• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

IMG_20220527_112402.jpg

i connected all of this
(full pic of mountain action canyon set the one on left)
1653665212674.png

it was fun but some engines cant run on all of it.

today is the first day in over a week that I actually don't have to clean anything and it feels so nice!! 😵
there are obv still things that need to be thrown out in the dumpster before w have to return it next week but I love being able to just sit at my desk and watch tv and relax for once! I haven't been able to draw anything for almost 2 weeks so now I'm back working on more drawings and I'm really excited about them!!

also love when people share their interests with me, seeing them happy always makes me happy too :blush:

This is going to be a week summary because I've been a little absent lately:

• I had surgery on Monday, it went smoothly, and then I had the stitches removed this morning and the nurse said it looks to be healing well with no signs of infection. It's the first time I've had a proper operation like that and so I've just babied the wound like a healing tattoo and my method appears to be working.
  • Rediscovered a love of sea shanties and traditional music from my home country. I was dragged up by British sailors (might explain a lot about my manner 😂) rather than in your standard family unit so it puts me in my happy place. 🏴‍☠️
  • Despite severe anxiety in public speaking settings, I gave two presentations this week discussing the outline for and relevance of the lab work I'm carrying out over the next few months (I work with parasites and tax-payers fund our teams research) and after the second I was complimented on how I delivered and structured the content. I had one objective with these talks - and I met it.
  • I saw my girlfriend on Wednesday. I was in a meeting at the time we agreed to meet, got to the pub late, and she was already there with a glass of wine ordered for me. She's having a hectic week at work and she told me the next day it had really helped her to destress with me that night even if we had to deal with a homophobic couple at the adjacent table and apparently scared them off - sorry not sorry! I'm showing her around my hometown tomorrow as per her request and it's going to be so fun. 🖤
  • Got the platinum trophy in Planet Coaster on PS5 last night! 🏆
  • Managed to pick up both Two Point Hospital and Cities: Skylines on sale for £20 this week on PlayStation. They are two of the games I miss most from when I had a computer so I'm looking forward to playing them again.
  • I've gotten back into FFXIV after my Dad treated me to the collectors edition of the Endwalker expansion license (we run dailies together when we're both active, but I've not been able to (a) afford it or (b) had time to play much lately). I also decided to fork over the £5.75 to overhaul my character because they've released the male Viera since I last played (image in the spoiler below). I was playing a female character up until now but fancied a change. I imagine him coming across as cocky, a little slow, and youthful. My main jobs are bard and dancer when not my dad's personal healer and they actually feel more fitting for him than the old design. I've also kept his former name (Merle) because I'm not sure if/what I want to change it to yet.
  • merle_1.jpeg
    merle_2.jpeg
  • I managed to get my favourite wine on sale today. Quiet night in planned in with that and video games. Not too much though - plans tomorrow! 🍷

took my mom to the doctor's office and while we were there I weighed myself, I'm still maintaining my weight so I'm very happy about that :) would still like to try and drop some more, particularly in my hips, but I'm much happier now than I was before I lost weight.

also despite having a mild headache I'm happy that I can spend the evening drawing and hanging out with the doggo and cats ☺️

edit: also I've been watching my sunflowers grow the last week or so and I love them sm!!! I've been keeping an eye on this one in particular, can't wait to see how tall these beauties get!!!
20220527-172205.jpg

Last edited:
Today I finally got around to watching Squid Game and i can’t believe i haven’t watched it yet. Until now I thought it was a staged game show where people fight each other to the death but I found out it’s actually a story with a plot. I just finished episode 6 (the one with the marble game) and it actually made me cry. I thought I was going to hate it but i’m really surprised how much I ended up enjoying it.

It's been a good day today even though not a lot happened.
  • I'm continuing to make more progress in my art project! I've actually got a couple of pieces done, even though one of them was started yesterday and had the majority of it done. Man, I'm trying very hard to restrain myself from revealing what it is lol.
  • Feel free to skip this point. This was actually from yesterday, but I saw a Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1! Not gonna lie, I thought it was a C8 at a quick glance since they both look similar, but the rear wing gave it away.
  • I was looking through the notifications on my PS4 and apparently, online will be free over the weekend without having to pay for membership! If you have a PS4 or PS5 and don't have PS Plus, think of this point as a friendly reminder! I'm gonna take this opportunity by participating in online races in both GT Sport and Gran Turismo 7. Can't wait to get sent into the shadow realm by rammers.
  • Speaking of which, I played Gran Turismo 7 and did time trials, but the twist is that I drove under rainy conditions. As an added challenge for extra pain, I turned off ABS (which is short for Anti-lock Braking System) which means the tires are more likely to lock up if I apply too much brake pressure. To summarize, I locked up my tires numerous times sending me straight off the track, had to countersteer many times, and 95% of the time I wasn't applying full throttle even on the straights (you start to lose traction the faster you go and even aquaplane in some cases). While all of this is absolutely terrifying in reality, maintaining control in the virtual world is pretty fun and satisfying when putting together a fairly clean lap. I'm definitely no professional in the wet like Ayrton Senna. 😅

Today I'm happy because:

- Despite a couple of tornado warnings throughout the day, all we got was a bad thunderstorm and all of my loved ones are fine.
- I've been stressed all week because of work and feeling a bit more pain because of it, but today I felt relaxed and had almost no back pain.
- I got enough work done today that I don't have to stress over coming back from the long weekend to a complete mess.
- My sister-in-law texted me some pictures of my youngest nephew. He graduated pre-K today and looked so proud.
- I got to leave work early for a chiropractor visit that went well.
- One of the girls at the chiropractor office showed me some cute pictures of her new Siamese kitten named Pixie.
- My dog was very sweet and loving today and my husband was very patient with him when he got upset during the storm.
- It's Friday and I have a 3 day weekend, then I only work 3 days next week before another long weekend!

I’m kind of freaking out because my favorite person set up a date with me and this person I’ve high key been crushing on. Basically, my favorite person told her that we (a few coworkers) were all going to see a movie and that I wasn’t too interested in the movie, so her and I could go see a different one. She was all over it and like “hell yeah” almost immediately but she has a boyfriend so I’m not sure if this is such a good idea right now, but I’m really looking forward to it. We don’t know the release date of said movie, but I’ll let her know whenever. If this date works out, and I’m not sure if I can really call it that even though it’s just the two of us, I really owe my favorite person. I’m freaking the **** out, help. I’m smiling, though.
I had fun on my two days off. If you’re wondering how the above happened on my two days off, my favorite person told me whenever I came in for food. And the funny thing is, I’m not even mad at her. Just a shame that she had the nerves to set that up and I didn’t, lmao. I had fun seeing her, though!
The girl I have a “date” with was surprisingly enthusiastic when responding and we talked for a bit tonight. Although, she has a boyfriend so I’m in a bit of a pickle, it seems.
On a different note, I had a mexican pizza from Taco Bell for lunch and it was good. I’ve been going to Taco Bell a bit for their Dragon Paradise drink. It’s delicious.

I watched three more episodes of Shaman King today! I can't believe I'm already halfway through the last set of episodes aaaaaaaaa
I got to play quite a bit of Style Savvy: Styling Star this evening! I've made quite a bit of progress (in fact, there's a lot going on at once now ahahaha), and I think I'm doing well with the in-game achievements so far as well. c:

Back