• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Birdwatching (Melon Ballers Cabin)

I don't know. I looked at cabin 2's clues. And they're not so cut and dry. So I feel like we're getting held up on the date idea a bit too much. What if it isn't even that?

Might be something else entirely :LOL:
In fact, I actually followed another train of thought and ended up typing in SNOW (don't ask...).
Follow whatever thought train that strikes you...somebody's gotta get it lol....

Maybe the whole sequence doesn't need to be split to begin with...

09 06 10 11 08 12 13 10 14

First - 09, no
Middle - 08, yes
Last - 14, maybe

Might be something else entirely :LOL:
In fact, I actually followed another train of thought and ended up typing in SNOW (don't ask...).
Follow whatever thought train that strikes you...somebody's gotta get it lol....
One has to ask how you came to that conclusion lol

So we just keep typing words and numbers at random until something sticks?

true but new leafs release date would be a big coincidence if not relevant at all
True, but it also dismisses the maybe spot that would be the last numbers. So while it fits, I think it might just be a nice coincidence. Sure let's keep it in the back of our minds, but Rosch already typed out a lot of the combinations.

Maybe the whole sequence doesn't need to be split to begin with...

09 06 10 11 08 12 13 10 14

First - 09, no
Middle - 08, yes
Last - 14, maybe
in that case, it would be to find a common variable that these numericals refer to

Ok, but don't laugh...a lot.
09 (first, no) no snow in that month
08 (middle, yes) yes snow in south hemi
14 (last, maybe) i thought, go around the calender horse you get february, which you may get snow, depending on hemisphere....

I know....I fell into the rabbit ravine....I'm erasing my mind, starting from scratch.

But yes, I will probably keep trying new angles, look thru new leaf threads just in case, keep checking here for any new insight, and keep trying whatever outlandish CODES pop into my noggin....lol

I thought of using letters... but it just made it worse for my head.

I F J K H L M J N
I'm sure it's not that complicated. The last one was a thinker, but still had enough to go by to pinpoint it to a certain theme. I feel like cabin 2s 1st clue was a brain-fry. I curiously checked it when it was going on and even that had little hints that made sense.

There's not any hint that implies we need to code the numbers. Just that yes is the middle. So the only thing in the true middle would be 8. And that's where I get held up.

True, but it also dismisses the maybe spot that would be the last numbers. So while it fits, I think it might just be a nice coincidence. Sure let's keep it in the back of our minds, but Rosch already typed out a lot of the combinations.
these are not all puzzles that get typed into the box, some of the clues need to be found on the website. im not saying to dismiss "maybe", i think thats the part we need to focus on to figure out the whole clue
Post automatically merged:

but i agree we should still consider new ideas

You all probably know more about the scavenger hunt parts to these events than me. This is literally my first event of any kind like this. So like I don't even know what to expect if I was to go digging through archives lol.

You all probably know more about the scavenger hunt parts to these events than me. This is literally my first event of any kind like this. So like I don't even know what to expect if I was to go digging through archives lol.
sometimes the numbers in the past hunts have been codes to thread locations like the first number picks the thread, second picks the page, and third picks the post for example, but i havent been able to find anything using this method so far 😅 i thought maybe an official new leaf release thread would be the place to then search with 13 10 14, but i cant find any such thread

So, from past hunts, say....the easter egg hunt. You would solve your clue. Say you solved your clue to be Dream Address. You'd click to search the forums, type in Dream Address, then voila! You would only have to click and scroll thru millions of posts (a slight exaggeration) until BAM! Suddenly in one of the posts would be a cute little easter egg! You'd click on it with shaking fingers, hardly daring to believe you found it! And ta falippin da, You'd get credit for finding it....yay!

Only now we are looking for a little bird. And we gotta solve the clue.

Unless its a puzzle.....

The "maybe" confuses me a bit. Do we have to do something with the numbers, inverse them?

I remember that in a past hunt we had to go to the dream town of a mod and there was a hint in that town
.... I think

Nintendo Switch Friend Code maybe?
Not that either, there's was no user found
It was a good guess though! I didn't even think of friend codes
Post automatically merged:

To be honest the sequence -3+4+1 still annoy me
Me too, it just seems so random to me..
Also I've tried some variants of the codes that I could think of, and still no luck :\

Why we got that specific number sequence is what boggles me. And the only AC-related thing we got from so far is the New Leaf release date.

Also the no, yes, maybe part SHOULD be hinting at something... but what.
I hope someone gets an epiphany or eureka moment.

Back