow Frag and Shooting Star come with the 12pm FT stamp, while my trophy comes at the actual time it's sent out, if that's possible!! That would be awesome
Jeremy saying one or the other 👁👄👁

Then just for this we'll send them out with a noon time by default and if anyone wants we'll manually change it to whatever time that they actually go out. (Only one or the other though.)
Holy father doing so much for us 😭

if we want it at the time they go out, should we post in the private boards area?

I figured I'd ask bc that could've meant one time or the other, and just not a custom time ... not sure if the time choice applied to multiple collectible or each individually
Oh idk man I dropped out of school lol my reading comprehension sucks

woowie i didn't participate at all but this was the funnest junk ever lol. Hopefully I can participate next year! So glad i bothered to make an account on this wonderful site! !! congrats to the winners :)

You can pick between having all of their time stamps set at noon EDT or all at the time they actually get sent out at. You can't mix and match.

I am actually a bit upset. As many years as I have been here, the “staff favorites” always seemed a bit biased to digital art.
Many of us do not have the tools/skills to use this, but my no means have less talent to make beautiful traditional art. Why not two categories?!

Have you settle on the order they will be handed out?
Thanks.
Not yet! We'll probably decide this just before they go out, so don't expect any warning!

I am actually a bit upset. As many years as I have been here, the “staff favorites” always seemed a bit biased to digital art.
Many of us do not have the tools/skills to use this, but my no means have less talent to make beautiful traditional art. Why not two categories?!
Please use our survey to communicate thoughts like this. Feedback posted in-thread will get lost among the other posts and ultimately won't have any impact on future events. We would also prefer to keep the tone of this thread congratulatory and upbeat. :)

tbh, most people here tend to do digital and those good at digital tend to be already established good at traditional as well. so a separation would be largely meaningless

anything, I think my slight issue is that so many of the winners feel very.... same-y. like same basic colors and such throughout with minor differences. of course since it's staff favs, I imagine personal preferences bias plays a part in this too, for art and other events. though not maliciously so, of course

not saying I should've won or that the winners pieces aren't well made but.... I'd prefer more visual variety, tbh (k.k. round winners are fantastic on that front)

Last edited:
my issue with separate categories is it brings the possibility of pushing people out who would have otherwise been staff favourites in favour of people who wouldn't have been picked originally, all for the sake of equal quantity.

like imagine if staff wanted to have 10 favs and all agreed on loving 2 traditional entries and 8 digital, they'd have to cut down 3 people from the latter for pieces they didn't enjoy as much. i don't really think that's fair or genuine for that matter lol.

Digital art and traditional art are very different things, probably warranting their own thread for a discussion. This thread is to celebrate the fair's conclusion, so let's celebrate! We can talk art differences in suggestion surveys or art threads.

Regardless of which medium was used, I LOVED getting to see all the different pieces people created, and am glad I got to be a part of making a few that were shared as well and enjoyed by others. (skar and I were literally talking about every individual thing people shared about Umpteen Magazine, and had so much fun reading things like what you all got on the personality quiz). The fair was a blast! :lemon:

Congratulations to the winners! Thank you so much for hosting this I had so much fun!

This thread is to celebrate the fair's conclusion, so let's celebrate! We can talk art differences in suggestion surveys or art threads.

This, essentially!

If you want us to consider your suggestions then please formally submit them to us via the survey - that was the whole point in us making one, after all! Next month we will be going through the survey responses and critically discussing them as a team. This thread is not for feedback so posts made in here won't be included in that discussion. So please make sure you are submitting your feedback through the form provided.

This is a happy thread for celebrating the end of a fun-filled four weeks. Please let's not let any of the winners feel bad for being successful - because they have all earned their prizes fair and square. Everyone should feel proud of what they accomplished in this fair even if they didn't walk away with a staff favourite or first place trophy. :)

I agree with LambdaDelta but I also communicated in the survey. I mean I don't take the winning feeling away I just think the event needs improvement with that also. Good stuff are good.

And yeah congratulations to winners :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back