• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT's Twelfth Annual Easter Egg Hunt (Answers Posted!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! 🎉
I didn't try this year to find these eggs, because I have a lot on my mind rn (thank you to those who sold me Zen eggs💐), but quite a few of those clues seemed pretty cryptic. It looked easier as you got further down though.
I did find the old egg because it seemed like a challenge I could try for a few hours that particular day.
Thank you Staff for such a nice event and all your efforts put into pulling something like this together!

That was really fun! I'm kinda sad that I brushed over some threads actually containing eggs but it's part of the game! Thanks to the staff for yet another very fun hunt! However egg #8 is actually full on insane.

Maaaaan that Klaus clue! I was right that it was a villager who requests a bathhouse in HHD/HHP! I just picked one of the others. I feel like I’m missing something about how I was supposed to know it was Klaus from that small pool of options.

I only submitted klaus as a bit of an "i give up" kind of joke. The clue was so cranky sounding, so i googled cranky villagers and klaus popped up with the bathhouse request in the info. Pure luck. But i think the cranky angle helped?

i sent him one bell cause im cheap

I sent jingle 5 bells! 😅
I mixed up the clues in my head and was thinking, make jingle richer, and pay 5 credits to see this egg. Really glad I'm not the only one to donate actual tbt to jingle!

For egg 8- even though it made me crazy, and i was in the right spot forever and STILL didn't get it right, I think it's good to have insane cruel fun clues like these. They're like secret post-game boss level eggs.

I like them better in community clues, though, because then if nobody gets it, we might get another hint. (Sailor's twilight, haha)

I only submitted klaus as a bit of an "i give up" kind of joke. The clue was so cranky sounding, so i googled cranky villagers and klaus popped up with the bathhouse request in the info. Pure luck. But i think the cranky angle helped?

Harry is also a cranky villager with a bathhouse request. 😭 I should have gone with Crankies only and made all three guesses cranky villagers!

Forgot to say, it never fails to amaze me how so many people are able to figure out these tricky eggs, and seemingly with ease! Y'all are so smart 😭

I'm lucky if I can figure out like 4 solo eggs, and figuring out just 4 solo eggs takes me.. probably a whole day?? I didn't even try on most of the puzzles except egg 8, and i was so sure it was MEOW! Oh and Klaus was the one with the bathhouse?? I never would have made that connection in a million years

If there’s anything I hate more than Egg #8 in this year’s egg hunt, it has got to be Mirror #2 from the Haunted Carnival. But both of them misled me for something I expect the least.
This is why you should actually read and take your time on what the clue is trying to say. It's not like the clue has any other meaning that makes you look elsewhere or think of something else. They don't lie, it's the time crunch that prevents us from being smart I suppose.
Adding in on this, you should already know what things are and have a vivid memory from what the clue is saying, otherwise you'll be hunting with no luck.

And about the Haunted Carnival Mirror #2, I actually guessed Wiggler based both on a whim and actually taking a close look at it. I was like: "Wait, is that actually Wiggler? I don't see it being any other Nintendo character with that yellow/purple color scheme, so I'll guess it"
I guessed a lot of characters in the 2017 fair (Even Kracko) that mirrors don't usually bother me as much, but thank goodness I wasn't around for the 2021 Camp TBT and 2022 TBT Fair's Mirrors, I would have easily given up on those.

I sent jingle 5 bells! 😅
I mixed up the clues in my head and was thinking, make jingle richer, and pay 5 credits to see this egg. Really glad I'm not the only one to donate actual tbt to jingle!

For egg 8- even though it made me crazy, and i was in the right spot forever and STILL didn't get it right, I think it's good to have insane cruel fun clues like these. They're like secret post-game boss level eggs.

I like them better in community clues, though, because then if nobody gets it, we might get another hint. (Sailor's twilight, haha)
I'm not gonna lie, this post is how I learned Klaus is a cranky villager

I always thought he was smug, now it makes even MORE sense 😭

wiki says he's smug but it's kind of still fitting for the clue i think

Omg, you're right!
I know I googled cranky at the time, so however klaus popped up, or whatever i followed to get there - lucky! I don't think I'd have guessed him if i knew he wasn't cranky, because the clue just read so grumbly, and I didn't think it sounded smug. I really got lucky with that one.

Even if I never get them, hard ones are fun, I remember some challenging ones in the past, there was a time when we were happy and proud to get half the eggs, because it was the case for the majority of us, I'm sure egg 8 tasted better for those who found it. It's thrilling to find hard eggs. "Exposed" was a big hint and I totally missed it, I didn't get I had to make my own soup, hehe.

Since "not being penalized" is read as "you are allowed to make private teams" finding the maximum of eggs became the norm and people feel dumb to see that the majority found the max when they still struggle to find 5, it's not motivating and unfair for those working solo, by choice or not. Unless they are very good or lucky, they won't be the ones findind the eggs first or finding the hardest ones, and even if it's the case, getting 1 or 2 eggs more when the majority already have 10 more is not a great advantage. I feel like the thread also became quieter as if the party was somewhere else. Should we make official teams and battle each other? Should we buy hints with a special currency? I don’t know. It makes me sad when I see people are no longer interested (to suffer) in those hunts.

Remember the nautical one? It was not just traumatizing but thrilling!
Post automatically merged:

Aw man I put "20th Anniversary" for #24 instead of "Happy Anniversary" now I'm short on egg currency. Maybe I am going to have to decorate an egg but I wanted to be lazy this year 😅
I wrote that one 3 different ways and only one had happy in it

Last edited:
Remember the nautical one? It was not just traumatizing but thrilling!

Yes!!! Torture, but very rewarding torture, haha.

Maybe more community clues would be good, like community puzzles? Would still have individual guesses, but community involvement in solving?

I dunno. But you're right - the extra difficult community eggs are super fun to tackle together. Especially when the solution is - change your time zone to (nautical) twilight, then go to the introductions board and try to find the tiny egg. 😅

Crazy thought - make them all community, with bonuses for 1st find, and make them reeeally tough. Like those birds from camp...hahaha, that would be crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back