Canvas Crossing

I finished another. Please don't be expecting much when mine are revealed. I still enjoy it and find it a fun event, but I am sure so many of yours will be so much better than mine lol!

I think that's 4 more from the original 3 I submitted. Do I need to submit the extras separately or can I group those ones if I still provide a link to which reps they are? I don't want to mass spam you as I am sure you are still sorting through all the others who need their points. Thank you!

I finished another. Please don't be expecting much when mine are revealed. I still enjoy it and find it a fun event, but I am sure so many of yours will be so much better than mine lol!

I think that's 4 more from the original 3 I submitted. Do I need to submit the extras separately or can I group those ones if I still provide a link to which reps they are? I don't want to mass spam you as I am sure you are still sorting through all the others who need their points. Thank you!
I know I'm not LadyDestani but I just want to say, I asked this as well too!
This is the answer I got back via dm!
Hi MrBox,

I checked on your Canvas Crossing question and it would be best to continue putting your extra submissions in separate posts.

Thanks for checking! 😊

When I submitted my extras, I put "(Extra)" on the thread title of each separate submission. I got a Celebrate react as confirmation. I’m thinking of drawing more. It’s just so fun.
It really is! I submitted 3 extras and it's been fun just drawing all the different reps doing different things. 🎉 I'll probably just keep drawing until the deadline, unless staff tells me to stop lol.

Hi @-Blue-!

So like MrBox posted, I asked dizzy this question earlier and was told to keep them separate even if it's just extras. Don't worry about bombarding us. I'm super organized. I've got a spreadsheet going to keep track of who has received all their tickets and, as Rosch mentioned, I've been using the 🎉 reaction to mark the extras that I've already viewed. I've got a good rhythm going now, so it's no trouble!

Honestly, it is actually amazing if someone can pull off a stick figure but the avatar can be easily identified. It takes skill to do that.

have it be so that the person is a stick figure, but their outfit is highly detailed to the point of being able to perfectly make out what everything is meant to be

Second drawing finished~! Might do the third one another day~
Gonna go have a break (break as in going to go write some stories or application questions...) I would love to get some extras done before the deadline, but it's all okay, I know there's no rush.

@dizzy bone & @LadyDestani I have a question as well. I am almost done with my second one, but I wanted to double check with you guys if it’s OK that we change the coloring of one of their articles of clothing a bit as I would like to do that after seeing a couple of their other entries with other things. And it would go with kind of the theme that they’ve been going with so far.

@dizzy bone & @LadyDestani I have a question as well. I am almost done with my second one, but I wanted to double check with you guys if it’s OK that we change the coloring of one of their articles of clothing a bit as I would like to do that after seeing a couple of their other entries with other things. And it would go with kind of the theme that they’ve been going with so far.
I was just about to ask a similar question. I also am wondering if we could change the colors even just slightly. Since the one I am working on has very similar colors. I wanted to make some of the colors a little darker so it’s easier to tell the colors apart.

I was just about to ask a similar question. I also am wondering if we could change the colors even just slightly. Since the one I am working on has very similar colors. I wanted to make some of the colors a little darker so it’s easier to tell the colors apart.

Obviously I'm not a staff member, but this should be fine since I asked dizzy if I could use limited colour palettes for my own pieces and they allowed it! I also showed them the following as examples for reference (listed below with credit to the original artists). 2/4 of my entries have limited/tweaked palettes and they were accepted. I'm pretty sure that staff don't expect colours to be exact, and limited palettes in particular allow you to stray away from a character's exact colours. I think what's most important is that the character is still recognizable with key features, and you don't need to rely on precise colour(s) for that. 🤔 Hopefully this helps you guys and anyone else who's still working on their entries. :>

The examples of limited colour palette art I shared to dizzy (and Destani later on):

Credit to sr005
limited palette art examples 1.png

Credit to zeeorzero
limited palette art examples 2.png

Credit to drkav
limited palette art examples 3.png

Obviously I'm not a staff member, but this should be fine since I asked dizzy if I could use limited colour palettes for my own pieces and they allowed it! I also showed them the following as examples for reference (listed below with credit to the original artists). 2/4 of my entries have limited/tweaked palettes and they were accepted. I'm pretty sure that staff don't expect colours to be exact, and limited palettes in particular allow you to stray away from a character's exact colours. I think what's most important is that the character is still recognizable with key features, and you don't need to rely on precise colour(s) for that. 🤔 Hopefully this helps you guys and anyone else who's still working on their entries. :>

The examples of limited colour palette art I shared to dizzy (and Destani later on):

Credit to sr005
View attachment 580196

Credit to zeeorzero
View attachment 580197

Credit to drkav
View attachment 580198
Thx!!! Hoping it’s ok cuz I want to make the bday hat he’s wearing more in the spirit of the line art he did for colorful canvas.

I’ve finished my third victim 😈😂💜 technical issues (old thicko needs help) which will be solved tomorrow 🤞

It was a challenge as reps are so personal and I I find them so hard. Only one friend knows that I’ve drawn them. The rest I don’t think I will admit to 🙈💜

Credit to sr005
View attachment 580196

Credit to zeeorzero
View attachment 580197

Credit to drkav
View attachment 580198
Thank you so much . I was halfway coloring the characters shirt when I realized the color was off and tried getting it close. But then the colors blended to much so didn’t look right.

I'm curious on what rep people think is the hardest to draw and who the easiest is...
lol, i’ve had a lot of fun drawing mine honestly. More fun than I thought I would have during it although they definitely will not be ridiculously fantastic because my hands are just not working at this point in the fair after 3 1/2 weeks 😂😂😂😂

Back