What's Bothering You?

the idea that supporting minorities is inherently political and should just be dismissed as woke/pc culture. it's exhausting.

also i keep waking up so cold it hurts 😭

right after i posted here, my infamous brother and his girlfriend march upstairs to stand in my doorway again and play darts, giving me an anxiety attack and blocking me from being able to go and brush my teeth or get lunch, and talking obnoxiously loudly. as soon as they're gone, i'm genuinely taking that dartboard down and hiding it somewhere. enough is enough.

Last edited:
I really don't know if I should leave that LGBTQIA+ server. I was trying to contribute to a conversation and someone said "looks like the neighbor's dog is barking for no reason again." Despite being really rude the mods didn't do anything. I've thought about leaving before, but I know those people will post nasty things behind my back. They've done that to other people who have left and I'd rather not be their next target.
In the end of the day, those people's words/trash-talk about you is a silent water drop in a tiny puddle. No one important is going to care, or remember. It's like those losers who celebrate the fact that someone blocked them on Twitter. Big whoop, get a life. It's not worth sticking through it to show you're better than them or to avoid their trash-talking.

I had a friend who changed drastically due to the social media they consumed. I get the feeling they barely tolerated me towards the end. It was weird because we were pretty good friends and then all of a sudden they became so hateful. I supported them with whatever they decided to do, but it never seemed like it was enough? It does suck to have them out of my life, but it wasn't worth how emotionally draining they had become. The idea that anything I do or say may set them off. It's not worth it Neb. Just leave, you will feel better about it later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how finding a nice AND functioning handbag especially second hand is impossible. Like if it's nice there is no zip-closing or buttons. If it actually has either of those it's ugly as ****.

Might just order one online or maybe buy a new one if I can find one at all. New ones are 90% ugly though.
Post automatically merged:

the idea that supporting minorities is inherently political and should just be dismissed as woke/pc culture. it's exhausting.
It definitely is pc if one use it solely to make an account woke and far from its original content and to be able to ****post people unless they are the same.

Sure, the 1960s/70s were political but in a whole other dimension and definitely not like today.

Last edited:
I love how finding a nice AND functioning handbag especially second hand is impossible. Like if it's nice there is no zip-closing or buttons. If it actually has either of those it's ugly as ****.

Might just order one online or maybe buy a new one if I can find one at all. New ones are 90% ugly though.

It definitely is pc if one use it solely to make an account woke and far from its original content and to be able to ****post people unless they are the same.

Sure, the 1960s/70s were political but in a whole other dimension and definitely not like today.
woke is a stupid term. there is no 'woke'. it's called being a decent person. unless you know someone's true motivation for changing their account's style (which, at the end of the day, it's still their account regardless) then nobody has any business calling it "pc". same as it's completely stupid to accuse shows and movies of suddenly "being pc" and "pandering" because they decide to represent minorities. sure, their only motivation may be to make money by drawing in said minorities, but that's besides the point. it's still representation for people who deserve to see it. frankly, i'd rather live today than in the 1960s/70s where society at large wanted people like me either dead, locked up or to undergo electroshock therapy and where i would have even less rights than i do today. yeah, they're definitely not like today because at least today i can publicly exist to a degree.

woke is a stupid term. there is no 'woke'. it's called being a decent person. unless you know someone's true motivation for changing their account's style (which, at the end of the day, it's still their account regardless) then nobody has any business calling it "pc". same as it's completely stupid to accuse shows and movies of suddenly "being pc" and "pandering" because they decide to represent minorities. sure, their only motivation may be to make money by drawing in said minorities, but that's besides the point. it's still representation for people who deserve to see it. frankly, i'd rather live today than in the 1960s/70s where society at large wanted people like me either dead, locked up or to undergo electroshock therapy and where i would have even less rights than i do today. yeah, they're definitely not like today because at least today i can publicly exist to a degree.
Being a decent person by basically changing to the drastic, post passive-aggressive things to people and assuming everyone is a white cis-male. Yeah okay.

This account I followed used to be a nice, friendly one about the 60s/70s aesthetic, music, inspirational and all that good until after George Floyd/BLM protests they started basically doing what I mentioned above. If one is gonna represent and educate people you don't do it by fishing for a certain demographic and acting rude but yeah I've seen that's what a lot of those accounts want. It's good to bring light to issues but I think most do it very wrong these days.

That card weren't what I originally posted about either, just that it was different and I don't know why you brought up that.

Being a decent person by basically changing to the drastic, post passive-aggressive things to people and assuming everyone is a white cis-male. Yeah okay.

This account I followed used to be a nice, friendly one about the 60s/70s aesthetic, music, inspirational and all that good until after George Floyd/BLM protests they started basically doing what I mentioned above. If one is gonna represent and educate people you don't do it by fishing for a certain demographic and acting rude but yeah I've seen that's what a lot of those accounts want. It's good to bring light to issues but I think most do it very wrong these days.

That card weren't what I originally posted about either, just that it was different and I don't know why you brought up that.
just because you consider it drastic and passive-aggressive, doesn't inherently mean it is. although even if it was, sometimes that's what needs to be done. it's not like sitting around politely educating majorities, as if that's our job anyway, has ever gotten us very far. you'll see a lot of change comes about through protest. i've tried the "play nice, they probably just need teaching" approach before, and all i ever received was vitriol and hate speech, including even on here. if you ask me, it's a waste of time. it doesn't work for anyone too stubborn to open their eyes.

also, i've seen you (or perhaps someone you were talking to) literally describe fishing as asking content creators et al if they, "support the vaccine" or x cause as if that isn't a perfectly valid question to ask. i know i wouldn't want to be watching and/or supporting a creator who's anti-vaxx or homophobic. so, if you ask me, people can fish all they want. if, by fishing, you instead meant trying to attract like-minded people instead of babying racists etc. then good for them.

if by "card", you mean how the 60s/70s were a garbage time, you literally said they were different politically, and i told you why -- that's why i brought it up.

just because you consider it drastic and passive-aggressive, doesn't inherently mean it is. although even if it was, sometimes that's what needs to be done. it's not like sitting around politely educating majorities, as if that's our job anyway, has ever gotten us very far. you'll see a lot of change comes about through protest. i've tried the "play nice, they probably just need teaching" approach before, and all i ever received was vitriol and hate speech, including even on here. if you ask me, it's a waste of time. it doesn't work for anyone too stubborn to open their eyes.

also, i've seen you (or perhaps someone you were talking to) literally describe fishing as asking content creators et al if they, "support the vaccine" or x cause as if that isn't a perfectly valid question to ask. i know i wouldn't want to be watching and/or supporting a creator who's anti-vaxx or homophobic. so, if you ask me, people can fish all they want. if, by fishing, you instead meant trying to attract like-minded people instead of babying racists etc. then good for them.

if by "card", you mean how the 60s/70s were a garbage time, you literally said they were different politically, and i told you why -- that's why i brought it up.
Maybe, but in that context that person were definitely not being good about it, and that what's bothers me. If they'd been nice sure I could maybe have followed them further but if a civil person/account starts being aggressive and/or passive just because an event happened I'm not supporting them.

You are right about stubborn people however and those I don't care about. And yes I was talking to Croconaw, and I think they meant asking like in the middle of a content if they(watchers) are x or y not the actual creator (which I wouldn't watch if such if the creator were racist or stuff anyway nor do I care about youtubers). It's just sad that people have to resort to the internet and acting like eg. this person/account does/did. And yeah as for fishing like if someone eg. streaming Splatoon or 70s make-up and just starting to pull politics card or whatever in the midst of it. If I want to watch political content I go to a sole channel/person for it not a gaming or make-up stream.

They were and sure it was bad but I can't imagine social media-bad when it comes to getting your voice heard. I don't think digital is necessarily better here.

I woke up with some soreness in my back from skating yesterday, going again today and I'm praying I can push through it and not overwork myself lol

I thought LGBTQIA+ was supposed to be supportive, and I thought that enbyphobia ******* was bad sheesh...
every community has people who are overly judgemental. the trick is distancing yourself from the rude people and connecting with those who genuinely care about others and want to help.

Maybe, but in that context that person were definitely not being good about it, and that what's bothers me. If they'd been nice sure I could maybe have followed them further but if a civil person/account starts being aggressive and/or passive just because an event happened I'm not supporting them.

You are right about stubborn people however and those I don't care about. And yes I was talking to Croconaw, and I think they meant asking like in the middle of a content if they(watchers) are x or y not the actual creator (which I wouldn't watch if such if the creator were racist or stuff anyway nor do I care about youtubers). It's just sad that people have to resort to the internet and acting like eg. this person/account does/did. And yeah as for fishing like if someone eg. streaming Splatoon or 70s make-up and just starting to pull politics card or whatever in the midst of it. If I want to watch political content I go to a sole channel/person for it not a gaming or make-up stream.

They were and sure it was bad but I can't imagine social media-bad when it comes to getting your voice heard. I don't think digital is necessarily better here.
like i said, nice isn't always the way to go, especially where the BLM movement is concerned. do you think all the police brutality and unfair court sentencing etc. is just going to stop if people ask politely? no, of course not. sometimes outrage is just necessary. and that's not even addressing how the "event" might have affected them personally, especially if they're part of the community involved. yeah, some people are going to be angry, and in this situation, i think that's justified.

i mean, if x account did do a, b or c then they do deserve to be called out for it. if a creator is grooming minors or using slurs etc. that information deserves to be public so people can know and decide whether or not they still want to support that creator and their content. if it's just the person's political status, well, i think that should be put out there too. god knows i wouldn't want to be watching and subsequently giving money to a republican. it's one of the reasons i distanced myself from fnaf after the creator was exposed for donating thousands to the republican party, including to politicians who wanted to implement anti-LGBT+ laws/policies. people deserve to know where their view and money are going to. as for someone streaming x and mentioning y, that's their right. you don't have to watch it. it's absurd to expect people to be one-note and never discuss anything beyond the topic they are most known for just because some viewers might not like it. not to mention that it depends on what you consider political because unless they're discussing politicians, it probably inherently isn't. i.e. BLM and LGBT+ rights etc. are not inherently political and are only considered as such because other people decided we shouldn't have them.

every community has people who are overly judgemental. the trick is distancing yourself from the rude people and connecting with those who genuinely care about others and want to help.
Yeah, bit sad most of these bad eggs dictates others a lot so if order to get into communities you have to be like them.

like i said, nice isn't always the way to go, especially where the BLM movement is concerned. do you think all the police brutality and unfair court sentencing etc. is just going to stop if people ask politely? no, of course not. sometimes outrage is just necessary. and that's not even addressing how the "event" might have affected them personally, especially if they're part of the community involved. yeah, some people are going to be angry, and in this situation, i think that's justified.

i mean, if x account did do a, b or c then they do deserve to be called out for it. if a creator is grooming minors or using slurs etc. that information deserves to be public so people can know and decide whether or not they still want to support that creator and their content. if it's just the person's political status, well, i think that should be put out there too. god knows i wouldn't want to be watching and subsequently giving money to a republican. it's one of the reasons i distanced myself from fnaf after the creator was exposed for donating thousands to the republican party, including to politicians who wanted to implement anti-LGBT+ laws/policies. people deserve to know where their view and money are going to. as for someone streaming x and mentioning y, that's their right. you don't have to watch it. it's absurd to expect people to be one-note and never discuss anything beyond the topic they are most known for just because some viewers might not like it. not to mention that it depends on what you consider political because unless they're discussing politicians, it probably inherently isn't. i.e. BLM and LGBT+ rights etc. are not inherently political and are only considered as such because other people decided we shouldn't have them.

It might be, doesn't mean those person should call out others and call them racist/phobic in eg. instagram stories. Honestly I'm better off without such people who are definitely not supportive nor part of it. Sure events can change people but if they're gonna lash out at others who probably didn't say anything cause they aren't educated or don't want to get caught in it for wrong reasons then I do not support someone calling out either.

Yeah for sure, it's better distancing off those things and in most cases don't support at all if you don't know them personally, I'd not send money to strangers or random organizations not knowing them. I don't care supporting streamers for various reasons and even so they might not even give money or support what they say they do in the end. And yeah if one actually cares to watch, background checks are in that case better.

You are right about people making it political but some of those are the same ones that also acts bad. So yeah it's like people need to assimilate to those in order to get their voice heard which I think it's bad. Sure, most countries and societies do suck in that way making it politics when it should just be human right but yeah some raging at internet people you have seen once on a site not knowing them is not the way.

The Queen has Covid. I love the Queen, even though I'm not British. I loved her ever since I was a child. I even did reports on her and Princess Diana in school. I hope she pulls through. 🥺
Yeah I just read that, so sad and she's old too even if they said it was mild cold symptoms. :( Also since they lost Prince Philip not too long ago either.

I wanna get a short hairstyle again and even out my length generally but my hair grows so slow because bad genes and all that and it took me 2½ years to get it down to my shoulder (with some cutting so I could look somewhat proper LOL).

Also PoGo and their overly heavy emphasis on making friends and trading. Why do they never allow trading across the world or at least your country/town etc???

I must've slept for about 4 hours last night, if that. Luckily I now have all day to catch up on sleep while I wait around to see if I will have surgery today or not lol. It's going to be another long day without food though.

My roommate in hospital is kinda...annoying. I hate how she sleeps with the light on (like a big LED white light), it's way too bright and makes it hard for me to fall asleep :// she's also very demanding and expects a lot of the nurses. I guess that's what she's here for, but if she expects to go home permanently then she won't have that help anymore.

everything hurts i just threw up my favorite food and im just feeling lethargic i cant do anything

It’s so frickin’ windy again! Can storm Franklin please just disappear so I can get some sleep and make it to work in one piece in the morning. 😭

if you come to the nail salon and complain about the wait literally just go home. reassess ur life as to how you’re privileged enough that being worried abt what time ur getting ur nails done is your biggest stress in life. nail techs are human too D:<

Can't wait for some warmer weather and for spring to come. Winter has overstayed its visit with all the below temps and snow.
I feel ya. We are supposed to get a pretty intense cold front this week, where the vast majority of us United States residents will have sub-freezing temperatures (and a lot of them will have sub-zero temperatures). ._.

"your weekends are ours" bruh majority of doctors dont even go to clinics on sundays except if emergency, why are yall taking medical students' weekends 😭 pls spare us a rest day

Back