• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

• My friend and I made plans to go watch the new Dr Strange movie next week! 😊
  • I tried some loose leaf Earl Grey for the first time today and it was much nicer than the stuff you get in tea bags
  • I also have my last class of the year at university tomorrow! (not my last day though since I'll probably still go to the library to do work and I'm going on an overseas trip with them next month)

Over the last few days:
  • I took my final! I'm so glad its over with!
  • Got to play some of the Nintendo Switch Sports Game and it was fun!
  • Allergy season will hopefully be over soon and I can stop being a zombie.
  • This weekend we are putting up a small temporary pool for the summer and I'm sooooo excited
  • I found some pants I really like over the weekend which is great because most of the rest of mine had holes in them lol.
  • We are getting sushi (one of my favourite foods) this weekend to celebrate my class finally being over!
  • I get to start thinking about what topic I'd like to do for a graduate school project. I have a few ideas and I'm excited to start researching them!

I'm feeling a lot better since earlier, especially with regards to what I have and where I'm at both professionally and skills-wise. I'm also about to groom myself, which will help make me feel better as well. I started my outlook today feeling really negative, but now I'm starting to become more and more positive as the day goes on. Anything can change! 😤

20220503_135829 (1).jpg

20220503_135829.jpg

I was walking home through a nearby industrial park and I came across what I thought was a small Winnebago motor home but upon closer inspection it was actually a Winnebagel motor home.It gave me a chuckle.

I got some more work done on my pfp requests! I'm hoping I'll be able to get the next couple done tomorrow.
The DVD set of the first season of Durarara!! arrived today! My mom and I have been wanting to re-watch it, so I'm looking forward to doing that soon!
I finished the Finale route in Dairoku!! 😭 It was a great way to wrap up the game, and I really liked that the whole cast got some time to shine in this one. It's a little bittersweet being almost entirely through with the game now, but at least I still have some flowchart completion to do before I'm really done with it. I'm also happy that completing the Finale route unlocked some trivia about the side characters! Especially since one of my favorites is tragically unromanceable.

That’s so awesome that your mom enjoys watching it with you :); I hope you have fun rewatching it! It is one of my favorites! :D

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find the dvd set at? I have been struggling to find a dvd set of the first season that is compatible with US devices for a few years. If you don’t feel comfortable answering, I understand and am sorry!

Today not much happened but I’m pretty happy still :).

Both of my kitties were sleeping on my bed with me when I woke up today and they are now both sleeping on my bed ☺️.

My mom made us biscuits; she said she can make some more tomorrow if I want :D. I used to like biscuits from a mix but ever since she made some from scratch, I can’t get enough of her biscuits. They’re so good with honey :).

I got that flaming hot mountain dew yesterday that @Croconaw mentioned here and I actually like it a lot though still not as good as Baja punch, Baja Blast or liberty brew. Much better than the lemonade one and the gingerbread flavored one though :).
(still need to cut down on pop more 😅).

Someone I just recently started following has been posting updates of this kitten her daughter rescued from a shelter and how things are going on between her kitten, who is a bit nervous. Really heartwarming to see them adjusting to each other; the kitten looks very sick but from reading the comments, that is how that particular breed looks (still broke my heart seeing how it looked like when they first adopted the kitten). Look at the clips made me feel like I was watching Mel getting used to Spanky & Jewels again (made me a little sad obviously but also very happy too 🙂).

My cats love their new hammock thing and their new toys!
Here's Maybelle with one of the catnip mice
279832821_5394638120547487_5474636540622829350_n.jpg

• Watched the rest of Superman: Man of Steel and really enjoyed it
  • I went to the library and picked up my requests (a book, some manga, and two DVDs)
  • I'm having some coffee ☕
  • Feel good mentally, getting back to exercising regularly starting tomorrow morning
  • Got some cleaning done today
  • Played some Pokemon Legends Arceus
  • Working on getting Pietro to move onto my island in ACNH

Whenever I look outside my window I'm treated to a view of trees filled with beautiful pink blossoms! 🥰🌸 I watch as the petals come off whenever a playful wind rolls by, carrying the petals to many new adventures, such as landing on people's hairs, on the puddles (it was yet another rainy night yesterday) and a few petals even said hi to me today as I was on my way to the bus stop. It made me stop to admire the trees, because they won't be pink for too long as the green leaves soon take over. When I see the trees so full of life, that's how I know it's really springtime~ it fills me with such a happy feeling knowing that, despite life being so harsh, nature always finds a way to persevere. I want to learn to be like that, too.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept deeply again last night.
- The weather was nice for most of the day. There was a thunderstorm but it passed quickly.
- Despite several problems coming up at work, I completed everything that had to be done today.
- My allergies are finally starting to clear up and I'm feeling better physically.
- I can tell my anti-anxiety meds are helping and keeping me calm even when life gets crazy.
- I spent some nice quality time with my husband and my dog this evening.

That’s so awesome that your mom enjoys watching it with you :); I hope you have fun rewatching it! It is one of my favorites! :D

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find the dvd set at? I have been struggling to find a dvd set of the first season that is compatible with US devices for a few years. If you don’t feel comfortable answering, I understand and am sorry!
My mom was the one who ordered this one so I'm not entirely certain, but I think it was from Durarara USA. c: I remember we talked about it since it was advertised in the back of some of the novels.

Today definitely felt a bit like Christmas—the two limited edition merch sets I pre-ordered a couple months back both arrived at the same time!! ;v; I got some buttons (and now both my corkboard and ita bag are looking pretty full), some small acrylic stands, some mini art booklets (with at least one short story included—it's in Japanese though, so I can't read it yet ahaha), some bromides and a message card, a microfiber cloth, a clear file, and a couple cloth tapestries! There's also some sort of drama CD code, if I can figure out where to use it and assuming it's not region-locked. ^^;
I'm so glad I went through the extra trouble to get ahold of these; they were totally worth it and I'm super thrilled with everything. My walls are definitely looking a little less empty too.
I got a couple more pfp requests done! ^^
I've officially finished Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani as well—I did the last bits of flowchart completion I needed to today and unlocked the last completion CG! Some of the alternate scenes were quite fun, too. I really loved this game and its characters; definitely one of my favorite otome. 💜

late-night post since i got a bit caught up doing some things haha, but i had a pretty good day! 😊

had to have alize in my room for a bit as some people came by to repair some minor flooring damage in the living room, what used to be my grandmother’s room and my dad’s room. i usually don’t like alize being in my room for extended periods of time as she tends to get into everything + tries to eat things off the floor and the tiny paint bubbles on the wall, but she actually did really good today!! we cuddled for pretty much the entire time she was in my room. 🥰
none of these photos were taken today, but i found them while going through my phone and i don’t believe i’ve shared them before, so… enjoy the baby. <33
8FBEE179-7389-441A-A5CF-118C8BE11BED.jpeg
6C7BDA85-3380-42E9-9630-0E36B2D8B832.jpeg
F0704C51-B5D4-4385-849B-94E904D1D00E.jpeg
tidied up my room a bit.
did some self-care.
got high.
had spaghetti bolognese from the pickle barrel, which i’ve been craving, for dinner!! it admittedly wasn’t as mind-blowingly good as it was last time (probably because i wasn’t as high as i was last time, either lmao), but it was still very good!! it also came with a caesar salad that i plan on enjoying later, though i don’t imagine eating the croutons will be too easy given my still-healing teeth extraction sites. 😅
discovered a new favourite edit.
cleared up a bit of storage space on my phone.

I slept very well last night and I got to see my favorite dog!
I’m finally talking with my one friend on Snapchat. She couldn’t read my sloppy handwriting, but it’s settled now.
My close friend cheered me up tonight! I wasn’t stressing, really, but I did feel uneasy about that dinner with my mother and grandmother on Thursday. And sometimes all you need is someone to listen to your bull**** at 2:00 AM. ♡
167E95FF-8958-4377-802D-9863969A835A.jpeg

first of all I just woke up and last night was the first time in god knows how long I went to lie down in bed and I was actually comfortable and anxiety free for once, and I fell asleep really easily. it was so nice 😊

second, I just got on here and??? I have a strange doll now??? the lovely rainbow lad himself??????? I'm honestly speechless. I feel like I don't deserve it bc I know I mentioned something yesterday about feeling left out bc I work really hard for everything I have (that final boss feather literally drained about 28.9k tbt from me, nothing to sneeze at). I'm very pleased with all my collectibles but there have been a lot of sacrifices made to get them. then @BluebearL surprises me this morning with a strange doll??? I've been wanting one since it was first released! the sheer amount of generosity in this community is amazing, I'm so grateful to be here and spend my time with everyone. I don't even know what else to say, except I will absolutely treasure him forever, thank you so much @/BluebearL!!!! 🥰🥰🥰

first of all I just woke up and last night was the first time in god knows how long I went to lie down in bed and I was actually comfortable and anxiety free for once, and I fell asleep really easily. it was so nice 😊

second, I just got on here and??? I have a strange doll now??? the lovely rainbow lad himself??????? I'm honestly speechless. I feel like I don't deserve it bc I know I mentioned something yesterday about feeling left out bc I work really hard for everything I have (that final boss feather literally drained about 28.9k tbt from me, nothing to sneeze at). I'm very pleased with all my collectibles but there have been a lot of sacrifices made to get them. then @BluebearL surprises me this morning with a strange doll??? I've been wanting one since it was first released! the sheer amount of generosity in this community is amazing, I'm so grateful to be here and spend my time with everyone. I don't even know what else to say, except I will absolutely treasure him forever, thank you so much @/BluebearL!!!! 🥰🥰🥰
So happy you like it! Honestly thought it would look really cool with all of your feathers. The rainbow aesthetic is too good. It's been awesome spending time with everyone here for me too, enjoy the doll!!
Edit: trying to keep things spontaneous as well so thought I'd do something completely out of the blue.

As for my happy thing today- I absolutely nailed the gnocchi I made tonight. Cooking skills are getting there, very important in my family lol.

Last edited:
since heartstopper came out on netflix, the graphic novels have exploded in popularity and have been sold out everywhere. and i never got around to buying them when they were coming out because i just read them online or through the library, but since i enjoy the series so much i figured i should own the graphic novels.

today i go into the bookstore and they have one (1) single copy of volumes 2 and 3 which have been sold out practically everywhere for the last 2 weeks. i already had volume 1, so this was perfect.

then after that, i got lucky and found volume 4 online where some bookstore was selling it for $8 so now that’s on it’s way too!

Back