• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

• It's a rainy day, I love rainy days
  • I made it through a really bad panic attack last night and was able to eventually get to sleep, I woke up today feeling a lot better
  • My replacement remote for my TV is being delivered today. I literally have not had a remote for my TV I use for gaming for 3 years, it's so annoying because that's the only way to control the volume so I've rarely used my Xbox One X in the past few years because of that but now that I can actually control the volume and hear things I will be a lot more motivated to get into some games again on there! :D I don't know why I waited this long to buy a replacement.
  • I bought an authentic piece of art from Redd in ACNH today
  • A new episode of my favorite Pokémon podcast came out

• I've been in a good mood lately c: maybe it's the weather? plus my partner is feeling better after months of illness and just seeing him in a good mood improves my mood~
  • I finally got around to visiting this art supply re-use shop nearby and it was extra cool! I got a bunch of vintage fabric for $2...I think I'll go back one of these days for some used frames and how-to-draw books...also music from the Pixies and Built to Spill was playing while I shopped, so that's a plus!
  • I have extra time to work on my art stuff today!

The power is out where I live, but for some obscure reason, there is a single outlet in the kitchen that still works despite the power being out everywhere else. This means I can charge my phone, at least. It just sucks because it’s DARK as heck.
I was working today so luckily I didn’t have to deal with not having power the entire day.
I went to see Keagan this morning and picked up a Mango Dragonfruit refresher from Starbucks to bring to work with me.

my day was mostly uneventful, but it was good! i’m very much so ready for friday and the start of spring break, though. 😅

alize rubbed her mouth and head against my nose and chin and let me kiss her on the head briefly again this morning! we also cuddled once i was done with school for the day. 🖤
speaking of school, today was my first day back after the ‘incident’ that happened 2 weeks ago. classes were decent and went by fairly quickly, and i’m proud of myself for attending all 3 of them! i’m also not as behind on assignments as i thought i was, which is a huge relief. :’)
tidied up my room a bit.
started watching euphoria from the very beginning! i’ve watched 3/16 episodes so far and am loving it! everyone on the show is so insanely talented.
did some self-care tasks.
made some art for a friend of mine!! i’m honestly embarrassed of it because their art is... so much better than mine, but it’s the thought that counts, right? lol

My day was kind of rough and not the best, but

- I'm glad I got up and went to martial arts practice even though I wasn't feeling well in bed all day.
- I changed up my team in Genshin Impact and am starting to build Childe (when I previously thought I'd never use him before).
- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks beat the Utah Jazz tonight 111-103 for their fifth straight win and are within a half game of them now for the four spot in the NBA West.

My day was kind of rough and not the best, but

- I'm glad I got up and went to martial arts practice even though I wasn't feeling well in bed all day.
- I changed up my team in Genshin Impact and am starting to build Childe (when I previously thought I'd never use him before).
- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks beat the Utah Jazz tonight 111-103 for their fifth straight win and are within a half game of them now for the four spot in the NBA West.
These wins are just awesome!! I'm looking forward to them moving up, I know they will!

I haven't posted on the forums in general for the past couple of days, but here I am! Let's see if I can remember the happy stuff that happened since.
  • I went on a car stroll on March 6, 2022 with my mother and sister. Not only was the weather sunny, but the temperatures were fairly warm as well at around 15 degrees celsius! Anyway, I drove pretty far to places that I haven't been to before.
  • I played ACNH HHP and I finally got around to completing the school building! Yes, I'm slow as heck, but I'm getting stuff done. And I've been hearing things around here that I can remodel my villager's homes on my island after completing more client requests, so I'll be sure to do that!
  • Did some stuff on Inkscape and completed it! I tried combining shortcuts and tricks together and discovered more stuff that can help me save some time and not have to do so much tedious work.
  • I'm 95% done with my drawing! Shading is pretty much done, but now I gotta do the background which I didn't do from the beginning for some reason lol. Can't wait to finish it.
  • And last, but definitely not least, I've been having lots of fun playing Gran Turismo 7. The licence tests are challenging just like the older games which I quite like, despite the fact that there have been numerous times where I've missed the gold target time by a few thousandths of a second. Yes, the margins are that small. Thankfully, I managed to overcome them and even saw a few memes from people struggling on those tests that I can totally relate to LOL. Another thing that amazed me is the weather system. Apparently, there's a weather radar you can toggle to see when the rain is coming and how intense it will be. In past games, the track will get wet, have less grip when driving, and that's all you have to worry about. In 7, you have to watch out for puddles. Drive over them and the car will start changing direction ever so slightly without any steering input. In some cases, it can make you spin out entirely. Basically speaking, I like how the wet conditions are dynamic and constantly changing which requires me to rethink my approach when driving than just going slowly. Though, my PS4 starts to sound like a jet when things get intense lol. There's a lot more, but I'll leave it here for now. :)

My plants arrived! I've been waiting all day for them to be delivered. SO SO HAPPY. They are tillandsia or so-called airplants. They don't need soil to survive. Just light, water, air. I've been collecting them for 6 years. Today I received 3 plants but the big boy, the one I'm unreasonably excited about, is a T. Funky Billy which is a gorgeous hybrid between albida and funckiana. It's now hanging by my window where all my other tillandsia are. I can't stop looking at it. 😁♥️
tillandsia-funkybilly-abidaxfunckiana-b.jpg

• I went grocery shopping and got everything on my list
  • I got a hilarious picture of my cat while she was washing her feet, pictured below
275297418_5245119218832712_3771209304236320214_n.jpg

• I have an appointment with my therapist in a couple hours (over video)
  • A new episode of my favorite Animal Crossing podcast came out today
  • It's extremely windy and cold out so I'm staying in for the rest of the day in my warm apartment and reading
  • I got some of those frozen White Castle burgers, I love those
  • Got some Hershey's strawberry syrup to make strawberry milk :)

Got the two old manga magazinzes I ordered in the mail(mail dude was nice enough to not squeeze it thru the letterbox and instead put it outside the door), pretty cheap for being that good condition since they are from 2004 and 2006 respectively. Also had nachos for lunch which was good!

Now that Gran Turismo 7 has finally been released, I went out to buy the game and spent a few hours playing it! Apparently, I got some bonus credits and three cars that I can redeem. Needless to say, I'm liking it so far. Is it silly that I ended up shedding a few tears when the intro came up? It's absolutely beautiful as it oozes passion for cars. Oh, it also happens to be the 25th anniversary of the Gran Turismo series ever since it started way back in 1997. It's great to see how far it's come. :)
Anyway, I thought I'd show it along with the other ones in the series. Please ignore the mess on the PSP case, we got it second-handed years ago lol. Sadly, I don't have 1 and 2, but I have extremely vague memories of playing it by driving up to a wall in reverse for whatever reason. I'm very glad that my dad got me a PS4 at the start of 2022 and that 7 would be out for the system as well (PS5s are still pretty rare and I refuse to pay scalped prices). Speaking of which, if it wasn't for my dad who got me into the series in the first place at a very young age, I most likely wouldn't be talking about cars at all. So I'd like to thank him for that. 😊
View attachment 432474
Gran Turismo 3
Admittedly, I have no idea what car is featured here. According to a couple of sources, the car featured is an Acura CL 3.2 Type S! Here's the back for a better view. Fun fact: In other regions, more specifically the PAL version, the box art is different.

Gran Turismo 4
Perhaps the best game in the series! Anyway, the car featured here is a 2005 Ford GT!

Gran Turismo PSP
I'm pretty sure it's a Chevrolet Corvette C6.

Gran Turismo 5
Thanks to its iconic gullwing doors, this car is a 2009 Mercedes SLS AMG!

Gran Turismo 6
For years, I thought it was a Nissan 350Z. Boy was I wrong. The correct answer is the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray!

Gran Turismo Sport
It's a 2015 Mercedes AMG GT-S!

Gran Turismo 7
This is an interesting one. Both cars shown here are just concepts meaning they pretty much only function in the virtual world. The one in blue is a Porsche Vision Gran Turismo while the one in red is a Mazda RX Vision GT3!

I haven't kept up with the series as I only have a PS One, but I definitely still have and have played Gran Turismo 2. I remember finding it crazy that it had to be split over two different discs. It's thanks to my Dad that I knew about it as well as he's the one that originally bought the PS One and game that he has since given to me.
Post automatically merged:

• It's a rainy day, I love rainy days
  • I made it through a really bad panic attack last night and was able to eventually get to sleep, I woke up today feeling a lot better
  • My replacement remote for my TV is being delivered today. I literally have not had a remote for my TV I use for gaming for 3 years, it's so annoying because that's the only way to control the volume so I've rarely used my Xbox One X in the past few years because of that but now that I can actually control the volume and hear things I will be a lot more motivated to get into some games again on there! :D I don't know why I waited this long to buy a replacement.
  • I bought an authentic piece of art from Redd in ACNH today
  • A new episode of my favorite Pokémon podcast came out

Your favourite Pokemon Podcast doesn't happen to be It's Super Effective? I just finished listening to this week's episode and it always makes my day. :) So I had to ask.

Last edited:
Back