• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

-Although I'm not too thrilled about waking up at 7 am everyday. I like that my sibling's new work schedule gives her weekends and holidays off. Which means no babysitting for me on those days.😁

-I'm slowly getting the hang of playing Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life. I still need to keep my notes and spreadsheets nearby, but at least I don't have to plan out my character's daily routine down to the hour.

-My nephew is too young to understand Pokemon, so I got to keep his Pikachu happy meal box and trading cards.

Today I'm happy because:

- I accomplished a lot in Kena: Bridge of Spirits last night. I found 8 new rot buddies! I'm well over the halfway point. I also progressed in the storyline and defeated a mini-boss on the first try.
- A problem did come up at work today, but I didn't have much else going on so I was able to spend the time I needed to resolve the issue without feeling stressed. Also, I'm happy that the issue was not caused by my team and was not something we could have caught on our own. We won't be taking any heat for this mistake.
- The temperature has cooled down a bit but it's still warm and sunny. Perfect weather!
- I had mozzarella sticks and marinara sauce with my dinner.
- It's the weekend! I have a few plans but I'll also have some downtime to relax.

I finally managed to Alchemy level 15 and became a Legendary Alchemist in Fantasy Life!! It took forever but hey, after selling all the diamond rings I made to grind EXP, I'm rich! 😌
Also played Pokémon Legends: Arceus for the first time in ages! I casually worked on completing my Pokedex while retrieving player satchels and quietly hoping for more shinies
I watched a few YouTube videos with my family—we got to see the rest of GeminiTay's Decked Out mega-episode and my mom and I finished watching Markiplier's playthrough of Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion!

* The tremendous statue I bought in New Horizons was genuine ^_^
* Ate Whataburger for lunch
* Had some cotton candy ice cream
* We had an early little celebration for my brother's birthday with our grandparents, since his birthday is next Friday (the 22nd) and they will be out of town.
* Caught a scorpion in New Leaf. ^_^ Also placed a bridge and donated the needed bells. I got the island, caught some creatures, and brought back some flowers and planted them. I enacted the Beautiful Town ordinance.

What I did yesterday on 9/14/23:
- I received some money from my parents.
- Went shopping and bought some art supplies.
- Ate some Mediterranean food at a restaurant.
- Watched the Nintendo livestream. Can't wait for Super Mario RPG. The Princess Peach game looks cool too!

What I did today:
- I completed some homework.
- Finished the story mode of the Teal Mask DLC in Pokémon Scarlet and I had a blast exploring the vast land of Kitakami. I like that you can now command your Pokémon to stand still, which is useful for taking pics. Also, the Ogre Oustin' minigame is so fun! Can't wait for the Indigo Disk (the second part of the DLC).
David and Lucario.jpg
- Had some yummy breakfast.
- Practiced sketching.
- Worked out for the first time in a while.

Today I'm super happy because:
  • I'm just extremely happy about today's TBT Neighborly Games session at Mario kart 8. It's been fun playing with other TBT members as always!
  • And the fact that Funky Kong actually made in the final wave dlc of Mario kart 8 Deluxe along with Diddy Kong and Pauline made me happier since they're my most wanted characters for the dlc! 😊

- I saw a herd of at least 40 deer on my walk this week! We didn't disturb them but we could get pretty close, it was so cool.

- It's starting to look like autumn! Some trees are already turning, the days are drawing in, and there are lots of berries and pine cones around right now. I can't wait until it's cool enough to light candles and wear warm clothes.

- The weather's been alternating between heavy rain and clear sunny days, which is honestly ideal. It's supposed to rain a lot next week as well.

I’m not exaggerating when I say that I’ve been sitting outside this store for an hour waiting for it to open. This is the store I’ve been most looking forward to on this trip. I could already see various anime just from the view outside the door. The employees loved my Blue Lock shirt and the compliments made me feel good! I picked up a few snacks inside and was able to indulge in the Japanese culture.
IMG_3008.jpeg
IMG_3010.jpeg
IMG_3011.jpeg
IMG_3013.jpeg
IMG_3014.jpeg
IMG_3016.jpeg

My favorite person and I were chatting a bit over the past few days. I remembered she told me out of the blue that her favorite episode from Blue Lock was Episode 8. I went ahead and watched the first few minutes and I already understand. This is my favorite anime but I’m not familiar with episode numbers, haha.
Although, I spent the day stressing about work stuff, it was a fun day. I met Goofy for the third time. I get so excited over the dogs, but I’ll just wave to other characters. I also met Max, so I just had to tell Goofy about it.

IMG_3024.jpeg
My day still isn’t over since I’m headed down to the pool within an hour. It’s the first time I’ll be swimming on this trip and in over a decade. I can’t stay in there too long because of female problems but I mostly planned on kicking my feet anyway. I won’t make any direct contact with the water, lol. I’m looking forward to that for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_3018.jpeg
    IMG_3018.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3013.jpeg
    IMG_3013.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
I’m not exaggerating when I say that I’ve been sitting outside this store for an hour waiting for it to open. This is the store I’ve been most looking forward to on this trip. I could already see various anime just from the view outside the door. The employees loved my Blue Lock shirt and the compliments made me feel good! I picked up a few snacks inside and was able to indulge in the Japanese culture.

My favorite person and I were chatting a bit over the past few days. I remembered she told me out of the blue that her favorite episode from Blue Lock was Episode 8. I went ahead and watched the first few minutes and I already understand. This is my favorite anime but I’m not familiar with episode numbers, haha.
Although, I spent the day stressing about work stuff, it was a fun day. I met Goofy for the third time. I get so excited over the dogs, but I’ll just wave to other characters. I also met Max, so I just had to tell Goofy about it.

My day still isn’t over since I’m headed down to the pool within an hour. It’s the first time I’ll be swimming on this trip and in over a decade. I can’t stay in there too long because of female problems but I mostly planned on kicking my feet anyway. I won’t make any direct contact with the water, lol. I’m looking forward to that for sure.
Did you get a Croconaw plush?

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep in this morning.
- The weather was sunny and comfortably warm.
- We cleaned the gutters this afternoon. Glad that it's done and for some reason it's a chore I really don't mind.
- I saw several cute bugs while cleaning the gutters: a couple of centipedes, a bunch of bees, and a black-banded ichneumon wasp. Had to look that last one up, but it was cool. The bees were swarming around the gunk I was throwing on the ground. I haven't seen that many bees in a while, so it made me very happy. One of the bees even landed on my gloved fingertip for a few moments before flying off.
- We tested hooking up my laptop to the TV for our trivia game and I got everything working exactly the way I wanted.
- I spent the rest of the day relaxing with my husband and my dog.

• I went to a Flea Market this morning while wearing my MK8 Male Villager shirt, and two people that set up at the Flea Market commented on my shirt's character. One of them I had a big, small talk with, we were chatting about how I mained him in MK8 and how we were excited for Wave 6 to arrive!

• I also bought a Cheeseburger mini-grill and one of those Cactus Buddy Adult Happy Meal toys from 2022 at the Flea Market, yay me!

• Speaking of MK8, I spectated into the TBT Neighborly Games for MK8 today. Unfortunately I didn't see much of the stream as Mom had to help me with outside duties, so I only saw the beginning and the end. I was there, so I can't lie about my non-absence. With a user who can't participate in this event, the community is very welcoming me into these gaming events, so that's something.

I became a Legendary Paladin and Tailor in Fantasy Life!! Thankfully my Sewing skill was a lot higher than my Alchemy skill was, so I didn't have to grind as long to get to level 15 in it. ;v;
Also very happy to see that one of the new Lives I was hoping would be in Fantasy Life i (Farmer) was officially confirmed!! Can't wait to alternate between monster hunting and tending to my crops in true slayer/gardener fashion
My family and I watched Hunter x Hunter and Fairy Tail this morning! We also got to see some Youtube videos later on.
I did some more chill research task completion in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, recovered several player satchels, cleared the Path of Solitude with Whiscash, and caught a random shiny Geodude!! ✨

I had a very delicious burger for lunch with sour cream and onion potato chips. My dad cooked the burgers on the griddle grill. They were Heaven… 🤤🤤🤤 there was a bunch of yummy food last weekend too, but my appetite and hunger were crashed because of me worrying about my medical stuff as you guys might know, so it was nice to be able to have my appetite back 🤤🤤🤤🤤

Also, I won the bug-off in New Leaf with a 133-point Horned Hercules! ^___^ I also made a lot of bells (thanks to Tortimer Island) and put in the order for my next expansion. <333

Last edited:
I'm not feeling as tired now so I can actually talk more about what's making me happy eeeeee ~🌟

went out this morning to get some donuts, and I figured I may as well splurge a bit, so I got a breakfast sandwich and a hash brown too. I got to do that, and of course, enjoy my morning drive, which was extra nice because the air was cold and crisp this morning.

to go along with that last point, I am by no means one of those people who is begging and pleading for autumn to arrive. I have very much enjoyed this summer, the hot and sunny days, the humid nights, the evenings of torrential downpours. I find joy and wonder in any kind of weather, really; I think it's amazing just how much the weather can change, it fascinates me and I love it.
that being said, though, I am looking forward to the arrival of autumn. summer has had its place, and I've definitely enjoyed it, but change is what makes life so interesting. so when the air turns cold and the leaves start to fall and everything turns golden and grey, I'll be just as happy and content. ☺️

when I walked out the front door this morning to go to my car, I found something really awesome: there was a praying mantis walking along the storm door! it's funny, I used to be so terrified of bugs (and to an extent I still am, bugs that have the potential to fly spook me), but I've found lately that I feel more connected to them. not only because I myself am a Bug (hehe), but also because they are so cool and underappreciated, and I can sympathize with that.
my immediate thought when I saw this mantis was "oh my goodness I want to hold it". I didn't want to grab it, though, so I very gently tried to nudge it towards my hand, and eventually it crawled onto me!! this little buggy was really just vibing being on my hand, and it tried to climb up my arm, but I carefully brought it over to a wooden post and let it crawl over there, so that was it wasn't on the door. it was really great, there's something about holding bugs that I just love haha. 🪲
such a precious bab 🥺💚
20230917-082220.jpg
20230917-082250.jpg
also, I didn't get a picture, but yesterday my coworker was releasing some more monarch butterflies that she raised, and she let me hold one to help release it, and it sat on my hand for a little while!!! that was so adorable aaaa 😭💞💞 I also got to actively watch a monarch emerge from its chrysalis, we were just talking about it a few minutes earlier and it was so awesome to actually get to see that in person and in real time!! 🦋

I've been playing Luigi's Mansion a lot (the original and LM3) and I know I've talked about it here, but I have some really great screenshots that I want to share! I'll put them in a spoiler since there's quite a few:
okay so first of all, in LM3 I went into the bathroom that was connected to Mario's hotel room, and when I bumped the toilet, a freaking sword flew out??? who in the world put it in there??
img_2750-png.513370
and then ofc ya boi weegee just nonchalantly sucked it up in the Poltergust. I swear this thing has a suction that can rival the infinite vacuum void that Kirby uses haha
20230915-200808.jpg

In the original game I was just casually strolling around the mansion and uhhhh... there was just a door on fire?? and it's even funnier bc everything else in this mansion is seemingly fireproof, I couldn't even light the toilet paper on fire in the butler's room. as Luigi once said, "these boos sure know how to make a convincing fake mansion, don't they?"
20230910-180106.jpg

speaking of convincing fake mansions, Luigi apparently learned how to defy gravity during his stay here 😌
20230910-181329.jpg

oh, and he also exploded the moon, just flat-out annihilated it. that was pretty amazing not gonna lie.
20230910-182411.jpg

I found this poster hiding under another inconspicuous poster of some Frankenstein-monster-look guys, and upon closer inspection Luigi said "It looks ordinary... a little too ordinary." like yeah I guess there's nothing at all suspicious about a poster with a scary round boi saying GET OUT OF HERE, in a washroom of all places 💀
20230910-194435.jpg

lastly, this gave me "felt cute, might delete later" vibes, which is great because he's just like 😬
20230916-190413.jpg

last week, after I left to go visit @/Foreverfox but before I actually went to her house, I visited a nearby strip mall to look around a few places. namely, I went into Hot Topic, because even though I don't quite vibe with the high-school-grungey aesthetic, they do have some neat stuff in there. and I did end up finding something there that I absolutely loved and simply could not pass up!
I found these celestial-themed earrings, they have moons and stars on them! the pair that really caught my eye, though, was one that had rainbow colours and little stars! of course I've been, like, lowkey obsessed with that "rainbow space" theme for about a month now and I was like "okay I didn't actually come here intending to buy something but I can't not buy this skdjfks". and thankfully (or perhaps not haha, RIP wallet lowkey) they had a buy-one-get-one-half-off deal for jewelry, so I got two different sets!

this is the pair that caught my eye, it's simple but so cute honestly ✨🌈💕
20230913-121414.jpg

and then these are all the ones I ended up getting! I really dig these earrings a lot, I'm actually thinking about getting a second lobe piercing so I can wear a small stud in combination with a larger one or a dangly pair 😊 I've been wanting to do that for quite a while anyways, and I always let my fear of needles hold me back, but honestly I'm in a "just do it" kinda mood lately hehe
20230913-213649.jpg
20230913-213657.jpg

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday cleaning and reorganizing my room before I went to work! I've actually been doing this off and on for about a week now, but I got a lot done yesterday and my room feels more cozy and less cluttered already! I have quite a few bags of items I'm looking to donate, I'm gonna go through my closet/dresser and pull out old clothes I don't wear anymore, I'm finding better places for some of my stuff, etc etc. I'm sure I'll find some more time today to clean as well!
the more time goes on, the more I'm starting to feel a bit of a disconnect from a lot of my material possessions. my dad has always been a big collector and it kinda rubbed off on me, but now I find that being surrounded by so much stuff actually makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I don't need all these things. I certainly don't need them to be happy. obviously there are some collections I want to keep intact, like my retro games and older plushies that mean a lot to me, but I'm happy to get rid of most of this stuff, honestly.

since today is my day off I've been watching videos and working on commissions, and I'm hoping I'll get to chat with some of my friends today as well. just a nice chill time honestly. should also mention that I've really been enjoying the company of my friends lately; I do appreciate my alone time to indulge in my hobbies, but there's something about having a close friend to spend some time with that's just lovely 🥰

Back