• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- The Dallas STARS just defeated the Florida Panthers in Florida 6-4!!! That was one heck of a game by the boys in green. 🏒 💚

- Had a good chat with @xara and glad to be good friends with them.

- Achieved a new forum aesthetic and glad to be helping some others with trades as well.

- I put in a lot of work this week and last week at my job, and I'm glad to have tomorrow off to recharge and get my 4th COVID shot. Also really looking forward to playing Pokemon Scarlet and choosing Fuecoco! My Switch icon is Fuecoco now as well. :giggle:

I found some Old Amber in the Pokémon Platinum Underground, and now I've revived all of the available fossils I can find! ^^
Finally finished the best/true ending in the otome route I've been replaying again tonight! ;v; I'm definitely eager to start the sequel soon, but first I think I might replay the good ending too, because it's also pretty sweet.
I saw some really nice artwork of one of my comfort characters!
My parents and I are almost caught up with GoodTimesWithScar's videos again!
I got to make another rubber band bracelet this evening!
And I've already collected all the ACNH NSO icons for this month! Even though I'm not planning to get Pokémon Scarlet for a while, I think I will try and collect at least some of the icon elements for it too. So far I've got Sprigatito and some of the frames and backgrounds!

Today I'm happy because:

- I wore the super warm and comfy shark hoodie my husband bought for me.
- I went into the office and it was almost deserted. It made the day feel calm and lazy, a lot like a Friday.
- I had a ton of meetings but I was still able to get a fair amount of work done.
- I took a walk on my lunch break and my afternoon break.
- Tomorrow is Friday and I have very few meetings so I'm hoping to clear out a lot of work before the holiday.
- My nephew's birthday present arrived today. I'm planning to get it wrapped and shipped tomorrow.
- I took a long, hot shower to warm up this evening.

- After two days of feeling pretty ill due to unusually bad period symptoms, I'm feeling so much better today!

- Got our group presentation done in class for university today, and I think we did alright (and it doesn't count for much of our final grade anyway)

- As usual, I enjoyed my Friday class

- Happy it's the weekend! :)

Covers today and yesterday.

• I received the most lovely gifts in the mail from @Mick and @Laudine. Feeling very loved. I have amazing friends. 🖤
  • Went out for drinks last night with two of my friends who recently got married. Drank more than I should have, but I had today off so it was fine. It was worth the headache.
  • Went to the salon with my partner today. She drags me along with her occasionally for an eyebrow threading. Usually they're very hesitant to change the shape too much, but the woman who did them for me today really went for it and damn do I love the result!
  • I'm alone this weekend while the Mrs is at a three-day reunion with her university pals. So I treated myself to Chinese takeout and a bottle of wine. 🍷

I’ve had a lot of stuff on my mind lately but today turned out to be a really good birthday! New Pokémon is always exciting and plus I had a lot of people wishing me a happy birthday which made me happy! :]

Ohhhh one more thing, it snowed a bit which was also nice haha

Last edited:
Just for the hell of it, I decided to hook up my Gamecube today (the original one I got as a Christmas gift back in 2001) and I'm extremely happy that it, the GameBoy Player and all my old Pokémon games still boot up and work. I'm glad to see some of my save files are still there, because unfortunately my copies of Red, Blue, Gold and Silver and Crystal no longer keep the save file. But it's to be expected, as they're relics of the ancient past. I'm just really happy to even own these games as nowaways you have to pay a fortune for them.

IMG_20221118_175603928.jpg

Pokémon Yellow on the big screen! 🤩

IMG_20221118_175704995.jpg

And yes, that's a Mew in my party, thanks to the Mew Glitch! Oh Gen 1 and your many, many, maaaaaany glitches lol

IMG_20221118_175744271.jpg

Here they all are, a Pokémon collection to be proud of. The best things I own besides my massive amount of plushies.

IMG_20221118_180807660.jpg

And just for fun, I bought Japanese copies of these games. The original Japanese Green, yes, with its absurd number of bugs and the original Pokémon sprites in all their glory.

IMG_20221118_180843117.jpg

So I booted up my old AC town and first villager I talk to in yearsssssss omg LMAO I could never forget you, Teddy!! 🥰🐻

IMG_20221118_184816679.jpg

IMG_20221118_184848922.jpg

IMG_20221118_190522653_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Here are 3 of my most sought-after, rare Gamecube games! Back then these were, like, regular retail price, but online?? Each one costs a whole month's rent lol oh and can't forget the GameBoy Player disc. Consider yourself very, very lucky if you still have one of these, and bonus points if it still works!

IMG_20221118_192408092.jpg

How much would someone pay me for these? 😂 they all still work! Too bad I didn't keep their original boxes, though haha

IMG_20221118_191428230.jpg

I went a little crazy back then and even indulged in some Famicom goodness, collector's items to be sure.

IMG_20221118_192848491.jpg

Also random Tamagotchis because they deserve love and attention too, even if their batteries are dead LOL

IMG_20221118_192142256.jpg

Was feeling sick last night so I took a last-minute raincheck on my out-of-town vacation with friends. I'm a tad bit sad about it because I was excited for it the whole week, but I was mentally not feeling well and the 3 AM call time would've probably made things worse. Anyway, I drank my meds and woke up well-rested so I feel much, much better. I decided to just tag along with my boyfriend's out-of-town party with his officemates, at least it's happening in the evening so I have more time to rest and work on some remaining stuff today. :]

Today I’m happy because:

• My friend really loved the going away gift I gave her, to the point of almost crying happy tears!
  • Most of my classes were chill, and I’m off for all of next week!
  • My dogs are super happy today for some reason, and I love it!
  • My choir teacher did something I never would’ve thought she did, and I will be forever grateful.
    When my friend and I were walking in the Fine Arts hallway in the morning just like we usually do before school starts, there were some kids running and acting like maniacs. Well, my choir teacher got out and started yelling at those kids, and I froze, telling my friend we should just turn around and go to class even though it was super early. My choir teacher heard me say this, and she said, “Why would you think I’m yelling at you? You did nothing wrong! Are you afraid of me?” And I had to hide the fact any authority figure yelling scares me due to home stuff, plus I like this teacher and didn’t want her to think less of me. When I actually had her class I won a game we played, and as she was handing out my reward, she said “See Raven, I could never yell at you. You’re perfect.” And that just made me so freaking happy because she did something my family could never do and I’ve only known her for a few months.

Today I'm happy because:

- I worked from home today and had a pretty chill day.
- I got a lot of emails cleared out and other work done.
- If next week is calm like I expect, I should be able to get things current by December.
- I wrapped and shipped my nephew's birthday present. It should arrive on Monday for his birthday on Wednesday.
- I had a good visit with my chiropractor. My back has been feeling so much better over these past few months.
- I spent some quality time with my husband and my dog this evening.
- It's Friday and I get to sleep in this weekend.

- I was feeling pretty depressed and tired today, but after I woke up from a nap I remembered all of the people that have supported me thus far and their words "don't give up," which reminded me of the end of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon when they tell the main two characters to not give up. It was just kind of comforting to know that I can still keep going on, no matter what.

- Had a lot of fun playing Pokemon Scarlet today, and I already have four gym badges and just defeated the third Team Star base.

- Had a really nice dinner as well.

- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks obliterated the Denver Nuggets 127-99!!! Luka Doncic recorded the 50th triple-double of his career. That's what we like to see, dawg. 😤 🏀 🔥

happy friday, everyone! today was vv uneventful for me, but i’m not complaining! had the day off school today, so looking forward to enjoying my long weekend! ☺️ i do have an assignment to work on, though. 😩

𓆩♡𓆪 watched disenchanted with my parents this afternoon! i already talked about it in the “what’s the last movie you’ve seen?” thread, but i enjoyed it! the aesthetic was so beautiful, and it had the same magic that the first movie’s did! i still love that most of the main original cast came back. it made me laugh a bit, and amy adams was once again the star of the show for me — she really hasn’t aged at all! also loved maya rudolph’s character. <3 might draw some inspo from it for my new horizons island as well!
𓆩♡𓆪 i actually took this yesterday, but bonk holding still long enough for me to take a photo of her always makes me happy. especially love taking closeups of her. what an annoying, gorgeous, silly girl she is. 🖤
68CF81D7-D08B-4BE5-815A-2052445491E2.jpeg

also bonus pics from yesterday!
1AA7BFF5-6651-463A-A571-B58F56E553D0.jpeg
FD5796DA-B021-4D4D-B821-CDF1AFD10BFE.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 i recently took a break from most social medias for over a month, and tonight i spent some time finally getting caught up on some of the posts i’ve missed.
𓆩♡𓆪 ending my night with some more episodes of the crown. i’m really starting to enjoy it! :)

- I was feeling pretty depressed and tired today, but after I woke up from a nap I remembered all of the people that have supported me thus far and their words "don't give up," which reminded me of the end of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon when they tell the main two characters to not give up. It was just kind of comforting to know that I can still keep going on, no matter what.

- Had a lot of fun playing Pokemon Scarlet today, and I already have four gym badges and just defeated the third Team Star base.

- Had a really nice dinner as well.

- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks obliterated the Denver Nuggets 127-99!!! Luka Doncic recorded the 50th triple-double of his career. That's what we like to see, dawg. 😤 🏀 🔥
Wooo!! What a day! Between getting S/V and the MAVS winning, it’s a total W for the day! 🤩😤🏀🔥

I'm just gonna cover yesterday and today lol.

November 17, 2022
  • I drove somewhere and spotted what seemed to be a tri-colour smooth collie! They're like rough collies except they don't have fluffy fur lol. But that didn't stop there. I also happened to spot a tri-colour shetland sheepdog too! The one I saw is slightly fluffier than the image I linked to. I want to hug them so much. 🥺
  • I created some more stuff in Inkscape!
  • I finally finished the drawing I've been working on for the past few days!
I don't think enough words can describe how much I'm happy with replicating the art style of Sailor Moon. 😭 For those unaware, these two OCs are created by @/xSuperMario64x. Obviously, I showed this drawing to him and he absolutely loved it! I totally didn't listen to the Sailor Moon intro for one hour straight while drawing this lol.
Lumew & Solmew Sailor Moon Art Style.png

November 18, 2022
  • I created more stuff in Inkscape yet again! I will never get tired of seeing my custom decals on a car. 😁
  • Speaking of which, I got to play Gran Turismo 7 again after not doing so in the past couple of days.
  • I was actually not feeling too well for most of the day, so it was fairly tough for me to get through. Fortunately, I slowly feel like I'm getting better!
  • This weekend is the last race of the 2022 Formula 1 season and I'm excited! At the same time, it'll be bittersweet because Sebastian Vettel is going to retire from the sport for good. I didn't really watch Formula 1 during the time he was in his prime, but I'll miss him regardless.

I have been blessed yet again with even more gorgeous artwork of some of my favorite characters ;v;
Caught Kecleon in Pokémon Platinum and got the Color Changer app for my Pokétch! I wasn't too much of a fan of the default green, but I really like the aqua option.
Also made a few rubber band bracelets today, and found a cool pattern that's really easy to make! ^^

I went to Disney World and Universal Studios. I have pictures that I will share later. Kind of too much stuff that I did to list here. There were Christmas themed parades where they shot snow soap above buildings. It looked like real snow. And everything was decorate for Christmas.

I did the new Harry Potter Hagrid motorcycle ride. It was really cool and it definitely felt like it went at least 80mph. I think I went 4-5 times (the line for the ride was over two hours) but something happened where they issued me 'right away' tickets and I used them all on the ride. Everyone in line hated me lol.

hhh.png

Back