• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

Sometimes I wish I could delete some of my own threads from many years back, lol.
this or just some posts, lol :/

also, cultural appropriation *rolling eyes to infinity and beyond* like so you can't dance eg. lindy hop without being accused... lol.

Hahaha. Help me. I just saw a news headline saying that Australian homes are colder than the recommended safe temparature.

I’m pretty sure mine falls to 8 degrees celcius indoors, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was even colder this year. I used to check it. It should be around 18 degrees celcius. Ideally. And I’ve NEVER seen it at that temparature in winter when I checked.

The new houses don’t have better insulation.

And I found the name of some condition I’ve had- I thought it was cellulitis. It’s called chillblain (or pernio).

So guess what? Then if I put heating on it dries me up real easily, I can never get enough moisture to handle that. My skin gets flaky to the point it hurt, and once that crusted up around my eyes so even blinking hurt. And if I stay in a heated blanket it’s by far my best option but gets very sweaty very fast. Can’t put gloves on all the time for my pernio because my hands get sweaty as hell.

Living in this country is a miserable experience in a lot of ways; I think this is depressingly prominent in other countries too, but people here are woefully complacent with these issues that could be solved. Insulation is a chicken and egg thing, it’s not common enough to be made more affordable, but nobody is inserting it because it’s not cheap enough.

Last edited:
me, finally mustering up the courage to tell my mother that her abandoning me when i was at my lowest hurt me beyond repair and that i think about it often:
her: don’t think about it. you bringing up my past is not helpful.

i am so ****ing angry.
I’m so sorry your going through so much. I had the same reaction from my dad after he abandoned me and I still tried to have a relationship with him. He wouldn’t talk about all the bad things that had happened between us then it got worse. Now that relationship can’t be repaired. It hurts when your parent won’t help you through things. It’s not about bringing up their past it’s about you trying to heal from yours.

I am so sorry xara, the same thing happened between me and my brother. It's so sad when you try to repair a relationship with a family member and they just don't do their part. I guess I can understand a sibling in my case (seeing that we hate each other), but hearing that from your own parent must be awful. Again, I am so sorry.
---
My step-mom keeps getting mad at me because I forget a lot of things, even though she's aware of my memory problem. Then she has the audacity to tell me: "You forget everything, I think you have a problem in your brain. But you don't have a memory problem, you're just ****ing lazy." Honestly, how dare she dismiss an actual problem I have and accuse me of being lazy.

On a less serious note, I'm already having a bad day because everyone and everything is pissing me off, especially my family. Looks like I'm locking myself in my room to avoid them again.

My step-mom keeps getting mad at me because I forget a lot of things, even though she's aware of my memory problem. Then she has the audacity to tell me: "You forget everything, I think you have a problem in your brain. But you don't have a memory problem, you're just ****ing lazy." Honestly, how dare she dismiss an actual problem I have and accuse me of being lazy.
that's some seriously ableist bull**** and you don't deserve that kind of treatment at all. that's ridiculous.

Getting real sick of my job. They let all the other workers constantly get away with goofing off and calling out everyday while they have me do everything and work myself to the bone. Maybe I’d be okay with it if it was worth the pay… but it isn’t. I requested some time off to take it easy and rest my tired body but I doubt they’ll let me have it. -____-

i missed the call from the place i applied to by like 3 goddamn hours.. of course this had to happen the ONE TIME i decide to not keep my phone on me.. just my luck teehee! :lemon:

Last edited:
god I’m really sorry about that xara. :(( I’ve been in a very similar position with my own mother and I know how hurtful it feels to be told to stop thinking about it. hugs. 🫂
I am so sorry xara, the same thing happened between me and my brother. It's so sad when you try to repair a relationship with a family member and they just don't do their part. I guess I can understand a sibling in my case (seeing that we hate each other), but hearing that from your own parent must be awful. Again, I am so sorry.
thank you both so much, and to everyone else who interacted with my post in any way as well. i honestly don’t even know what to say other than thank you, and that i’m so sorry you’ve been in similar situations with your own family. you guys made me feel valid and seen, and i really can’t thank ya’ll enough. i always feel so crazy and invalid and alone whenever stuff like this happens, and it’s nice to know that i’m actually not. :’) thank you. 💙

also, i’ve never understood why reflection papers get marked tbh. like, you can’t really give a grade or a rating to something that’s personal lol. sorry you got a 7/10, skar.

and zelda, i’m sorry your stepmom got mad at you and that you’re having a bad day. it’s not your fault that you forget things — you can’t control something like that. you deserve compassion and understanding, and i’m sorry that your stepmom isn’t giving you that. i hope your day improves. 💙

I’m so sorry your going through so much. I had the same reaction from my dad after he abandoned me and I still tried to have a relationship with him. He wouldn’t talk about all the bad things that had happened between us then it got worse. Now that relationship can’t be repaired. It hurts when your parent won’t help you through things. It’s not about bringing up their past it’s about you trying to heal from yours.
“it’s not about bringing up their past it’s about you trying to heal from yours” man, this got me lol. i’m literally just trying to heal. i’ve been hurting on my own for so long now all because i haven’t been given the space to talk about how certain things have affected me. i’m not trying to pin my mom as a bad parent/person or ask her to fix me or take back everything she’s done/said because she obviously can’t, i just want her to hear me. i just want an apology, for her to tell me that my feelings are valid. deep down i know that they are, but her always immediately shutting me down really makes me doubt lol. ‘her’ past still affects my present. i won’t be able to move on until she lets me talk about it, and she won’t let me. she tells her facebook friends not to bottle up their feelings, but it’s always “i’m sorry i’m such a horrible mother”, “don’t bring up the past” or “i’ll just leave then and make everyone happy” with me. idk, it sucks lol.

but thank you so much for taking the time to respond and validate me, it really means a lot. and i’m so sorry you went through the same thing with your dad. you didn’t deserve that.

“it’s not about bringing up their past it’s about you trying to heal from yours” man, this got me lol. i’m literally just trying to heal. i’ve been hurting on my own for so long now all because i haven’t been given the space to talk about how certain things have affected me. i’m not trying to pin my mom as a bad parent/person or ask her to fix me or take back everything she’s done/said because she obviously can’t, i just want her to hear me. i just want an apology, for her to tell me that my feelings are valid. deep down i know that they are, but her always immediately shutting me down really makes me doubt lol. ‘her’ past still affects my present. i won’t be able to move on until she lets me talk about it, and she won’t let me. she tells her facebook friends not to bottle up their feelings, but it’s always “i’m sorry i’m such a horrible mother”, “don’t bring up the past” or “i’ll just leave then and make everyone happy” with me. idk, it sucks lol.

but thank you so much for taking the time to respond and validate me, it really means a lot. and i’m so sorry you went through the same thing with your dad. you didn’t deserve that.
It’s not easy to heal and doing so by yourself is harder. I do hope you know your feeling are valid . Sometimes you just need to hear it from one person and it hurts when they won’t tell you.

“i’ll just leave then and make everyone happy”my father used to say this line a lot. Trying to make me feel guilty like everything was my fault . He did eventually leave one night (came back a year later) when I finally found out the reason for his behavior it made me feels worse and still trying to heal from
It all.
Your welcome , I hope you and your mom can mend your relationship and she lets you explain how you are feeling. Give yourself time to heal .

the place that i applied didn't pick up earlier when i called them and they haven't called back yet :/ i'm hoping that they call back tomorrow but for now, i'm feeling kinda dejected i wont lie

finished my 47 min long recording just to find out that my recording software was messing up and it deleted like the last 14 min of footage :/

edit: more issues. I've been wondering for the last month or so if my anti-depressant stopped working. sometime in May I started feeling depressed again, but I thought I was just having a brief episode (which I'd had since I started taking this dose) and that it would pass. it never did pass and here I am, two months later, right back to where I started. I'm not interested in doing most things anymore, and when I try to do something that I would normally think is fun it just really doesn't click with me. I haven't drawn anything in almost a month and despite having so many ideas I can't seem to work on any of them. I don't want to go outside anymore and take care of the yard or plants, I just want to hide in my room and sleep all day. I dont want to wear normal clothes anymore, i just want to wear pajamas and hide in blankets all day. I feel awful.
the soonest appt my doctor has is Thursday but I may call tomorrow and see if I can go in sooner. I really need to figure out what's up and whether or not I need to try another need medication (which I hate to do bc I've already tried like 4 different ones with no success, and this one was briefly successful but has stopped). I'm just tired of feeling this way, I want the normal me back again.

it kinda sucks bc I have 33 minutes of recorded footage from SimCity and im highkey not really happy w it, some of my commentary is way offbeat and when I heard it come out of my mouth I would say "why would you say something like that" to myself. idk I'll go back and edit it tomorrow and see if it's upload worthy. if I can even find the energy to do it.

Last edited:
thank you so much again. i do know my feelings are valid, it just really doesn’t feel that way sometimes haha. i’m so sorry you had to hear that from your dad as well, and deal with him actually leaving. i’d be so angry if my mom did that to me. you didn’t deserve that. but it wasn’t your fault at all, and i hope you heal from it one day. thank you again. 💙

thank you so much again. i do know my feelings are valid, it just really doesn’t feel that way sometimes haha. i’m so sorry you had to hear that from your dad as well, and deal with him actually leaving. i’d be so angry if my mom did that to me. you didn’t deserve that. but it wasn’t your fault at all, and i hope you heal from it one day. thank you again. 💙
Your welcome and thanks. Yea I get how you feel . I was angry and hurt when he left. With time it will heal. Your welcome and thank you.

My anxiety has hit levels I've never felt before and it's been both horrible and draining all at once. I'm going to bed earlier as I'm so tired but also I'm waking up ridiculously early because the moment I open my eyes my anxiety goes through the roof.

Back