Canvas Crossing

lol, i’ve had a lot of fun drawing mine honestly. More fun than I thought I would have during it although they definitely will not be ridiculously fantastic because my hands are just not working at this point in the fair after 3 1/2 weeks 😂😂😂😂
Yea I have had more fun drawing mine as well. So much that I am now working on my 6th . This one is a bit tricky because of the detail. There is one thing on it i am putting off because I am still not exactly sure how to draw it. lol

Bit of a late question but how strict is the full body rule? I have one sketch where half of the character is showing but the other half is obscured (which I didn't intend to do on purpose, it's just due to the thing that they are clinging on to)
I don't know if this was missed or if you got an answer elsewhere but I'm wondering the same👆 I drew half a sketch and realized that the feet/lower legs would be covered with the way I want to do it.

Bit of a late question but how strict is the full body rule? I have one sketch where half of the character is showing but the other half is obscured (which I didn't intend to do on purpose, it's just due to the thing that they are clinging on to)
I don't know if this was missed or if you got an answer elsewhere but I'm wondering the same👆 I drew half a sketch and realized that the feet/lower legs would be covered with the way I want to do it.
This is relevant to me as well. I'm not a particularly good artist, I kind of just draw freehand and if it looks good then I go from there. One of my drawings, one of the better ones at that, is missing the feet due to the perspective. The rest is showing; head, torso, arms, legs, just not the bottom of the legs & feet. Is this okay? I realized my error afterward. I can share a picture via Private Message if needed. I kept it in mind for the other two I've drawn.

This is relevant to me as well. I'm not a particularly good artist, I kind of just draw freehand and if it looks good then I go from there. One of my drawings, one of the better ones at that, is missing the feet due to the perspective. The rest is showing; head, torso, arms, legs, just not the bottom of the legs & feet. Is this okay? I realized my error afterward. I can share a picture via Private Message if needed. I kept it in mind for the other two I've drawn.
They did end up PMing me! I showed them my sketch, this is what they had to say:

"The full body rule was put as the bare minimum so members can draw a full outfit. If you could show the bottom half of their body somehow (eg [REDACTING this part as it could spoil who I am drawing]) then that would be acceptable! We just want to make sure that we can judge everyone on a similar criterion and to make it fair for all! Thanks for checking in."

You could probably PM LadyDestani/dizzy bone your sketches if you are unsure!

They did end up PMing me! I showed them my sketch, this is what they had to say:

"The full body rule was put as the bare minimum so members can draw a full outfit. If you could show the bottom half of their body somehow (eg [REDACTING this part as it could spoil who I am drawing]) then that would be acceptable! We just want to make sure that we can judge everyone on a similar criterion and to make it fair for all! Thanks for checking in."

You could probably PM LadyDestani/dizzy bone your sketches if you are unsure!
Thank you! I'll send a picture for them to give the judgment on before submitting it in case I need to re-do it or draw a different, less complicated one, lol.

@dizzy bone & @LadyDestani I have a question as well. I am almost done with my second one, but I wanted to double check with you guys if it’s OK that we change the coloring of one of their articles of clothing a bit as I would like to do that after seeing a couple of their other entries with other things. And it would go with kind of the theme that they’ve been going with so far.

I was just about to ask a similar question. I also am wondering if we could change the colors even just slightly. Since the one I am working on has very similar colors. I wanted to make some of the colors a little darker so it’s easier to tell the colors apart.

Obviously I'm not a staff member, but this should be fine since I asked dizzy if I could use limited colour palettes for my own pieces and they allowed it! I also showed them the following as examples for reference (listed below with credit to the original artists). 2/4 of my entries have limited/tweaked palettes and they were accepted. I'm pretty sure that staff don't expect colours to be exact, and limited palettes in particular allow you to stray away from a character's exact colours. I think what's most important is that the character is still recognizable with key features, and you don't need to rely on precise colour(s) for that. 🤔 Hopefully this helps you guys and anyone else who's still working on their entries. :>

The examples of limited colour palette art I shared to dizzy (and Destani later on):

Credit to sr005
View attachment 580196

Credit to zeeorzero
View attachment 580197

Credit to drkav
View attachment 580198

Regarding colors, Chere said it far better than I could so I'll just confirm everything they stated is correct. We are not looking for an exact replica of their character down to the tiniest detail. We just need the character to be clearly identifiable with the major features are intact.

For the full body question, if both of you could send your sketches to myself and dizzy via PM, we'll take a look and let you know.

Submitted my third drawing :D This was a lot of fun, I can definitely see this coming back in other events (I hope~)

When I do have time, I do plan on drawing the other ones and sending via pm

At long last I have finished my second entry, which is actually the drawing I started first 😭 It took an embarrassingly long time to complete for what it is (I redrew the same lines sooooo many times you wouldn’t believe it 😅), BUT IT’S DONE!

Only one left to go, I hope I can make it in time 🤞

I'm curious on what rep people think is the hardest to draw and who the easiest is...

I'll be honest, I never looked at all the reps, so I couldn't say overall. but for mine, I think it was probably, in terms of the reps themselves, 3>1>2, easiest to hardest. in terms of how I structured them, 2>3>1

I have now drawn One… idk if I’ll get all 3 done, definitely won’t get to the many many I liked enough to save for drawing 😭😭😭

Me just slowly waking up for the day ahead...and I just remembered how I forgot to add a specific detail to drawing no'2's glasses
awake-scary.gif

Which is fine, I'll fix it for myself and at the end of the event, I post it with that detail. haha. Can't believe I forgot.

Started off thinking I’d only be doing one drawing, ended up saving so many reps from the wardrobe thread and changed my mind loads but have just submitted my third and final drawing!
Art is a weak point of mine so sorry for butchering anyone’s lovely character 😂 but this is a sweet event!

I made more then I planned on drawing.Had so much fun. I started with one and realized it was harder then I that so switched to different one. After I got some great tips I went back to the first as my third drawing. I might try and get one last one done depending on how much time I have.

For the full body question, if both of you could send your sketches to myself and dizzy via PM, we'll take a look and let you know.
I noticed that there were extra aspects to the character I drew for this that I had missed initially, so I just decided to draw a different character instead.

New question: Should we be putting the name of the member that we drew somewhere on the drawing itself, in the thread title, main post, or what?

I noticed that there were extra aspects to the character I drew for this that I had missed initially, so I just decided to draw a different character instead.

New question: Should we be putting the name of the member that we drew somewhere on the drawing itself, in the thread title, main post, or what?
It's not required to put the name anywhere. All we're asking for is a link to the post in Wonderous Wardrobe for reference.

However, most people are putting the name of the member somewhere as a courtesy. In the end, it's up to you.

It's not required to put the name anywhere. All we're asking for is a link to the post in Wonderous Wardrobe for reference.

However, most people are putting the name of the member somewhere as a courtesy. In the end, it's up to you.
All right, thank you! I'll have mine sent in tonight.

Back