What's Bothering You?

I’m not sure if I can handle a second day of having somebody hover over me at a register saying “scan this” and “scan that,” guiding me through every movement. I can’t hear myself think and I find it difficult to not make mistakes when my every action is being controlled.

She even says “Greet them, ask them how they are doing” and not even giving me a chance to speak. It’s condescending as hell.

I felt like a robot. Th e register froze up on me and the trainer was quick to blame me, saying “what did you do?” in a condescending tone. The customer even defended me on that, telling the lady herself that it wasn’t me. Every customer I encountered that day was super nice and that was the only reason I didn’t go insane.

I’m alright on a register, but I don’t think I can make it out of the training phase without losing my ****.

You know, I'm a legal adult that's well over 21 (despite still living with my parents due to financial reasons), so I should have the freedom to just leave the house without telling my parents where I'm going. However, they somehow still think that I'm a little kid that can't be lost from their sight, so the past few times I went somewhere without telling my dad beforehand, he requested to know exactly where I went. A week ago, I decided to randomly leave the house and go into town to eat something. About 30 minutes in, I get a call from my dad asking where I'm at and if I'm physically okay. Annoyingly, I reply that I'm in town and that my reasoning for it was because I wanted to "be by myself and get away from the house". Of course, I come home later that evening and he's upset that I didn't tell him before I left. I've never left the house to do anything stupid or criminal, so why my parents continue to wonder is beyond me. Heck, this evening he complained about me randomly leaving to go to the grocery store to get ice cream. Come on, man.

The nagging from them is one of the reasons why I want to move out and get my own place. Living in their house is like being in a mental jail - I can't fully enjoy the places I go to by myself with either of my parents getting into my business or bothering me at some point. I'll be making this a big topic of discussion for my therapist during my next session.

i don't like the rules on ''withthewill''.... :cautious:

like i said last time, i don't go on there often anyway... but that's not the point....

Last edited:
People who abuse children should be locked up for life. I don’t understand why so many men (and women) get slaps on the wrist for traumatizing children. It’s disgusting and there is absolutely no excuse or way to redeem yourself from something so horrific. I hate knowing that you could potentially be walking past an abuser on the street.

A male athlete who assaulted a 12-year-old is competing in the Olympics. It makes my blood boil to know that he is allowed to represent his country (the Netherlands) while she and her family are forced to struggle knowing he is free and possibly celebrated.

Someone new moved in 2 houses over and when I drove by they have put up Hells angels sign on the gate door. I guess imma be minding my own business cause I'm too delicate for gang activities. I'm not gonna even glance over there or give them any reason to talk to me

You know that feeling when you're so excited to participate in an event, you forget one major thing when you submit your entry?

Well, that just happened to me, and I'm greatly embarrassed. I hope it gets resolved immediately, because I put effort into it. T^T

This is a long vent so just be prepared.

I reported the person's ableism filled false accusations about me to the moderators of the server they're on today and they defended him saying he's entitled to his feelings. I didn't want to be his friend anymore, I just wanted to know what warranted me being dropped because I was worried I did something wrong. I am quoting him here, "I just feel like you copy me and everyone else on the server and you lowkey idolize me for being a higher functioning autistic person than you are." I did none of those things and when I called him out for it he said it was the kindest way he could've put it. He treated me like I was hostile in my response and I wasn't. In what universe is that sentence an acceptable thing to say to another human being? Why is his friend and the mod team defending something so mean? When I have showed these messages to my friends from outside the server and my parents they all agreed he went out of line and was extremely mean. It would've bothered me less if this wasn't someone I've seen in person at internet meetups before and have interacted with publicly for a year.

This is a server where, I kid you not, a popular user tried to ban someone they didn't like yesterday. The Discord message that says "you do not have permission to use this command" appeared and a mod replied with "lol." The user being bullied was visibly upset over this and the person who did it went "teehee, I'm just a girl," and everyone star emoji reacted to it to be archived. No one called this person out for their minimodding or bullying. Heck, the mod that said "lol" has publicly bullied this user too and nothing was done. At a server award ceremony a few months ago this bullied user was voted as "cringiest server member." Everyone voted to give him a mean award like this, met up with him in person, and handed him a puny little trophy with the title written on it.

That server holds serious sentimental value to me. I became active on it right after a hard period in my life and I made some awesome friends and memories from it. Before that I had no friends in my area whatsoever. The irl meetups from the server made my social anxiety much worse in the moment, but I had some great interactions and made real memories from it. Moving away from the three closest friends I've made on the server was challenging and I've done my best to keep things going even though we're hours away. Now the server is a toxic mess where behavior like this is approved of and made acceptable. Most of the nicer users are not that active anymore and the meaner ones are even more active. My enjoyment on there has declined for months.

I have helped run a Pokemon Discord server and forum for five years. It is small, but it is filled with regular, active users. We have worked hard to maintain a positive environment for everyone involved. What happened to me two days ago and the attempted banning of a different user that was done by a regular popular user would have led to swift action in the place I help run. We in no way tolerate abuse, ableism, minimodding, or open bullying of another user.

My feelings towards the mods of the server where I was treated poorly have soured. Most of them were very pleasant to me up until now, but what I was told today feels like the internet equivalent of a staff member at a public school dismissing a student that is clearly suffering from treated poorly by a bully and coldly telling them that it is not their problem. That the bully needs to be sympathized with. That the bully didn't violate any of the rules even though they clearly did. All because they prefer a "hands off" approach where usually the only action they will take is if a bot joins the server and starts spamming.

There is nothing more I want to do in the world right now than leave that awful excuse of a server for good. I want to escape the toxicity, the casual bullying, and the horrible people that do not know how to approach a difficult situation. If I hadn't met some of those people in person and became real friends with them I would've already left. Just leaving the server in a folder muted doesn't feel like enough to me. I genuinely don't know what to do.

I read your post in full and I just wanted to say, if the image of the server has soured so severely for you to that point as you described, I would honestly leave the place. Especially if the vocal minority is just made up of rude people, it's not worth it to stay somewhere where you feel like you don't belong.

It can be tough to leave something like that if you've made friends there. That I understand. I've been a part of other games and forums before where I found it incredibly difficult to leave because of the connections I made. However, it is completely inappropriate for the staff of that server to be behaving that way and letting the bullying slide. It doesn't make for a welcoming environment, and honestly, if I was there I'd call them out for it (regardless of how they decide to respond), and then probably leave myself.

I'm really sorry this has been happening, but I trust you'll make the correct decision in time. If you need to talk about it any further, you can DM me. 💜

there's this street in town they're decided to put speed bumps, cycle lanes etc. And everyone is furious about it and acting like it's going to kill someone. My brother in christ, if my coworkers can work on 100kph roads with only 1m lateral safety zone, I'm sure a kid playing hopscotch on the side of the road in a 10kph zone will be fine.

Recently I've been thinking about my future and reminiscing on my past. Needless to say, it's left me in tears. I'm stressed about what I'm gonna do with myself and regretting decisions and missed opportunities.

I'm left with two options, and neither of them are viable to me; Go to college or stay home and work. None of my emails have been answered, and I don't have any of my bursary applications complete because I'm missing a SIN number and some documents. I'm supposed to go to college in 3 weeks and I'm not ready. Even if I went, I'm going into a program I'm not really interested in. I did my application because my high school said so, and I didn't want to disappoint my parents.

There was a music program I wanted to enroll in, but it requires an audition (no way I'm passing it at my skill level) and it's in a different college that's further away and probably doesn't have the aforementioned scholarships I was supposed to apply for. Ugh.

If I stay home, I'll have to work and pay my parents for rent/food/etc. as soon as I'm 18 (in about 6 months). The whole reason I was excited about the prospect of going to college is so I can have a taste of independence/adulthood and, most importantly, get away from my family. I don't hate them and they're not terrible people in retrospect, but I'm getting tired of being around them.

Also, I feel like I've wasted my teenage years. I was so focused on just trying to get past high school, I completely disregarded everything else I should've done. I don't have a job, a driver's license, a credit card, or a bank account like a lot of my classmates did. It made me feel inadequate and useless, but I wasn't ready to do any of that. Regarding stuff I wanted to do... I failed in that aspect, as well. I didn't build meaningful friendships (I gave up on that early on in high school) and I didn't master any of my hobbies.

Even with everything that happened (my less-than-stellar mental health, the deaths of various family members, etc.), I still feel like I didn't properly utilize my time, and I'm stuck in a limbo of "I'm useless and don't know what to do with my life". I'm not even a legal adult yet. I don't want to worry about all this, but here I am.

Back