• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Bell Tree Fair 2024: Closing Ceremony

Mick

Celebratory Wild Child
Staff
Artist
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Narnia
Asteroid Plush
Shooting Star Plush
Asteroid Plush
Shooting Star Plush
Asteroid Plush
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
1726515325088.png

Our The Bell Tree 2024 Fair party does have to end, and this here is an attempt to give it a proper send-off. We will have it all: the reveal of a gorgeous collectible, contest results, prize raffles, a massive pile of art gifts... and more. It's like one big afterparty! I hope you enjoy looking through this massive thread.

As is tradition, this thread contains hand-picked staff favourites for certain events. Getting to this point has been a huge task, and we would like to give some information on this process: our individual staff members distributed 100 points across their favourite entries as they saw fit (up to a maximum of 33 points). The intention of this system is to allow individual staff members to give extra attention to entries that really stood out to them, but might not end up on top with regular votes. The exact number of favourites was then considered per individual event, wherever a drop in the amount of points felt like a logical cut-off point (and preferably, didn't cut off just barely before someone who doesn't regularly win). We are constantly monitoring the effectiveness of our process and have once again done our best to consider as many unique winners as possible in a way that still felt fair.

On to the fun stuff!

Collectible & Ticket Distribution and Fair Shop Closure

The new The Bell Tree 2024 Fair animated collectible, Rainbow Birthday Bouquet collectible, trophy collectibles and the last of your earned ticket are scheduled to be sent out on September 16th, later today!

For each of the collectibles mentioned above, we will be offering a date change service. So if you have won a collectible that isn't giftable and want it to have a specific timestamp, make a CTS thread and we will arrange this for you. Please provide a date between July 27th and September 22nd; if you want it to have an exact time, please list it in EDT (aka Fair Time). To do this we do need a specific timestamp and we cannot help with requests that simply ask for it to be put between other owned collectibles.

The Bell Tree Fair Shop will be closing on Sunday 22nd September 2024 at 9PM EDT (aka Fair Time). After this point there will be no further opportunity to spend your tickets. Tickets do not carry over into future events so any that are not spent will be considered lost. Do make sure you have finished checking out all shop purchases by this time.

Since all the physical prizes are already sold, they will start shipping soon, although this will be an ongoing process. If you have purchased one of these items, we will be contacting you for shipping details!

Leftover ticket raffles

If you still have tickets to spend, why not have a look in the Shop and try your luck with some of our raffles? Tickets for entry are cheap, just one or two tickets each! Three of these raffles are for physical prizes, and 5 are for collectibles. Hopefully there is something here for everyone!

• Nintendo eShop Gift Card
    1 Ticket, 3 winners
  • TBT Plush Enamel Pins Full Set
    1 Ticket, 3 winners
  • Snow Bunny Plush
    1 Ticket, 2 winners
  • Your Choice of Rainbow Balloon Collectible
    2 Tickets, 4 winners
    • Available collectible: Rainbow Balloon, Rainbow Heart Balloon, or Rainbow Bunny Balloon.
  • Your Choice of Non-Rainbow Balloon Collectible
    1 Ticket, 6 winners
    • Available collectibles: any balloon collected on the forum, excluding the three listed above.
  • Fair Pinwheel Collectible
    1 Throwback Ticket, 2 winners
    • Available collectible: Fair Pinwheel.
  • Your Choice of Tradeable Feather Collectible
    1 Throwback Ticket, 2 winners
    • Available collectibles: any feather collectible on the forum, excluding the non-tradeable Rainbow and Pavé Tail feathers.
  • Your Choice of Select Feather Collectible
    1 Throwback Ticket, 6 winners
    • Available collectibles: Blue Feather, Cool Feather, Fresh Feather, Green Feather, Hot Feather, Pavé Pink Feather, Pavé Purple Feather, Rad Feather, Red Feather, or Yellow Feather.
The winners for all of these raffles will be drawn on Sunday 22nd September 2024 at 9PM EDT (aka Fair Time), at the same time the shop is scheduled to close. The winners will be announced the same night. Make sure you have entered by then, because as mentioned, your tickets will not carry over to future events!

Fair 2024: animated collectible reveal...

It's probably about time for us to reveal that collectible that we've been promising! Sorry that it took so long, it had to come from pretty far. We hope our winners will appreciate the end result! There's not a lot more I can say about this, so why not have a look?

Oops, I got impatient! Here.
It took a while, but it's been baked to perfection...
Sprinkled with only the glitteriest sprinkles, hand picked from the night skies of TBT's 20th summer...
Finished with the brightest little star to shine like those who are about to receive it.
Please enjoy our new Galaxy Cupcake collectible!

786.jpg

It's alright to stare for a while.

Unfortunately, one of these has mysteriously disappeared on us. In other news, I can report that the taste is out of this world. 🌟
Let's all appreciate Laudine's masterful cupcake decorating skills! Thanks Laudine <3

Contest winners!
Below are the results of the four contests held during the fair! Each of these contests had a number of entries hand-picked by the TBT staff team that went to a public poll, where the members of TBT have voted to determine a top three for each event. The following winners will receive the exclusive Rainbow Birthday Bouquet collectible, a trophy collectible relevant to their placement, and a nice handful of tickets to spend in the shop:

1726521496706.png

trophy-gold-leaf.png
/
trophy-silver-leaf.png
/
trophy-bronze-leaf.png

1726431886410.png

Magnificent Memories
Magnificent Memories.png
1st Place: @Chibi.Hoshi
2nd Place: @Firesquids
3rd Place: @MrBox

1726432495594.png
Besting Blunders
Besting Blunders.png
1st Place: @Xara
2nd Place: @Bob Zombie
3rd Place: @Zerous

1726432461778.png
Dazzling Decorator
Dazzling Decorator.png
1st Place: @Airysuit
2nd Place: @Xara
3rd Place: @lieryl

1726432413057.png
A Cordial Invitation
A Cordial Invitation.png
1st Place: @faerie
2nd Place: @Chere.
3rd Place: @Millysaurusrexjr

Last edited by a moderator:
Event winners!

Moving on from the contests, here are the staff favourite winners of the regular events! Each of these will also be rewarded with the Galaxy Cupcake collectible and a few additional tickets to spend in the shop. There's quite a lot to look at, so let's start quickly! The order of the entries in these images is not a ranking, I simply forgot to alphabetise the files when compiling these images. Oops!

786.jpg

1726438256153.png

Colourful Confetti - Round 2
Colourful Confetti R2.png

CItB and Event entry raffle winners!

For the TBT classic 'Count Inside the Bottle' event, the closest guesses for each of the two rounds will receive a Galaxy Cupcake collectible. Here are the two current best guessers on TBT:

1726519110513.png

Count Inside the Bottle
Round 1: @xSuperMario64x (guess: 8650, actual: 8662)
Round 2: @Rosch (guess: 333, actual: 329)

All entries to 'Canvas Crossing' and correct answers to 'Pin the Tail on the Villager' and 'Party Popping Puzzles' were also entered into a raffle for a Galaxy Cupcake collectible! Four collectibles were raffled for each of these three events. For full transparency: members who won any contests or staff favourites were excluded from these raffles to give others a better chance. Here are our smart and/or lucky winners!

1726519171829.png

Pin the Tail on the Villager
Round 1: @Flaming_Oceans
Round 2: @Hanami
Round 3: @Mimi Cheems
Round 4: @Halloqueen

1726519190195.png

Party Popping Puzzles
Round 1: @Liz!
Round 2: @Nougat
Round 3: @Hyoon
Round 4: @Cirice

Last edited by a moderator:
Canvas Crossing entries revealed!

Unfortunately this post marks us being past the section where we announce the prize winners, but there is actually still a lot of art for us to look at. Nearly 400 drawings, in fact! This is of course for the Canvas Crossing event, where people got the chance to draw the characters submitted to Wonderous Wardrobe. Honestly, this thread is incredible and I highly recommend checking it out even if you didn't participate in either of these two events.

If you participated in Wonderous Wardrobe, you might want to use the search function there to make sure you don't miss any drawings made for you. You'll find it at the top right of the page and you can set it to 'This thread' while on that page to make the process easier.

1726519428169.png

The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Pop Quiz answers

This seems like a good time for the reveal the answers to the Bell Tree Fair 2024 Pop Quiz! You'll find them below. We are also giving some special recognition to Rio_, who did the best out of everyone and managed to get 15 out of the 18 questions correct. Given the difficulty of some of these questions, we consider this to be a pretty incredible achievement!

Category: The Bell Tree Fair 2024
Question:Answer:Question by:Correct answer percentage:
1. Who played the fanfare for our opening ceremony?Weber. From the Fair's opening banner.Jeremy78.08%
2. This set of highly coveted items was taken out of circulation due to a timely mishap. The responsible party may have large pointy ears and a taste for sweets. What is the collective name of these items?OG Glow Wands. BungoTheElf's OG Glow Wand cookies for Delectable Delights ended up on the floor as seen in this post. Luckily, this occurred after the entry photo was taken.LadyDestani1.37%
3. Sticky and covered in fungus, now it's one of many encased in glass.Bubbloid. One of the TBT stickers in the jar from round 2 of Count Inside the Bottle.Jeremy15.07%
4. I thought this recipe said to bake an amphibian!Party Popping Puzzles Round 2. Although the answer to this "recipe" was meant to be a cake, there were a lot of mishaps along the way, including this post accidentally making a frog.~Kilza~21.92%
5. Pin the Tail on the Non-villager, other than Kapp'n.Blathers. He appeared in the Pin the Tail on the Villager round 1 scene.Jeremy84.93%
6. This matriarch dish is achievement-worthy, but if you think it's delectable, we'll be tossing it in the bin.Beet Hummus with Bagel Chips. In the Cooking Mama stream, Chris got a trophy for cutting a bagel "St. Louis style" for this recipe, a style which everybody detested.~Kilza~2.74%

Category: Past Bell Tree Fairs
7. During TBT's 10th birthday, which object appeared in the site's banner scene dozens of times?BalloonsJeremy87.67%
8. The year was ____. We were all rockin' neon Ray-Bans, denim jackets, and had our hair teased out to the max as we gathered at the mall's hottest hangout.2017. The 2017 Bell Tree Fair had a retro 80's arcade theme. The lingo and references in the clue were trends from the 80's and many arcades were located in malls.LadyDestani80.82%
9. How many members participated in what was reported to be TBT's biggest event ever?510. The Bell Tree Fair 2020 had 510 participants as mentioned in its closing ceremony.Jeremy86.30%
10. Deep within nature's maze, a sagely spirit finds this message:<3 TBT? XO. This was hidden in Farley's Labyrinth, made for The Wishing Well during The Bell Tree Fair 2022.~Kilza~1.37%
11. What was the longest span of time between TBT Fairs?Eight years. From 2005 to 2013, which was also mentioned in the announcement thread for The Bell Tree Fair 2013.Jeremy89.04%
12. What prophetic creature was seen in the slumbering sky?A whale. ~Kilza~ had entered a cloud shaped like a whale for the Cosy Photo Challenge during The Bell Tree Fair 2020. He posted it again during Camp Bell Tree 2023's Closing Ceremony after he was on International Space Cetacean, the whale team.~Kilza~1.37%

Category: The Bell Tree
13. What was the site called when it first launched?The Bell Tree.Mick60.27%
14. Black, Blue, Light Blue, Dark Green, Blue, GreenLaBelleFleur. These are the colors of her user groups since joining TBT, as she went from a regular user (black) to moderator (blue) to project staff (originally light blue) to sage (dark green) back to moderator (blue) then back to project staff (now green).~Kilza~19.18%
15. Name the seven faces of the second haniwa.Smile, Excited (or happy or biggrin), Frown (or sad), Angry (or mad), Cool (or sunglasses), Tongue, and Wink. In the past, the forum has used two sets of gyroid emojis. The second set contained the seven listed.Pyoopi45.21%
16. TBT's first non-player character.The Last Tree Ghost. The first NPC account on the forum.Jeremy20.55%
17. The joke rang across the forum when this instrument replaced the tree in our banner.Bell tree. The bell tree instrument replaced the banner's tree on April 1st, 2014.Jeremy31.51%
18. What were TBT's original two official colors?Blue and gold. Most recently seen in the "Retro TBT" stickers from the 2013 and 2014 Fairs.Jeremy9.59%

Closing statement, TBT Fair 2024 gallery, and Credits

And that's it! Another TBT Fair over. Whether you were named a winner in this thread or not, we hope you enjoyed participating and that you were able to walk away with some new rewards to enjoy.

So what's next? As mentioned at the beginning of this thread, we plan to announce the raffle winners and remove the items from the shop on September 22nd. If we can get it done, we also hope to launch an event gallery for the 2024 Fair around this time to immortalise all of the entries from these past four weeks. It'll be linked below once it's available!

1726520463751.png

I'll put the staff credits here one last time to close off this gigantic wall of a thread. But just before that, a massive thanks to you as well for participating! If you're up for it, we hope to see you soon for the new (small) Mushroom Season event starting on September 26th. Halloween will follow, running from October 18th until October 31st. We'll see you soooooooon... 👻

Staff Credits

• Events Coordinator: Chris
  • Art Coordinator: Pyoopi
  • Prize Coordinator: Jeremy
  • Thread Coordinator: Mick
  • Event and Contest Hosts:Chris, dizzy bone, Jeremy, Justin, Kaiaa, LaBelleFleur, LadyDestani, Laudine, Mick, Nefarious, Oblivia, pandapples, Pyoopi
  • The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Pop Quiz: Jeremy, ~Kilza~
  • Event Banners: dizzy bone, Laudine, Mistreil, Pyoopi
  • Invitation Banner: Pyoopi
  • Opening Banner: dizzy bone
  • Line art: Laudine, Mick
  • Collectibles - TBT Fair 2024 patch, new balloon recolours and Balloon Dog: Mistreil
  • Collectibles - Rainbow Birthday Bouquet, Galaxy Cupcake collectible: Laudine
  • Backdrop - Bountiful Balloons: Mistreil
  • Backdrop - Holographic Horizon: dizzy bone
  • Prize contributions: Chris, Jeremy, Kaiaa, Laudine, Mistreil, Pyoopi
  • TBT 2024 gallery setup: Jeremy, Mistreil
  • Admin setup: Jeremy, Justin

Oh my gosh!?!?!?!?!?!?

I have NEVER won an animated collectible staff favorite award…..I’m stunned. So, so proud and happy that you liked my colorful beetle!

The animated collectible images aren’t loading for me but of course now I am DYING to see it.

Thank you staff for all your hard work! All these entries are fabulous and I can’t wait to peruse the many Canvas Crossing drawings.

Aaah, the Galaxy Cupcake is so pretty! I love it~
Question 13 of the quiz... I got the answer correct, but I second guessed myself so much on that one. Some of the other questions, I don't think I would have ever gotten right, like 10.

Congratulations to all the winners! There might have been a few hiccups here and there, but the event was a lot of fun overall, and it was nice having a chance to get some older collectibles. I love my new Star Glow Wand, and I'll be able to get a Goomba as well once I get my favorites tickets from Wonderous Wardrobe. Thanks to the staff for another fun event. Looking forward to Mushroom Season!

And now I'm off to start looking through all the Canvas Crossing submissions~

I GOT PICKED FOR A STAFF FAVORITE????? 🤯 I am in utter disbelief. I've never won one before! My first staff nomination and first staff favorite with this Fair. :D Makes me super happy because I loved my Pack for the Party entry. Congratulations to all the winners! So many beautiful entries, really happy to see my favorite A Cordial Invitation entry won. 💕

The quiz was brutal! But some pretty clever questions you had there. I'm really looking forward to the Mushroom and Halloween events.

Fingers crossed for the feather raffle or rainbow balloon raffle! 🤞

oh my gosh first of all huge CONGRATULATIONS to my best friend @Nika for winning a galaxy cupcake!!!!! ahhhh i'm so very happy to see you've won a raffle for one and just you deserve it ❤️ and what a pretty collectible too. 🎊🎊🎊🎊 Huge congrats to the rest of the winners as well, all the entries especially the art ones were so amazing and beautiful. Regardless if you won or not, be proud of what you have made! At the end of the day, I had tons of fun and that's what matters the most to me.

I have to say this has been my favorite fair in recent years, from the birthday theme to all the activities we had to do and the prizes themselves (Inky my beloved 😭), I really looked forward to what each new round unfolded and I'm happy to have done every event. Thank you all so much for the amazing fair (and curing boredoms) and I'm grateful for all the opportunities. By the way, is there any leftover cake I could take home? haha Happy 20th anniversary TBT and thank you so much for the memories all this time. Looking forward to mushroom season and especially Halloween! 👻 Take care everyone!

No staff fave for me this year, but wait… I won a cupcake thanks to the raffle for entering Canvas Crossing!? Considering it was my favourite event I’m super happy and shocked!

Anyways thanks as always for hosting such a fun event staff and great work everyone you all had amazing entries for sure! I look forward to taking a look at all the Canvas Crossing entries now. :)

Yay! That was such a cool event!
I can't lie I'm a bit bummed I didn't win any staff favorite lol, I was very confident in my cooking skills 😔

Aside from that I wanted to thank the staff for their hard work and dedication to bringing us such an amazing fair! Even though things maybe have not gone as planned, it ended up being a truly wonderful event! Here's to 20 more!

I also wanted to give some special thanks to @LadyDestani because it really felt like she went above and beyond in terms of communication and involvement in this fair. Now, I know each staff member gave it their all and more, which I'm very grateful for, but I don't know, I really felt like she went all in for this event. So huge and heartfelt thanks to each and every staff member, but LadyDestani gets one more confetti from me!

Back