• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Celebrating Diversity 2024: 3D Crafts Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Island
Vylbrand
Tasty Cake
Green Bunny Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Orange Bunny Balloon
Pink Bunny Balloon
celebratingDiversityGrassBanner.png

Animal Crossing 3D Crafts Event
June 7, 2024 - June 22, 2024

Welcome to our fifth annual Celebrating Diversity event! Each year we run this event in order to recognise and celebrate the diverse community we have here on The Bell Tree. This event runs in June to coincide with events that celebrate diversity in the real world: Juneteenth commemorates the end of African American slavery in the United States on June 19th 1865, June 21st is celebrated as National Indigenous Peoples Day in Canada, and LGBT Pride is celebrated this month in commemoration of the Stonewall riots in late June 1969. We observe these dates to recognise the hardships people have endured in an effort to progress equal rights, to celebrate where we come from, and to help further promote inclusivity. Here on TBT, we like to provide this space once a year where we can all celebrate our differences together.

This event will be co-run with support from Mick.

Task

This year, we want to see your 3D Crafts! 🎨

Create an Animal Crossing themed craft project that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusivity in a way that is meaningful to you. What makes you unique or celebrates where you come from? What are matters that you are passionate about? How you do that is up to your own interpretation, but make sure it's respectful and represents diversity as explained by this definition:

Diversity means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, neurodiversity, physical abilities, religious beliefs, or other ideologies.

Submit your entry by posting a picture of it here in this thread. The winning entries will then be selected by the TBT staff team.

You will have until 11:59PM EDT on June 22nd 2024 to submit your entries.

Rules

• Entries must be your own work.
  • Entries must fit both the Animal Crossing and Celebrating Diversity themes.
  • No collaborative projects.
  • Submissions can be hand-crafted or 3D printed.
  • You can use craft supplies but cannot use other people's work or any other pre-made components.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59PM EDT on June 22nd, 2024. Your TBT username must be visible in your submission photo, where it is written directly onto your craft or beside it on a name card.

Submission Checklist:
✅ Your entry meets both the Animal Crossing and Celebrating Diversity themes.​
✅ You have attached an image of your entry and checked "entry" on the attachment's thumbnail. (See this post from a previous event if you're unsure how.)​
✅ You have included your name card.​
✅ It is no later than 11:59PM EDT on June 22nd, 2024.

Prizes

• Participation Prize: All entries will receive a Julian villager collectible:
image-6.png

(Design not final)

• Staff Favourites: The staff favourite winners will receive a Julian Plush collectible:
julian.png

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who will decide who wins? The staff or members' votes?
A. The winning entries will be selected by the TBT staff team.

Q. When will the winners be announced and prizes be distributed?
A. We aim to announce the winners and distribute prizes no later than June 30th 2024.

Q. Will the prizes be giftable?
A. Yes, both prizes will be giftable.

Q. Will I be able to request a custom time stamp on my prize?
A. We will not be offering custom time stamps for the Julian villager or Julian Plush collectibles.

Q. What counts as a 3D craft?
A. We will count most things in this! You could crochet, model clay, carve wood, metalwork, make and paint pottery, make a paper-layer art piece, design a pop-card, etc. If you have access to it - use it! You can even use a 3D printer (however, we will need you to provide evidence you created the piece yourself). If you're not sure if your idea is "3D enough" feel free to drop the hosts a message.

Q. What materials am I allowed to use in my craft project?
A. We are only accepting the use of natural and craft materials in your project. For example, you cannot take a cowboy hat off a Ken doll and utilise it in your piece, but you could make a hat out of paper or clay. We are also posing a limitation that you cannot use any craft materials with art/illustrations already on it. For example, washi tape with Isabelle's face on it would not be acceptable, but washi tape with flowers or geometric patterns would be fine. If you're unsure if your material would be considered acceptable, please ask!

Last edited:
I'm so excited for this! Last year I was really limited in what I was able to craft with but this year hopefully I can create something good that represents who I am. I'm also looking forward to seeing some of the work by the mega talented folks we have here! Now Ive just got to convince myself I don't need the Julian plush to feel happy...

I love Julian! Both the collectible and plush collectible look adorable! I've been really busy lately but I'll try to put something together.

Not sure if this is better or worse than if I had to draw something, but I might do it. I don’t have school anymore so I have a lot of free time, and… I guess it would be kind of fun to share my heritage. Whatever I make is going to be so embarrassing lmao

Julian is the first villager collectible I've wanted! So I'll have to think of something. Thankfully there is enough time to brainstorm.

No no, I’m saying I am not a member of the LGBTQ.

Then again, I was never taught about the LGBTQ community and perhaps being straight DOES make you a member.

I’m so at a loss. What am I to the community?
Thank you for the clarification, though I already removed both of the previous posts in this conversation due to the way yours was worded. Someone who is not LGBTQ can still support the rights of people who are. This is often referred to as an ally.

Also, while this event typically has a big focus on LGBTQ, it’s a bit more open-ended with the general theme of diversity (see the event details for more details).

omg the Julian collectibles are so cute!! I love the purple gradient background ya’ll went with for the villager collectible (pleek don’t change it!), and the plushie is SO cute omg??? I’m obsessed!!

I’ll probably sit this one out since I’d rather not embarrass myself with trying to create a physical craft asdfghjkl, but I’m so excited to see what everyone comes up with! 💜

Julian has always been my joint fav villager. The plush is gorgeous 😍(and now goes on my impossible collectable list 🥰)

My crafting talents are less than my drawing abilities so probably sit this one out. I will support from the sidelines 🫶 So excited to see all the entries as there are so many talented crafters here! 🥰

Last edited:
possibly a silly question so sorry (i did actually read the rules this time) but when you say pottery would we need to like sculpt an object from clay or can i use like a "blank" mug or a plate that i bought and paint on that ? i'm assuming no but i wanna ask lol

edit : clearly i didn't read as it says "make and paint" so just ignore me !

While I fully support celebrating diversity, I'm not really an artsy person and I'm especially bad at crafts. Hopefully I can think of an adequate concept that is feasible to put together at my low skill level so that I can participate.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone creates!

Minding what I said earlier today, let's move to a different topic.

The Julian collectibles look very nice! I would like to own one, but I'm not very artistic. I'd like to wait until more users post their works before I decide to do mine.

the julian plush looks adorablee! unfortunately i don't have a single artistic bone in my body, especially in physical art, so i'll sit back and enjoy everyone else's art!! can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

I am STOKED for this event!!!! Last year I went with the ties to my family and how much family values means to me but this year I’m going to showcase my brother who is indeed a unique unicorn as he always states, lol. He has OCD which is not always the easiest thing to live with, but he takes it in stride and I’m so proud of him for it. I cannot wait to get started on this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back