• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- It's been a better day than yesterday.
- I didn't have too much going on at work today so that made for an easy day.
- I was finally able to get my laundry done. I've been needing to do it for a while.
- My mom managed okay today with her limited funds and gets paid again in 2 days.
- My dog laid in my lap this evening while we watched TV.
- Moriarty the Patriot is now on Crunchyroll, meaning I can finally watch it once I'm done with GeGeGe no Kitaro.

I've started to rewatch Detective Conan once again and I've been enjoying it quite a lot. Besides that, I was gifted some gift cards and decided to go to the bookstore to get some books that I had been wanting to get. So doing that made me quite happy and I'll be reading those when I have the chance. I also might get a new job soon if all goes well, so we'll see about that when it happens later on in the month.

It's become a habit now that I'm posting here once every few days lol.
  • While this happened the other day, I got to log on to New Leaf, did some stuff, chat with my villagers, and went to the museum to be reminded of when I donated the stuff there (a lot of them were from 2015). I even went on to play Puzzle League and managed to beat a high score despite not touching the minigame in months! I forgot how the music basically starts to freak out as the blocks get closer to the top lol.
  • Had a very nice sleep.
  • Got some stuff I needed from the grocery store. Admittedly, I forgot to buy ketchup which is kind of a bummer, but I'll tough it out for the next few days. At least I didn't forget the rest of the things I needed!
  • There's a mall in the area near the grocery store, so I took the opportunity to reserve Gran Turismo 7 (not to be confused with pre-ordering) to be able to buy it on release day!
  • I played GT Sport and completed a couple of races. According to my calculations, it seems very unlikely for me to finish all the endurance races before Friday. I ain't pulling an all-nighter for this okay lol.
  • I got around to drawing stuff again. Since it's been a while that I've tackled a specific area, my skills are a bit rusty. No biggie, because it's making me happy regardless. :)

Had a great day despite being tired!

- Got some stuff done for my new job.
- Hung out with a friend.
- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks win again, knocking off the Los Angeles Lakers 109-104!! They've gone 21-7 in their last 28 games, which means they've won three times as many games as they've lost in that span. I can tell they were really fighting for this victory too. 😤

Had a great day despite being tired!

- Got some stuff done for my new job.
- Hung out with a friend.
- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks win again, knocking off the Los Angeles Lakers 109-104!! They've gone 21-7 in their last 28 games, which means they've won three times as many games as they've lost in that span. I can tell they were really fighting for this victory too. 😤
They were really fighting for it, it was awesome!! So proud of the win, yet again!! 🤩

currently posting this from a transit bus as someone started a fire in my building again and everyone had to evacuate. i’m not sure when we’ll be able to go back inside, but i’m grateful that we’re all relatively unharmed. the stairwell was completely filled with smoke and getting out was really hard. 😪

but otherwise, my day was pretty decent!

cuddled with my kitten. 🖤
7742EA7F-1244-4BDA-96A0-249C749651AB.jpeg
AEB16A90-4D3F-4D5F-A66B-9928723C01FB.jpeg
created some more chibi-style art! it’s still not my best work, but i think i’ve figured out a way to improve the eyes at least! i’m just happy that i’m slowly getting back into doing art; i’ve missed it. :’)
watched external sunshine of the spotless mind for the first time! it was really weird and not at all like what i was expecting, but i enjoyed it!
watched 2 tiktoks that made me laugh.
discovered a new favourite edit from one of my favourite shows.
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- The temperature made it up to a comfortable 70 degrees today and it was clear and sunny.
- I sat through nearly 7 hours of meetings today and didn't get a headache thanks to switching from a headset to earbuds.
- The work week is officially more than half way over now.
- My dog was being extra cute and lovable this evening when he snuggled with me.

I've made plans to hang out w my new friend this saturday, they live only a few min away and we're gonna ride bikes and hang out for a while so while I'm feeling quite a bit of anxiety (cause I don't know what to expect) I'm also so excited!! it's gonna get up to almost 70 degrees on saturday so it'll be a perfect day to hang out! ^o^

Well I finally got to talk to my therapist and he understood everything I was going though. The best advice he said was "Sadly it doesn't seem like things are getting better, people have become way too sensitive and its hard to even open up because those people never experience depression like you do. The best thing to do is to do things that you feel comfortable with and cut out those toxic people from your life because you deserve better than they do" I felt a bit better after hearing that.

Oh look! I didn't skip a day this time. 😆
  • My dad fixed the oven in the kitchen! It was actually broken for months meaning we couldn't get to bake food for some time. It turns out the igniter needed to be replaced and the oven works just fine like before!
  • Played GT Sport and completed a race event.
  • I watched this video made by someone of a Formula 1 2021 season recap in the form of humour and funny memes sprinkled throughout the video. It's made even funnier when you understand the entire context for each race lol. I was also surprised to see a couple of references to Ace Combat and a pinch of Deltarune (remember getting the banana for potassium? That was the reference).
  • I had baked salmon for dinner along with baked potatoes now that the oven is fixed. Very tasty indeed.
  • I made some more progress in my drawing! It's coming along nicely and I should be able to start colouring tomorrow.

We had an unexpected power outage this morning that lasted through about mid-afternoon, and while it did throw off my plans for the day, my mom and I did get to go see my aunt as a result! It was nice getting to see her and her kitties, some of whom were feeling extra cuddly today. 💛

today was my 20th birthday!! it wasn’t the most exciting or eventful day, but it was a lot better than i was expecting it to be and i’m happy. thank you so much to everyone who took the time to wish me a happy birthday — i appreciate ya’ll so, so much. 🥰💗

all of the birthday wishes i received today made me so incredibly happy. thank you again, everyone. <3
along with several lovely birthday wishes, i also received some amazing art from some of my friends!! i wasn’t expecting anyone to draw me anything at all, but i’m so, so grateful and happy, and i absolutely love all of the artwork i received.
thank you so much again @S.J., @Roxxy and @Blink. for taking time out of your day to make something for me. i genuinely love the art you guys made for me so, so much, and i’ll treasure it forever. you guys are way too good to me, but i appreciate you more than i know how to express, and i can’t believe how talented you 3 are. 🥺

03101785-C469-4214-87C5-8927064E7885.jpeg
7FAA3232-7767-4925-9EC5-A875DC618D4A.jpeg
FE7135CE-DC87-457F-AA3C-9D9CEBFBE6C9.jpeg
@Blink. also sent me some tasty cake collectibles. thank you again, bby, i lob you.
the thing that i ordered on saturday arrived in the mail today, along with the jack skellington hoodie my mom ordered me for my birthday!! it got stuck somewhere for a while, so we weren’t sure when/if it would arrive, but i’m super happy that it came on my birthday! i love the design of it, the material is pretty nice, and it’s baggy on me in a way i like! i’m super grateful that my mom bought it for me.
i didn’t think to snap a picture of it before it got dark and i got into bed lol, but here’s what it looks like!

A65D3E84-3FAF-4C6E-81AF-B9432614CE07.jpeg
my grandfather sent me $200 as my birthday present, which i’m super grateful for! i’ve been spending quite a bit of money lately, so i’m hoping to start saving up again. :’)
cuddled with my kitten.
had a pretty lovely birthday dinner! i had chicken alfredo with spinach, tomatoes and a piece of garlic bread, which was pretty tasty! for dessert, i enjoyed a slice of ice-cream cake from dairy queen and a slice of white chocolate cheesecake with chocolate sauce, both of which were pretty tasty as well!
8e6cdda39d0232441a1af05f45fff8a3e6a4276b.jpg
watched mike birbiglia’s “the new one” netflix comedy special with my mom and laughed a bit.
discovered a new favourite edit from one of my favourite shows.
watched a tiktok that made me laugh.
ended the day by smoking a joint outside in pretty nice weather. it wasn’t too cold (i could still feel my hands after 20+ mins lol) and it was lightly snowing, which made for a pretty nice vibe. it was nice to get outside and spend some time by myself, even if it was just for 20 minutes.

Today was a pretty good day. Work was pleasant and the day went by pretty quickly. I was finally able to buy part of my mom's birthday present (a necklace) and it was unexpectedly on sale! I also decided to finally buy and download the Happy Home Paradise DLC. Way late to the party, I know lol. I enjoy it a lot so far and made my first vacation home for Roscoe (after Eloise and her reading room of course).

I also have some pretty exciting stuff happening this weekend that I am super looking forward to 🤩

🐘 Talked to my mom today, she finally got the present I ordered for her for her birthday and she loves it!
🐊 Did some cleaning today, I know it's lame but it always makes me feel better!
🐅 Thought of a cool idea for a circle bag I'll hopefully eventually make!
🦧 There's a really pretty sunset right now!
🦘 Dinner is gonna be rad!!

Back