• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Hidden Hideaways

Status
Not open for further replies.
me every time I open this thread to accept entries:

anya-forger-anya-spy-x-family-anime.gif

Entries up to this post have once again been accepted. Please let me know if I somehow missed you!

Tom Nook had to start his inventory from somewhere, right?
A Torii Gate in the middle of a bamboo forest somewhere in the "real" world...

I really wanted to work on this longer and refine things so it was more clear that the "real world" was like sumi-e ink and the Animal Crossing world through the gate was more like Animal Crossing. But I also need 9 tickets for that wooden standee by tomorrow so… lol, fingers crossed I make it on time.

Inspirations include Spirited Away, The Wizard Of Oz, and art in general by Studio Ghibli and Jocelin Carmes.

The Kanji on the gateway says “Welcome” but I mistakenly used the English sign for Nook’s Cranny.
TIL that Tanuki isn’t just a mythical creature, but an existing animal present day; I had to change the raccoon I originally sketched into a Tanuki at the last minute.

Deep in an enchanted forest, a mysterious wooden door resides in the largest tree. It is decorated with shining runes that seem to spell something, along with the face of a squirrel-esque figure. There's no knob to be found, but there does appear to be a keyhole...hmm...

OrcSK8z.png

my door. 💜 it’s nothing special and not as detailed as i would’ve liked it to be, but hopefully it’s enchanted enough to qualify! i don’t have much time for fair this year between recently having adopted a kitty and just life in general. ^;^

093F4E67-63DB-4201-AEBA-8CF1DA77A3D5.png

I made my door finally!! I tried to incorporate lots of cute things I love and at the same time make it look like a door??? I hope you can see the door knob lol! I made it with my markers and pencils and then scanned it so I hope it is visible enough and bright enough!!
💚🐸
Mr_Keroppi Door (Real Art).jpg

HHVenn.png

My enchanted door would definitely come in a form of a magical book. It may normally be found in a size of a regular book, but when used once you insert the key into the keyhole, it will expand into the size of a regular door that you'll be able to open and walk through, like a door. As you insert the key, imagine and story or place you'd like to visit and the book would transform the pages inside into the location of your desire.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back