• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

everything i learn about the texas shooting. the fact that y'all haven't even at least tried gun control is astonishing. "but the constitution-" what, the dusty piece of paper that was written 300 years ago when automatic and assault rifles didn't even exist? give me a break. society is constantly evolving and progressing, and the law should do the same to keep up, and yet we keep going backwards. absurd that people are more concerned about fetuses and what women choose to do with their own bodies than the children getting massacred in the place they go to learn.
The problem is that there isn't really a Federal gun law. It's handled by each state. Like my state has the strictest gun law that (exaggerating) you could get in trouble for having a rubber band gun, but another state a stone throw away is super loosey-goosey.

The other problem is that the police froze up. Yeah taking a bullet is not something anyone wants to do or should ever have to do, but this is the screwed up world we live in. And they knew what they signed up for.

The state I live in with the strictest gun law is also the state with the most gangs and crime. So it is just a complete and utter mess that should had been handled a long time ago and it's probably too late to get a handle on it now. People should be able to protect themselves and purchase a firearm if they want to, but there is no reason anyone needs an automatic weapon. You can't get those kind of guns in my state, but this was in Texas. One of the most red-states their is. Don't take their rats away.

I used to know hardcore Republicans on a discord that would always jump in to say how the shootings always looked staged to take their guns away. These people exist. They are delusional and stupid.
I hate this stupid inflation that is going on in America. Prices are going up like crazy and it makes it harder to spend money on stuff that I need.
I know it's insane. I bought a 40 ft roll of chicken wire mesh a few years ago and it was $40 and I needed some more and it was $90.

The problem is that there isn't really a Federal gun law. It's handled by each state. Like my state has the strictest gun law that (exaggerating) you could get in trouble for having a rubber band gun, but another state a stone throw away is super loosey-goosey.

The other problem is that the police froze up. Yeah taking a bullet is not something anyone wants to do or should ever have to do, but this is the screwed up world we live in. And they knew what they signed up for.

The state I live in with the strictest gun law is also the state with the most gangs and crime. So it is just a complete and utter mess that should had been handled a long time ago and it's probably too late to get a handle on it now. People should be able to protect themselves and purchase a firearm if they want to, but there is no reason anyone needs an automatic weapon. You can't get those kind of guns in my state, but this was in Texas. One of the most red-states their is. Don't take their rats away.

I used to know hardcore Republicans on a discord that would always jump in to say how the shootings always looked staged to take their guns away. These people exist. They are delusional and stupid.

I know it's insane. I bought a 40 ft roll of chicken wire mesh a few years ago and it was $40 and I needed some more and it was $90.
owning guns is very much a part of American culture, especially in in States like Texas. I think we'll start seeing more strict gun laws in some states, but not all. It's pretty much split between republicans and democrats, with republicans being being the ones who don't want gun laws and restrictions. Some interesting things I looked up based on a survey taken last year says that people living in rural areas are more against gun laws vs people living in urban areas being for gun laws and restrictions.

"People should be able to protect themselves and purchase a firearm if they want to" no, they shouldn't, and that's part of the problem. there are a dozen ways to protect yourself and/or your home without owning a gun. how do you think the rest of us manage it? what's the point in y'all having a president if each state can just decide to do whatever the hell they want? that's like if the uk let each county decide its own laws. you might as well just be 50 different countries at this point.

also, the police didn't 'freeze up'. they actively made the decision to stand around outside doing nothing to help those poor children; children who were repeatedly calling 911 begging to be saved. they handcuffed and pepper-sprayed and tackled parents who had more balls than them and were willing to go save their kids themselves. the police are supposed to protect people. that is their job. they did the exact opposite.

nobody needs a gun for anything (something something about hunting, but i don't agree with that anyway.) and especially not any kind of semi/automatic one, and that's all i have to say about it because i don't want to get into an argument on this thread. gun control has been proven to work by numerous other countries. we had one school shooting here in the UK and decided that was one too many; we haven't had another in the almost 30 years since. i'm sure someone will say, "well, sophie, the us is massive" okay, and? you still have the people:size ratio needed to take away the guns lmao. there's really no excuse for it at this point. it is the most obvious solution, and yet i hear absurd alternatives like "give all teachers guns", "make classroom doors bullet-proof", "give schools more security" etc. how about you just, oh, i don't know, take away the root cause of the problem, which would also likely be cheaper to do? my god.

sorry if this comes across as aggressive, i just Cannot with the us government's disregard for human -- children's -- lives and blatant refusal to do anything even remotely effective all because of some dusty old piece of paper that wasn't written with the future invention of a gun that can shoot, like, 50 bullets in 60 seconds in mind. owning a gun is not a human right. cross out your idiotic 2nd amendment and move on. like, where is the line drawn if not at the deaths of 19 ten year olds and 20 six year olds?

I never said I disagreed with you. I was explaining why this happened in the first place. Texas has such lax gun laws. While stricter gun control all over the country wouldn't stop everything, it would stop a lot of shootings since most of them come from people purchasing their gun legally in a state with super lax gun control laws.

It's terrible that this happens and still happens. I'm sorry if I upset you or anyone else. I'll shut up.

I never said I disagreed with you. I was explaining why this happened in the first place. Texas has such lax gun laws.
no, i know they do, i'm just saying why they shouldn't and why the whole thing is ridiculous in the first place. the public should never have access to weapons like that, least of all someone who only just turned 18, and letting states dictate their own laws when it comes to things like this is part of the problem.

"People should be able to protect themselves and purchase a firearm if they want to" no, they shouldn't, and that's part of the problem. there are a dozen ways to protect yourself and/or your home without owning a gun. how do you think the rest of us manage it? what's the point in y'all having a president if each state can just decide to do whatever the hell they want? that's like if the uk let each county decide its own laws. you might as well just be 50 different countries at this point.

also, the police didn't 'freeze up'. they actively made the decision to stand around outside doing nothing to help those poor children; children who were repeatedly calling 911 begging to be saved. they handcuffed and pepper-sprayed and tackled parents who had more balls than them and were willing to go save their kids themselves. the police are supposed to protect people. that is their job. they did the exact opposite.

nobody needs a gun for anything (something something about hunting, but i don't agree with that anyway.) and especially not any kind of semi/automatic one, and that's all i have to say about it because i don't want to get into an argument on this thread. gun control has been proven to work by numerous other countries. we had one school shooting here in the UK and decided that was one too many; we haven't had another in the almost 30 years since. i'm sure someone will say, "well, sophie, the us is massive" okay, and? you still have the people:size ratio needed to take away the guns lmao. there's really no excuse for it at this point. it is the most obvious solution, and yet i hear absurd alternatives like "give all teachers guns", "make classroom doors bullet-proof", "give schools more security" etc. how about you just, oh, i don't know, take away the root cause of the problem, which would also likely be cheaper to do? my god.

sorry if this comes across as aggressive, i just Cannot with the us government's disregard for human -- children's -- lives and blatant refusal to do anything even remotely effective all because of some dusty old piece of paper that wasn't written with the future invention of a gun that can shoot, like, 50 bullets in 60 seconds in mind. owning a gun is not a human right. cross out your idiotic 2nd amendment and move on. like, where is the line drawn if not at the deaths of 19 ten year olds and 20 six year olds?
Honestly, people want to say that guns are about freedom, but I don't feel free at all. This place that I go to often got shot up only a couple of months ago, I feel afraid and sad every time I go there. There's always this thought in the back of my mind about how this random person can just bust out a gun at any given time. Someone's solution to me once was oh you should carry a gun to protect yourself is ridiculous to me because I have no interest in doing that and I'd never be able to bring myself to pull the trigger anyway.

i graduated high school yesterday but i feel so sad about it for some reason lol
Congratulations!

It makes sense that you would have all sorts of emotions, both positive and negative (for lack of a better word lol) as you spent all of your life going through school. It's a really weird feeling.

Honestly, people want to say that guns are about freedom, but I don't feel free at all. This place that I go to often got shot up only a couple of months ago, I feel afraid and sad every time I go there. There's always this thought in the back of my mind about how this random person can just bust out a gun at any given time. Someone's solution to me once was oh you should carry a gun to protect yourself is ridiculous to me because I have no interest in doing that and I'd never be able to bring myself to pull the trigger anyway.
yeah its awful. i remember as a kid i went to get a glass of water in the middle of the night, and my dad freaked out bc he thought i was an intruder and had his handgun ready. thank goodness he called out to me instead of just shooting me dead.

what's the point in y'all having a president if each state can just decide to do whatever the hell they want? that's like if the uk let each county decide its own laws. you might as well just be 50 different countries at this point.
yeah there's the federal govt (aka exec/legislative/judicial branches) which the president is the head of, and then each state has its own local govt with a governor. it's kinda wild lol. it basically is like having 50 different countries.

Guns are just a really cheap way out in these situations to be honest. If someone wants to fight me, fight me in hand-to-hand combat. I promise you you won't beat me with my 15 years of martial arts experience. I'd put anyone on the ground in minutes or less.

I'm even more enraged that this happened in my own state.

I am going back to work tomorrow, and I really don’t want to. I mean, I am pretty lucky with my job, but still there are things I am really scared of. I hope everything will be good on my first day back.

im kind of frustrated with blender. i watched a video on how to snap to an object to the nearest vertices together but it’s not working for me.

Last edited:
There’s no way I’m going to be able to catch up on this class. The week I spent off while my aunt was dying has made me too far behind. At best I’ll get a B- on this class. This isn’t the first time I’ve gotten a lower GPA. My senior classes were all pass/fail since they during the early stages of the pandemic, so my GPA dipped. Grades aren’t everything I suppose. I’ll definitely spend the Summer memorizing the material from this semester though.

gun control has been proven to work by numerous other countries. we had one school shooting here in the UK and decided that was one too many; we haven't had another in the almost 30 years since.
Likewise here in NZ. We had one mass shooting and changed the gun laws within months. While it's too soon to determine if changing the law has made a difference, it's certainly a lot better than doing nothing.

At this point trying to do something, whether it's 100% effective or not, is better than doing nothing. And the whole thing around the police doing nothing for 45 minutes is just absurd. When our mass shooting happened, the murderer was apprehended within 30-40 minutes, and our police don't even have that much experience in mass shootings. Sorry just needed to rant about this lol.

--

I've had a truly frustrating day at work and I'm just so annoyed 🙃

I am at a quiet happy point in my life, but work is bothering me a bit. I still don’t know everything, and constantly having to ask others for help makes me nervous. Also, the uncertainty of what’s going to happen next drives me crazy sometimes.

Weekends are too short. I hate Mondays. My whole Saturday was practically wasted, so I had even less time to do what I wanted/need to do.
I'm so cold and I just wanna go back to sleep. Or stay home and play video games. I hate school and I don't wanna go back.

Last edited:
I finally tried calling the company for my apartment about the issue with my neighbor being unreasonably loud every second they're in the apartment and they gave me the number for who would take care of this kind of issue. Problem is, in classic Japanese fashion, that number's voice mail is just "It's outside of business hours. Call back when it's business hours" with 0 indication of when that is. Guess I'll just have to keep calling back until I figure out what day/hours it's awake while I am pushed to my edge...

Kind of sucks that on days when I do have off of work (which are so few) that there are so many different chores that need to be done. I don't even get to enjoy my time off.

I've had a truly frustrating day at work and I'm just so annoyed 🙃
Those kinds of days are the worst. Sorry you had to go through that the other day. Hopefully today or tomorrow goes a lot better. And if you're off of work on one of those days, even better. Use that time to relax and enjoy yourself, if you can!

There’s no way I’m going to be able to catch up on this class. The week I spent off while my aunt was dying has made me too far behind. At best I’ll get a B- on this class. This isn’t the first time I’ve gotten a lower GPA. My senior classes were all pass/fail since they during the early stages of the pandemic, so my GPA dipped. Grades aren’t everything I suppose. I’ll definitely spend the Summer memorizing the material from this semester though.
A passing grade is better than a failing one. Even if it is not the grade that you were hoping for, at least that course will be behind you now. I had a class like that. Wasn't too proud of it, but I didn't have to worry about repeating it or anything.

Back