• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- Had my final class on one of my units today, it was one of the most enjoyable units I've had at uni so far! Kind of sad that it's ending, but not sad about no longer catching rush hour trains at 4pm in the dark anymore 😅

- Last night I submitted almost all of my assessments due in next week, so now I "only" need to complete one more essay lmao

so I've been watching different slime shop videos on youtube for the last few months, and just recently I decided I would buy one to try for myself. I love the concept of slime but I've never liked the ones I've gotten before bc I don't like sticky textures. I discovered the existence of cloud slime and clay-doh slime, and they look really satisfying when people smush them so I decided that I would buy one from Parakeet Slimes when they restocked.

I've been eyeballing their shop page for like the last 3-4 days, and finally today the shop restocked and I managed to snag a super adorable clay-doh slime based on Animal Crossing!! ofc it wasn't cheap and shipping is kinda outrageous but tbh I've been looking forward to this and I was really happy to buy a slime before the shop sold out (which most of the shop did sell out by the time 30 min had passed). I'm always happy to give my money to a small business and I'm sure the product will be absolutely amazing 😌

here's what it looks like, it has little rainbow, flower, and leaf sprinkles, and an absolutely adorable hedgehog charm that looks like Shaymin 🥺💚 I can't wait to get it soon!
EtsyItemListingPhoto-8_f60e39d5-e021-4acc-a050-4be40fe78e48_550x.png

Yesterday I went to a field trip to a culinary vocational school! I'm planning to enroll and attend this school when I'm older, and my best friend wants to go there too! We also went to a shopping mall and bagel shop afterwards - I bought some poutine and it was delish! 🍴

Did my oral presentation in French class today, and even though I got nervous and messed up a bit near the end, I think I did good on it! Although I'm not super confident with my French, I know that I've improved a ton over the years! :]

I got my science test back and got 93% on it!! This is pretty big for me 'cause I haven't been doing too well in this class, so I was worried I'd fail the test. 📝 I had also managed to get all 11 multiple-choice questions right, even though I guessed for some of them. Talk about lucky, I suppose!

I've been writing some haikus recently! Most of them are incoherent and are usually full of references, but I'm happy with what I write regardless. I've showed them to my friends, and they seem to like my haikus too! 🖋️
Baseball Champion
Can Sakura be beaten?
We'll see about that...

November 19th
The Wii is 16 years old
Therefore, it can drive

Play the Song of Storms
It's raining in December
Make it go away

I'm also happy with what I've been drawing lately, I can definitely see the improvement! 🎨
1670631136946.png

Joined a Discord server dedicated to Mii-related games (Wii Sports, Tomodachi Life, Miitopia, etc.) and I quite enjoy it there! My favorite channel is "Guess the Mii". ^^

Changed my TBT aesthetic for the Christmas/holiday season, using screenshots from my Tomodachi Life game! 🎄

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- It was another quiet day at work. I accomplished everything I set out to get done today.
- I saw some of the neighborhood animals while we were taking our afternoon walk.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this evening.
- My husband was very sweet to me today.
- It's Friday. I'm looking forward to the weekend and the TBT Christmas event! 🎁🎄🎀

-Was in yet another Christmas parade. This one was wayyy longer than the first one I was in, but it was fun nonetheless. I missed seeing a ginormous pothole in the road and twisted my ankle pretty badly. On top of that, my legs are sore. Nevertheless, I was still happy seeing all the spectators cheering and having a good time. My friends and I took a lot of fun pictures together and I had a blast.
-Finished the book A Taste for Monsters. It is about Joseph Merrick, a real-life man who was born with physical deformities. This book introduced me to his beautiful story and how difficult his life was. He was such a nice, well-mannered man, yet people only saw him as a monster. I adore him and his nonstop positivity and love toward others even though they treated him so poorly. I highly recommend this book. It's not a biography about him, but it does touch on his situation while the plot is a fictional ghost story.
-Finished Christmas shopping for everyone last night, and finally got around to wrapping their gifts earlier. I really hope all of my family and friends like their presents. 🖤

happy friday, friends! i spent most of my day trying to catch up on sleep haha, but i had an alright day! i hope you all have a great weekend! ☺️

𓆩♡𓆪 went to school. may or may not have passed out immediately after being marked present, but at least i went? LOL.
𓆩♡𓆪 read a new fanfic that i really enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 forgot to include this in yesterday’s post, but i received some more lights from dear friends. also received some today as well. 💗 i’m really thankful that so many people thought about me enough to send me lights; i know i don’t have any displayed right now, but they really do mean the world to me and i’m so, so grateful. i love my friends and am so lucky to have such wonderful ones. <3
𓆩♡𓆪 no new pics of bonk to share today sadly, but she was very sweet and affectionate today. 🥺 i love her so much, even though she’s insane most of the time haha.
𓆩♡𓆪 it’s finally friday! i have no assignments to work on, so i have the weekend to myself to just relax and focus on the tbt christmas event!
𓆩♡𓆪 speaking of the christmas event, it’s starting tomorrow!! i’m so excited; i can’t wait to see what the activities and new collectibles will be this year! i’m especially excited to see this year’s new candy cane collectible. ^~^ i’m looking forward to swapping presents with everyone, and i love that staff will be donating to charities as well! that just makes the event so much more special. 🥰
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.
𓆩♡𓆪 the temperatures outside are finally starting to drop again! my room’s been cold all day as my window’s open, which i love. i get hot and overheat easily, so i love cold weather! being able to comfortably snuggle under my blanket without getting hot is the best. ☺️

I've been writing some haikus recently! Most of them are incoherent and are usually full of references, but I'm happy with what I write regardless. I've showed them to my friends, and they seem to like my haikus too! 🖋️
the wii haiku made me chuckle — can’t believe the wii’s been out 16 years already. i feel old lol. your hiakus are great, though! i’ve always struggled a bit with writing them myself, so anyone who writes them gets my admiration. 😋

and congrats on doing so well on your science test! 93% is amazing! i hope you get a good grade on your french presentation as well. <3

Last edited:
🦠 🧪 I successfully took my cell biology and organic chemistry laboratory finals, and got A's in both classes. I'm sure happiness will come later, but right now all I feel is an overwhelming sense of relief.

💐 My partner sent me flowers and chocolates today. Probably because I lost my damn mind yesterday cried on the street in front of a Starbucks and a pet store (over my bio exam, no less). Anyway, the gifts were extremely sweet. What a frickin cutie!!

📝 My roommate read me some of the yik yaks she's been seeing online, and I can officially say that everyone at this school is currently unhinged. We laughed as if we weren't also both having out of body experiences as a result caffeine and sleep deprivation. Just suffering things <3

👗 In a manic fit of anxiety-fueled consumerism, I ordered a dress, jeans, block heels, and a beanie over the span of the past few days. I will need them come the holidays, okay? That's what I'm telling myself...

♥️ Got to see a bunch of my friends today, which cheered me up. (Even though all we did was study, shhhhhh)

✨🌳 To all the gorgeous frequenters of this thread who are sick of hearing me scream and cry about exams and grades and finals -- me too, buddy. Me too. I am looking forward to next Monday evening when I take my last final, come home, pass out, and play Animal Crossing all night. Until then... we grind. To whoever is reading this, good luck! You got this, whatever you're aiming to do today or tomorrow!!!! I believe in you!!!!!

We got some more stuff donated! This was a smaller trip, but I'm glad that we're still making good progress towards clearing things out here. ^^
The other day, my DS Lite wouldn't charge no matter what I did, so I crossed my fingers that the problem was with the charger and ordered a replacement one. It arrived today, and thank goodness, my DS Lite charged up again!! 😭 I know I have my 3DS as a backup in case I do lose my DS someday, but I'm still really happy that my first-ever console is still going strong.
I made a few more rubber band bracelets! Also found a variation of the fishtail pattern that I liked, and decided to try and apply the same method to a single-chain bracelet, and it turned out pretty nice!
Played a little bit of Pokémon Platinum too!
My tuxie kitty slept on my feet for a little while. ;v; He was very cute (and warm).

Oh noooo, I destroyed some of your notifications again lol. This week has been pretty busy for me, but it's gonna crank up even more next week aaaaaaaaa. I'll mention some stuff that's happened since.

December 5, 2022 - December 8, 2022
  • Feel free to skip this point. Unfortunately, no new cars that I have yet to mention, but it still made me happy to see a McLaren MP4-12C, and in the colour orange too! The first time I spotted it was in a different colour, so it must mean that there are at least two that exist in my area. 😂 The next day, a Honda S2000 decided to show up on the roads again.
  • So uh, I did a Kahoot at college where we had to identify the car logos... I am pleased to say that for the first time ever in years, I came out on top! 😲 I had somewhere around 9750 points while the person in second place had somewhere around 9720 if I recall correctly (will probably edit this bit at a later time). I don't think I've ever seen a margin that small when playing Kahoot. The majority of the people were getting all the answers right, so it was a matter of speed from there. I don't remember all ten of them but if you're curious what logos were used, they were Mercedes-Benz, McLaren, Audi, Peugeot, Hyundai, Lamborghini, Chevrolet, Bentley, and Subaru... Chrysler was one of the choices when Chevrolet came up, so one of my classmates acted too quickly and got baited real bad lol. Of all times I won at Kahoot, I used my real name for this one, so I won't post a photo of it, unfortunately! I know it sounds suspiciously convenient but trust me.
  • In engine class, we continued to put parts back together, with the timing chain being a pain lol. We had to make a few tweaks before we even start putting it back on then had to set it in the exact right spot. Thankfully, we got it done and it felt satisfying.
  • Watched Sailor Moon with my sister.
  • Received some lights from @/Roxxy, @/LadyDestani, and @/Merielle! Thank you, and I appreciate the kindness and messages you put in them. 💙 I was pleasantly surprised that you still remember being Poliwag besties with me during Camp TBT, Merielle. 🥺
  • I completed the final assignment for English class! Good gravy, that subject was basically eating up the time I could've used to focus on my other subjects, so I'm glad that's done and dusted.
December 9, 2022
  • I had to do two tests today, one of which I didn't know was also happening. Thankfully, I did great on both of them! But I don't want to celebrate just yet. Next week will be pretty brutal for me since my finals will take place, with three of them happening on the same day. I've been studying over the past few days in small periods to not cram everything in a single day. It's hard with a lot of stuff I'm facing, but I'm trying. I'm aware of the winter event that's happening on TBT and that I still have to do a drawing for secret Santa, but I got important things to prioritize for now. 😭
  • I treated myself to a chicken sandwich from Popeyes.
  • I picked up my sister from school early and went on a small car stroll after... The best part is that I saw a classic Volkswagen Beetle yet again!
  • Speaking of the classic Beetle, I managed to buy a matchbox of that car along with a 1971 MGB GT Coupe which funnily enough, is also another one of those cars I've spotted in real life. Probably not the exact same year model but whatever lol
  • I cooked some tasty food for dinner!
  • I watched a couple of episodes of Sailor Moon with my sister. I dunno about you but wow, I've really come to dig the music they use for Moon Prism Power Makeup. It kinda gives me a little bit of jazz fusion vibes especially when the vocals come in.
  • Finally, I very much appreciate talking to @/xSuperMario64x over on discord. There was something that's been on my mind for the past couple of weeks and I'm glad that he was there to listen to me and talk about it a little further. On a lighter note, it's pretty great seeing the different kinds of pokemon he's caught in Pokemon Violet, even though I have personally never touched a Pokemon game in my life (no, Detective Pikachu does not count)! At one point, Bug had like, four Fuecocos and we joked around saying that he should have a huge army of them lol. This is what happens when you make a car livery for someone that literally took months to make lol.

Yesterday: I saw one of the best Pantomimes - Goldilocks & the Three bears

Today:

I worked more on my island & got more items for my island

Wrote some Christmas cards & I’ll write more on Monday

Tomorrow:

I’m wrapping Christmas presents :)

Might have time to play Acnh & work on my island

I’m Seeing my brother & his partner :D

bustin out the rainbows yall

I just got an email this morning saying that my slime order has been shipped so hopefully it'll be here in the next few days! I'm so excited for it!!
at my internship again today, first time I've sat in on a rehearsal in a while and it feels so nice to listen to a live orchestra again. nothing beats hearing it in person. I've also reconnected with some people so that's nice. the holiday concert is tomorrow and I'll be helping out with that!
yesterday wasn't that great for me but today's been going pretty well so far, mostly bc I can actually get away from home (and thus away from my dad) for a while. I'm prob gonna go to goodwill and look around a bit before I head home, always on that plushie hunt 😁
I got my hair trimmed this morning, it was much needed and I feel a lot better now 😌
I'm glad to know that even if my dad couldn't care less abt how I feel that there are people who really do genuinely care. I'm hoping to reach out to some people I know to see if I can get some help. I won't be able to move out anytime soon so my mom and I will need all the help we can get.
been talking to @/Shellzilla_515 on Discord and he's always there to listen even if I want to ramble abt pokemon for 3 hours lol. he seems to be quite fascinated with my Violet playthrough despite not having much if any knowledge of pokemon, it's nice to have someone to share my hilarious playthrough experience with 😄
(and ofc not to mention I vent, he vents, we talk cars and plushies and drawings and animusic, yada yada, great friend material here yall)
went to the thrift store yesterday and I found a plushie of the mascot for The Salty Dog Café. he's a flat-coated retriever (basically the same as a golden retriever except it's black instead of golden, and has a slightly more narrow head) and he's wearing a little red scarf and a yellow hat. he's so cute and I'm honored to add him to my collection 🥺💞

Some panda happies incoming! Not a lot but just having one reason to be happy is good enough lol
  • I'm starting to sleep a bit better each night, which is a huge deal for me.
  • Watched some really cute cat shorts and shared one with my friend who enjoyed it as well! I also saw some cool science stuff so that's always good. I like learning about random stuff about science and history.
  • I was finally inspired and motivated enough to write a new chapter to my fanfic yesterday.
  • As I took out the trash the other day I saw a cute black squirrel! It stuck around for a bit, curious of me, but then scurried away.
  • I binged a couple of movies on Disney+ but some of them I didn't really enjoy lol they've just been on my to-do list for a long time now and I wanted to get it out of the way.
  • I listened to some of my favorite music/songs.
  • I finished drawing my new holiday-themed signature, featuring my 3 adorable OCs!
  • I'm excited for when it finally snows in my area! Random snow flurries are always the best!
  • I cooked a nice dinner yesterday for my family.
  • Received a lot of Christmas Lights from forum friends, all of which with really lovely messages ☺️ thank you all for thinking of me and I hope you all have wonderful holidays!
  • Indulged in some of my mom's wine. A bit too strong for my liking but it was still pretty good. I'm more into wine coolers.
  • Had a really fun play session of Pokémon Scarlet the other night. I challenged what I assumed was the toughest of the Team Star leaders, and I was right! I went in with my party in the early 40s but with the right strategy and team synergy we won, but things could have seriously turned a Cacturne for the worst! 🤭😂
  • I'm happy I can finally display my winter aesthetic! I love it so much! Just in time for the 2022 TBT Season of Giving event! 🐇🎄🌨️💖

- So glad I had a really long sleep today after a couple of days perpetually tired, and when I woke up it had snowed!

- Got in touch with my two best friends, and hopefully we'll all be meeting up over Christmas 🤞

- Played a lot of Pokemon Violet last night and this afternoon! I managed to evolve my Charcadet into Ceruledge, and I just beat Iono

My parents and I watched another episode of both Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (I'm so glad we decided to rewatch it; this series is so GOOD) and Fairy Tail this morning!
I made another rubber band bracelet! I had some colors that I wanted to make a bracelet with yesterday but didn't have the time for, so I'm happy that I got to use them today! ^^
Got to play some otome today! I played Pokémon Platinum for a little bit too, but mainly just to check the daily swarm Pokémon—and good thing I did too, because I was able to get Cubone!
Saw fWhip's new Empires x Hermitcraft episode this evening over dinner!
And of course, TBT's Season of Giving event started!! ❄️ I've already come up with the sketch for my advent calendar and started catching up on my ACNH island in preparation for my Holiday Snowscape entry. My island is in May right now. 😅 I'll probably just skip straight to winter once I'm through with June, but I still think I've got my work cut out for me ahahaha

Back