• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I got to clock out a little early from work tonight and it wasn’t as busy as I thought.
I can play a few online matches tonight on Madden 22, since I don’t have a reason to wake up early tomorrow.
I got some chicken nuggets and fries from McDonald’s tonight with a strawberry milkshake.
The Los Angeles Kings can even the series tonight against Edmonton if they win.
I love my friend. I sometimes question my friendships with people in general but I genuinely feel I can trust her.

Today I'm happy because:

- My dog seems to be feeling better today. He was sick last night.
- I got to sleep in today, which I was very grateful for after being up with my dog until 4am.
- My dog was very playful and loving when I woke up this morning.
- My husband wished me a Happy Fur Mom's Day!
- I got to watch another episode of Bridgerton. Only 2 more to go and then the wait for next season.
- I think we made my mom's day special. She enjoyed coming over for a visit, playing with my dog, and was really surprised and happy about the cake we bought for her.
- I took a nice, relaxing shower.

I've finally beaten Fuga: Melodies of Steel after a while owning it on my switch and enjoyed it quite a lot. I'm glad I picked up the game when I had the chance to.

I've brought some new books recently and started to read more the past few days, managing to finish a few books in the process. I still have lots of unread books I own that I need to read, but hopefully I'll get to reading them overtime.

• Took the girl I have been dating for a while out to an evening of parasitology talks. This is my field, for context (she is also a scientist, but different field). And she was very interested in the content! I was surprised by that.
  • I finally asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes. 🖤

- Despite having a rough day to start off, both my partner and friends have been very sweet to me today. I'm feeling a lot better because of it. :giggle:

- I've been helping my family out with things more and even helped my deliverer take groceries up the steps to my house. They said they appreciate it and that not everyone does that, and it made me happy.

- I've always been one to think about how my actions and words affect others. I know "defense mode" is part of my Aspergers, and I can't really ever completely erase it. I know when things get really heated in a situation, however, my emotions sometimes take over. And it's at those times that I need to take a step back and just remember how I'd want the real me to respond. I know that once I stop being a liability towards myself and have more confidence in myself, there'll be absolutely nothing that can stop me. 😤

- I got some more cute pictures of Pippi. In fact, she's in my room right now. :D 🐱

Haz9d0z.jpg

UHf4QFX.jpg

I had a nice relaxed day today!
- Hashed out some plans with my friend for our meet up on Wednesday. I'm so happy we randomly bumped into each other 2 months ago 😅, it's been nice having her in my life again

- I finished a PowerPoint presentation for uni a couple of days ago, which is a relief...too bad I still need to record audio for it though lmao

- Tonight I made some leeway with an essay! It's due in around 9 days and I'm determined to finish it before my birthday 😤 It's not very good but I keep reminding myself it's a first draft (and the last essay of the year,,,)

I had a pretty good day today

• Spent some time outside
  • Spent a lot of time playing games (Stardew Valley and The Sims 4), had a ton of fun
  • A new episode of my favorite Pokémon podcast came out so I listened to that
  • Had some onion rings tonight! :D
  • My cats were being adorable today as usual 🥰
  • Watched a couple episodes of Pokémon
  • Read some manga
  • Right now I'm listening to some music and relaxing with a cup of tea until I decide to go to sleep
Post automatically merged:

- I got some more cute pictures of Pippi. In fact, she's in my room right now. :D 🐱
Your kitty is adorable, I used to have an all orange cat, her name was Annie :)

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply again last night.
- After a cold and rainy weekend, the weather was warmer and sunny today.
- I didn't stress too much over my work today and got the highest priority items done.
- I got someone to cover for me next week so I can take the week off.
- I was craving Nacho Fries so that's what we had for dinner tonight.
- My dog has been on his best behavior today.
- I'm looking forward to reading before bed.

@Autumn247 Nice! I started playing Stardew Valley last year. It's a lot of fun. Reminds me of Harvest Moon.

@Venti Pippi is very cute! I like the name!

I got a lot of yard work done today and yesterday despite the rainy and windy weather. It stopped and warmed up for the remainder of the day yesterday and after work I got some more done. I planted marigolds all around my vegetable garden, replaced most of the dead herbs around my trees, almost finished bordering my gardens with rocks, and stringed line through the poles of my grape rows. They're not tall yet, but I wanted to get it done before the vines get too big.

Still got a lot more to get done, but slowly checking off the list! Then it's smooth sailing. My asparagus roots that I just planted also have baby stalks growing from them already!

It's been a while since I last posted here because I was feeling like utter garbage yesterday. While I'm not entirely 100%, it's definitely better than yesterday. I'm trying my best to hang in there. 😤
  • After I dropped off my mother at work, I saw a goose chilling on the top of a building nearby. It made some noises and even moved its long neck around which I find amusing.
  • I went for a walk that lasted for around 45 minutes as exercise and to drop off the Zelda manga I finished reading yesterday at a library. I even saw a Bernese fog on my way home and is probably bigger than its owner and myself lol. Did I mention the weather was also pretty nice?
  • I continued working on my art project and it felt like I made lots of progress! I finished five things on my checklist to be specific. I did a little bit of math again and I'm roughly 35% done!
  • Feel free to skip this point. Today, I might've spotted a Mercedes-AMG GT S! This is from a few days ago but when I went to pick up my sister from school, I most likely saw a Fisker Karma Ecosport! I actually saw this already sometime last year but considering it's quite an obscure car, it's a miracle at all to see it again. I don't need to explain how I knew this car's existence in the first place lol. However, there's a good chance it could be a Karma Revero instead (and technically a different car). Long story short, the Fisker Karma had horrible reliability, lawsuits, and other dramas were involved which ultimately led to the company closing down not long after. Eventually, it would get bought out by a different company that would revamp the car to fix many of its flaws. Aside from a few visual tweaks, its appearance pretty much looks the same as its predecessor. You can watch this video to know more if you're somehow still curious. I dunno, it makes me happy learning stuff like this. And the design looks pretty nice in my opinion as it reminds me of an Aston Martin and a BMW. 😄
  • I got to play Gran Turismo 7 and won a tough race where consistency and speed are key, even though I admittedly had to nudge the AI a bit to get through. A lot of the time they don't even acknowledge my existence on the track and would usually pit-maneuver me, so I thought it would be nice to return the favour lol.

I was asleep but my brother woke me up w a video call about half an hour ago. I didn't mind though, I stayed up the entire 25 min just listening to him ramble abt school and other fun stuff he's been doing. I'm really grateful to have a brother who genuinely cares abt me and I really value our friendship so I don't mind waking up to hear him talk for a while ☺️

now I can go back to sleep~

Last edited:
It was my day off today and the weather was cool out which I prefer over the warmth lately. I got lots of quality cuddle time with my cat and got a decent amount of chores done. I was also able to buy a Jingle collectible! I already made a bunch of Christmas lineups that use it, I am very excited for the next holiday season. Rip my tiny amount of bells but worth it

I made a pizza toast today with some sausage I bought at a green market I volunteered at!

Got some studying done today, and probably going to do some more and not go to sleep until midnight since it’s a Saturday. :)
Cool! I know what the study grind is like being in college and all >_<

Last edited:
I made a pizza toast today with some sausage I bought at a green market I volunteered at!

Cool! I know what the study grind is like being in college and all >_<

I'm actually not in college anymore, but yeah, it's tough.

Back