What Are You Happy About Today?

I had a decent day. I finished my highest priority work and didn't find any errors when testing this weekend's implementation, so hopefully all goes well.

It rained for a while in the afternoon, but then the sun came out and I could hear the cicadas through the window. It was very peaceful.

this happened YESTERDAY... but i'm still happy TODAY about it! two things.
  • one, i commissioned an artist to make a reference sheet for one of my OCs in an AU i'm making with my friends. they gave me the final version and i can't stress enough how GORGEOUS IT IS. PLEASE LOOK AT IT. i have a big watermark on it.
85453339_abmJb1o7i.jpg

• ALSO! i stayed up a wee bit later last night so that i could get my hands on a skirt i fell in love with. thankfully, the release coincided with payday, which is rare for these things lmao. i got my hands on this ADORABLE new skirt that will arrive in september. i was legit stressing about buying it because at 11pm, when the set released, the entire website was SOOOO SLOW. to a CRAWL. i thought i was going to miss out, but I DIDNT!!
130420021118-01_0.jpg

now i'm not spending any money on things for the next 2 weeks. bills paid up, good groceries got, everything is coming up Val ✌️

This is a roundup of last week and this week!
  • Wow, I used my upright Shark Carpet Cleaner for the first time last week. You know that way where you think something is clean and you’re shocked it isn’t? I thought my old carpet cleaner was good, but oh my goodness the new one is like night and day! It was like a television demonstration! I am so happy with the results!
  • I got Blossom some detangling spray and a new brush just to make brushing her easier. I’ve got a lot of lovely comments on her YouTube channel. We’ve had some lovely walks. My Dad and I took her down to the local beach. However, she didn’t like it as she started to whimper before she even got out the car. We moved the car and I took her for a walk a little further up along the seafront. She loved that! About 12 people stopped to pet and ask about her! I couldn’t believe it when 2 people actually knew she was a long haired Basset! Everyone kept saying how she looks such a happy dog! She has been making good use of her cooling mat this week with the heat!
  • Had some lovely chats with @-Blue- and @S.J. . 💜
  • My temporary medication finally arrived at the chemist for collection! I started it on Wednesday morning and it is amazing how good I feel when I am this medication. I have been up extra early yesterday and today and got lots done. I always joke to people I am like the Duracell Bunny until I have to decrease the dosage.
  • Ordered some things from Amazon Prime Day. Got some Suede cleaner for my boots. Hopefully, it will clean some of Blossom’s drool off them!
  • I found a local shop selling Pepsi Electric. I had never tried it before. It tastes really nice, it reminds me of KA Caribbean Cola. :)
She decided to nudge her bed off the seat! :ROFLMAO:
20240718_121351-min.jpg

• Mustachio laid on me today and purred, it was really nice
  • Mocha is doing well, I washed his little bed last night. I am getting him a new fluffier/bigger bed in a couple weeks. I feel like his current bed isn't plush enough or large enough for him.
  • I slept really good
  • Finished reading a book today. I feel like my ability to focus is improving some
  • Watching a new anime and am enjoying it
  • Spent some time playing Disney Dreamlight Valley this morning and it was nice and relaxing
  • Going to get on the treadmill today and also practice ukulele a bit

Been extremely depressed for the last few days, especially yesterday but here are some things that made me happy 🙂.

I did some pulls in Fate Go and with the free tickets I got a banner unit; I didn’t know about the unit until earlier so it was kinda an impulse pull once I looked them up on the gamepress tier list 😅. I did need a Pretender unit too! I got the first until with free tickets and the other unit on my third (i think) multipull with saint quartz. i did not initially want him but the last couple of events that I played, I found myself needing a better alter ego (my only ones that I have are the free event units and neither are aoe).

IMG_7871.png

IMG_7872.png

I still really want melusine and senji muramasa; got to do better about resisting pulling 😅. It usually is easy since there aren’t a lot of units i want and also I go through phases where i play a bit and then stop because I’m focusing on something else.

Pokemon Go:

The other day I saw a wild Galarian moltres and it ran away when it broke free from the ball and tolday it was galarian articuno 😭. Not sure when the next time I’ll go out either. Still, I was happy to see it was possible to get them in the wild 🙂.

I caught two shinies today while out!

IMG_7873.png

IMG_7878.png

baby 🥺

I caught my own Necrozma on Wednesday when I finished the required research tasks 🙂.

I was able to put a pokemon in a gym today 🙂. None of my pokemon are that great since I only started playing again recently and rarely leave the house but I’m just happy I could do it since I never was near any gyms (or went anywhere that was close to one).

I’m 3/6 on the Marshadow research :D.

Pokemon Violet

I wasn’t planning on collecting all the Vivillon forms but I have started collecting them and got about couple different ones now 🙂. I linked my Pokemon Go account recently and now can get more roaming gimmighouls & now I have my own regional variant of Vivillon 🙂.

I finished most of the teal mask dlc :D.. Also got a couple shinies the last few days 🙂.

IMG_7882.jpeg

IMG_7883.jpeg
IMG_7884.jpeg

I’m happy I’m home now. I am a little glad I got to go out and get some Pokemon Go stuff done in the process, though; it helped distract me from some of the depression.

I’m happy Spanky was on my bed when I got home and she’s still here ☺️.

Today's been not so good, but I'm extremely proud of my work ethic this week. I didn't think I'd be able to get everything done I had assigned to me this week, and not only did I accomplish it, but I had time for other tasks as well. I'm also excited because I'm off work on Monday and get an extended weekend, and I'm going to a sporting event tomorrow with a friend. 💜

finally managed to get enough points for something in a limited event for a game after days of grinding, im very relieved to get that over with! i also managed to save up enough in game money for a skin that recently released to be bought that ive been wanting since before i started playing

i also found out they have the splatoon manga at the library and my sister got some of them for me c:

Today I'm happy because..

ʚ One of my best friends I met on a Pokemon browser game 7-8 years ago came to visit me for the weekend! We have a lot of plans and I'm really happy that he's here! ^_^

ʚ I also got a lot done on my crochet project.

ʚ I got Taco Bell for dinner with my friend! Tomorrow we're going to the mall and to get authentic ramen!! SO EXCITED!

ʚ I cleaned my room up, cleaned the house with my dad, AND cleaned the bathroom ^^ I feel so productive :3

ʚ I'm hopefully getting my NSO sub back so I can play more online games with my friends again! :3

Even though it was not that great of a day coming home from a long hard day to Aurora hugs and kisses makes me happy. Seeing her play and be silly is the best .

She was trying so hard to get the last treat out of her treat ball that she was barking at it to come out.
IMG_7249.jpeg

IMG_7250.jpeg

I love seeing her play in her bed.
IMG_7257.jpeg

IMG_7254.jpeg

Finished re-reading volume 13 of Kimi ni Todoke, and started on volume 14!

Made it all the way up to Dragonspiral Tower in Pokémon White 2 today! It was already getting late so I didn't want to start on it tonight, but hopefully I’ll be able to clear it tomorrow. Also got my whole main team above level 70 now too!

Another part of my little merch order with the free credit from the other day arrived here safely!! ;v; Just waiting on a couple more cards now—might get something tomorrow too, but we'll see! 🤞

I watched a few short Youtube videos with my family this evening!

Despite not being the best day, there are some things for me to be happy about. Because I had downtime at work, I was able to do some prepping for my upcoming event. I also got in two walks during the day, which is something I'm hoping to make a regular part of my schedule again.

My dog was so happy when I got home. Seeing how excited he gets, running circles around the table, jumping up trying to kiss my face, and feeling his little paws tapping me to get my attention makes me feel so loved and appreciated.

My husband was also very sweet to me today and patiently listened to me vent.

17-18th july

travelled to london to go see sam campbell's tour. style was really funky and great. recommend taskmaster series 16 if you'd like to check out his comedy. also went on a cable car that went over the thames (90 metres height) and hit up the london eye with my sibling. i really forgot about the concept of tourists in central london specifically

19th july

started playing everhood, was a fan the super trippy energy but decided i wasn't into the rhythm part of the game. loved what i did play though
started playing va-11 hall-a - love the cyberpunk aesthetic and vibes. they're making a sequel too :]

also looked up stuff about the third season of only murders in the building and i'm pretty hyped. i'm excited to experience all of the musical numbers

Saturday, July 20, 2024
  • This was one I forgot to add in yesterday. My telephone slot with the Doctor who wanted my thyroid checked told me that my thyroid levels are still low. He has arranged for me to increase my dosage and to see how things progress over the next few months once they build up.
  • I also got an unexpected appointment through the post of an Ultrasound of my neck for early August. Hopefully, another step in finding out what's causing my hoarse, strained voice and thyroid issues.
  • Got up early again and found a lovely message from Xara and a photo of the beautiful Miss Bonk!
  • Blossom and I had a lovely walk this morning. I’m glad it was cooler today, and it rained!
  • I received my 2TB External Hard Drive today along with a new body mist spray I discovered. It smells really nice and refreshing. Blossom barked when my Amazon order arrived!
  • Been starting to tidy out some rubbish since I’m feeling good and energetic! Managed to fill 7 bin bags so far! Going to the tip at the beginning of the week. Can see I’ll be back and forth to the tip for the next few weeks!
  • Restarted to convert my old media onto my laptop as I want to throw out my videos so I can create more space. My Dad found his very old camcorder (even before HD ready!) It still works albeit the batteries don’t last very long. However, he still has the power adapter so we can power it up for as long as needed. He had 2 tapes in the bag aswell, and we were so happy to find some more footage of my Mum on them. It’s not great quality, but watching every single second of her is so precious to us. Going to convert it to my hard drive tomorrow.
  • My brother bought Blossom 3 packs of Cheestrings!
  • Been dipping in and out of QVC as it’s their traditional ‘Christmas in July’ weekend! I love seeing the set all Christmassy!
  • I’ve been rewatching comedies ‘Count Arthur Strong’ and ‘Vicious’.
  • Generally had a great day, and hopefully a quiet day tomorrow!
20240720_175821-min.jpg

Sat 20/07/24

We're hosting a guest at the moment. A friend of ours currently living in another country managed to secure a job here, so he's staying with us while he attends flat viewings. He's been a very considerate house guest and it has been good catching up with him!

This morning I got up early and cleaned the living room, kitchen, downstairs bathroom, and hallway. There's something so nice about your surroundings being clean and clutter-free!

The in-laws and grandpa visited us today - and they brought an M&S picnic lunch! It's the first time grandpa has visited us rather than us going to him, and he's 89 years old with an end stage disease, so were a bit worried about how he would manage on the car journey and with the stairs. But he did okay and seemed thrilled to be here! His new hearing aids meant he could actually hear us properly and he was more involved in conversation than usual as a result.

I've had the house to myself this evening. I took the time to experiment with a new recipe, a lentil and white bean vegetable ragu, and it was utterly delicious. Only 6g of fat per serving and packed with 17g of protein!

Signed up for a spin class tomorrow now that the muscle pain from the last gym session has calmed down. 💪

@Chris please can you post recipe? I need tasty vegetarian recipes, Need to get healthy (actually ordered an exercise bike 😂)

1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
330ml vegetable stock
200g tinned lentils
400g tinned cherry tomatoes
400g tinned cannelloni beans
125g mushrooms
1 bell pepper
1 carrot
1 onion
1 garlic clove
2tbsp tomato puree
1tsp each of basil, sage, thyme, oregano, and garlic powder*
Lots of black pepper
However much pasta you'd usually eat (I cook 75g per person)
Tiniest sprinkling of Italian hard cheese on top

Cooked the onion, garlic, and vegetables in oil first. Then added everything else. I blended the cannelloni beans in a food processor first before adding - I read a tip somewhere that adding blended white beans to tomato-based sauces is a great way to increase protein in a sauce (and thickens it up well). I was aiming to make 2 portions but it made 4 so the rest is going in the freezer. 😂

*Decided it wasn't garlic-y enough quite late on! Otherwise I'd have added more garlic earlier.

I just picked ingredients from cupboard staples and what vegetables needed using up so quite easy to alter to your tastes!

Watched another episode of Hunter x Hunter with my parents this morning, and we also recently started watching Delicious in Dungeon! We’re a few episodes in now and I’m enjoying it so far! admittedly, while I don't necessarily hate the genre, I’m also reallyyyy relieved it’s not an isekai asjkfkjdls

I got to play a lot of Pokémon White 2 today, and made really good progress in the postgame! I think I might need to backtrack for Azelf, but otherwise I think I’m doing a good job at keeping up with catching legendaries once they’re available!

Another part of my mini merch order arrived!! ;w; Just waiting on the last one now, hopefully early next week!

Also got to see the first half of GeminiTay’s new Hermitcraft episode! It’s a slightly longer one than usual, so we’re going to save the Trial Chamber part for next time. c:

Back