• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

I keep having hyper-realistic dreams of me completing mundane tasks or sending emails/messages to people, only to realise days later that it never happened and it was only a dream 🙃

So many doctors appointments lately, they leave me nervous and drained. My appointment today wasn't until 5PM and it was at the hospital so I cleaned my house like a madman today trying to distract my thoughts. It just ended and it was fine yet I still have the jitters.
I feel you, things like doctors appointment and dentist appointments, stress me out so much .___.

Reactions: oak
i'm worried my candidate degree won't get me anywhere in life. idk if i can even apply for a master at my own university and department because my education isn't technical enough and is mostly just philosophizing about the implications of technology. i don't learn anything aside from the basics of programming and an introduction to computer science and i feel like it's too late to switch to something else but also this is so stressful and idk what to do because if i keep studying this i will have no way forward. i could take complementary courses in CS possibly but the degree i'm working toward feels worthless

seriously the courses i've taken this year have been a psychology course, a requirements engineering course, participatory design, and now communication science and ethics??????? and i will take analytical perspectives and aNOTHER scientific writing course later this term. i already took scientific writing when i studied a term of english at the same university but a different department. tell me what company will want to hire me when i come to them like "hi i know nothing about computers but did you know that 95% of popular apps use several dark patterns in their design and that's unethical" LIKE BRO . i don't even learn that much about designing myself, just what's bad and what Big Bad Companies do but it feels so shallow and like anyone without a degree could say that.

i'm not saying HCI or UX aren't legitimate topics of study but the degree i'm working on in HCI is like. not worthless but not good enough. this is made even worse by the fact that i have to start looking for a job a year from now because i probably won't be able to take a master's degree and i feel so unemployable and terrible

i could technically change my degree, i guess. idk. this sucks and it stresses me out to think about, it's so much easier to study and do my coursework and not think about the future but at the same time i need to get somewhere using this education and at this moment in time it seems hopeless. i know people with the same candidate degree have gotten jobs as interaction designers but like. i'm an imposter and know nothing wtf

Apparently Japan Post stopped sending EMS to x number of countries which is... lowkey understandable since they might need to find other flight routes other than over Russia/Eastern Europe but I think it's a bit weird not to inform earlier and also where they basically had my package done sigh. Now they also claim "due to coronavirus" ... err I've ordered stuff from there the past 2-3 years and it has been fine but, okay.
Post automatically merged:

I need new 80s songs 😩

you're welcome.

Last edited:
You know those toys where you can stretch the arms and legs really, really far? Well, I feel like one of those lately. I want to quit my job so, so badly but I should probably have another one lined up. I'm just having such a hard time finding the energy to search since job hunting is tedious. So sick of how things are right now at work. I'm just expected to do too much for too little.

girlfriend still hasn't come. monday she moved the day because of work. tuesday she was sick and hurt her arm and had to go to the walk-in. yesterday, she overslept and then said she was scared because she's "too fat" and worried we won't both be able to sit/sleep on my (single) bed. today she just flat out said she can't. wasn't even willing to try, she just kept saying she can't and that she's scared but doesn't know why. her gran fell over again and had to be hospitalized this afternoon anyway, but. i don't know what to do anymore. there's been some arguing and a lot of me trying to convince her to no avail. i don't know what i'm supposed to have done wrong or if i'm being played or what. she might be coming tomorrow/saturday? i'm not holding my breath anymore though. i offered to go up to her instead but warned that we might have to visit the hospital if i have a super bad panic attack and can't get it under control, which there is precedent for because the last time i went up to visit her, i had a panic attack so bad that i was breathless for hours, threw up, had to go home immediately, couldn't go on the first train alone and was ill the following day. since this would be another new environment, a lot of new people (her family), and the first time i'd be seeing her in almost 2 years, it could be even worse, so i wanted her to be aware and prepared in advance, but she said she wasn't putting me through that and would come down so. idk. guess we'll see.

I've been loosely following the russia-ukraine conflict, and while I don't want to get too involved bc I get overwhelmed so easily (no offense meant here, I genuinely hope that Ukraine cane push through this and they've been in my thoughts since this whole thing started), after watching this video I'm genuinely angry. can't believe how senseless and reckless Putin is acting. this is a disgrace. he needs to be stopped and if that requires me to write my state senators a note or donate what little money I have then so be it.

I accidentally put a decent sized hole in the wall in our living room 🙃

I'm not even upset about it, cause I know it'll be a relatively easy fix. I'm upset about the fact that my dad is prob gonna ***** about it for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
My parents are by far the most forgettable people. I keep teaching them how the new technology works and they always keep bothering as if I didn't tell them how stuff works. Its everyday they ask me "How do you this" and "How does this work" when I explained to them for like 500th time! It puts me in a bad mood when they don't get it and then they have the ADUACITY to tell me "Well I can't look it up on Google because I don't know how the internet works." Like for real? I just don't get it sometimes and it really just sets me off every single time!

So there’s this one person I work with and I feel kinda bad because I think she’s stressing herself out wayyy to much. I don’t know much about feet, but she needs foot surgery to realign the bone in her foot. She’s putting it off until next month because the manager needs her for lent and it’s going to be busy and she’s one of the better workers. Now I was off work today but my dad worked, and he told me she had to get taken to the hospital today because of something with her eyes? Like she randomly couldn’t see anything and I’m not sure what happened but there’s no chance she’s working tomorrow. I kinda hope she’s okay because I do talk to her and take smoke breaks with her. (I don’t smoke, I just sit out there with her and talk.) She’s kinda my hockey mom, I guess. I’m not close with my actual mom so she’s like the female I talk to a lot at work. She’s in her 40s and I don’t think this stress is helping. Just wish I knew more? Still, I don’t think that foot surgery should be put off. From what I’ve heard, the situation today is not good.

Gas prices are just insane right now!

Unfortunately my work is 70kms (43.5 miles) away from my home and I drive that twice a day 5 times a week. Basically 700kms (435 miles) per week. So I always have to fill up my car at least once a week. it's well over $70 now for me to fill up.

Gas is currently $1.72 per litre here. To help put that into perspective for US folks, when thrown into a converter for currency (CAD to USD) and litres to US gallons that would be roughly equivalent to about $5.13 US a gallon.

Oof. 💀

had to go through three different websites before being able to actually acquire a cv. the first was the one i used for free a few years ago, which then demanded i buy pro to download my cv at the end. the second claimed it was free but then said i had to pay around £3 to be able to download my cv at the end. third was finally a winner. super bland, regular 'template' but like hell am i paying for a ~~professional looking cv~~. and all this because the formatting on my original was busted. ugggghh.

Bleh, so again they cancelled my shipping because apparently no reason at all, and I did pick a non-EMS/express service as well. Again, it might be less opportunities to do air mail due to Russia's war in Ukraine but a) you should let people know b) you can fly over the Pacific/Atlantic/US as long as you don't use Russian airplane companies???

Hope it works a third time now or I'm just gonna demand a refund.

This is stupid. My brother never listens to me but I have no choice but to listen to him, even though I'm the older and more responsible one out of the two of us. And he's so lazy, always passing down his chores onto me. He does this at any chance he gets, and has the audacity to call ME lazy. Whenever we have to take the dog out or something, he always claims that he "did it last" or that I "didn't do it last time", and he says that every single time! Of course, my parents don't notice this. My dad says that I should go see him whenever my brother doesn't listen to me or if he does something wrong, but when I do he just says: "Yeah, I don't care. You two deal with each other, I don't wanna be a part of your ****." NOT helpful, dad!!

Gas prices are just insane right now!

Unfortunately my work is 70kms (43.5 miles) away from my home and I drive that twice a day 5 times a week. Basically 700kms (435 miles) per week. So I always have to fill up my car at least once a week. it's well over $70 now for me to fill up.

Gas is currently $1.72 per litre here. To help put that into perspective for US folks, when thrown into a converter for currency (CAD to USD) and litres to US gallons that would be roughly equivalent to about $5.13 US a gallon.

Oof. 💀
Gas is insane in Canada right now. Here in Vancouver it just went over $2.00 a litre. And it's not just gas, food prices have almost doubled for anything fresh like produce and meats. It's pretty worrisome.

I want to get a small Aquarium so badly, but since I'm not living alone I can't just decide like that to get a new pet and he doesn't want one. I just want a small one, next to my desk with one betta in it.. it's so relaxing to watch :cry:

This is stupid. My brother never listens to me but I have no choice but to listen to him, even though I'm the older and more responsible one out of the two of us. And he's so lazy, always passing down his chores onto me. He does this at any chance he gets, and has the audacity to call ME lazy. Whenever we have to take the dog out or something, he always claims that he "did it last" or that I "didn't do it last time", and he says that every single time! Of course, my parents don't notice this. My dad says that I should go see him whenever my brother doesn't listen to me or if he does something wrong, but when I do he just says: "Yeah, I don't care. You two deal with each other, I don't wanna be a part of your ****." NOT helpful, dad!!
I am sorry this is happening to you. I know what it feels like to have a family like that because mine is pretty much the same. My parents treat me like a tool because I always have to do things for them that they can't do themselves because they are getting old. I'm 26 years old btw and being autistic its like living in hell with those two. I never had a Brother, but I did have 2 sisters, but one of them never talks to me anymore. She was the type of person like my ex best friend would always downplay my feelings and giving me unsolicited advice so we haven't spoken for a long time. The other sister at least supports me even though she has a bit of an anger issue.

So yeah I can relate to how you're feeling because its the same problem I have to deal with all the time.

Gas is insane in Canada right now. Here in Vancouver it just went over $2.00 a litre. And it's not just gas, food prices have almost doubled for anything fresh like produce and meats. It's pretty worrisome.

Yeah cost of living is just insane in general especially in Canada, but it's pretty bad just about anywhere anymore it seems. Sad times.

I'm blessed to be in a pretty ok position financially, but there's definitely no way I would be if I didn't have the support of my partner. I know many people are much less fortunate than me and my heart breaks for them.

Last edited:
In Georgia, USA our Gas Prices are around $3.80 like sheesh I might have to cut down on road trips because of this. This is ridiculous!

Reactions: oak
Back