• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

My brother's family adopted a new puppy some months ago, but haven't really put the effort in outdoor training her. It's been annoying me how much they get pissed at her for having accidents indoors so I took the initiative to train her. It's been going really well! She was too scared to go down the stairs just a few weeks ago and now she's practically skipping each step! She goes to the bathroom whenever I take her out now; though, I do have to sit out there and wait for her to do her business. She won't step off the porch unless I'm out there within sight of her haha. Just makes me happy as I never really took responsibility with training the family dog growing up, and I can see how all the attention has been effecting the puppy. She gets so excited whenever she hears me coming, always wanting to play and follow me around... whatever the pet equivalent of baby fever is, I'm feeling it (a friend argued that she's basically my dog at this point though hahaha).

It’s 74 and sunny today. I am trying a bomb pop inspired seltzer from a local place and it’s pretty good. I also have my screen door open. Bob’s Burgers comes onat 8:00 and it’s a new one! I also feel like Heartstopper was the show I needed to pick my spirits up. I forced myself to go jog a mile and some change and walk the rest of the way after.

❤️I’ve been accepted into two wild bird rehab programs. One is for raptors/birds of prey. The other one is a rehab for small birds and wild songbirds. I am a little bit overwhelmed with the decision of having to pick which one I want to go with, but Im just so happy and grateful to have two opportunities to help rehab and educate others on these amazing species. It just fills my heart so much to be able to help save these animals, as animals have saved me so many times.
🧡I slept a lot this weekend which felt good. It’s rare I can have a full two lazy days before getting back to the office.
💛I got a couple shipments in that i’ve been waiting for. So many fun things.
💚I’ve had a few good low anxiety days and have been able to really relax and focus on my hobbies.

-I'm watching American Idol right now. I'm hoping Noah Thompson wins. Everyone is very good this year, though!
-Completed some orders for my shop!
-Hung out with my little brother most of the day. I cut holes for windows in the huge box I gave him. He decorated the inside and wants to sleep in it tonight. I don't question it.
-Fed the two strays that have been coming up to my house.
-My sunburn is finally going away after 5 days.
-Went grocery shopping. I got two bags of Sweedish Fish for 88 cents, which is amazing. I also saw my brother there. He works there, so he helped me find everything I couldn't find.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really well again last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I woke up with no back pain again today.
- I got to watch another episode of Bridgerton. I'm halfway through the second season now and it's getting really good.
- I had an Oreo Cone this afternoon.
- I spent a nice day at home with my husband and my dog.
- I did some more self-care.

I’m very excited for the hockey playoffs. I’m not too confident in anyone in the west taking out the Avalanche, but as we learned in the past, anything can happen. I’m just excited my favorite team is in the playoffs this year.
My friend told my dad I really comforted her last night and it made me happy. I’m usually the one being comforted as opposed to being the comforter, but I’m really glad I was able to help.
I finished up at work early today so I got to leave a few minutes before my shift ended. I’m also starting two hours early tomorrow so I’ll be able to get some extra pay in.
I saw and got a long hug from my favorite person today! This happens a lot but it made me extra happy today because it was stressful as hell last night and we talked for a bit today, as well.

my birthday is tomorrow so my family and i had a nice lunch today before i headed back to the dorm :) then when i was unpacking at my dorm, i found a cute little birthday card hidden in my things!! this year's going to be my first birthday away from home so i'm glad it can still be special :D

my birthday is tomorrow so my family and i had a nice lunch today before i headed back to the dorm :) then when i was unpacking at my dorm, i found a cute little birthday card hidden in my things!! this year's going to be my first birthday away from home so i'm glad it can still be special :D
Happy early birthday! I hope you have an amazing day tomorrow! <3

I’m very excited for the hockey playoffs. I’m not too confident in anyone in the west taking out the Avalanche, but as we learned in the past, anything can happen. I’m just excited my favorite team is in the playoffs this year.
My friend told my dad I really comforted her last night and it made me happy. I’m usually the one being comforted as opposed to being the comforter, but I’m really glad I was able to help.
I finished up at work early today so I got to leave a few minutes before my shift ended. I’m also starting two hours early tomorrow so I’ll be able to get some extra pay in.
I saw and got a long hug from my favorite person today! This happens a lot but it made me extra happy today because it was stressful as hell last night and we talked for a bit today, as well.

I'm excited as well! Didn't find out until recently that the Dallas Stars will be back in the playoffs! As a wild card team though. We'll be taking on the Calgary Flames, hoo boi. I haven't kept up with the Stars much this season, but I will be watching them in the playoffs for sure. Good luck to the L.A. Kings! 🏒

I was a little bored today so not a lot of stuff today.
  • I ate pizza from Domino's after seeing a 50% discount when ordering online. I felt full for quite a while.
  • I played Metroid Dread and obtained a new powerup!
Goodness gracious! This purple EMMI can apparently see through walls meaning I can't just hide behind one. Seeing its line of sight already made me nervous. To top it off, it can hear you no matter where you are in the EMMI zone, so I had to make a mad dash for my survival and it was absolutely nerve-wracking, all while doing so underwater lol. I've also reached this point in the game where these X parasites are swarming all over the planet. Apparently, Samus is immune to them and can even use those parasites to restore health and ammo upon defeating them. They come in red, green, and yellow, so I can't help but think that she's eating them like candy gummies LOL.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and did a couple of custom races. I messed around with the settings of the Dodge SRT Tomahawk X which is extremely powerful (had over 2500 horsepower) but made its top speed laughably low at roughly 30km/h. I made all opponents drive them and were constantly redlining their engines at a snail's pace sounding like a swarm of angry bees. Because of this, you could win against them even with a shoddy grocery getter lol.
  • Made more progress in my project once again.
  • Listened to some music and one of them almost made me tear up with happiness.

i’ve been pretty quiet here (and in general lol) this weekend as i’m still not doing great mentally and am feeling pretty fatigued. however, instead of beating myself up over it and/or forcing myself to do things i don’t have the energy for, i used this weekend to just relax and let myself feel my feelings. i’ll do my best to start getting back on track tomorrow, but for now i’m happy i allowed myself to disconnect for a few days. <33

also, sorry for spamming ya’ll’s notifications again LOL.

friday (04/29)
cuddled with alize. 🖤
C65CF1D8-A042-4B78-B2D3-7F344E98432C.jpeg
FD8D8030-93DA-4537-BCA4-D3F5A1418203.jpeg
got high.
went to all of my classes and completed my unit 2 test in philosophy! i honestly don’t think i did that great on it, and i didn’t even have time to complete the last question, but i still tried my best and that’s all that really matters. :’)
did some self-care.
tried kraft’s milk chocolate peanut butter wafer bar for the first time! it was a lil messy since the peanuts on top kept falling off lmao, but it was pretty tasty! i enjoyed it. :)
discovered a new favourite tiktok.

yesterday (04/30)
had 2 sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches from tim horton’s for breakfast/brunch, and they were delicious! this was also my first time having them since my teeth extractions, and chewing them wasn’t too hard!
cuddled with alize. <3
got high.
did some self-care.
it was announced that the ballad of songbirds and snakes (the hunger games prequel) movie comes out november 17th, 2023! i’m super excited! 😄

today (05/01)
got high.
cuddled with alize. <33
discovered a few new favourite edits.
read 4 new fanfics that i enjoyed!
did some self-care.
changed my calendar to may! i’m honestly really bad at changing my calendar, especially when i’m not doing so hot mentally lol, so i’m proud of myself for doing it!

I got some new underwear and shoes, two things which I have a hard time finding types that I like here but desperately needed. The underwear is because I found that Hollister does Gilly Hicks sets here (first time buying it but seems comparable to what I used to get) and the shoes are just basic block slip-ons from GU but I want to use them for work since I've been living on 1 pair of shoes this whole past year...

Once I visit the US though I'll be buying a ton of both.

While looking through my journal for meeting notes, I came across a page of heavily critical and self-loathing content I wrote dated April 3rd. Every few days I'll see that page and curse myself out, consider tearing it up, and then ultimately leave it alone. But today when I saw it I realised I can't relate to it anymore. And it's because of someone new in my life. So I added an update to the bottom of the page, dated it, and it feels like closure after four extremely difficult months. I feel lighter and happier than I have in a long while. 🖤

Back