• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

I'm lowkey happy Luna isn't in a building I would hate to have to map out where to put her. Plus sleeping at home feels..more cozy. Plus whe you first start the game Luna was hinted at. You would sleep in bed and save the game. It was one time but still.
Post automatically merged:

I hope it's animated. Looks awesome!! Such a cute bonus!

If it's not, that's a crime.

Dreaming is not going to be locked behind Nintendo Online. It doesn't even need WiFi in order to work. Cloud Backups will be Nintendo Online.

Sorry bud, but that isn't the case.

untitled-png.293194

Dreaming is not going to be locked behind Nintendo Online. It doesn't even need WiFi in order to work. Cloud Backups will be Nintendo Online.

Read the fine print in the announcement. It will indeed require the Nintendo Online Service.

Also ummm it ALWAYS required online to work, even in New Leaf. How else would you visit other people's dream islands?

sadly, they put in the smallest print ever “Nintendo Online Account Required to access some features.”
kinda disappointing ngl, i have online but i feel bad for those who don’t 🥺✨

The wallpaper better be animated 😤😤
if it isn’t i’m suing nintendo 👁👄👁👏

Also, I noticed that there was a custom design kiosk in front of resident services! Does that mean we would be able to download designs from other people's islands when we visit them?

that would be the best thing nintendo has ever done 😎

if it isn’t i’m suing nintendo 👁👄👁👏

that would be the best thing nintendo has ever done 😎

In New Leaf you could download other peoples designs straight from their dream town so it's safe to say that's what the booth is for.

(Of course the owner of the designs can choose to not let you download stuff too so...)​

sadly, they put in the smallest print ever “Nintendo Online Account Required to access some features.”
kinda disappointing ngl, i have online but i feel bad for those who don’t 🥺✨

Yeah I just saw that. It's disappointing indeed. I thought everyone would be allowed to use the Dream feature.

Never mind I was wrong but even if has been in development for long time doesn’t mean it was main focus. That development team has been working on multiple different games over the years. Not saying you can’t disagree with their decisions.
I mean regardless of how long actual dev time took I don't think its unreasonable to expect a $60 game to at least have the same features a $40 game released 7 years ago did. Esp since acnl was a massive upgrade from accf.

Dont get me wrong i love acnh, I'm just getting a bit tired of updates just adding stuff that we already had in acnl from the start, and new additions (wedding event, museum day, gullivarr) being quite lackluster (outside of terraforming). And now some features which were free in acnl (dream suite) are locked behind paying for their online services too.

Yeah I don't have twitter so uh Nintendo put everything in the trailer 😳
and they also, to add to our annoyance, put all the important things regarding nintendo online IN LARGER PRINT.

and they also, to add to our annoyance, put all the important things regarding nintendo online IN LARGER PRINT.
*in fine print

I mean regardless of how long actual dev time took I don't think its unreasonable to expect a $60 game to at least have the same features a $40 game released 7 years ago did. Esp since acnl was a massive upgrade from accf.

Dont get me wrong i love acnh, I'm just getting a bit tired of updates just adding stuff that we already had in acnl from the start, and new additions (wedding event, museum day, gullivarr) being quite lackluster (outside of terraforming). And now some features which were free in acnl (dream suite) are locked behind paying for their online services too.
But who says the team was working on Acnh for seven years straight?? I doubt they worked on it for that long. Plus it's 2020 everything is done through an update and plus we just got new furniture from the last update and not to mention the team had several breaks due to corona virus and some were working from home so things were triple difficult. Nintendo has been taxed this year.
Edit: plus acnh isn't acnl 2.0 so why add everything from new leaf to new horizon at that point both games would feel less special. New horizon would be unoriginal and new leaf would lose it's charm.

*in fine print
No put it in the finest print possible oh yes

Well acnh takes more coding money and energy and effort to put items in the game while in pocket camp it's a free app so putting items into it cost way less.
Just because something is "free" doesn't mean it takes less work or costs less money to develop.

Back