• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

i'm going to end up picking sprigatito anyway just because i don't think the other two can evolve into anything that would really fit my vibe. (ironically, this is the first time i've deviated from picking a fire-starter.) worst case, it'll be like PLA where i hated all the starter final evolutions and booted typhlosion off my team as soon as i could lmao.

Its always perplexing to me why TPC decides not to reveal the final evos (at least even the mid-evos!) of the starters. The starters are one of the selling points in every gen. Gen7 was very hyped up to begin with, but it was also because the final evos were leaked beforehand. Even though I'm very confident in the starter I finally chose, (Quaxly gang all the way!) I know there are many that are still unsure about getting the games if the final evos look...disappointing.
right I remember when the starter evos for gen 7 were leaked in like August before the game's release and I was so hyped!! I would be content if the gen 9 starter evos were leaked within the next week or so, I just don't want to go into the game blind. I'm like 90% positive I may pick Sprigatito but I still want to see them!

I too, wish we had more idea what the starter evolutions will be. Not just that but also if any type differences will happen. I wanna use different pokemon via their typing.
It would be interesting going in blind, but I'd worry I would use it less once I like or dislike the appearance.

Also, I do have high hopes the grass type stays on four legs.

I too, wish we had more idea what the starter evolutions will be. Not just that but also if any type differences will happen. I wanna use different pokemon via their typing.
It would be interesting going in blind, but I'd worry I would use it less once I like or dislike the appearance.

Also, I do have high hopes the grass type stays on four legs.
I will say this, I’m likely going to go blind when I play my first.
Also just wanted to share that when I saw the leaked Generation 8 starter evo-relatives prior to game released, the only one I was disappointed in was Sobble’s because I pictured them being more akin to the theater theme and being beefy and chunky reptiles as opposed to skinny spies with big hands. I was so happy when I saw Scorbunny become a soccer player and was delighted with what Grookey turned out to be (when I first saw Thwackey prior to the games’ released, it looked like a feminine drummer to me). As a result, I like Rillaboom (it doesn’t feel to humanoid and even then, gorillas and humans are closely related, so it having a bit of an anthropomorphized feel is fine by me) and LOVE Cinderace (I was just too correct with what I got for me to ever dislike it).
So I will say this (please do not bring up leaks): As long as any designs look great, then I will be okay. Although I hope the marketing gets a boost before the release (it probably won’t).

I figured I’d post this in here. I previously said I would choose Fuecoco, but I’m actually high on Quaxly right now. Fuecoco reminds me a lot of Croconaw, which is my favorite Pokémon (you wouldn’t have guessed, right?) but I’m somehow being drawn to Quaxly for this game.

Day 136375288 of hoping the Totodile line makes its way into Scarlet/Violet.

I was confused at first because I thought for a second the games already released, LOL. It's been a long day.

Anyway, I'm not sure yet, but I'll definitely post again here when I figure that out.

Right, so I've looked at and thought about all the new Pokemon, and from what has been released so far, the three Pokemon that would be on my team are....

Fuecoco
Smoliv
Greavard

Smoliv being a Grass type is a good choice to counter Fuecoco's Water type weakness. Additionally, since Smoliv is ALSO a Normal type, it can be a safe switch from a Pokemon trying to use a Ghost type move on Greavard. Remember that Normal type Pokemon aren't affected by Ghost type moves.

Other than practicality, these three are just the ones I find most appealing right now. I'm sure when more Pokemon are revealed or when the games release, my roster will expand to six, or possibly even deviate from this. :giggle:

Its only two weeks away! I can't believe how fast its been..

Well, my team has been almost unchanged. I am only using new mons for the main storyline(s). I am also only playing Violet.

My team so far:

1. Quaxly
When the starters were revealed I was Team Sprig. However, Fuecoco started growing on me and I began to like it more. It was several months later that I realised that the final evos are what I really care about and for some reason I had a good feeling about Quaxly. Out of the 3, I've warmed up to the water duck the most and cant wait what he ends up evolving into.

2. Ceruledge
Since I'm choosing Quaxly and playing Violet, Ceruledge pairs up very well with my team. Its got a great design, Fire/Ghost is a useful typing and Flash Fire is a good ability. Im thinking of using Steel or Fire tera on Ceruledge.

3. Pawmi
My anti-Water and from little birdies around the community is a mon that might be useful..

the Fairy/Steel hammer mon that is from the leaks

5. The engine mon

6. Bisharp
's evo

Thats it for now. All I'm waiting for is the datamine so I can make my final team. They all have to be new mons so I really want the datamine to happen soon.

Its starting~🎶

Well, if you follow Pokemon Go that is...
A new mon has leaked. That's all I have to say without any spoilers

The mon datamined from Pokemon Go
20221104_160838.jpg

Last edited:
lol I don't know what that is...
couldn't even give a guess to that...
Well, if you play Go (which I don't) you can see more of it

Quoted from Serebii.net: "Following the Pokémon GO Community Day Classic, some Gold Poké Stops will appear. Spinning them will cause a bit of story with Professor Willow and Jacq, and new Pokémon to start following you on the overworld, but is non-catchable. Following that, as you spin PokéStops you will then start getting ????? Coins in your inventory. You can collect up to 100 Coins."

Leek stuff in spoilers if you're curious
According to the leaks there is a Ghost coin mon. The more coins you collect from finding it the more you are closer to evolving it. It evolves into a gold statue ningen that is rumoured to be Ghost/Steel. The quest finding the coins is similar to Spiritomb in PLA.

We're getting closer to a trailer so they will probably officially reveal it soon. Then again, we STILL don't know anything about the engine mon even though it was in a trailer so...yeah

Pokemon Twitter tweeted out this website

Its probably related to the coin pokemon in Go.
Honestly, I just wish they reveal the starter evos already than teasing us with other mons.

Another follow up with the chest
We may actually get another reveal this weekend!

The chest was closed and the counter started at zero on the top left. The zoom option wasn't available.

An hour later the chest opened and the counter went to 39. The "2" tab at the bottom allows you to zoom to look closer at the chest.

So, apparently we got the reveal of the chest and another new ‘mon revealed today. It’s a ghoul who has an affinity towards coins and some of them hide in chests while others roam around. It’s named Gimmighoul. For more information on the subject, watch today’s video that goes into a discussion regarding it. Pokémon GO’s Professor Willow and S/V’s Jacq are involved in said video.

Meet Gimmighoul

Gimmighoul has 2 forms

20221106_091731.jpg

The second form is Roaming

20221106_091833.jpg

What do you think of this new Pokemon?

Edit: I thought Roaming was originally only in Go based on the video. Looks like you can get both in ScarVio

Last edited:
it's so ugly/bland lmao. at least, i suppose, this means i won't have to do all that coin farming people keep mentioning.

Again, I'm misinterpreting Serebii, where I'm getting my info from.

Roaming is Go-exclusive but you can transfer it to Scarlet and Violet once they are connected. You can find Chest form easily in the ScarVio games.

I think I might get a Roaming one in Go just for the sake of it. Seems like a partner mon they'll give Ash's companion.

it's so ugly/bland lmao. at least, i suppose, this means i won't have to do all that coin farming people keep mentioning.
I think you still do. Jacq told the story of how the girl collected the coins for Gimmighoul. After 999 coins, Gimmighoul started glowing, mostly likely triggering an evolution. The coin farming is like the Koroks in BoTW, just another thing for players to do.

Again, I'm misinterpreting Serebii, where I'm getting my info from.

Roaming is Go-exclusive but you can transfer it to Scarlet and Violet once they are connected. You can find Chest form easily in the ScarVio games.

I think I might get a Roaming one in Go just for the sake of it. Seems like a partner mon they'll give Ash's companion.

I think you still do. Jacq told the story of how the girl collected the coins for Gimmighoul. After 999 coins, Gimmighoul started glowing, mostly likely triggering an evolution. The coin farming is like the Koroks in BoTW, just another thing for players to do.
almost like spiritomb in PLA, except that pokemon actually has a decent design and doesn't look like it was made by a five year old 😔

Back