The Anime Thread

Started watching MASHLE: Magic and Muscles!

I'm only 8 episodes into the first season atm, but you KNOW it's good when I sit down long enough to watch 8 episodes 😭 I have a very difficult time paying attention to things, but MASHLE has stolen my heart AND my attention span 💀 If you wanna know what MASHLE is like.. It's like Harry Potter meets One Punch Man, LOL.

Mash, the main character, can't use magic like everyone else in the realm. HOWEVER, he is PHYSICALLY freakin' strong as heck! In the first episode, you can see him pumping iron like crazy!

mash-mashle.gif

I really like Mash, he's so freaking cute and unserious about everything. At the same time though, he just.. is distant? He doesn't seem to understand much or isn't that good at many things except when it comes to his physical strength >< Mash is probably my favorite character so far though. Aside from Lemon and Lance! I love them ALL tbh. I'm so excited to keep watching more!​

i'm continuing wonderful precure
Screenshot 2024-08-17 at 19-52-32 wonderful precure komugi & yuki - Google Search.png

& pokemon horizons now
hq720.jpg

only until i catch up with them...

then i'm gonna go onto english lina with the ovas, movies & english tv series... i'm gonna see if i fully like ''cynthia'' lina : o
images.3.jpg
images.2.jpg
images......jpg
images..7.jpg
images..4.jpg
15.png
images...6.jpg

i know i'll like ''lisa'' lina, though : D

''megumi'' lina will always have my heart, first of all, though... 💖
''lisa'' lina after her 💕*solely based on that one clip of nostalgia... but still 🥰 *

Last edited:
It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

The battle seems to be turning in favor of the villains once Toga releases Sad Man's Death Parade, the Quirk of the deceased villain Twice. Deku is also out of energy from using Gearshift, and the Coffin in the Sky is plummeting to the ground.

All hope is not lost, however! Just as Skeptic hacked into U.A.'s system successfully, it's none other than La Brava who kicks him out and regains control, and she starts working on getting the U.A. Coffin in the Sky to levitate again. Skeptic tries to run away, but is cornered by heroes waiting for him outside.

Meanwhile, it's the return of Gentle Criminal! He's come back to repay Deku for helping him before, and uses his Quirk to the max in order to make the Coffin in the Sky levitate again. Hawks also stops All For One from leaving the scene to meet with Shigaraki.

Just as Shigaraki is about to regain control and turn Deku to dust, his hand is pierced by a bullet... from none other than Lady Nagant! The villains that Deku had already fought previously are now helping turn the tides! And the police chief says that in order to truly understand villains, you have to understand their origins.

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode seventeen. "Hopes." Even though the villains have an advantage, the hopes of everyone are coming together to turn the tides! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

i guess i'm going to be seeing english lina sooner then i thought....
gogoanime.3 & wco.tv is still on episode 40 eng dub of pokemon horizons & isn't updated yet... oh well...

i think i'm looking forward to seeing english lina with the ovas, movies & tv series... : D
images..........jpg
slayersanime.png

images0.jpg
images..7.jpg
images..4.jpg
15.png
unnamed.jpg

i'm gonna see if i fully like ''cynthia'' lina : o
i know i'll like ''lisa'' lina, though : D

though, i think i'm honestly a little bit nervy to watch ''cynthia'' lina cause i've never heard her, other then the 3 retrospectives on youtube... but i'll do it anyway 💕

*deep breaths.... IN........
OUT...... *
ok, Here we go!
Untitled....6.jpg
images.jpg
i also love amelia in japanese & her 2nd voice actress from previous said clip of song ''otome no inori'' from s2 ep 14 eng dub 💖

''megumi'' lina will always have my heart, first of all, though... 💖
''lisa'' lina after her 💕*solely based on that one clip of nostalgia... but still 🥰 *

edit at 8:14 pm: ok... OK! i know i just started it...slayers excellent episode 1 Labyrinth... but... BUT! i'll admit... ''cynthia'' lina isn't so bad :>

i'll let you know how it went after i finish slayers gorgous (movie 3) ....
i may or may not stick to ''megumi'' lina for the ovas & movies, who knows : o :3

Last edited:
I watched Samurai Champloo for the first time at the beginning of the year, and I'm actually itching to watch it again. It's one of my favorite anime of all time I gotta say. It's short and easy to watch, the soundtrack is incredible, great hiphop-esque influence all around the show, it has heartwarming moments, has cool action sequences, and the main trio and how they play off of each other is a delight to watch. I watched the dub, and the main character's voice is also that of Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Speaking of Cowboy Bebop, the creator behind that is also behind this one. But honestly, I highly recommend this one if you haven't seen it already, my words aren't gonna do it justice.

Last edited:
Alright, I've been convinced to add both MASHLE and Samurai Champloo to my near-term watchlist aside from weeklies/seasonals that I'm watching. Now I just need to find the time to actually sit down and binge both of them...

Also, apparently the Spy x Family movie is out on Crunchyroll, so that's another thing to watch.

Finished Season 1 of MASHLE: MAGIC AND MUSCLES!

I REALLY enjoyed it. It's so freakin' good so far. I'm so in love with all of the characters, the animation, the music.. everything!
I think Mash is my favorite though out of everyone. Lemon, Dot, and Lance are close too. I also really liked Lord Abel, even though in the beginning- he seemed like a bad dude.

But hearing more about Abel's backstory and how Mash ended up sparing him, even HELPING him, was amazing to me. Mash really is such a pure soul.. T^T I love him. Now, this Innocent Zero guy? Cell War? He's.. bruh. Hate him. I hope he has a redemption arc or SOME SORT of backstory that makes me feel bad for him. But he made me really mad in the last episode of Season 1 xD

Onto Season 2! The Divine Visionary Candidate Exam arc! I'm really excited to see where it goes >< I really hope nothing bad happens to my lil creampuff loving baby T^T​

i'm upset (ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
i watched the latest episode of that time i got reincarnated as a slime and it just wasn't what i was hoping for

this whole third season has been hyping up their festival that they would be holding, but more importantly this tournament to really create this excitement and be this grand event. finally the festival arrives and 21 episodes into the season, the tournament commences only for the entire thing be showcased in the episode. now i'm not saying i want the tournament to be dragged out across the whole season but man !!! they tried setting it up as these contestants are the strongest of the strongest yet they didn't focus on their skills or abilities at all, it felt so rushed and lackluster.
i understand that the main focus is actually on masayuki and his very op but passive skill !!! i get that !!!! but this is so dumb

i wonder if the manga dealt with this arc any differently cause there's just something off about the pacing of this season that i can't put my finger on in comparison to the previous seasons - i'll just have to catch up with reading and see

images..4.jpg
what's this?!

i'm on the eng dub of season 1 now & onwards! i am in ''lisa ortiz'' lina territory now!!!
images0.jpg

prepare for nostalgia overload, me!
images.jpg

*when i say that, i'm refering to the clip of song ''otome no inori'' from s2 ep 14 eng dub that i saw on youtube way back when i kinda knew near to nothing about it other then that clip & before i officially got into the series 💖
Untitled....6.jpg
slayersanime.png
ok, ok... that's not exactly a overload since it's one clip... but it very much counts
images....3.jpg

ok... deep breath... IN.... OUT.... here we go!!
slayers_lina086.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished watching season two of Black Clover and so far, it's very exciting. The fight between Rill and Yuno was epic, and the battles are getting so intense. Can't wait to watch more of season three.

In addition, I'm currently watching season three of Pokémon Horizons and the plot is great. I was getting bored af with Ash and the old anime, and not to mention that Team Rocket is so lame compared to the villains in the Pokémon Horizons season. Bring on the new anime, woo-hoo!

enter the better of the two voice actresses of amelia, veronica tayler... !
slayers_amelia001.jpg
(that might just be nostalgia of that otome no inori clip i saw back then... i don't think i knew that veronica was her 2nd voice actress then... but that doesn't change my opinion that she's the better voice actress of the two)

aka: i'm on slayers s1 ep 14 now & onwards
images.jpg

though, saying that, i didn't actually ''hate'' amelia's first english voice actress....
i just kinda understand what people say about it, sorta....
slayers_amelia002.jpg

Last edited:
It's time to continue to ascend the tower! Tower of God season two... is here! 🪜

Kang Horyang goes after Cassano and finds out that he's hiding out in a mysterious place known as the Hand of Arlen. Viole follows his tracks to try and help him, as do the others. Meanwhile, Kang runs into Khun's group and is immediately attacked since they think he's the Devil of the Right Arm. Kang tries to explain that he's not until finally Cassano shows himself, and engages in battle with Khun's group.

Khun gets caught in a trap, but makes it out of it alive and takes out the hired help who would have killed him. He then follows haste to the Hand of Arlen as well.

With all of these Regulars gathering up, just what will the outcome be?

Next time on Tower of God season two, episode eleven. "A Thick and Distant Wall." You won't want to miss it! (y)

sddefault...jpg

💖 💖 💖 💕 💕 💕 slayers s2 episode 14 "The Forbidden Dance? Where is the Strongest Spell?"! (eng dub)
my nostalgia episode 💕💖
i love this song ^^

edit at 8:18 pm: i just found out upon trying it out.... it's not so easy to sing the english half in japanese when lina & amelia are singing that first part in english...
slayers_lina216.jpg

the japanese half, i can sing perfectly, though
images.jpg

& the english first half, i can sing fine
images..4.jpg
slayers_lina216.jpg

Last edited:
It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

Lady Nagant's help allows Midoriya to knock Shigaraki off of the Coffin in the Sky along with him so that he can't use his Quirk to kill the others there. Meanwhile, La Brava and Gentle Criminal combine their strengths to get the Coffin in the Sky levitating again.

At the battle against All For One, help arrives from Shiketsu Academy and others to turn the tides of battle. All For One unleashes some Quirks and it seems like things are going back in his favor, that is, until Tokoyami teams up with Hawks and unleashes Dark Shadow: Infinite Abyss to land the smackdown on All For One!

With the fact that the battles could go in any direction, just what will happen next?

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode eighteen. "It's a Small World." How will the heroes respond with a certain terrible villain on the loose again? Go beyond! Plus ultra!

So anyway, I started MASHLE finally and watched the first two episodes, and absolutely love it! This show is downright hilarious. Mash also reminds me of myself in some ways. 😂

I plan on continuing to binge it when I have time. I originally thought this show was similar to Mob Psycho 100, but it's actually more like Black Clover imo, just without anti-magic or any swords. I'm excited to watch the rest! 🥳

So anyway, I started MASHLE finally and watched the first two episodes, and absolutely love it! This show is downright hilarious. Mash also reminds me of myself in some ways. 😂

I plan on continuing to binge it when I have time. I originally thought this show was similar to Mob Psycho 100, but it's actually more like Black Clover imo, just without anti-magic or any swords. I'm excited to watch the rest! 🥳
I've seen you and @Mimi Cheems (but mostly Mimi) talk about this a few times and it looks interesting. I'm not sure I'll have time to watch it though.

I'm assuming it's like the Harry Potter books except the main character knows nothing about magic and relies on brute force, because this Mash dude kind of reminds me of Harry.

Back