• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

I specifically avoid things that make me happy because of my dad's negativity towards me. There are a lot of examples, but this is something that just happened today. I finally got my own apartment and I want to fill it with things I like. He asked me about what kind of paintings I want to put up to decorate, and I searched around online for a bit until I found a print set of a series of cats and plants that I liked a lot! I showed it to him and he BLEW UP at me, saying it's too juvenile and vibes "cat lady"?? I tried arguing with him, but it didn't get anywhere. I was so excited when I saw it at first, and now I just feel defeated. There's also another artist I love who sells whimsical prints featuring cats, witches, plants, birds. Like literally exactly my aesthetic, but after this whole interaction I know that will be shut down even harder. I thought getting a new place would allow me to break free of him, but I feel like I'm still constantly judged and I'm just not allowed to be myself? It's so ridiculous because I'm almost 30 years old lol?? There's nothing stopping me from just ordering the dang prints and putting them up myself and not care what anyone will say about it.

I feel bad. I've only known my SO for like a day but we have a great deal of love for each other. but I see so many people online saying that love at first sight isn't genuine. I do feel like I want to give this relationship some time, but my SO proves time and time again that he genuinely really likes me and actually messages me out of the blue just to say hi or whatever. idk I know this just started and I feel bad that we're already at this point. is my suspicion correct? or is it okay that we're both infatuated with each other, even if it takes time for true love to develop?

idk I'm feeling so confused abt all of this bc I've never been in a relationship before.

I feel bad. I've only known my SO for like a day but we have a great deal of love for each other. but I see so many people online saying that love at first sight isn't genuine. I do feel like I want to give this relationship some time, but my SO proves time and time again that he genuinely really likes me and actually messages me out of the blue just to say hi or whatever. idk I know this just started and I feel bad that we're already at this point. is my suspicion correct? or is it okay that we're both infatuated with each other, even if it takes time for true love to develop?

idk I'm feeling so confused abt all of this bc I've never been in a relationship before.
I’m not any relationship guru but I have been in previous relationships and am very happy with my current (5-year anniv soon!), so take what you will of my reply, I guess.

Honestly, understanding what love is for you takes a lot of experience. It took me a long time to figure out how to maneuver in a relationship, how to talk to my partner, how to deal with relationship problems, all those stuff. It’s overwhelming at first, but honestly I don’t think you need to worry too much, just play your relationship by ear. You should listen to how you feel first and foremost, and you should be open to consulting your partner regarding what you both feel about the relationship. I think the key to a healthy relationship is good communication and just being open-minded; if you’re unsure of something, or want to know how your partner feels, it’s best to ask them first. My boyfriend and I have been holding each other’s hand throughout our relationship, and I couldn’t be happier being with someone who values my opinion just as much as they value their own opinion.

Also, the first love thing isn’t always true. I have two close friends who are still together with their very first S/O whom they met when they were like 14/15, highschool sweethearts and all that. We’re all 20+ in the group now and those two couples are still going strong.

I hope things are going well with your S/O!

I just stayed up all night because I couldn’t pry myself from my computer. Plus my sleep schedule was already terrible to begin with. Lovely.

Everyday is some new ** I gotta deal with at work

If the dogs nails were already done, maybe tell me that before I go to do them. Also, the dogs nails weren't done short enough cause if *I*, the inexperienced person who tends not clip enough off of a dogs nails, can still clip parts off *and* did a du claw, somethin hard, then clearly they did not clip enough off nor did they do the du claws.

Then my boss made a passive-aggressive comment how one dog that needs to be done by 1 is getting dried off yet the other dog for 11, the dog at my station, isn't getting dry. I'm busy at the moment! You were the one who let a new dog in on a day we were short staffed! I had to help the receptionist up front, dropping what I was doing cause apparently no one up front has god damn legs to go help her.

I'm so sick of this constant hypocrisy that I get, not just for this but multiple situations!

like, idc about queen b but did someone actually ask a cerebral palsy person if they were offended by that word? lol.

I genuinely feel more defeated by playing Xenoblade 3. I really enjoy parts of it but this is a stark reminder of why I hate RPGs. It’s exhausting to sink 100 hours into one game simply to get through the campaign and I keep thinking about listening to music albums and how much else I could do in 100 hours. Listening to music, no interaction, no movie with it, just thinking and feeling and hearing it gives me so much more than I’ve gotten from playing through any game in this genre (other than playing Pokémon in my childhood, you can’t compare much to THAT level of nostalgia). A one hour album gives me so much more wonder.

It makes me sad because of those bits I enjoy. Under here is probably a string of great concepts I just want in a way more compressed format (… concise is probably the better word?), and I seriously don’t buy that any story needs to be a 100-hour experience, so good for the people who can enjoy it.

I feel like being unhappy is my own fault to some degree, but trying to focus on the parts I like to enjoy it as much as I want would be forcing it. Besides, I’ve been through enough garbage in the last two months. At least I gave an RPG a chance again. I’ll beat the game and pass it onto my partner. My partner will send me SMTV. Hopefully I can enjoy that unequivocally. I swear Superstar Saga feels like the only RPG I like anymore. Actually Persona 4 also exists (I have not played 5).

Got some pretty bad scratches on my hand + arm from the puppies. It looks like I got mauled by a cat! As cute as the puppies are, they tend to scratch me a lot and they also have a pretty powerful bite. I gotta be more careful around them.

Deleted. Just needed to cry for a bit.

Last edited:
TW: mention of death.

Last year a friend of mine died. He was a great guy. I don’t want to dredge that up here. But I just wanted to say since there have been scares where I thought certain online friends might die. Well right now I think one might have actually passed. I have no mutual friends to know for sure. I feel empty and sad. I don’t even really want to say more. I just wanted to toss this in a void.

I had my island toured the other day by a Twitch streamer and I was so happy. The work I put into my island was finally recognized. Now I regret it because 3 days later someone stole my idea and claimed it as their own on this reddit post. Here is proof of my original house design:

my poor baby miko has roundworms again so I had to drive to the vet to get her medicine. I got the second dose for two weeks from now as well so hopefully that gets rid of it.

I had my island toured the other day by a Twitch streamer and I was so happy. The work I put into my island was finally recognized. Now I regret it because 3 days later someone stole my idea and claimed it as their own on this reddit post. Here is proof of my original house design:

Did they just screenshot your image? Or they recreated it?

Either way, you can call malarkey on it by showing the stream clip and then recording your own game/home. It's really sad how clout has made people so pathetic that a few likes will turn them into garbage people.

It's like that one dude who posted the position of the Ukrainian soldiers hiding in schools for his up-poots and in turn ended up getting people killed because Russians found and bombed them. People suck. I just don't get how a bunch of random people around the world who have no significance to your life can make you do such pathetic things.

This is exactly why I don’t like sharing my island or my ideas to anyone. At all.

Last edited:
Back