• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Watching OG Dragonball, love it even though the panty jokes are really excessive.

I also saw Promised Neverland and Erased which kept me on my toes and sucked me in immediately!

Last edited:
I finally got all caught up on Black Clover today. I stopped watching it partway through 2020 cause I used to watch it with my ex (then boyfriend) so it took me a bit to come back and enjoy it for myself again. Really glad I did and I look forward to the new episodes in the coming weeks.

Another show I was watching with my ex was Hunter X Hunter. I stopped watching it for the same reason as I mentioned for Black Clover. Now that I’m caught up for Black Clover though I’ll definitely get back into HxH now as well. :)
Post automatically merged:

i got bored last night and decided to try and find a short series i could burn through in a day or two, so i popped on netflix and checked to see what it would recommend to me. It gave me some show called "Angel Beats", didnt really look like my kind of show but the trailer made it seem interesting so i gave it a chance. now a day later its safe to say its one of the best ive watched in a long time, the story has no right to be as good as it was, it really kept me engaged right to end, and boy what a satisfying end it was. behind its blobby exterior is a seriously good show, id recommend it to anyone, though if you get emotional over shows you're probably going to cry a lot. fair warning.

i give it a 9/10 but its definitely closer to a 10 than an 8.

I remember watching this one. I agree about it being really good. It’s the anime that made me cry the second most. It’s second only to Clannad. Which I also adore and can’t help but cry even when I rewatch it and am prepared for what happens.

Last edited:
Speaking of getting caught up, my brother finally logged me into their Funimation account so I spent the day Binge-watching anime. Mostly just Cells at work and Code Black. Oh and Promise Neverland is actually pretty decent now! I know that it was GOAT back with S1 but I didn't really get the hype and all. This new season is shaping up to be a lot better IMO

Now if only I could allocate myself some uninterrupted time for some Love is War S2 :giggle:

I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist because my friend told me to and season 1 is on Netflix. Pretty good so far.
Then I saw the girl and the dog that I see in the memes and now I am afraid lol

I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist because my friend told me to and season 1 is on Netflix. Pretty good so far.

Despite the part with the girl and the dog it's a really good show. Which version is on Netflix is it the original or Brotherhood? Doesn't really matter I'm just curious. I watched Brotherhood last year as that's what's on Crunchyroll. It's definitely in my top 10 fave anime if not top 5.

I've been warned by my husband never to watch Fullmetal Alchemist because of the scene with the dog. But I think once you're past that it's not so bad. He just knows my triggers and told me that would be too tramatic for me and too important to skip.

I never played the video games, but I just finished bingewatching the Netflix adaption of Castlevania. The storyline is great, the battle/fight scenes were great, the gore was great. Definitely need a season 4 in my life.

I started on season 2 of The Promised Neverland today. There are three episodes out right now so I've got a little catching up to do, but it's just going to be my weekend show so I'll watch episode 2 tomorrow and by the end of next weekend, I'll be all current. The first episode has already introduced some interesting new story elements so I'm excited for this season!

I checked out the first couple episodes of Dr. Stone after my friend suggested it to me and I’m finding it really interesting to say the least.

Been binge watching Fruits Basket season one the last couple days. I love how wholesome it is. I'm ready to start on season 2 already. I heard the 3rd (aka final) season is supposed to come out later this year so I look forward to that as well.

Also I just remembered the new episode of Black Clover is out today. I'll have to check that out after work.

I watched the most recent Black Clover and Jujutsu Kaisen episodes and I thought they were both pretty good.

I thought this episode and the last were both really intense, and I’m shocked that half the Golden Dawn squad is dead. I’m wondering what Yuno is going to do next now that William is nowhere to be seen and the squad’s forces are depleted.

I really liked the backstory behind Panda and his fight with Mechamaru. I thought it gave him a lot more personality and made him more interesting than he already was. I also liked that Toudou explained cursed energy to Itadori rather than just beating him up (it makes it more interesting when an enemy on a battlefield helps someone they see out to bring out the true potential in them).

Looking forward to AOT Sunday and binging more Naruto (I’m on episode 56 now)!

I really liked the backstory behind Panda and his fight with Mechamaru. I thought it gave him a lot more personality and made him more interesting than he already was. I also liked that Toudou explained cursed energy to Itadori rather than just beating him up (it makes it more interesting when an enemy on a battlefield helps someone they see out to bring out the true potential in them).
I also really liked this week's episode of Jujutsu Kaisen. I knew I would probably love Panda, but we hadn't seen much from him yet. This episode really let him shine and I was not disappointed. I'm even feeling like Mechamaru is cooler than I original thought now. And I agree that the Toudou/Itadori fight was interesting too.

I watched the most recent Attack on Titan episode and it was pretty good as well.

Honestly wasn’t expecting Sasha to be the one to die. I thought Eren would be cornered by Gabi somehow, but Sasha biting the dust is just sad. May she receive a festive tribunal of meats and potatoes at her funeral. Also looking forward to where the season goes from here now that the Paradis Islanders are retreating in the airship. I also really wasn’t expecting both Levi and Zeke to be alive, and for Zeke to be captured. Honestly not sure what’s going on there, but I’m sure we’ll find out as we continue watching. Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to tomorrow’s Black Clover episode as well as binging more Naruto.

Thanks for the reminder about the new Black Clover episode coming tomorrow @Midoriya I’m looking forward to it for sure.

Sunday I finished off season 2 of Fruits Basket. They just officially announced the third and final season for this April so I look forward to finding out how it ends.

I just heard that Black Clover will end in March followed by some sort of teaser. I know it’s basically caught up with the manga at this point so I’m wondering if they are doing a long hiatus like Fairytail? I’d be ok with that. It’s a much better option than making a bunch of filler. I just hope it’s not done for good.

I just heard that Black Clover will end in March followed by some sort of teaser. I know it’s basically caught up with the manga at this point so I’m wondering if they are doing a long hiatus like Fairytail? I’d be ok with that. It’s a much better option than making a bunch of filler. I just hope it’s not done for good.

I didn’t know this, so thanks for sharing this information. I’m actually hoping it does go on a long hiatus for awhile because the next season of My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia should come out in March, and I don’t want to be watching too many shows at the same time. 😂

I also feel like it deserves a bit of a break because it has been going nonstop for the past several years now. I hope it’s not done for good either though; I feel like the story isn’t concluded yet and there’s the potential for more in it (and also the buildup from how slow it is in the beginning to where it is now is phenomenal). :)

Speaking of Black Clover, that episode that came out yesterday was good.

Honestly wasn’t expecting the ones with the devil’s powers to be this strong. Vanessa’s fate magic got erased instantly and Gauche took a fatal wound. Then Asta just went berserk after seeing that, lol. Curious to see next week’s episode and Captain Yami arrive on the scene. I honestly can’t imagine him being any stronger than he was before, but we’ll see.

Back