• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

i didn’t post this weekend as i was just too tired, both physically and mentally, but all things considered, the past few days actually weren’t too bad! my mental health is in a weird spot and i’m dramatic, but i’ve still got lots to be happy about and grateful for. 😊

friday (05/06)
found out that one of my favourite fanfic writers has finally started writing the next chapter to one of their in-progress fics, which just so happens to be one of my favourites of all time!! it hasn’t been updated in almost a year because the author received some harsh comments on it (not criticism as it was just insults 😕), so i’m really excited that they’ve finally started writing it again!! the fic hurts my feelings with how angsty it is, but i still love it so much!! <33
stumbled across an extended version of one of my favourite clips on youtube!! i had no idea there was more to the video when i first saw it a few months ago, but getting to see it was a pleasant surprise! 😄
cuddled with alize. 🖤
went to most of my classes.
got high.
had 2 sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches from tim hortons for lunch, and they were pretty tasty!! my mom also brought home a dozen donuts, and they were so fresh that the icing was still wet! only a couple of the dozen were mine, but they were delicious!! 🤤
got the money from my dad that i talked about a few posts ago!! i’m still not sure what all i’m gonna spend it on (or if i’m gonna be wise and save it), but i’m excited. :’)

saturday (05/07)
cuddled with alize, and she let me kiss her head a bunch. 🥺
called a local store to inquire about something! this probably doesn’t seem like a big deal, but as someone who deals with extreme social anxiety (and anxiety in general), making phone calls (especially to make appointments and/or ask about something) is really hard for me, so i’m honestly really proud of myself. go, me. 🥳
did a new horizons trade.
my mom surprised me with a smoothie from booster juice!
found out that the harley quinn and jack skellington t-shirts that my mom ordered for me have been shipped!! :’D

sunday (05/08)
did some self-care.
cuddled with alize. <33
67E63B55-1FA7-4AB0-9410-67F5DE020B55.jpeg
my mom really liked her mother’s day present!! it honestly wasn’t much (just a few packs of these gummies she likes that she ran out of a few days ago), but she was really surprised by and happy with them, and that’s all that matters! i even got a pack for my dad as well, and bought a few things that i’ve been wanting, too. :’) overall, i’d say this year’s mother’s day was a success! i hope all of the amazing mothers in this community had a wonderful day as well. <3
discovered a new favourite edit of one of my favourite fictional characters.
read a sneak peek of the next chapter of one of my favourite fanfics!! it’s the one that hasn’t been updated since july, so getting to read a sneak peek for chapter 5 was an amazing surprise and has made me even more excited for the full chapter to be published!!!!
my lovely friend @Roxxy sent me a mother’s day carnation collectible. 🥺 i wasn’t expecting it at all (haven’t been too active, so i didn’t even notice they were in the shop 😭), but it made me so happy. 💗 thank you so much again, love.

today (05/09)
got 2x nook points in the NSO app.
got high.
ran into one of my neighbours while going back to my apartment after my smoke sesh this morning, and actually had a nice interaction with them! i admittedly don’t get to interact with my neighbours much, but i held the door open for her twice (her hands were full), pressed the button for her floor in the elevator, and she even told me to have a nice day when she got off! i was anxious (and high 😭) as hell the whole time, but it felt nice to interact with someone and not feel like i acted like a complete idiot afterwards!
tidied up my room a bit.
started the process to send my switch lite to nintendo to get its joy-con/joystick drift repaired. it started only a couple of days after i first started using it, and i didn’t think to return or exchange it until it was too late, and now the console is practically unusable. the repair unfortunately won’t be free as i’m outside of my warranty, but it’s still cheaper than what the cost of buying a whole new switch lite would be, so i’m not mad. hopefully i’ll be able to get it shipped out soon and have it back in time for the end of the school year. 🤞🏻
cuddled with alize. 🖤 she had a vet appointment today as we’ve been concerned about some issues she’s been having, but she handled it like a champ (other than trying to get out of her carrier in the car + giving the vet a hard time lol) and is doing alright. <3

Despite some concerns I have related to work, I am very happy at the moment. :giggle:

- I went to the cinema last Saturday and watched Sonic 2 with a couple of friends. I didn’t even want to watch the movie originally, but I ended up really enjoying it!
- I am really enjoying Switch Sports at the moment, especially playing it with my mom. A friend of mine also has it, and we sometimes play together online. And tomorrow I am going to see my cousin and play it with her.
- I am going to go swimming with my cousins next week.
- I won’t have to work for two weeks from next Monday on! 🥳
- Playing the guitar is going pretty well at the moment. I am noticing the benefits of my ear training and theory knowledge.

I decided to take some time for myself and go to the park with some music in my ears. It was the first time of the year where I could actually go outside with shorts considering how hot it is outside. I love it when it's hot and I can just wear light clothes. It really felt good to just sit on a bench and watch the fishes jumo out of the pond. I should do this more often.

My partner bought us a new tv and a new switch that hooks up to the tv. My current switch light has terrible joycon drift to the point where it's hard to play so I'm pretty excited to retire it. My partner has never had their own switch or played any of the games so I can finally show them ACNH. We also got new laundry baskets which somehow I'm just as excited for them as I am the new electronics. I must be getting old.

Many things to be grateful for and happy for today. 🥰

- I'll be taking care of my neighbor's dog for the next few days (he has one of the cutest copper-colored golden retriever pups ever).

- Spent some time with my mom

- Went out for a longer walk as it's finally nice outside where I am

- Continuing to learn Japanese (does there really need to be three writing systems?) 🥲

- My partner picked up our newly, masterfully restored IBM Selectric I typewriter! Stole their pic below

- Brushing up my knowledge and skills for supporting those that struggle with their mental health

- Catching up on seasonal anime (there are a lot of shows I'm enjoying this season)

Typewriter.jpg

Last edited:
- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks take on the Phoenix Suns tonight at 9 p.m. CST on TNT! Whoever wins this game will go up in the series 3-2. Let's give it all we've got and pull off the upset! If we're able to knock out the Suns, getting to and winning the championship should be a cakewalk. 😤

- My partner is being really sweet to me lately.

- It's nice weather outside.

- My work station is back up and running! Really glad about that so I can get more done now.

- I've been enjoying my hobbies more lately. :giggle:

I’m at the Dodgers game right now in Pittsburgh, and it’s basically 60% blue. The stands are pretty empty, though, lol. I’m hoping for a win since I’m in attendance. That loss last night was ugly.
7C67268C-75A9-42CE-A54A-3ECF1E0C1D56.jpeg
I was able to get off work to attend this game, and it’s nice weather out, as well.
I saw Keagan for a bit today and will see him later tonight.

I’m at the Dodgers game right now in Pittsburgh, and it’s basically 60% blue. The stands are pretty empty, though, lol. I’m hoping for a win since I’m in attendance. That loss last night was ugly.
I was able to get off work to attend this game, and it’s nice weather out, as well.
I saw Keagan for a bit today and will see him later tonight.

Looks like it's 1-0 Dodgers so far! Go Dodgers, go! I don't care about the Pirates at all, and nowhere near as much as the Dodgers. 😎

Reminds me why I haven't been watching baseball. The Texas Rangers still suck. 🥲

• Nana bought me sushi as a thank-you gift for looking after her dog
  • My mother's day gift for my mum arrived (belatedly) and she loved it
  • I've just started playing Pokemon Go again (already caught a Rowlet and Emolga)
  • Filmed a really cute tiktok (the algorithm hates my account though lol)

Today I'm happy because:

- I had another night of really good, deep sleep.
- The weather was so nice and warm today.
- My husband mowed the grass.
- I was able to train my back-up at work for my upcoming vacation time.
- I managed to get my highest priority work done despite some issues.
- I haven't been letting myself get too stressed about things and I'm enjoying the present more.
- I'm going into the office tomorrow and I get to leave early for a massage therapy appointment.
- Only 3 more days of work until my week off!

late night post as i’ve been trying to go to sleep for the past couple hours with zero success, but i had a pretty decent day otherwise! 💗

went to all of my classes even though i really didn’t want to. i’m especially proud of myself for staying in my last class, as i started feeling really nauseous at the start of it and considered leaving, but i’m glad i stuck it out as i was feeling better near the end. i’m proud of myself, and i have no school tomorrow, so i get a little break as a reward! 🥳
dealt with a stressful situation all on my own again without panicking! i’m giving myself extra props for dealing with it as it happened while i was in class, but i stayed calm the entire time, and it took 5 minutes or less to resolve! feeling lots of pride for myself today. :’D
got high. i also held the door open for a family on my way out of the building, which made me feel good.
cuddled with alize. 🖤
discovered a few new favourite tiktoks, and watched a couple that made me laugh as well!

after today i will be almost completely done with one of my courses. after this i only have a small assignment left that'll take like two lazy days to write and the big paper i'm working on is almost done as well, just a few hours on that and then i will be done with school for the year ahhhhhh. i also have to present both my larger assignments but that's nothing tbh like after the 18th i will be 100% done with school three weeks before the end of the term and that feels GREAT

Yesterday I went to the "spa amusement place" (super sento, similar to Korean spas) after work. I hadn't been feeling well recently mood-wise, but it pushed me to finish work on time to be able to catch the shuttle bus and I had a great time relaxing like in the hot rock saunas, reading some manga, going through all of the baths, blow-drying my hair fully so it looks nicer than normal, and taking a brisk walk back home. My mood completely changed thanks to this.
I was able to talk with some online friends for almost 5 hours today
Recently, I went on a trip to USJ and got to go to the new Super Nintendo World area. Nintendo is such a huge part of my childhood and it's the first time in years that I felt like I couldn't believe my eyes because of how breathtaking something was. I could've just stood outside taking it in all day. The line to the Yoshi ride also made me emotional because the scenery and music playing was from Yoshi's Island which I have a connection to. When I finally left the area, all I could think about was when I could go back someday.
I started an extensive reading contest online recently for Japanese. When I was in the lines for USJ instead of just looking at my phone after the first line I went through I read my book. I made amazing progress and the line felt like it was going faster because of it. (of course I took like to look up at the scenery too!) I read quite a bit on the bullet train back home and have been reading more since returning.
I got the Ciao Animal Crossing manga! I'd only read the first chapter in the monthly Ciao it came out in so it was nice to buy the volume itself
Was able to get a scale, shirt, and skirt that all were badly needed and exactly what I was looking for second-hand for cheap

Back