• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

• I've been exercising! Been doing 45 minutes on the treadmill, weight exercises, and resistance band exercises every day :) So proud of myself. Plus I've been eating healthy
  • From working out I've been gaining some muscle in my arms, which makes me really happy because they've been very weak and not developed at all
  • I've gotten myself onto a great sleep schedule. I'm asleep by 10pm every night and up by 5am every day.
  • Went to the grocery store today and managed to get everything on my list, have some good food in the house now
  • Have been keeping on top of cleaning my apartment
  • Got everything I needed to get done today done already so I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want
  • My kitties are so sweet ❤️
  • About to relax with a cup of coffee and some Stardew Valley :)
  • Tomorrow my apartment building is having food and games to celebrate memorial day, so I'm looking forward to that (we're celebrating early because the apartment manager won't be here on the actual day of and isn't here on weekends)
  • Talked to my sister on the phone yesterday, was nice to hear from her!

• I've been exercising! Been doing 45 minutes on the treadmill, weight exercises, and resistance band exercises every day :) So proud of myself. Plus I've been eating healthy
  • From working out I've been gaining some muscle in my arms, which makes me really happy because they've been very weak and not developed at all
  • I've gotten myself onto a great sleep schedule. I'm asleep by 10pm every night and up by 5am every day.

Hey, that's great! It sounds like you've been taking good care of yourself. :giggle:

Busy weekend! Few things I'm happy about today (and the past couple of days):

- Finished putting new mulch in my parents' wrap-around garden (my mom tries to do this herself every year but ends up hurting herself - wanted to get ahead of that this year)

- Went to the beach with friends

- Enjoyed a nice BBQ with friends & went to get ice cream after

- Finished my recent book, The Guest List

- Found and started a new book, The Salt Road

- Finished writing a letter for my partner's birthday that I'm looking forward to him receiving

- Saw newly-hatched gosling on a local walking trail (I took a video so no pics, unfortunately!)

- Had fun playing Mario Kart 8 yesterday with fellow TBTers and getting (sometimes) crushed online

- Watched a great movie with my partner, Everything Everywhere All at Once

- Sold a game I had been wanting to sell (and thankfully to someone whose son had been eagerly wanting to play it!)

- Spent some time applying to a few more organizations

- Finished a few loads of laundry

- Made plans for lunch and a shopping trip later this week

- Continuing to make progress with learning Japanese (week three!)

edit: I lied, here's an action shot of the geese and one of the littles:
ClHE8zT.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very happy that the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Florida Panthers 2-0 today to sweep them and move on! Definitely didn't expect this going into the series, but it feels really good that they crushed their main rival like this. One step closer to a three-peat!

I'm very happy that the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Florida Panthers 2-0 today to sweep them and move on! Definitely didn't expect this going into the series, but it feels really good that they crushed their main rival like this. One step closer to a three-peat!

me just a second ago:

"Oh, my dude Kilza posted in the happy thread. Alright, I think I know what this may be about."

*Googles the NHL*

*proceeds to wave my fist in the air while screaming yes*

Congrats!! 😂 :D

😬 it’s been a bit, ya’ll. i haven’t posted this past week as i’ve honestly been really struggling and uh, challenging some unpleasant thoughts (ya know, the usual lol). i posted about this on my profile already, but i’m gonna be taking a step back from tbt for a while. idk for how long, but i’ll definitely still check in at least a couple times a day! i wanted to post about all the good things about this past week before i left, though. :’) ily all, see ya’ll later. 🖤

tuesday (05/17)
went to both of my classes and answered a question correctly out loud in one of them!
cuddled with alize. <3
got high.
a situation i’ve been really anxious about regarding school was finally resolved, and actually in my favour as well!! as i predicted, both my current and former guidance counsellors got back to me too late, but as i emailed my current gc about this issue last week (and prior to the deadline), he says he’ll talk to the admin about it and sent me the form i needed!! i’ve yet to hear back from him about anything further, but i think things might actually be okay! 😄 what a weight off my shoulders haha.
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.
tidied up my room.

wednesday (05/18)
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed.
went to one of my classes (i skipped the other as my usual teacher wasn’t going to be there) and had a relatively calm, decent day.
cuddled with alize. 🖤
tidied up my room.
impulsively went with my mom to help transport an injured squirrel from our city’s animal shelter to an animal rescue centre in a different city. neither of us have ever done something like this before, and it was... quite an experience lol. the squirrel was in what i’m calling a “dessert takeout box”, so i couldn’t see him/her, and the ride was a challenge as it took almost 2 hours to get there and was in an area my mother’s never been to before. stuff like that tends to make her freak out (which she obviously couldn’t do since we had an injured squirrel with us), but she actually managed to keep her cool for the most part, and we found our destination without too much trouble. never did get to see the squirrel, but the animal rescue centre was housing two donkeys and two chickens!! the lighter donkey owns my entire heart; they’re so precious, and they even sniffed my hand!! 🥺 we also saw a heron on our drive home as well. on the way back we stopped by booster juice for a smoothie and subway for dinner, and picked up some, uh... 🍃 as well. 🤣
1653415453630.jpeg
1653415427363.jpeg
2FC3180D-FC45-4ECC-9571-5E1F31518C43.jpeg
got high.
my living room finally has air conditioning!!

thursday (05/19)
cuddled with alize. <3
got high.
discovered a few new favourite videos.
read 2 new fanfics that i enjoyed.
my mom bought and gave me this weird squishy dinosaur toy from the dollar store for some reason. it’s so squishy that it’s moldable, and i had a ridiculous amount of fun molding the dinosaur into all sorts of weird shapes lmao. i’m such a child. 💀

friday (05/20)
discovered a new favourite tiktok.
got high.
tried store-bought red velvet cake pops and nutella b-ready wafers for the first time! the cake pops weren’t the greatest tbh (the chocolate coating kinda tasted like soap, and the cake didn’t really taste like anything at all lol), but the wafers were quite tasty!! i would definitely get them again. :’D my mom was also kind enough to get me some chocolate milk while she was out.
we didn’t get a chance to cuddle today, but look at herrrr. 🖤
9D72CDAB-C444-4608-8F5B-0807A88757F7.jpeg

saturday (05/21)
got high.
did some self-care.
discovered a new favourite tiktok.
tidied up my room a bit.
@Beanz was kind enough to sketch my acnh island rep for me, and it turned out adorably!!! i can’t believe how talented this community is oml. 😭🖤 thank you so much again!
D47E1BE0-FDED-44A2-AE1A-AD74A9763BE1.png
look at this sweet little baby. <3
A6BF1DE2-B0EE-4E2B-A7B2-3B210EA90677.jpeg

sunday (05/22)
got high.
discovered a new favourite tiktok and watched a tiktok that made me laugh.
did some more self-care.
my mom went out and got some stuff that i needed before the stores closed. <3
tidied up my room.

yesterday (05/23)
cuddled with alize. 🖤
attempted to finally go to canada’s wonderland with my mom today, and it... absolutely did not go well lol. i’m so out of shape that i didn’t even make it to the actual park, only the parking lot, and turns out my shoes are much more unsuitable for me than i thought. the heel just makes my ankles burn way too much after only taking a few steps, and one of my toes kept rubbing up against the inside to the point that it started bleeding. :/ the day wasn’t a total bust, though. we went to the mall across the street and found a new pair of shoes for me that i like and that fit much better. i also got a red velvet milkshake that was quite good, and a cobra squishmallow named hectico!!
F6AEB790-D7ED-4097-BD31-E5D4864A4451.jpeg
D53CFD47-A22D-49FB-BE2B-3F0C799E26D1.jpeg
77473FD8-6548-4954-8A3D-DC6D4F7CD300.jpeg
73EFBD3A-5B22-4958-A782-2C3CDBBACBE3.jpeg
got high.
discovered a new favourite tiktok and watched a tiktok that made me laugh.
my lovely friend @Rairu sent me a plate armor diy in acnh!! thanks again, friend!
wrote something for the first time in a while!! it’s not my best work, and it definitely sounded a lot better in my head haha, but i’m proud of myself and feel good about writing regardless!
tried kfc’s s’mores brownie for the first time!! the marshmallows were a lot gooier than i was expecting and weren’t stale or hard at all, and the overall brownie was pretty tasty! i’ve definitely had better, but i wouldn’t be opposed to eating it again. :’)

Got my two 60s dresses in the mail! That yellow 70s suit still seems lost in space, but hopefully it will come ... one day!

Signed the contract for a permanent employment at my current workplace. Still feeling bit unprepared with all things that comes with it, but I like my tasks and hopefully stuff won't be too hard! :D

Sorted out a thing with a co-worker as well (and my boss cause had some ideas that doesn't really work with us lol) so I feel good about that.

our living room is actually liveable again and I'm so excited to be able to sit on the couch and watch TV in a nice clean room with a brand new floor 😭😭

there's still a lot of cleaning to do over the next few days but the progress we've made on this house is astounding and I couldn't be happier!!!
Post automatically merged:

also I'm eating cherry jello and it's really tasty 😋

Today hasn’t been great but still had some good things happen.

I got the okay to order the Plague Doctor Squishable as part of my birthday present. :D. The Squishables are having a sale (it was a 26 hour sale) for their anniversary, so it was half off. ☺️ Been wanting it since they first released them.

88C11E70-0721-4519-BF39-7E3F4587E66B.jpeg
Spanky loves giving me kisses ☺️; some days she wakes me up licking my face lol. She also loves to plop at my feet ☺️.

Been depressed since last night since my mom told me they put a bid on a house, but my kitties are helping me cope as best as I can. Kitties are way too good to me 😭.

Another game that I play is having a persona 5 collab soon; it actually kinda depresses me since i have no crystals since they don’t give daily crystals or gems like optc, but perfect time for me to make a new account since my luck has been terrible overall for two years, so this may turn out okay even if not on my original account (i should have rerolled during attack on titan collab; need levi so badly).I need them all especially morgana 😭; i love how it shows their all out attack artwork (morgana’s is my favorite).

Been finding a lot of cute kitty pictures on twitter ☺️. Kitty pictures and art make my day.

I'm happy about the fact that I don't seem to have caught covid o.o

Over the weekend I went to a friends party, and it turns out that someone there was covid positive. But I have no symptoms so I think I dodged a bullet. Phew.

I'm also happy about the fact that it's a sunny day today because it's been raining for days here.

Our family's catering business had the opportunity to pitch to be a potential vender in one of the sports stadiums out here, it went really well since word is already getting out about how good our food is. So I'm happy about that. This is my dad's dream and I'm so happy to see it coming true for him.

I took Bakubun in to get his yearly check up and to check out his foot because his dew claw looked sideways. I was a little worried something bad happened to it, but the vet said that it must just be a thing he was born with and that his foot is not hurt. He also got a clean bill of health and now weighs about 3 pounds he's still a little guy. I also took in a Betta fish and got him a much bigger tank to live in with plants. It's going to be hassle having to do daily water changes because the tank isn't cycled, but it makes me happy to see him in a much better place one with a filter and heater. I busted out my plant grow light and I'm exited to fill it with more plants and things for him so he can live his best life because I think he deserves it after living in a 2 gallon tank with a mirror on the back of it.

TODAY WAS AMAZING!

My parents went to the grocery store today and bought me some stuff! I got some M&M cookies and because of @LittleMissPanda's recommendation I tried fruit snacks for the first time in forever! THEY WERE SO GOOD AND YUMMY :lemon:
I played some more New Leaf and did some Beetle hunting just now and got 200K extra!!!!!!
I called my Nanna & PoPo and they are doing great!
I colored some more in my coloring book and made a delectable looking Cupcake!
I ate some fresh fruit today!
I got to visit the pool today and it was lots of fun! We also got a Pineapple floaty thingie and its super squishy!

In the end I had tons of fun and I am going to relax and sleep the rest of this amazing day! I hope you had a happy day too!!

Today I'm happy because:

- I survived another difficult day of work and completed an hour long required security awareness course that I've been stressing over (just hard to find that much time during my work day).
- I'm going into the office tomorrow and they are providing pizza for lunch.
- I get to leave work early for a massage therapy appointment.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this evening.
- I watched another episode of Moriarty the Patriot. I'm loving that show!
- I get to read more of my book later tonight.
- I took a hot shower and put on some comfy warmer pajamas since the temperature dropped again.

Back