• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT's Twelfth Annual Easter Egg Hunt (Answers Posted!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Egg 8 is the dumbest clue you’ve ever had and @Justin should be banned

I was convinced “Phrase you'll hear uttered a lot this year, accompanied by gifts of china” was “Welcome” because every event so fast the first word in the post was welcome. Has anyone actually said happy anniversary other than in the new years thread 🤭

Either that or I thought it was “ Sorry we can’t accept that entry” due to contest rules
Post automatically merged:

Maaaaan that Klaus clue! I was right that it was a villager who requests a bathhouse in HHD/HHP! I just picked one of the others. I feel like I’m missing something about how I was supposed to know it was Klaus from that small pool of options.
I googled HHP bathhouses because I haven’t played it and the only answer I kept getting was KK Slider so I put that as my answer.

I found out that it was a meme video and people put KKSlider in a bathhouse because he’s always naked

Last edited:
Now that the time to find eggs has closed, I'd like to admit that I actually sent bells to Jingle not through his profile in an attempt to solve 22 😭 Farewell my sweet bells, may you forever rest in the pocket of the 1% 😔
i demand jingle refund everyone, we can't let the rich profit off the working class like this

I thought it would be fun to share my thought process for the eggs I found first so here they are!

Egg 20: I put this egg on the side since I wanted to focus on solo/community clues until a friend brought it up, when I started thinking about it I thought that it had to be bunny day/animal crossing related somehow
1712036692300.png

Egg 23: This one had me scratching my head for a bit because I couldn't find any actual food palindromes so I figured it was something else, and then I remembered the basement had alphabetical threads so I looked in the TBT members one!! For a while I was looking for something like cream until I remembered that nougat is a thing...

Egg 28: I SWEAR someone posted about how there was no zipper orange in the tree but I can't find the post anymore!! idk if it got deleted or not, but THANK YOU MYSTERY POSTER!!! I might have not gotten this egg without that post...

Thank you staff for another fun easter egg hunt and my shiny new egg!! I don't really celebrate easter, but I always look forward to the hunt and other events on TBT. You guys always keep it cozy and fun here :] and ty for bringing the old eggs and sakuras back!! 🥚🌸

Congrats @BungoTheElf and also @Xara! You both did an amazing job! 🎉

Now that the time to find eggs has closed, I'd like to admit that I actually sent bells to Jingle not through his profile in an attempt to solve 22 😭 Farewell my sweet bells, may you forever rest in the pocket of the 1% 😔

I sent him a bell too!!! But just 1 lol. It didn’t open up right or I didn’t put it in quite correctly to see it the first time.

i sent him one bell cause im cheap

i demand jingle refund everyone, we can't let the rich profit off the working class like this

Tbh my original idea was for you to have to donate 1 bell to Jingle to get the egg, but it got revamped for technical reasons.

*ducks and runs for cover*

I thought it would be fun to share my thought process for the eggs I found first so here they are!

Egg 20: I put this egg on the side since I wanted to focus on solo/community clues until a friend brought it up, when I started thinking about it I thought that it had to be bunny day/animal crossing related somehow
View attachment 550564

Egg 23: This one had me scratching my head for a bit because I couldn't find any actual food palindromes so I figured it was something else, and then I remembered the basement had alphabetical threads so I looked in the TBT members one!! For a while I was looking for something like cream until I remembered that nougat is a thing...

Egg 28: I SWEAR someone posted about how there was no zipper orange in the tree but I can't find the post anymore!! idk if it got deleted or not, but THANK YOU MYSTERY POSTER!!! I might have not gotten this egg without that post...

Thank you staff for another fun easter egg hunt and my shiny new egg!! I don't really celebrate easter, but I always look forward to the hunt and other events on TBT. You guys always keep it cozy and fun here :] and ty for bringing the old eggs and sakuras back!! 🥚🌸
How is your brain so huge..

Congrats @BungoTheElf and also @Xara! You both did an amazing job! 🎉

Tbh my original idea was for you to have to donate 1 bell to Jingle to get the egg, but it got revamped for technical reasons.

*ducks and runs for cover*
Haaaaaa!!!!! That’s hilarious!!!! so yeah, if you didn’t quite go in the right way, the egg doesn’t show so I tried the one bell ha ha ha!!! And then I tried it again and realized ohhhhh out this is what you have to do

View attachment 550564

Ah, so it was Klaus's birthday. I now understand #20 and I am no longer salty about it

1712054482909.png

Okay, so I have some serious complaints here with some of these eggs.

Starting with Egg #4: If my answer SPECIFICALLY was Cephalobot from TBT Discord, and I specified in the comments, that octopuses have 8 arms, so he delivers the news 24/8, WHY was I not awarded this egg??? This was pretty unfair tbh

Egg #8: I genuinely think this is THE WORST EGG. Looking at the answer, and then the clue, I'm sorry but the clue is all but useless. The clue sends you in the direction of MEOW, which makes a lot of sense, especially since the two event currencies were paired together. How was anyone supposed to get DEEEFLLSSS??? This was and is unnecessarily difficult, and almost a little cruel. Also, if the word you were actually wanting us to go for was "Exposure" putting the past tense of the word down, doesn't help much when trying to solve. The answer to this puzzle was too outlandish. These eggs don't need to be impossible lol

I enjoyed some of the eggs, and I had fun making new friends here, and keeping up with the egg drop times, and I'm beyond grateful to mods and volunteer for giving us the time to make this happen, but going forward, I don't think being so vague on some of these eggs is doing anyone favors. I also think, we should have as detailed of a rules section as possible to avoid some of the early comment deleted and on the fly rule adjustments that had to be made to the initial post. Fun as the event was, it was also incredibly stressful, and that took a bit of the fun away tbh

Yeah, there was no way I was finding some of these, like egg 8 (if you actually got that one you have superhuman powers), but there were some I was so close to, like egg 7 and egg 17. This was, uh, an interesting event. I’m excited for the next one.

Thanks to the staff for hosting and congratulations to the winners!

Starting with Egg #4: If my answer SPECIFICALLY was Cephalobot from TBT Discord, and I specified in the comments, that octopuses have 8 arms, so he delivers the news 24/8, WHY was I not awarded this egg??? This was pretty unfair tbh

We use automation to do initial puzzle approvals for obvious reasons. Nobody is manually reading through hundreds of threads, and especially the comments in them! I suspect there was likely an error regarding that egg that we will sort out later. No need to worry. It's best to use Contact The Staff for something like this if you believe an error could be at play and you'd like us to investigate.

Egg #8: I genuinely think this is THE WORST EGG. Looking at the answer, and then the clue, I'm sorry but the clue is all but useless. The clue sends you in the direction of MEOW, which makes a lot of sense, especially since the two event currencies were paired together. How was anyone supposed to get DEEEFLLSSS??? This was and is unnecessarily difficult, and almost a little cruel. Also, if the word you were actually wanting us to go for was "Exposure" putting the past tense of the word down, doesn't help much when trying to solve. The answer to this puzzle was too outlandish. These eggs don't need to be impossible lol

I wrote this egg, so I'm happy to take responsibility -- I am fully aware how absurdly ridiculous it was. Quite honestly, it didn't occur to anyone that MEOW would be such a popular answer until we saw the results start to come in. With that red herring in play though, I can see how it became so difficult, and more than I expected for sure.

On the other hand, I'd like to point out that there are 28 eggs available and we don't expect everyone to get every single egg. Having a few harder than usual eggs is not something we think should be a problem -- there are another 27 to find, plus the contest. A devilish egg now and again has been part of the charm of Easter events on TBT since nearly the very beginning.

Congrats to BungoTheElf and Xara on your win! 🎉

I'll be honest, I feel like I wasn't being a very good sport during this event. 😅 Yeah, it was frustrating, but egg hunts aren't realistically easy! I appreciate the staff putting this event together and rereleasing all the eggs for the users who missed out on their dream collectibles, as well as many users who helped for the clues!

Hoping that the next egg hunt is a little easier though cfvgbhdsa

We use automation to do initial puzzle approvals for obvious reasons. Nobody is manually reading through hundreds of threads, and especially the comments in them! I suspect there was likely an error regarding that egg that we will sort out later. No need to worry. It's best to use Contact The Staff for something like this if you believe an error could be at play and you'd like us to investigate.

I wrote this egg, so I'm happy to take responsibility -- I am fully aware how absurdly ridiculous it was. Quite honestly, it didn't occur to anyone that MEOW would be such a popular answer until we saw the results start to come in. With that red herring in play though, I can see how it became so difficult, and more than I expected for sure.

On the other hand, I'd like to point out that there are 28 eggs available and we don't expect everyone to get every single egg. Having a few harder than usual eggs is not something we think should be a problem -- there are another 27 to find, plus the contest. A devilish egg now and again has been part of the charm of Easter events on TBT since nearly the very beginning.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, I really appreciate it!

I'll definitely contact staff once I'm settled at my PC this morning to get egg #4 sorted out.

Also, I understand having a particularly hard one, and I do think that that's fine! A bit of a challenge, especially when we're allowed to privately work together is nice! I probably wouldn't have even complained about this one, had MEOW not been what I assumed to be a more obvious answer. It was very difficult to have any other sort of thought process on an answer for this with MEOW lingering in the background like Zipper himself.

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond, and thank you again for all the efforts you and everyone else put in for organizing this for us. Stresses aside, I did genuinely enjoy the event, and I'm sure that goes for a lot of fellow members.

Egg hunt is every year my favorit! Had my first one in 2016 and try to be here every year! In the last years I did okayish but this year was sooo difficult. I would have loved some more 'easy' clues to feel good about myself. This year I needed tons of help from others (thank you all 😭). I think it's super difficult to predict how some clues are playing out in the end.

I am super grateful for the fun event! And omg all the old eggs I missed 🥺 So happy for the return of eggs like my beloved aurora egg. I hope Celeste plush and og wands make return as well haha 💕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back