• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

My doctor some reason gave me medication called Atorvastatin 10 MG to help lower cholesterol levels since they found out that it was a bit high. I taken this mediation and all of a sudden I'm feeling all these muscle pains all over my body, I'm feeling tired most of the time, and my blood sugar readings have spiked a bit. I did a research and found this Article that says that staking this medication increases the risk of insulin resistance. I am going to call my doctor about this because this is becoming more of recurring issue of doctors not doing their research.
This is a study based on people who DO NOT HAVE diabetes. Judging by your posts over the last few months your doctors seem to think you have (or are flirting with) type 2 diabetes.

Above is my chart regarding the potential side effects for Lipitor...so as you can see at most 6% of people who take this medication can have muscle pains, and while fatigue can be a side effect it doesn't occur in enough people to have concrete numeric evidence.

Constantly blaming the doctors for being 'wrong' or 'not doing their research' isn't going to help your situation...and honestly, from my perspective (a pharmacist) a statin drug for someone with early onset diabetes is a good call.

FYI: ANY statin drug CAN (not will) create insulin resistance, it comes with the territory with that kind of medication. You're either going to have to deal with taking this kind of medication if your cholesterol is a concern, or fix your diet.

Moving forward I'm just letting you know, if I think anyone is posting medical misinformation I will jump on them, because that can be dangerous. When dealing with medication, the terms 'CAN' and 'WILL' regarding the frequency/severity of side effects are about as different as night and day.

Last edited:
My brother is whispering things to me like "you're stupid", "you have no braincells", "you're ugly", "you have no friends", etc. It's so stupid but it's actually bothering me. Ugh, I wanna punch him in the face.

is it weird to feel guilty because of a grade you got? today, i got a 96/99 on my final assignment. this is seriously high, but i don't feel like i deserve it. its not like i cheated or anything, but my math teacher helped me w/ it. a lot. so.. i don't feel like i truly deserved it. maybe its cuz i've conditioned myself into thinking i dont deserve good marks in math, or anything due to my learning disabilities.. nonetheless, i'm not completely happy about it.

Last edited:
was fast asleep and all cozy and now I'm wide awake cause all the power is out 😐

we've literally never had power issues before (except during heavy storms or the off chance when someone hit a powerline) but now that there have been powerplants closing across Ohio suddenly we are dealing with power issues. this is so stupid.

edit: power came back on, now I can sleep in peace again 😌
so much for going to sleep at a decent time though

Last edited:
I definitely get that! And for your case I don't think you should feel guilty at all. Asking for help from other people isn't bad; it's really how we learn as people. I don't think anyone has ever gotten to where they are right now without asking for help from other more experienced people. At the end of the day, what really matters is what you've learned from all of this. If you think your math skills have improved after the tutoring session, I think that's a whole achievement in itself!

My self esteem has gotten better over the past few years, but sometimes I still wish I was better looking. Like I mentioned the other day I can’t look at myself in the mirror without my glasses on. People have said I looked better without them on. I’ve always agreed. They tend to make my cheeks look puffier and they obscure my eyes too much. As a result I’ve developed this habit for several years. I’ve also internalized all of those comments from high school classmates and people on the street who said I was ugly. It’s happened so much that I just accepted it. People say I’m ugly therefore I am. My relatives have said otherwise, but I always thought they were just biased. If I was better looking I wouldn’t have to spend time thinking about it, nor would I have to deal with the onslaught of comments I get about it.

First Kill is such a special series to me, as someone who grew up with Vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf. I love seeing the same type of cheesy production those first seasons had alongside a queer love story as the focus. Shadowhunters was also great with that, but First Kill is just sweeter.

I feel like Canda's getting worse by the day. First it was the residential schools (by the way, 2000+ Indigenous children found dead), then the whole Bill 96 thing in Québec, and Canada losing its "Peaceful Country" status because of protests/riots and anti-government stuff. Yeah, I don't wanna call myself a proud Canadian anymore. 💔

Lowkey my pogo friend, they promised some shinies if we ever turned lucky x2 again.. like bruh that aint gonna happen if we havent yet but sure keep em all to yourself -roll eyes-

I can't even get my work done because there's been nonstop noise today from people working here. Can't even get downstairs to eat breakfast, and it's past noon now. WTF. Why did they think today was a good day for this?!?

tried to record a video for my youtube channel and I learned the hard way that I'm having one of my off days (aka a day where I don't have much energy or capacity to make funny/interesting commentary) so ig I'll have to wait til later or tomorrow to record a video :/

lowkey feel like taking a nap, I kinda just don't feel that great rn. maybe I'll watch a movie and work on my cross-stitch like I've been wanting to do.

Long rant incoming

My mom yelled at my sister for somethin my dad told my mom that I told my dad. Lovely.

Today at work I was *this* close to going in the bathroom and crying and punching a paper towel roll. Very first dog of the day tried to bite me, second dog was a pain in the *** to dry off, then another dog had a seizure and the first ****in person my second boss yelled AT ME EVEN THOU IT WASNT MY FAULT. Everything just kept stacking, one coworker can't even put a dog in a crate or walk a dog up front, my name is always the one to be called on when someone needs somethin, I am so ****in SICK AND TIRED of the one who has to do everythin yet anythin that doesn't get done is somehow my fault. I'm the one that gets singled out for laundry not being done, or the floor being wet, or some other ********. I was on the verge of stress crying multiple times, THEN this one dog apparently still had shampoo in her fur so she had to get re-rinsed and dried and I don't have enough ****in help in the back so I'm stuck drying off multiple dogs. For some reason her skin was ultra sensitive and kept gettin red. THEN second boss says she's SOMEHOW still covered in shampoo even after gettin rinsed so she ****in bathed her and guess who had to dry her off AGAIN FOR THE ****IN SECOND TIME. AND! Her skin was still ultra sensitive! So she's gettin more red! Meanwhile I'm still alone in the back, I should have been done by now, but I have to help the finisher finish two dogs cause she was with a dog that requires alot of time and the dog is difficult. So then I had to do, I still haven't cleaned up any **** and it's like 4'oclock, I began my day at 7. Which, my boss didn't want my to clean my station cause GOD FORBID I'm not right on top of the bather when she's done with a dog, so my station has dirty walls, along with all the other stations that aren't mine but I still have to clean cause no one cleans **** in the back. It felt like almost every single dog today was difficult to dry off.

Not to mention we're short staffed in the back.

I just wanted to go home, but now that I am home I'm still ****ed. I want to punch somethin still.

Also to top it off my mom wants to be a petty *****. My point still stands.

TL;DR Stress from work is piling on me, I have a mouth but don't use it. Nothing will change anyway.

idk what tf is going on with the culture of young ppl treating LGBT+ folk like "cute smol beans uwu" but it honestly kinda creeps me out and I'm glad I don't associate with it at all.

idk what tf is going on with the culture of young ppl treating LGBT+ folk like "cute smol beans uwu" but it honestly kinda creeps me out and I'm glad I don't associate with it at all.
Oh I almost misread this, do you mean youngsters outside of the LGBT+ community treat people in the LGBT+ Community(anyone in it of all ages) like this?

Back