The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Yes, a few members gifted Leif collectibles during the last hybrid breeding event.

HMM.. I want to gift Phineas a balloon... but only the user Phineas4 comes up.. will it send to Phineas the NPC if I just write "Phineas" in the recipient field?

HMM.. I want to gift Phineas a balloon... but only the user Phineas4 comes up.. will it send to Phineas the NPC if I just write "Phineas" in the recipient field?
It will! Users won't automatically come up in the autofill dropdown if they haven't been on fairly recently, I think within the span of a year, but they can still be sent collectibles. So as you mentioned, you'll have to manually enter "Phineas" and make sure to correct it if it tries to autofill to the other user. As long as it looks something like this, you'll be good to go:
phineas-test.png

I’ve been wondering, if you take a break for a long time, like a few months, what does it show in alerts? Does it show you every single notification you’ve received during your hiatus?

I’ve been wondering, if you take a break for a long time, like a few months, what does it show in alerts? Does it show you every single notification you’ve received during your hiatus?
I think so; I took a year or so off here and when I came back to check messages since I get email notifications for those, I usually have notifications in the double digits.

Yeah, notifications that haven't been viewed due to inactivity will all show up at once the moment you come back to the site, so uh... I can only imagine how fun that is.

On the flip side, if you don't receive ANY notifications for awhile your list will eventually clear until there's nothing left, lol. I haven't experienced it for myself, but I know this is true after I took various breaks from the site over the last couple years.

Got a question about transparent icons!
Sometimes when I try to do a transparent icon, it makes the background the default img when I don't have an icon (Brown image with M on it) , is there a reason for that?

Got a question about transparent icons!
Sometimes when I try to do a transparent icon, it makes the background the default img when I don't have an icon (Brown image with M on it) , is there a reason for that?

If the image doesn't work for whatever reason, it'll just default to the first capital letter of your username. It does the same thing if you elect not to have an avatar at all. Some people also use this as a way to show that they're inactive.

If the image doesn't work for whatever reason, it'll just default to the first capital letter of your username. It does the same thing if you elect not to have an avatar at all. Some people also use this as a way to show that they're inactive.
ohhhhh i see i see!

Back