• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

I'm hopeful if that Luna is coming back we will see some of the other staple NPC like Booker and Cooper. Glad the dream suite is here, but I feel like it won't really be utilized much right now with the furniture still lacking as it is. Like I can see everyone's town about the same set up (slightly different)

When we get more variety, it will be great though!

Dreaming is not going to be locked behind Nintendo Online. It doesn't even need WiFi in order to work. Cloud Backups will be Nintendo Online.

I know others already replied to you now, but I wanted to point out that you can't use the machine in the Able Sisters shop to download others' patterns without a Nintendo Online account. That drives me up the wall because *by itself* that is not a feature worth paying for online for and uses negligible storage space on Nintendo's servers. I get why direct player interaction (ie visiting other islands) would be locked, but I've never understood this one.

If the pattern machine is locked to online only, a much more interactive thing like dreaming will probably also be locked to online.

Looks awesome! I'm wondering if we'll be able to sleep and have some sort of dream sequence without an online membership. I know when my little boy sees me dreaming and going to new islands he's going to want to, too, but he doesn't have an online membership (he's only 4).

Looks awesome! I'm wondering if we'll be able to sleep and have some sort of dream sequence without an online membership. I know when my little boy sees me dreaming and going to new islands he's going to want to, too, but he doesn't have an online membership (he's only 4).

You could always let him use your character to dream and monitor him during it to make sure he isn't going to any bad islands. (or just let him visit ones you've already checked)​

I'm hopeful if that Luna is coming back we will see some of the other staple NPC like Booker and Cooper. Glad the dream suite is here, but I feel like it won't really be utilized much right now with the furniture still lacking as it is. Like I can see everyone's town about the same set up (slightly different)

Agree. ABSOLUTELY AGREE

We NEED way more variety in furniture :rolleyes:

I know you were only joking (hopefully), but there are over 14,000 furniture items. If all you ever see when visiting others is the same - or slightly different- set up(s), then you might be visiting the same island repeatedly. Now, I don't disagree that there could be more furniture sets, but in the hundreds of islands I've visited, I can't say that I've ever thought one looked the same as another.

To each their own, I guess.

sooo they heard us about the dream suite...

bring me resetti back

Very excited about the fireworks! I think the way they're doing the dream suite makes sense, though I am a bit sad that it's not another building. And of course, back up saves! I've been waiting for that for a while.

At the risk of sounding like a Negative Nancy, did this update seem rather sparse to anyone else? There are lots of wonderful things to look forward to of course, but it seemed like the list of new things was rather short in comparison to previous updates. Is it because each of the new things are 'big' events?

I know you were only joking (hopefully), but there are over 14,000 furniture items. If all you ever see when visiting others is the same - or slightly different- set up(s), then you might be visiting the same island. Now, I don't disagree that there could be more furniture sets, but in the hundreds of islands I've visited, I can't say that I've ever thought one looked the same as another.

Yeah even with the small amount of furniture items I can't say one island looks like another maybe the same theme but never the same island.

Very excited about the fireworks! I think the way they're doing the dream suite makes sense, though I am a bit sad that it's not another building. And of course, back up saves! I've been waiting for that for a while.

At the risk of sounding like a Negative Nancy, did this update seem rather sparse to anyone else? There are lots of wonderful things to look forward to of course, but it seemed like the list of new things was rather short in comparison to previous updates. Is it because each of the new things are 'big' events?
Consider this one part of the larger "Summer Update." Combine this with Wave 1, and I'd say this is a pretty healthy addition to the game in roughly one month's time.

I know you were only joking (hopefully), but there are over 14,000 furniture items. If all you ever see when visiting others is the same - or slightly different- set up(s), then you might be visiting the same island repeatedly. Now, I don't disagree that there could be more furniture sets, but in the hundreds of islands I've visited, I can't say that I've ever thought one looked the same as another.

We have terraforming to thank for that.

You basically upload a copy of your island that anyone can visit at anytime without you being there. They can do whatever they want with the copy of your island including completely destroy it if they want because nothing you do when visiting a dream island is saved and you can't bring anything back with you to your island. It lets people tour each other's islands without needing to invite each other or worry about troublemakers, but you can't interact with any other people while on a dream island either (unless they somehow add a multiplayer component in NH).
Thanks for this explanation! Definitely sounds like a fun way to share your island as well as visit other islands. Glad this method doesn’t allow people to destroy your island. I take a lot of pride in my flowers lol

Consider this one part of the larger "Summer Update." Combine this with Wave 1, and I'd say this is a pretty healthy addition to the game in roughly one month's time.

That's a fair point. I guess with the current situation, summer seems like it's gone by a lot slower than it normally does. Out of the two updates, diving seemed like the biggest addition to me.

I'm just unhappy with the update system introduced in this game in general. I'm of the opinion that most of these features should have been available in the game from the beginning. Or at the very least, we'd get an idea of what to expect in upcoming seasonal updates. I just have to hope that in future updates, the things that I loved about Animal Crossing will return at one point or another, but I can't get my hopes up.

Thank you nintendo for making back ups. That is such a smart decision thank yooou.

I literally screamed when I saw Luna and scared my dog in the process oh noo. MY BABY HAS RETURNED!!! πŸ₯Ί 😭πŸ₯° Now all I need is Harriet, Shrunk, and Phineas. I don't expect them, but I'd be so happy to see them (I don't think there's really away to implement Phineas though).

Is there really 14,000 furniture pieces or is this also the color variations. I know terraforming will make each island different, but I mean the themes. I loved the DA in NL with the different themes. In time they will be back, as I said.

Is there really 14,000 furniture pieces or is this also the color variations. I know terraforming will make each island different, but I mean the themes. I loved the DA in NL with the different themes. In time they will be back, as I said.
The 14,000 includes the color variations, but that doesn't cheapen their existence. Nintendo had to code for each one individually.

Back