• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

The Jujutsu Kaisen episode that came out yesterday was interesting.

It was cool to see Kugisaki and Nishimiya face off, and then see the twins Maki and Mai face off right after that. It’s unfortunate that Kugisaki was basically sniped from far away, LOL. I have to say though, the backstory behind Maki and Mai growing up was interesting and I’m glad we got to learn why Maki is so strong. Definitely looking forward to the next episodes!

Also, a new episode of RWBY finally came out today, so I’ll be watching that later. :)

I had finally gotten to pick up My Hero Academia (Season 04) some time ago and was able to finish it before the next season is to come. To be honest... I didn't really like this season of the anime compared to the other seasons. Still like season two the best out of all of them. The only episodes I really liked out of season four were like the last two episodes. Those two episode are kind of making me feel a little hopeful for season five. So... I had watched My Hero Academia: Make It! Do-or-Die Survival Training and My Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes Rising while waiting for season five. The survival training one was alright for what it was and I wasn't expecting too much out of it. My Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes Rising was definitely an improvement from My Hero Academia: Two Heroes. I wasn't sure if I should bother watching it at the time because of my experience with the first movie. I'm glad that I took a chance at the second movie because it did feel like a movie to me.

I was also able to pick up Food Wars! The Third Plate and Food Wars! The Third Plate: Totsuki Train Arc. The third plate section was interesting for what it is and I quite enjoyed watching them when I did. Kind of excited to watch the fourth plate section after what happened in the last few episodes of the train arc. Hope it will keep my interest to finishing up the anime series. Only have like 25 episodes to go to do so.

Picked up Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign because I didn't remember why I had this anime in my watchlist and decided to watch it since there weren't that many episodes. The anime kind of rushes things, but it was still enjoyable based off my experience of watching it.

Not sure what I am planning to watch next for the time being. So... I'll just take some kind of a break from watching anime for a while.

I had finally gotten to pick up My Hero Academia (Season 04) some time ago and was able to finish it before the next season is to come. To be honest... I didn't really like this season of the anime compared to the other seasons. Still like season two the best out of all of them. The only episodes I really liked out of season four were like the last two episodes. Those two episode are kind of making me feel a little hopeful for season five. So... I had watched My Hero Academia: Make It! Do-or-Die Survival Training and My Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes Rising while waiting for season five. The survival training one was alright for what it was and I wasn't expecting too much out of it. My Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes Rising was definitely an improvement from My Hero Academia: Two Heroes. I wasn't sure if I should bother watching it at the time because of my experience with the first movie. I'm glad that I took a chance at the second movie because it did feel like a movie to me.

Glad that you watched season four. I admit it wasn’t my favorite season either (I agree season two is where it’s at right now). Season four was a bit slow compared to the others, but I’m hoping things will pick up and get more interesting in season five. The OVA was nice and I also wasn’t expecting too much out of it. I also really liked the second movie as well compared to the first one (to be honest, I remember details about the second movie a LOT more than I do about the first one). Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what you’ve been watching. :)

I was also able to pick up Food Wars! The Third Plate and Food Wars! The Third Plate: Totsuki Train Arc. The third plate section was interesting for what it is and I quite enjoyed watching them when I did. Kind of excited to watch the fourth plate section after what happened in the last few episodes of the train arc. Hope it will keep my interest to finishing up the anime series. Only have like 25 episodes to go to do so.

Picked up Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign because I didn't remember why I had this anime in my watchlist and decided to watch it since there weren't that many episodes. The anime kind of rushes things, but it was still enjoyable based off my experience of watching it.

Not sure what I am planning to watch next for the time being. So... I'll just take some kind of a break from watching anime for a while.
I'm actually on the Food Wars 3rd plate train arc. Just watched ep 16, "Revenge Match". I even got the limited edition box set with the central badge and such. The first set did come with Isshiki's apron.

I don't watch anime that often, but if I do, it shouldn't be too explicit, like Puella Magi Madoka Magica, or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. (IMDB's parents' guide helped me very well with the decision whether I wanted to watch certain shows or not!)

The only animes I've watched so far are Pokémon (aka the gateway to watching anime), Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, both of the Love Live!* series that exist so far (still waiting for the third one based on its most recent franchise), Pop Team Epic* when everyone watched it in 2018, and Boku No Hero Academia* that I still need to rewatch since shortly after starting to watch it, I discovered a little late that it was apparently also on Netflix 😅

*watched them in the original language with English subs

That Attack on Titan episode that came out yesterday was interesting.

Honestly wasn’t expecting some of the Marleyans to rebel and join forces with the Paradis Islanders. Also, the show revealing Zeke’s plan and the triggering of the rumbling by Eren and a titan of royal blood is a major plot point (and something manga readers probably already knew about <.<). Sasha’s funeral was sad, but it was also nice that one of the ex-Marleyans was able to get along with the family. Definitely looking forward to where the season goes from here.

I just binged more Naruto, and I’m up to episode 64 now. I have to say, the fight between Naruto and Neji was really, really interesting. It was awesome (and if Naruto lost the match I told myself I would quit watching the show, xD).

Finished Erased!

I loved trying to figure out who the murderer was. I was super suspicious of literally everyone but the main character, Airi and the mom lmao.

Also, that's the best anime mom and no one can change my mind.

The episode of Black Clover the came out recently was good.

The backstory on Grey was nice as well as Grey learning a new spell that could heal Gauche’s wound. Captain Yami shows up and starts taking on Dante who has the devil’s power. Also loved seeing Luck Voltia do what he does best at the end of the episode and taking care of a dark disciple using his lightning fast speed. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Also, hooray for speaking in a different language

w1P4bsa.jpg

Reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles
Lorithia: “YOU’LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!”
Reyn: “It’s Reyn time!”

Talking without ever actually responding to the other person is fun : ‘ )

SWtiqxR.jpg

Gordon approves
✨

Looking forward to binging more Naruto as well. :)

wonder egg priority is fantastic!! i haven't seen the latest episode yet but the idea of a completely anime-original story is really awesome imo

Besides checking some of the anime that are currently out (sk8, promised neverland and kemono jihen), I've been binging all sorts of anime lately since been behind.
I finished recently two isekai series: my next life as a villainess and ascendance of a bookworm. I loved both series and even bought for the first time light novels (of the bookworm one) because it is so good, a hidden gem!
Then I binged world trigger because the new season is out (after 4 long years of hiatus). Another great series, and sadly a very underrated shounen.
Now I wonder whether I should watch black clover... I am interested in the characters but I can't seem to be able to stick to it long.
I also hesitate to catch up on Attack on titan since the story can be depressing.

Just started The Great Pretender and only seen the first two episodes. It's promising so far and I love the art style and animation.

I recently finished all the seasons for Bungo Stray Dogs and I highly recommend it. The pacing is really good and the characters are fantastic. I might start reading the manga and see how they compare.

wonder egg priority is fantastic!! i haven't seen the latest episode yet but the idea of a completely anime-original story is really awesome imo
Yes! I love WEP :3 imo, the animation quality alone is enough to make the show worth a watch. My only criticism would be at how fast the characters are developing... by episode 2 Ai just seemed to completely come out of her shell D: which idk, I'm just not to fond of the pacing, but that's just me, overall I'm glad to hear someone else is enjoying it!

Oh and back in 2010 A-1 Pictures came out with a project called "anime no Chikara" which was focused on developing original anime with no source materials or based on other media. They came out with "Sound of the Sky", "Night Raid 1931" and my personal favorite "Occult Academy", just figured I would mentioned this since you said you like the idea of original anime with no source material c:

Just binged a ton of Naruto and finally made it to season four. Now there’s battles everywhere and a giant frog and sand monster fighting each other. I don’t know how, but this series keeps getting more interesting the more I watch of it... xD

Ah I keep hearing good things about this! I'd forgotten the name though, thank you for reminding me.

I started watching Fruits Basket 2019 not too long ago and I'm glad I did. I'm happy they're doing the manga justice. I kind of wish I had been keeping up with it since the start but oh well. Hulu for some reason only has the English dub available, and it isn't bad, but something about Yuki's voice just puts me off it lol. I found the sub on Crunchyroll and I'm liking it a lot better.

I'm also rewatching Ore Monogatari because I'm a softy and it's so sweet haha.

Ah I keep hearing good things about this! I'd forgotten the name though, thank you for reminding me.

I started watching Fruits Basket 2019 not too long ago and I'm glad I did. I'm happy they're doing the manga justice. I kind of wish I had been keeping up with it since the start but oh well. Hulu for some reason only has the English dub available, and it isn't bad, but something about Yuki's voice just puts me off it lol. I found the sub on Crunchyroll and I'm liking it a lot better.

I'm also rewatching Ore Monogatari because I'm a softy and it's so sweet haha.

I also love Fruits Basket. I’ve been watching the sub on Crunchyroll. Hulu isn’t available in my country anyways sadly. I’m all caught up for now but it was officially announced that the final season will release in April. :)

I never saw the original anime but from what I’ve heard it wasn’t that great. I really do like when an anime gets another run especially when the original wasn’t that great. Full Metal Alchemist and Hunter X Hunter are other ones I’m glad got a second shot.

I also love Fruits Basket. I’ve been watching the sub on Crunchyroll. Hulu isn’t available in my country anyways sadly. I’m all caught up for now but it was officially announced that the final season will release in April. :)

I never saw the original anime but from what I’ve heard it wasn’t that great. I really do like when an anime gets another run especially when the original wasn’t that great. Full Metal Alchemist and Hunter X Hunter are other ones I’m glad got a second shot.
I saw that! I'm excited. Tbh part of the reason I got interested in finally watching it was because I'd seen they'd animated Sorta Cinderella, which is one of my favorite parts lmao. I've also heard that about the original. I was in 6th grade when I first got into Furuba so I wouldn't have even known how to get to the anime but after reading how different it was I decided I would just never even bother. I'm really interested in watching FMA:B at some point too! I got to That Part with the girl and the dog in the manga years ago and dropped it, but now that I'm older I think I can handle it, so I'd like to give it another go. I'm also a fan of Hunter x Hunter, but I've never seen the original anime; I actually had no idea it existed until I was pretty far into the 2011 version.

The episode of Jujutsu Kaisen that came out yesterday was interesting.

Wasn’t expecting the special grade curses under Mahito to invade the competition site, but then again, I guess I should have based on the second opening of the show.

Also, the Juju Stroll (comedy bit) at the end of the episode for this one was hilarious, LOL.

Back