• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

July 30 Update: Wave 2 Announcement

I am very excited for this update. I love watching island tours on youtube for inspiration, but this makes it so much more fun and interactive!

I wouldn't have mind if Luna had her own building to fill up some space on my island, but this does actually make our home more functional (I never really venture inside of the bedroom as it never served a purpose). I wonder if we'll ever be able to cook in our kitchens?

I am also really excited about the update! I think the fireworks are going to be very beautiful ... I have been so impressed with the quality of the Nintendo Switch New Horizons graphics! I love that Luna will be part of the game and that we can dream and view other beautiful islands! Looking forward to all the update features very much!

I'm super excited about fireworks and the cute little handheld stuff!! bubbles ftw!

I never really used dream suite in NL but I'm super willing to give it a try. Honestly I love how easily it integrates into the gameplay with using the bed, I like that a lot more than dedicating a whole building to it.

But I agree with what others have said, too, about being generally more excited for the Fall update! I'd bet money on Brewster coming back to chase away the Autumn chill~

Hmmmm it's ok :D dream suite... happy it's not a building but also not very excuses about it. Fireworks... fun for a few times.

I like the extra items like the balloons. Hopefully they also have the bunny balloons back :D

Really was hoping for Kapp'n but maybe in the winter or next year.

i get where you are coming from and i would love to get items like this in our games (the bubble tea omg) but we always have to think about that its another company and they have a higher budget to make those things because you pay almost for every item irl money. people usually forget that and just think that the acnh team is bad or that they dont care enough but its just about the money sadly :/
I'm not asking for all the pocket camp items, I just think its ridiculous acnh has less furniture items than acnl did even before their free welcome amiibo dlc (considering so many are just recolours of the same item). I feel like everyones islands are starting to look the same because the item choice is just so limited.

Yes you can pay for pocket camp stuff, but in the end that game's free to pay and this one cost like $60usd. I'm sure there were whales but back when I played I never spent any money and I was able to still get fortune cookies from just like grinding and stuff.

Plus without a nintendo online membership its basically impossible to ever complete your catalog in acnh since item variations are island locked, which I don't think is fair and which the animal crossing series has never had before. One of my friends actually refused to buy this game even though hes played every single installation to date because of this.

EEE! I'm so excited 🤩

My dog... may've been scared off because I kept squealing and gasping and saying "OHMYGOSH I can't believe they just slipped that in!" 🥳

And it's always delightful to see an "August" update being released in late July 😉
...Incidentally that's the same day I find out how my job's gonna work this fall so it'll be a big day 😝

I'm personally excited about it even though a couple of features require an online membership. Though my sister has one so we might capitalize on that, especially backing up our island.

I'm not asking for all the pocket camp items, I just think its ridiculous acnh has less furniture items than acnl did even before their free welcome amiibo dlc (considering so many are just recolours of the same item). I feel like everyones islands are starting to look the same because the item choice is just so limited.

Yes you can pay for pocket camp stuff, but in the end that game's free to pay and this one cost like $60usd. I'm sure there were whales but back when I played I never spent any money and I was able to still get fortune cookies from just like grinding and stuff.

Plus without a nintendo online membership its basically impossible to ever complete your catalog in acnh since item variations are island locked, which I don't think is fair and which the animal crossing series has never had before. One of my friends actually refused to buy this game even though hes played every single installation to date because of this.
Well acnh takes more coding money and energy and effort to put items in the game while in pocket camp it's a free app so putting items into it cost way less.

Well acnh takes more coding money and energy and effort to put items in the game while in pocket camp it's a free app so putting items into it cost way less.
Yea but they also had 7 years to make this game lol. I'm saying this stuff/more items should've been in there in the first place.

Anyways nintendos pretty good with DLC so I'm still hopeful we'll eventually get one that adds more items like the WA update in acnl

Extremely excited! Now time to clean up my islands mess... can't wait to see everybody's towns!
Also, the fireworks really look amazing imo, also looking forward to Red's Raffle!

I'm not very excited about this update because dreaming will probably be locked behind a Nintendo Online account. I imagine cloud backups may be too. So the only thing new I can see myself being able to use is the fireworks.
Dreaming is not going to be locked behind Nintendo Online. It doesn't even need WiFi in order to work. Cloud Backups will be Nintendo Online.

Yea but they also had 7 years to make this game lol. I'm saying this stuff/more items should've been in there in the first place.

Anyways nintendos pretty good with DLC so I'm still hopeful we'll eventually get one that adds more items like the WA update in acnl
Never mind I was wrong but even if has been in development for long time doesn’t mean it was main focus. That development team has been working on multiple different games over the years. Not saying you can’t disagree with their decisions.

Last edited:
Dreaming is not going to be locked behind Nintendo Online. It doesn't even need WiFi in order to work.

Ummm, if I am not misunderstanding your point, dreaming will require internet as you will need to connect to Nintendo's server where dreams are hosted, or to even upload your own dream.

Last edited:
Super excited to visit islands without physically going there with dodo airlines!!
Also, I noticed that there was a custom design kiosk in front of resident services! Does that mean we would be able to download designs from other people's islands when we visit them?

Back