• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

Gotta hate boomers sometimes. Like clockwork every year, my mom tells me “Today is the anniversary of your godfather’s death. Say a prayer.” And every year I have to remind her not to remind me of this date. I don’t like remembering that kind of stuff. This year she got offended because I snapped at her.

Remind me of his birthdate instead. Although at this point, I don’t think that I need a reminder because I know it already.

i'm feeling overwhelmingly lethargic today (for personal reasons, not bc of bad sleep quality or anything) and I can't seem to make it any better. I've even taken a few naps today, something I never do, because I'm just that tired. I really want to work on my drawing but part of me really wants to just go to bed even though it's only 5pm :////

I'm having trouble deciding something. I have $41, which is enough to buy me three Dog Man books. (How convenient, there are three Dog Man books that I have not read yet.) But I don't know whether I should buy it online or in a store! If I wanted to buy the books online, I would have to ask my dad to buy it with his Amazon account and give him my money. Plus, there's a shipping fee and I don't know how long it'll take to get to our house. If I wanted to buy it in a store, my dad would have to drive me to the nearest bookstore and pray that they have Dog Man books, specifically the ones I want. I would have the book right away, but my dad is real finnicky with spending money on gas, and for good reason. But either way, I'm still dependent on my dad to help me get the books. :[

@ZeldaCrossing64 If you want to get them in-store, you could probably call your local bookstore and see if they are in stock. Or if they are a well known establishment like Barnes and Nobles, check online to see if your nearest one has them in stock. That's what I always did whenever I would go out to get something in person. It's a wasted trip to drive all that way and come back empty handed.

i am super tired all of the time lately, and my laptop isn't going to last much longer. i was hoping apple would release updated macbook air's at the past spring event, but it looks like it'll be later this year.

i can hardly google anything anymore without my entire laptop freezing up, much less have more than two tabs open. but i don't want to buy a laptop right now and then have newer ones come out in a few weeks/months. ;;

i am super tired all of the time lately, and my laptop isn't going to last much longer. i was hoping apple would release updated macbook air's at the past spring event, but it looks like it'll be later this year.

i can hardly google anything anymore without my entire laptop freezing up, much less have more than two tabs open. but i don't want to buy a laptop right now and then have newer ones come out in a few weeks/months. ;;
Is it possible that a factory reset and defrag would help your laptop? I know I used to do that with my old computers when they were close to being done for. Sometimes it gave it a few more months of life or so. Just be sure to save any important information/documents/and the such if you go this route.

The next few days are going to be painful. I'm so bored of being at home constantly. I need to find ways to entertain myself lol

Bro my back hurts. Like I can't sit up straight or slanted, it hurts when I stand and I can't lay flat on my back either (but also cause I think I got Covid again a while ago and now I can't breathe well when I lay flat on my back, I start coughing. Plus I'm a side sleeper).

This isn't even my normal back pain, which is usually in my shoulder area. Like this is below that, and it feels different from that pain. It hurts in a different way, not in a way that can be massaged out like my other pain (if I don't let it go on for too long). I don't really know how to describe it. I really hope nothing comes of this but its gotten worse since last night when I noticed it. I went to lay on my back (like a dummy knowing I can't lay on my back) and besides my usual coughing my back actually hurt.

It prob happened cause I lift dogs at work, and I prob lifted a dog wrong or it squirmed around too much causing strain on my back. Or cause I'm constantly bending. Idk. What also sucks is that I am the help! I help lift the dogs into the tub cause the person who normally does it also has a hurt back!

i have to memorize a poem by tomorrow for english but im procrastinating. this is dumb why do i have to do this

I hate Math so much. It's so difficult, and I never understand a thing. It's probably my worst class, just behind French. And of course, my brother always has to brag about how he's so fantastical at the subject. :cautious:
Different people are good at different things. Math was literally my only good subject. I couldn’t even tell you how many planets there are off the top of my head, though. 😅 Not that that really matters in the real world. I’d focus on the subjects you’re good at and not worry about what you’re struggling with. I can honestly say none of it is important unless you’re going to college for something related to the subject. I think having basic math skills is important, but not all of that extra **** they try to push on you.

I'm just so sick of my life right now. I can't be bothered explaining things right now. I honestly don't have any energy left. Can I just sleep for the next week?

One of my online friends is super upset because one of her online friends deactivated their account. I want to comfort her, but she put "DNIUC" (Dont Interact Unless Close) in her display name, so I shouldn't send her a message right now. I want to comfort her so badly, but I have to respect her. :(

the way my philosophy teacher lowkey just... doesn’t care or think about her online students? like, i know in-person learning is easier for them because they can actually see their students and interact with them, get to know them better, make sure they’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing, etc, but bro? it’s literally almost 10 minutes past when class started, and she’s yet to post the link to our google meet for the day. i can’t join a class i never received a link for lmao. she does this a lot, and it’s just so annoying. waiting on her makes me anxious because what if she just never posts the link at all, and i’m marked absent? again, i can’t attend a class i never get a link for, but still. i don’t want the school calling and my parents getting mad lmao. the fact that i still have to worry about this at 20 also bothers me.

also, i genuinely have no idea who misses more class — me or her. she’s been gone the entire week (with the class even being cancelled twice due to staffing shortages), and is gone fairly often. i don’t know why, but the amount of times this class has been cancelled since it started in february is just... eef. i’m definitely not complaining (though it does suck to wake up for something, only for that something to not take place. that’s an extra hour and 15 minutes of sleep i could’ve gotten lmao), but yikes.

its been almost 20 minutes since class started (or was supposed to start) and still no link. if there’s no link by 9am, i’m going back to bed since the rest of my classes are canceled today. 😭

also, another minor bother: why do i find it necessary to say “happy birthday” to everyone on here, regardless of their activity status. like, i tried early this morning to only wish the people who have logged on at least once this year a happy birthday, but i just couldn’t do it. i felt like such an ******* for ‘excluding’ people, even if those people haven’t logged on since last year and may never see my post. i know my daily spam of birthday wishes annoys some people, but i feel like a piece of **** if i don’t do it. you never know whether someone has people in their life that wish them a happy birthday, and even if it’s a member that hasn’t logged on since 2020, i never wanna take the chance of them having no one in real life, and then logging on and having no one on here, either. it’s a stupid thought process, one that likely will never happen, but it’s where my mind goes and it’s an unpleasant thought, so. i know how awful it is to feel forgotten about or unimportant on your birthday, and i never want anyone else to feel that way... even if it’s just an inactive member on here who’ll never even see the birthday wishes.

i’ve wished several inactive members a happy birthday, only for them to log back in hours, days, weeks, months, etc later and see my message. they’re often appreciative and say that it made their day, that they had/are having a great birthday, and that’s why i do it. even if it’s a rare occurrence, how can i care if it’s slightly annoying when it can, and has, made people’s day?

i’ve had someone say that my wishes are ‘half-hearted’ (which, by the way, they didn’t even say to me directly. they said it on their profile like it’s a blog, and i happened to stumble across it. not a great feeling reading that. :)) and while they may seem that way in appearance, they’re really not. yeah, it’s always a generic “happy birthday” with 1-3 random emojis, but i don’t have the energy to be whipping up heartfelt paragraphs for everyone, especially people that i don’t know. everyone deserves to be wished a happy birthday, and i enjoy doing it, but not to the point where i have it in me to write everyone a personalized novel. i barely have it in me to just write “happy birthday” somedays. but i do it, because my fear of someone not getting acknowledged on their birthday makes me feel worse than my depression does. i don’t mind doing it, i love doing it, but i still wish my thought process was a little different.

anyways, it’s 3 minutes away from 9am now, so... nighty night. 😮

Last edited:
Back