• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I had a great and relaxing weekend, which I needed before going back to work tomorrow. Watched one of my favorite animes and then played some Genshin Impact with some friends. I also won Jane's weapon in Zenless Zone Zero and predicted correctly that I would lose on Xiangli Yao's banner in Wuthering Waves, so now I'm guaranteed for Storekeeper. Football season also started and the Dallas Cowboys thoroughly dominated the Cleveland Browns 33-17 today in their first regular season game. I also had a delicious pasta, garlic bread, and salad for dinner. Hope everyone had a great weekend! 💚 :blush:

I wish I could post the stuff that happened in the past week (will try to cover them in a future happy post), but it's getting late over here and I want to cover today since it has been really good for me! ☀️
  • Temperatures are starting to get chilly and while a few of my coworkers and even my family are not liking the change in temperatures, I'm just over here vibing lol.
  • Work was a tad busy, but things went fairly smoothly!
  • Feel free to skip this lengthy point. On my way to work this morning, I saw a wild Porsche Cayman GT4 again, this time parked on the side of the road! It may not be the exact same model year like in Gran Turismo 7, but still hehehe. This next car is the one I haven't seen in almost three years which is a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track! I did see other variations of it, but had a 2.0L turbocharged engine instead and/or didn't have a rear wing like the one I saw in person. The third one is a Porsche Taycan which I will never ever get tired of being amused of seeing. Even got to hear the whirring spaceship noise which cracked me up even more. :ROFLMAO: Lastly, there's one more car which was being fixed up. Helping one of my coworkers, it was a Toyota Prius C, but is called the Aqua in Japan! As you could tell, even this regular hybrid car appears in Gran Turismo 7 bearing the latter name. I even looked around in the interior so I can compare it in-game eventually for the similarities. I don't have the game booted up right now, but I will provide in-game pics of these aforementioned cars lol. 🚗
  • Not long after I got home from work, my mother cooked some delicious food for dinner. It was chicken fritters with aioli sauce and needless to say, I absolutely loved it. It was also her first time cooking it, so she did a great job! Oh, she also baked some brownies which she thought was a failure due to them being too dry, but I personally didn't find them to be bad. In fact, I still liked the brownies and didn't impact my enjoyment savouring them. 😋
  • I made a bit of progress on a drawing for canvas crossing. It warmed my heart hearing that everyone who participated in the Wonderous Wardrobe activity will get at least one drawing of their representative. 🥹
@/Roxxy sent me a message on discord earlier in the day telling me that... My entry for Magnificent Memories got nominated?!? 😭 I couldn't believe it at first and had to take a look for myself to be sure. Not expecting a nomination in the first place, it's already a huge win for me because I really poured my heart out (and challenged my art skills) for my entry regardless of outcome and that I'm basically standing alongside with other people on here who are very talented! It took me a couple of weeks from start to finish making the drawing while juggling with exams in my final semester of college and returning to full time at my job at the same time. Thank goodness I started well in advance back then or I likely wouldn't have completed it before the deadline in the first place!

It makes me happy to see Blue, Poliwag, Galaxolotl, Squirtle, Sterling, Pag-asa, Tazan, and Kylie & Kodie all vibing together in a single drawing. They hold a lot of memories for me participating in team events (2021 TBTWC, 2021 Camp TBT, 2023 Space Camp TBT, and 2024 TBTWC), other forum events (2022 Celebrating Diversity, 2022 TBT Fair, and Farewell To New Leaf), and of course, my friends! Now the hardest part is choosing who to vote for. All entries look so good and all of them have their unique ways of how they were executed! If only I can vote for all entries. I'm sure it wasn't an easy task for the staff. 😅

Saw the newest episode of One Piece this morning (and am so hyped/scared for next week… there is A Lot going on) and another episode of Haikyu!! Also got to see GeminiTay’s latest Hermitcraft video with my parents as well!

Absolutely beyond thrilled to see that I got a couple of contest nominations 😭 and also very excited to see some of my favorite entries for those events get nominated as well!! ;w;

I played Pokémon X a ton today! Got my seventh gym badge, found some more clothes that I’m super duper happy with, and made a bunch of story progress!

And I got to play in both of the Among Us sessions today!! These sessions are seriously so much fun and I love getting to play with everyone (even if y'all keep trying to eat/take custody of my bread doge smh), and I’ve nearly completed the Feast Cosmicube and am making really great progress in the Fungle Cosmicube too!

The weather has been great the past few days, nice cool Autumnal temperatures. Some of the leaves on some trees are in the early stages of changing coloration, and a few have actually already completed the change. Unfortunately the pleasant Autumnal temperatures are due to change this week as we return to the 80s get out of here, Summer, no one wants you here anymore, but it has been nice while it lasted. Hopefully the cooler temperatures will return ASAP and stick around after this week. We'll see.

Also, I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season today. Delightful.

Today was not bad even though I was a bit down and my problems with my connection on my switch.

I had a lot of fun during Among Us, sadly the only time I got Shapeshifter, I d/ced.

I got a nice screenshot before @.: Meri :. killed me :D
IMG_8556.jpeg

She, uh, killed me a lot tonight 😅.

I was able to trade for some recipes that I needed in ACNH. 🙂 Thanks so much @Suguri & @ZeldaCrossing64 :D.

I feel a bit better about everything after Among Us and chatting to my friends. 🙂 I’m still kinda discouraged but I still feel better than I was earlier.

I got more customized in AC and am making decent progress on the furniture catalog list 🙂.

Last edited:
Work was as per usual easy and my boss wasn't in, had another coworker take over for me.

Went shopping for shampoo and came back with even more food and cat treats.

Researched a bit about the company for the interview, and found some clothes I think can work as professional formal; but will double check with my mum about things because I know nothing about how clothing styles clash etc.
Gonna try and research a bit more before my motivation for art really kicks in.

• I had a fantastic violin lesson! My violin teacher is helping me learn the Game of Thrones theme song right now. She also introduced me to her boyfriend during our video lesson today, he's a professional drummer. Pictured below is my little set up for my violin lessons. My laptop is older and kinda outdated so the webcam on it sucks so I bought a 1080p external webcam for it and an external mic. So these will do until I can afford a better laptop :) I'll probably eventually upgrade to an even better mic and a 4K webcam at some point. Anyway yeah my lesson went great. I have a lot of stuff/material to work on in the meantime till my next lesson on the 28th :D

Attachments

• violinlesson.jpg
    violinlesson.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 4
𖹭 Made a little self-insert music playlist for my MASHLE persona x Mash >< It made me happy 'cuz I loooove making shippy playlists for OCxCanon ships! ^_^

𖹭 Got to see my bf last night.. ooough. It was his birthday on the 6th, but when he came to see me.. he brought me 3 surprises! He got me a big piece of cake, a Dr Pepper, and a Mitsuri chibi pillow he saw at the mall! I had almost said 'isnt it YOUR birthday tho?!' T^T I was over the moon with joy! It really is the little things.

𖹭 Read Chapter 1 of the Mashle: Magic and Muscles manga. I'm typically a fast reader, but I want to read this series slowly. I don't wanna binge it, but.. we'll see how that works out for me xD

𖹭 Going to my sister's place tomorrow! I haven't seen @Azzy in so long, so I'm excited! We're gonna fangirl and eat junk food together xD

𖹭 I bought my Mash Burnedead cosplay and wig today! I'm super duper excited, as I plan on being him for Halloween this year!

𖹭 I was worried about the Tokyo Revengers perfumes I sold to someone getting destroyed in transit; but the buyer received them safely! They weren't broken which was a HUGE relief. I was so worried they'd crack and shatter.

𖹭 I'm going to the post office tomorrow to ship a few things that I sold online ^^ I need to start saving for my trip to Boston which is in less than a month ^^;;

Yesterday, I was able to hang out with a friend my age at an older friend's house! We streetpassed each other, I was using a New Nintendo 3DS XL, while she was using a Nintendo 2DS, and we exchanged each others' friend codes and friended each other locally.

The friend I was hanging out with was actually born on the same day as me, same year and all! And she's even my gender, too!

I showed her my Animal Crossing amiibo cards and my Tomodachi Life island, and I was able to teach her how to save Nintendo 3DS home menu layouts.

Today wasn’t the best but a few things that made me happy 🙂.

@Xara traded me some more recipes that I needed and also share a picture of adorable Bonk with me ☺️. Thanks so much again 🫶💜💜💜.

I had some connection problems again during Among Us, but I didn’t need to switch to my tablet. I was happy there were enough people to play too since I wasn’t sure if there’d be enough.

IMG_8576.jpeg
Big whoops here 😅. I had a lot of fun 🙂.

I finished something that I was working on for my tbt shop. The mini projects are all done. Now to finish at least the furniture catalogue list and get more items. Also need to think of what to call it. 🙂

The amiibo cards that I was waiting for in the mail finally arrived safely :D.

I got a Scizor.

thanks to a family member who also has a Gen 2 game. Which allowed me to do the trade back and forth to evolve it.

View attachment 583676
Not to kill the mood but I really wish it had a stronger movepool in GSC. Metal Claw and Fury Cutter are the only steel and bug type move it learns, which makes it reliant on hidden power. :/

Not to kill the mood but I really wish it had a stronger movepool in GSC. Metal Claw and Fury Cutter are the only steel and bug type move it learns, which makes it reliant on hidden power. :/

Ah, yeah it's okay. c:

I think I'll go with Metal Claw, Strength, Fury Cutter (which powers up pretty greatly when used in succession) maybe Agility for a 4th move.

That should be good enough for a playthrough.

Pokemon has never been too difficult thankfully. If I can remember the type charts I'll be fine. I'm mostly just playing this to chill out so I don't even mind if the battles take a slight bit longer.

I lowkey was able to sleep for just 5 hours last night and get up early still, so I'm actually pretty happy about that considering that's usually not possible for me, lol.

Other than that it's just a gorgeous day weather-wise, and I've been productive at work. Looked good while doing it, too. :blush: 💚

I got to play Pokémon X for a bit today and made some good progress! Caught Xerneas and popped into Terminus Cave for a minute to catch the last Pokémon I wanted for my team as well, Noibat!! Also happy that I’ve been able to divide all my HMs up between my main team finally!! ;v; I usually have to have my main six + one or two Pokémon I rotate in when I need HM moves to get through certain areas askjldjfgkl

Got to see SmallishBeans’ and GoodTimesWithScar’s latest Hermitcraft episodes with my parents!!

okay I mentioned this one sort of already but I’m even happier about getting Adaman’s modern outfit version in Pokémon Masters EX, because I was not aware that the outfit also came with unique dialogue... thriving rn

And I played in the 8pm Among Us session this evening, and had a lot of fun!! ;w; I’m super close to completing the Fungle Cosmicube too aaaa. I’ve got one item left in it and the hotdog costume in the Feast Cosmicube, and I’ll have completed all my Cosmicubes for the time being! then I'll just have to be patient until spooky season

Back