• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I didn't have to work today and I still have tomorrow off too.
- The weather was still sunny and warm most of the day.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch today.
- I got to watch the new episode of Spy x Family and another episode of Moriarty the Patriot. I'm enjoying them both.
- I'm looking forward to reading more tonight. I'm almost halfway through my book.

- I got to watch the new episode of Spy x Family and another episode of Moriarty the Patriot. I'm enjoying them both.
I just started watching Spy x Family!! It's very good so far, though I've only seen one episode!

I participated in a fundraiser to help my school's band! We played a couple of stand tunes outside Walmart from marching season. I had lost all my music for it, but I still had them memorized. The school doesn't fund anything for us. I guess they don't think the band is too important or something, which sucks.

Last edited:
I'm just posting here what happened both yesterday and today!

May 20, 2022
  • I played Metroid Dread even though I beat the game. I actually started a new game a few days ago with my main goal of trying to finish it as quickly as possible. Apparently, there are a couple of powerups you can get earlier than usual, and was able to acquire them! In fact, the devs knew that this was possible and allowed players to instakill a certain boss!
  • Feel free to skip this point. I spotted a sixth-generation Honda Accord. Shellzilla, what's so special about it? Well, it's nothing much to look at... Until you see its taillights. It bears a similar appearance to the taillights of the first-generation Honda NSX which is pretty cool I must say. Man, Honda should sue Honda for copying their designs (this is obviously a joke lol). Another car I spotted was Nissan 300ZX! I actually saw this car already last year from a far distance, so seeing it again pretty much confirms my sighting. The people inside the 300ZX looked like they were having a good time!
  • I, my sister, and mother got some frozen yogurt from Menchies! The flavours I got were Blueberry Cheesecake, Mango Sorbet, and Nutella. Yes, they actually had a Nutella flavoured frozen yogurt lol. I even chucked some marshmallows, blueberries, and a bit of chocolate syrup for good measure. It's another one of those things I haven't eaten for a very long time, so it's a nice treat! And it was on a hot day too making it even more enjoyable. I felt like I had a Zelda BotW moment consuming something cold and not sweating in the heat for a few minutes haha.
  • I completed a drawing for my art project! It's not a part of my checklist so technically speaking, I made zero progress lol. But it doesn't matter anyway, because it's actually multiple pieces in one that'll be split up eventually. More artistic stuff!
May 21, 2022
  • I did a bit of laundry today.
  • I played Metroid Dread and continued to speed through the game. EMMIs still scare me a little bit, but not as much compared to the first playthrough. Observing the red blinking on the map really helped reduce the number of times being detected by them (keep that tip in mind if you plan to play the game in the future).
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and won a race that was wet all the way through. I was struggling very badly at the beginning and stayed in last place for at least a couple of laps. After turning up the traction control a tiny bit to minimize wheelspin, I was able to move up the field little by little as the race went on. When it stopped raining with a few laps to go, a dry line was starting to form which gave me a little more grip (but still pretty wet not to warrant a change to racing tires). Combined with the low IQ pitstops from the AI and turning traction control off again, I ended up winning even though I spun out on the final lap with a few corners to go. If they didn't pit, I would've lost!
  • I made another progress in my art project. Despite starting in the evening, I ended up getting a lot of it done and will start the outlines tomorrow!
Thank you for reading my 987th text-heavy post in this thread. 😆

I had a successful day of completing chores around the house and running errands. Then as a nice reward for myself I picked up a pizza for dinner 😋 I still have a bunch of leftovers too which means more easy meals for me!

I was able to sleep comfortably last night with just two pillows instead of three!! I've been getting frustrated with the lingering symptoms of this cold and I really just want to get back to my normal routine already, so any little indication that I'm making progress is really exciting for me right now. ;v; Hopefully soon I can go back to my regular pillow.
I played Pokémon Legends: Arceus for a couple hours today! I completed a few more requests, made some good progress on research, and caught a few more Alphas too.
I was also able to get the remaining ACNH NSO icon elements for May!
Wound down this evening with some more Style Savvy: Styling Star and unlocked the hairdresser!

@Sophie23 It looks great! Nice work!

I got Tropical Freeze for free. Work gave me these special points. I couldn't find anything on their site that I could afford and a lot of the games were kind of iffy, but I've never played this Donkey Kong game, so it will be fun to try it!

My asparagus plants are sprouting tall thin baby stalks. It's kind of cute lol.

The only good thing about today is that I was having a slightly ****ty day and my favorite person bought me Chinese food and brought it back to my work when I was having a bad day and I love this girl. She calls me Blue Streak and she wrote it on the box if you look closely.
8AC5347B-087D-4405-A3A9-1FBA693CA154.jpeg

2277C254-F595-4627-B393-664258B3BA1D.jpeg

Last edited:
My partner got the new job which he had an interview for last week. Now he can quit his current job where his manager talks transphobic crap behind his back and move on to a better place. At his new job the interviewer was wearing a "they/them" pronoun pin so we had a good feeling about it.

I hope your day gets better if not today, tomorrow 💜. I’m happy that you had at least one good thing happen; that was so thoughtful and kind of her ☺️.

I received a really kind message from @TheDuke55 and a snow bunny 😲! I’m super touched and at a loss of words because I was not expecting it at all. The thought behind it and the message made me really happy too since I’m sure they had their own things to worry about yet they still chose to reach out to me. Thanks Duke! ☺️💜 Sorry if this sounded weird; I have trouble articulating my thoughts. If you aren’t comfortable with this being public, I can remove too. I just wanted to thank you again since I really did not expect even a message. :)

My dad will be going with my mom to visit my sister and look at houses (🤞 they don’t find one). Peace & quiet 🥳 and no more walking on eggshells for the short time.

Just feeling pretty good today :).

Earlier Spanky kept waking me up to give me kisses ☺️; I love her so much.

Sorry to hear about your rough day @Croconaw but dang that meal looks really good! It's always nice to get a pleasant surprise like that.

@Dunquixote You're fine and your post is good. You articulated it very well! Just wanted to do something nice. Take care and have a nice evening with what is left of your birthday weekend!

Today I'm happy because:

- I got some decent sleep last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- My dog got really playful again this morning when I woke up.
- I didn't have to work today.
- The weather was nice and warm this afternoon. The storm didn't roll in until after I was done walking my dog.
- My dog spent some time laying with me on the couch.
- I fulfilled my craving and had an Oreo Cone for dessert this evening.

got to visit my brother today. he seems to be his normal self now so I'm hoping he will be released tomorrow. I won't stop worrying until I know he's home and safe, though I know he's safe where he is right now. I just really miss him and I wish I could go visit him at his apartment. I know he shouldn't go until he's ready but I'm hoping things go back to normal soon.
with that I also got to meet a friend of his (and his wife and kid) and they seem like really great people. they're kinda the opposite of my parents, my parents are really conservative and uptight and my bro's friend are really liberal and chill and laidback. wouldn't mind hanging out w them sometime.
I finally have a chance to watch Poofesure's new video :)
got a ton more cleaning done today, and we got a couch moved out of the basement into the living room. it's not the prettiest couch but hey it's so nice to finally have a live-able living room again!!
yesterday my dad finally replaced the toilet and tap in my bathroom, feels so nice to finally have my very own bathroom that I don't have to share ☺️ (though if my mom wanted to use it I wouldn't say no)
talked to the manager at my potential job yesterday and they're still interviewing people but they have me on file so I know they're still very much considering me ^^

May 22nd, 2022
  • I flew into Boston this morning! Very early flight, but I had such a nice flight c: I played Animal Crossing: Wild World most of the way there.
  • I got my laptop once I got settled in to my friends house! I had my laptop shipped to her place because I didn't think it'd get to my house in time by the time I left for my trip ;w;
  • Went to one of my favorite restaurants (probably only in the state of Massachusetts + New Hampshire), called The Ninety-Nine. I love it ;v; I got stuffed shrimp with corn and broccoli! So delicious.
  • I went to CVS to buy some foundation for my Mitsuri cosplay, as I forgot to bring my makeup with me... and some other things (toothbrush, razor, etc). I love shopping T^T Even if it's for necessities.
  • Tried on my Mitsuri cosplay once I got everything assembled! I look so good, just gotta style the wig and figure out a makeup look. ;;
  • Going to the beach tomorrow! I'm so excited to take the T/train/subway again! I love the T ;v;
  • Tried the new Summer Redbull! It's surprisingly really good!!!
  • Took a nap! It was much needed, as I only really got two hours of sleep today. >w>
  • and to finish it off... I got to try a new alcoholic beverage :0 It was a little too strong for me, and it made me really tipsy bc I drank it on an empty stomach xwx It was still good though!

It's another good day for me today. :)
  • I got to watch the Formula 1 2022 Spanish Grand Prix! It was fairly eventful with Max Verstappen and George Russell duking it out against each other for some laps. Though, I felt bad for Charles Leclerc not finishing the race due to a mechanical issue through no fault of his own. And he was leading the race comfortably. Oof. I'm just glad it wasn't a boring race, and I hope Leclerc bounces back again very soon.
  • I cooked some food with my mother today. It tasted delicious!
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and went on a small cruise around a track for a change of pace. I turned off the HUD and went into first-person view for the immersion.
  • I finished an art piece as a part of my art project, finishing the outlines, colouring, and shading in one sitting! I also finished another piece, but it wasn't without any technical difficulties. It took me quite a while to figure out some problems to the point it almost made me want to eat a shoe. Thankfully, I was able to resolve everything in the end and will keep some things in mind for my other art pieces going forward to avoid headaches haha.

My family and I caught up on One Piece today! We missed last week's episode because my mom and I were both still so sick and didn't feel up to anything. It was nice getting to watch two episodes back-to-back again though!
Played Style Savvy: Styling Star some more this evening, and unlocked the beautician's!
I was finally able to track down some rare artwork of one of my faves that I knew existed, but couldn't find anywhere for the life of me. ;v; The hunt for a higher res version will continue, but I'm honestly kind of glad that it's real and I didn't just dream it lol.

I don't know what it is about this place, but I can't seem to leave. I was on the verge of leaving for awhile and someone taught me a very valuable lesson... one that I had almost completely forgotten. Geez, what a drag. Looks like I'm going to be on TBT for even longer. I love you guys. 😂

I also had a great weekend with friends. :giggle:

• Got a substantial pay increase
  • Doggo has been under the weather but seems back to same spirits today which is reassuring (though still have vet appt lined up later this week)
  • It's raining
  • Happy to be off work
  • Have all the components for the father's day gift I'm working on
  • Little guy is moving around like usual which is also reassuring since I'm on watch for an early induction

Back