• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I bought some seedless grape plants to replace the ones that died last year when I transplanted them and there are tiny buds growing on the ones that survived so I know some lived.

I also picked up a bunch of special drill bits for sanding, polishing, and so forth for my antique treasure chest. Going to get started that soon. Really looking forward to making it look rustic, yet clean and sharp looking. It's going to be a lot of fun. I have before and in-progress pics. Almost feels like those videos where someone shows their progress and journey of fixing and restoring an old relic.

I finished mulching around all of my gardens, now pesky weeds can't easily overtake them and I am going to plant marigolds all inside the mulch to deter any pest that thinks my garden's are their free buffet. It'd be one thing if they ate the whole veggie, but they like to take nibbles out of each piece!

I'm in the process of upgrading and redoing my home. Currently looking at countertops. I found one that is very nice looking and the prices weren't as high as I thought they would be. Going to do a lot of the work on my own. It's going to be a lot of fun!

@Autumn247 How is your sister's cat taking to her new home? She looks lovely!

@xara Alize is very cute! Wish I could pet her lol.

@xSuperMario64x AND @BluebearL GIFTED ME DINO PLUSHIES WHILE I WAS ASLEEP LAST NIGHT! IM TOTALLY NOT CRYING I MIGHT BE JUST A LITTLE. THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! THIS HAS MADE MY YEAR!! (SORRY IDK IF ITS RUDE TO PING BUT I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH TO BOTH OF YOU!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!)

i started learning blender a few days ago and i like my progress so far, im watching youtube videos doing the basic stuff like learning the hot keys. im following blender guru’s tutorials where he tries to make a donut and they are so helpful.

• I woke-up to a voice message that was simultaneously sweet and hilarious. I replayed it three times and just lay there in bed laughing before responding. Great start to the day. 🌹
  • I tried to describe my chaotic way of working to my supervisor, which I compared to a unicorn vomiting a rainbow on a page, and she emails back, "I have to see this unicorn vomit!!" I laughed. So hard. She also allowed me a couple days off next week which I'm super grateful for. 😌
  • Finally managed to get God of War working digitally via the PS+ collection rather than disc. Last time I tried I kept getting an "insert disc" message - but I've no idea where it is (or if it's even here or if my Dad has it). I'm looking forward to being able to finish the game!

- The sun is shining outside and it's a nice day.

- I received more recognition at work for my contributions.

- I finished all my work for now and got a lot done.

- My partner and I have been doing very well lately.

- I've given the kitties some love and attention.

- @Foreverfox Tonight is game two between the Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns. Phoenix currently leads the series 1-0. They're tough, but we're not going to go down without a fight. It'll be at the same time on the same channel as last game. 😤

i started learning blender a few days ago and i like my progress so far, im watching youtube videos doing the basic stuff like learning the hot keys. im following blender guru’s tutorials where he tries to make a donut and they are so helpful.
I've been using Blender since 2016, it has a lot of stuff to figure out but it's quite fun to use! especially since you can download models from The Models Resource and mess around w them. I'd like to try to get better at making 3D models so hopefully I can make some models of my OCs :)

a few things today:

finally getting my laundry all done today, might not be able to put the clothes away til tomorrow (cause I'm already worn out today ugh) but just having them washed and folded is such a relief.

got yet another drawing done today, I feel a great sense of accomplishment whenever I draw because I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to draw this consistently. prob when I was in 6th-7th grade tbh. also possibly considering holding an art raffle?? 🤔

I'm having chicken and mozarella tortellini for dinner and I'm quite excited about it :blush:

still so happy about this strange doll, he's my new buddy and I'll love him forever 😭 🌈

I got a thing at the store today called "finders keepers" and it's basically like a Kinder Surprise (except the capsule wasn't inside the egg, still cool tho) and it said it came with a Spongebob toy so ofc I had to buy one!! I ended up getting Patrick and I love it lol. might have to go back and buy a few more soon, I would love to get Spongebob and Squidward too!

late-night post since i got a bit caught up doing some things haha, but i had a pretty good day! 😊

had to have alize in my room for a bit as some people came by to repair some minor flooring damage in the living room, what used to be my grandmother’s room and my dad’s room. i usually don’t like alize being in my room for extended periods of time as she tends to get into everything + tries to eat things off the floor and the tiny paint bubbles on the wall, but she actually did really good today!! we cuddled for pretty much the entire time she was in my room. 🥰
none of these photos were taken today, but i found them while going through my phone and i don’t believe i’ve shared them before, so… enjoy the baby. <33
View attachment 440367View attachment 440368View attachment 440370
tidied up my room a bit.
did some self-care.
got high.
had spaghetti bolognese from the pickle barrel, which i’ve been craving, for dinner!! it admittedly wasn’t as mind-blowingly good as it was last time (probably because i wasn’t as high as i was last time, either lmao), but it was still very good!! it also came with a caesar salad that i plan on enjoying later, though i don’t imagine eating the croutons will be too easy given my still-healing teeth extraction sites. 😅
discovered a new favourite edit.
cleared up a bit of storage space on my phone.

I’m so glad you’re doing better ☺️💜🫂. Give your kitty hugs & pats for me 🙂; such a pretty girl 🥺💜.

My cats have that same tunnel!

9D4821CC-7303-45B3-8D76-0302CC3A55C8.jpeg

Mustachio is wearing her new bowtie collar! I'm so happy she's wearing it and doesn't mind it, she looks so cute :D

Also Maybelle has been coming out a lot more, I left them together all night again and they did fine :)

I’m so glad things are progressing well with your kitties! ☺️💜 I love that bow tie! So fitting for a tuxedo cat 😍💜.

Not much going on today but today was pretty good :).

I’m working on a small drawing for a friend and am happy about how it is turning out so far :). Also a little excited about an art project idea that I’m considering doing :).

Spanky is being sleepy in the plant again, also to my dismay since i want her in my room 😔.

EFCE3746-7498-4116-A822-6D6738E12465.jpeg
2551E7CC-7EDF-4F22-A2A8-4298A7A828FF.jpeg

sorry they’re flipped 😅.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply again last night.
- The weather was warm and sunny today.
- I saw the bunny in my backyard again and it let us get really close to it.
- I had a good appointment with my massage therapist.
- I got a call from my doctor and my follow-up labwork is looking better. The first labs showed I was anemic but since I've been taking iron supplements my red blood cell count is improving.
- I had mozzarella sticks for dinner tonight.
- I'm looking forward to reading before bed.

I'm happy that the Bolts got their first win of the playoffs tonight, bouncing back after a disastrous game 1 to tie the series at 1-1 (even if it was more stressful at the end than I would've liked)! Hopefully they can build on this win going into Game 3.

Today is a good day! The past couple of days were pretty uneventful for me.
  • I woke up around the time I usually do for a few things, but I opted to get some more sleep after and felt really good having more energy! It also set up a positive mood for me throughout the day.
  • I watched a couple of rough collie videos and got cutified by them. I even showed them to my mother.
  • I played Gran Turismo 7. Recently, someone discovered that there is a cat hiding behind a wall just outside of the racetrack. I had a look to confirm and it's true! I did some time trials after and completed a race that was tough to win.
The cat can be found on the bottom right. For those who are curious, the car pictured here is a 1973 Lancia Stratos. And yes, there's even an advert containing dogs on the top left lol.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220504141754.jpg

Here's a closer look! It doesn't have a name, though, so feel free to come up with whatever you think! I parked there for over a minute and it didn't even move at all. This cat must be fake haha.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220504142100.jpg
  • I ate Subway for lunch with waffle fries!
  • I have once again made more progress in my project! I did a bit of math looking at my checklist and I'm roughly 25% finished despite getting more art pieces done. I've started it since late March and at this rate, I might finish somewhere around August lol. Regardless, it's making me very happy making them, and I can't wait to present them when that time comes!
  • The weather got sunny in the afternoon! It started out rainy in the morning and I'm glad to have soaked in the sunlight when I had to go somewhere.

had another uneventful, but pretty good day today! i’m happy that my mental state is slowly improving. ☺️

took a much-needed shower and changed into some clean clothes!
changed my aesthetic on here! i’ll probably only keep it for a month or two as i have a different idea planned for summer, but i really like it! i wasn’t sure how i felt about it at first as it’s a bit more soft and pastel than what i’m used to, but it’s slowly grown on me a lot throughout the day! i’m especially really digging my lineup. 🥰
i didn’t get to bed until around 4-5am this morning, but i actually slept really well and deeply! i think showering before going to bed really helped me feel better and get a better night’s (or morning’s 😄) sleep.
obtained the dreamy party popper collectible for a fantastic price! thank you so much again, @Koi Karp! 💚
cuddled with alize. <33
like the ones i shared yesterday, these two photos weren’t taken today, but i found them while going through my phone so i figured i’d share them. 😊
1651723536896.jpeg

1651723559746.jpeg
got high.
my mom bought quite a few snacks for me while she was out, including some hostess chocolate cupcakes that i’ve been craving for a while!
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.

- I made a chickpea korma for my mum bc she's been wanting one for a while now! We'll be having it for dinner tonight with some peshwari naan from our local Indian place (takeaway naan bread is 100x better than any store bought) 😋

- I went and voted today! Not to get political but I hope the Tories get absolutely wrecked in this election :mad:

- Got an email about a meeting next week for the trip I'm going on with my university!

- Overall the weather today has been lovely, v sunny and warm

I received a very nice message and some bells from @Mr_Keroppi today. It made me smile.
Although, the Kings got annihilated last night, the Dodgers won their baseball game and I’m okay with that.
That dinner with my mother and grandmother wasn’t that bad. I didn’t talk and minded my own business.
My favorite person got me seven Pokémon eggs! I like the element of surprise that she doesn’t tell me what’s in them.

• I bought a bright coloured blazer and the most beautiful dress today. I rarely spend money on material things these days so it was nice to be able to do so. Also got a free face mask in Lush!
  • So, I had an absolutely awful afternoon. It left me furious, which was also frustrating because I had a date scheduled for straight after. After a bit of stewing I messaged one of the higher-ups, who I had been in a meeting with earlier, to vent and we chatted for a half hour. I felt much better for it. And I was so grateful that she calmed me down because I was running quite late for said date by this point!
She was mock angry with me at first. Turns out the little gift I had for her (D&D dice set) was enough to smooth things over. She gave me the perfect opportunity to present it too:

"And what time do you call this?"
"I'm so sorry. Will this pretty rock I found make it better?"
"Oh my god it's gorgeous! And it's a D12! Where did you find it?"
"In this little box with all these other ones. I'm not sure what they're for though."
I'd debated whether or not to bring the dice today or wait for our fourth date in a few days, but ultimately I'm glad I opted for today, not only because I ended up feeling bad about making her wait but because she had brought something for me too - it was the sequel to the book I mentioned I was reading on our first date. Also, I spotted like an hour in that she had "Coffee Date <3" written on her hand. She blushed when I commented on it. I've no idea where this is going but I'm really enjoying getting to know her. 🖤

-I watched Poofesure's latest video, I enjoyed it!
-I played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today!
-I'm really loving my Zelda sweater that I'm wearing!
-I worked on my History timeline for school, and I'm almost done!
-I finally have the confidence to say that I'm pretty/beautiful! I've been calling myself ugly for the longest time, but I'm glad I have a change of heart now. This is pretty huge for me! :giggle:

Today hasn’t been very good thanks to anxiety about the moving process, but I’m still happy about a couple of things:

Earlier, S.J. surprised me with an adorable drawing ☺️💜. It was so incredibly thoughtful and sweet of her. She also drew Mel with the chicken hat on her too 🥺.

I got the house to myself today so I enjoyed the quiet until now.

I am glad my parents did not see any houses they did not like today.

It really made me happy to see how many people reacted to my art project thread I’m in the process of making :). ☺️ I’m a little nervous since I have never opened commissions before or did a project like this, but I think this will be a lot of fun ☺️.

There was an issue that i was experiencing in one of my games but I found out that it was not just me that was experiencing it so I’m happy that that means they’ll hopefully fix it (though they still haven’t fixed one smaller bug and it has been a month or maybe more now).

Back