• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

MY FAV MANGA WILL OFFICIALLY CONTINUE YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I have been a fan of Miura's for about a decade and his sudden death last year destroyed me 😢 Today they announced that his lifelong friend and his studio are going to continue the manga. The announcement was so touching and honestly made me teared up.

I've been having a terrible week and this news truly made my year. The feels...

u0DwEVn.png

June 6:

- Had matcha bubble tea which is one of my (many) favorite things
- Enjoyed a nice long walk
- Played SSBU with a longtime friend
- Completed an Excel course (I'd only consider myself an intermediate user and want to learn more advanced data analytics formulas for everyday use)

June 7:

- The weather is beautiful
- Went on another great walk and saw a lab puppy
- Went out for dinner with a woman I adore. We chatted for two hours and she ended up treating me. Looking forward to the next time we get together so I can treat her to one of her favorites!
- Chatted with a few old co-workers
- Parents sent some pictures from their trip to Newfoundland that I was excited to see (pic below of a big Canadian moose!)
- Started a new book, The Salt Road

285042269_1764875573889308_4727297393729128987_n.jpg

two heckin awesome things happened in pocket camp!!

first, I got a free Azalea's train cookie at the fortune cookie stand, and I got a second train conductor's hat. I really like the hat but I was a bit disappointed as I wanted the outfit to go with it, so I planned on buying a box of cookies for 250 leaf tickets so I could use my stamps and get the conductor's uniform guaranteed. but before I did that I decided to open the free cookie I got from an event a while ago, and that free cookie happened to contain the uniform!! talk about lucky!!
second, I was opening gifts from friends and one of my friends sent me a Sanrio gift (which I didn't even know was a thing I was so hyped to see it) and I got a Keroppi fan!!! it's so cute and I love it!!

anyways so here's my boy Daniel wearing the train conductor's uniform/hat and holding the Keroppi fan, def one of my favorite outfits in this game now :blush:
Screenshot-20220607-201241-Pocket-Camp.jpg

MY LOOK-ALIKE AND NICK (MY WII SPORTS CRUSH) ARE FINALLY DATING IN MY TOMODACHI LIFE GAME, I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT RIGHT NOW 😭
Since I'm writing a fic based off of my Tomodachi Life game (specifically about those two Miis), it's gonna make the story a lot more interesting 😁
Edit: Decided to add a screenshot of the lovebirds <3
1654649505688.png

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- I slept really deeply again last night. According to my husband, our dog barked when he came to bed and I don't even remember it.
- The weather was pretty nice today, cloudy but warm with a nice breeze blowing. It never rained like the forecast predicted.
- I got to see a couple of the neighborhood dogs and cats while walking my dog, including an Akita.
- I'm still reviewing the prior work I've done on my novel and I've been happy with a lot of it so far. It needs a few tweaks, but that's to be expected since it's a first draft anyway.
- I'm really getting back into my writer's mindset, observing everyday things from a literary point of view, 'writing' little scenarios in my head just for the fun of it. It feels like I've recaptured a piece of myself that I lost over the past few years due to anxiety and depression.

⟡ I’m happy with how the fake tattoo turned out. It actually looks real and you can’t really tell it’s not a legitimate tattoo.
6851430A-80C1-4A6D-B770-B7AF4AF5C403.jpeg
I am riding an Amtrak bus for the first time! I’ve never been on their coach busses before, so I’m interested in seeing how they work. I’m at the Airport waiting for it to pick up.
I had lots of fun in Vegas, even with getting bugged for an ID a few times. I found some candy that I was unable to find locally. My dad bought me some food today, as well.
I’m excited to be taking the Amtrak train once again. I really do not like planes and my last plane trip will hopefully be my last.

Today I briefly had both my kitties curled up in my lap!! ;v; I think Rat mainly just wanted to cuddle with Boo though—she got annoyed with his presence and left, and he immediately got up to follow after her lol.
I got to play Style Savvy: Styling Star on breaks today! It's a really great breaktime game honestly; the in-game days are typically fairly short, and you can save at almost any point too. I've been trying to take more high-quality breaks, so I like having fun things that I can also put down quickly.
Played DQVIII for a bit this evening and got Red in the party! Still need to get her set up with some equipment, but I'm glad to have the whole group together now.

Yesterday 6/7/2022
  • Went grocery shopping, got everything on my list
  • Got on the treadmill
  • Watched a couple episodes of Yugioh and a couple episodes of Kotaro Lives Alone
  • Had cheddar Jalapeno poppers for dinner, so delicious :)
Today 6/8/2022
  • Had whole grain waffles w/ some maple syrup and some fresh raspberries on the side for breakfast with coffee, great breakfast! :)
  • I finally slept good after barely any sleep for several days, so I feel a lot better
  • Listening to music right now and drinking coffee before I start my day
  • Getting on the treadmill and doing some other exercises later
  • Taking a walk to the store and the library later
  • Doing some laundry and cleaning up my apartment today
  • Should have some time later in the afternoon/evening to watch some shows and/or read some of my book

- Resolved things with my family finally. Going to be talking to my business partners and accountant soon. So excited!

- Work is going well and I'm a lot more involved now. I love being able to listen to music while working at my own pace!

- The weather is nice outside today, albeit the sun isn't out, but at least I can hear the birds chirping!

- My partner has continued to be sweet to me.

- Almost a full week of consistent sleep! I'm in a lot better mood and more like myself because of it. :D

I was able to get two functioning GameCube controllers for free.

Also, even better, Animal Crossing: City Folk arrived today, and I still have my old save data from 8 years ago! I was so happy to be back in my old town. I was worried that I had lost it because I couldn’t find the game.

I am currently looking for AC: GameCube on eBay and other platforms, and that’s kind of exciting.

I am so glad I still have my Wii. It’s so cool to be able to play all the old GameCube and Wii games.

I ended up being able to hang out w my friend today and it was such a great time!! we went to the park to play on the playground a bit, and we also walked on a decently long trail, then we went and got ice cream at a local parlor downtown! we were only together for about 2 hours but it was a really great time and I hope I get to see them again this weekend :blush:

also I've expanded my new drawing idea and the concept I have in mind is a little ambitious but hey, no pain no gain! I gotta push myself when I'm drawing 💪😤

I had off of work today and actually slept for a good bit. I was well rested today.

I was able to exercise today as well as work in my gardens which was a lot of fun and very relaxing. Even if it was super hot and humid.

If all goes well I should have a lot of packages making their way to me tomorrow or sometime this week. Which I hope is the case as I had to purchase live plants that aren't sold or grown where I am from. So it will be exciting to make a little terrarium with them.

Other then that I mostly played a lot of games that I've had on the backburner and started to watch One Piece where I left off on the funmation dub. It was fun getting back into it. Kind of a lazy day, but I needed that after all the hectic work days.
I was exploring Vegas today and found ended up finding some interesting stuff. I only purchased two energy drinks so far. I don’t plan on drinking them. The Bakugo one is tempting, though, because orange is my favorite flavor. The only problem is, I’m unsure if that’s what flavor it is, though.
Bakugo's flavor is actually nitroglycerin sweat.

It's recap time!

June 6, 2022
  • After dropping off my sister at school, I saw a rough collie walking with their owner. I will never get over the fact that they're cute and fluffy.
  • I completed a piece for my art project and started on another one!
  • Got to play Gran Turismo 7 for a little bit just to drive in the rain. Seeing my opponents slowly aquaplane into a wall is funny. In fact, I even saw one of them spin out on the track map. Using slick tires in wet conditions is not a great idea lol.
  • I finally played New Leaf again after not touching the game for three months according to some of my villagers. Speaking of which, none of them moved out which makes me happy! I eventually played hide and seek with them, with Tipper choosing the worst spot ever and finding her in literally under 10 seconds lol. Pro-tip: Never hide behind a tree near the town plaza.
June 7, 2022
  • There was torrential rain, but I oddly find it relaxing. Later on, the sun came out and it was nice.
  • I got to play a little bit of New Leaf.
  • What was it again? Oh yeah, more progress on my art project!
June 8, 2022
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and this one car caught my eye in the dealerships where they got cycled in today: a 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe! This didn't appear in GT Sport oddly enough, but I'm glad it returned to the series once again. If you played Mario Kart 8, you may already recognize this car, though that game had the roadster version. Anyway, I bought it, painted it blue, and made a livery for it. You already know where this is going haha.
Thought I'd just stick on some Mario Kart related decals that someone else thankfully made.
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - West End_.jpeg

Goodwood Motor Circuit__1.jpeg

Goodwood Motor Circuit_.jpeg
  • Feel free to skip this point. This car has already been mentioned previously, but I saw a Toyota GR Supra. While it's a Toyota, the car is powered by a BMW engine and apparently, some people are getting their pants in a twist for reasons I don't quite understand haha. For a car that hasn't been mentioned yet, I spotted a McLaren MP4-12C! Finally, a McLaren that's not a P1 or a 720S. It was getting a little annoying seeing those two cars almost exclusively from the brand if I'm being brutally honest, so to see the MP4-12C is such a breath of fresh air! Yes, this car appears in Gran Turismo. Not gonna lie, it looks like the car is smiling lol.
  • I made more progress in my art project and I'm quite happy with how this particular piece turned out. The anatomy isn't too bad from what I can tell and the momentum I've been having over the past few days is great. Getting one piece done and another underway in a single day is really helping me inch closer to completion just a little more quickly. Let's do this! 😤

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept well again last night.
- I went into the office again today and got to see a few more of my coworkers.
- I took a morning break and went for a walk outside.
- The weather stayed nice all day. We never got the thunderstorms that were predicted.
- I got to read quite a bit on my lunch break.
- I'm sort of happy and nervous about this, but my boss asked me to mentor one of my new coworkers. I'm always nervous about interacting with people I don't know well, but I'm happy that my boss is that confident in my abilities to help out someone who is new to the job.
- I'm happy with the amount of work that I accomplished today.
- I got to leave work early and had a good appointment with my massage therapist.
- I came home to a clean house and my dog was so excited to see me.
- My dog snuggled up to me on the couch this evening.

I went on a nice long walk to the grocery store today. It was great weather for the walk and I went a different way than usual to make the walk extra long. On my way there I saw a super cute family of gophers, a mom with a lot of babies who were running around and playing 🥰 At the store I found some limited edition flavour potato chips and I am very excited to try them! (Probably later tonight) I got two different flavours: barbecue x sweet chilli heat and dill pickle x white cheddar.

Back