• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

i know i said i would stop whining about cats in here, and i’m sorry, but i could really use some prayers and/or good vibes rn.

my mom changed her mind about bruce yesterday. something happened that made her fall in love with him, too, and she promised that she would try to bring him home along with bonk. my dad was also on board. the shelter still isn’t, though, and the reason we’ve been given makes absolutely no sense to me. they say it’s because their energy levels are different, but otherwise they get along fine. they likely wouldn’t ever be best friends, but they can co-exist peacefully. and i’m not even trying to adopt him to be a playmate for bonk, or vice versa.

i know it’s my own fault for bonding with him and getting my hopes up so much. i didn’t mean to. but he is the sweetest, most chill cat. i can’t even begin to describe how at peace petting him and being around him makes me feel. and he gets around and plays just fine despite his weight. he’s actually very playful. seeing him yesterday made me love him even more; we touched noses, ffs. i’m usually so timid around cats i don’t 100% know, but i already trust him and know that he would never hurt me or anyone. he is an absolute angel.

i just want to bring him home. i adore bonk and will continue to adore her if we’re only able to bring her home, but i am distraught at the thought of not bringing this sweet boy home, too. i’ve literally been crying for the past 3 hours over it, and i just. i love him so much. it was love at first sight for me, and i just don’t know what to do lol.

we’re being allowed to talk to the shelter about it again later today, so if anyone reads this and maybe wants to send some prayers or good vibes my way, i would really appreciate it sm. 🥲
i am sending you ALL the good vibes. so long as the cats won't be at harm and can co-exist peacefully, i see no reason they shouldn't be able to share a home. i have cats who flat out hate each other, but even they can still co-exist peacefully most of the time. surely in your case, it's better than him staying at the shelter? especially since older cats are always less likely to be adopted.

I need a new job, but it wouldn't make sense to leave where I'm at now with what I'm doing in grad school. I just need to make it through the next few years. :|

I really need to buy a new Wii Remote, I swear it's one mishap away from breaking. It always disconnects when I'm in the middle of a game, and the Wii Motion Plus accessory never calibrates properly. I'm surprised this thing still kinda works, I thought it'd be long gone by now. While the Wii Remote is indeed very old (pretty sure it's the same one my older brother used when he was a kid), it's also my fault for always smacking it on furniture or chucking it at my wall when I get angry.

I really need to buy a new Wii Remote, I swear it's one mishap away from breaking. It always disconnects when I'm in the middle of a game, and the Wii Motion Plus accessory never calibrates properly. I'm surprised this thing still kinda works, I thought it'd be long gone by now. While the Wii Remote is indeed very old (pretty sure it's the same one my older brother used when he was a kid), it's also my fault for always smacking it on furniture or chucking it at my wall when I get angry.
You’re really lucky it still works, considering how old it is and considering what it’s been through 😂😂😂

every time I think abt having to pay back my student loans it makes me genuinely terrified, like my life is being threatened. I honestly regret going to college bc I have so much debt now and there's no way on god's green earth I'll be able to pay it back with my disabilities. I feel so stupid for deciding to put myself in 26.6k worth of debt.

I can put them into words now.

I don’t understand how my dad’s car alarm going off is my fault. Immediately after being told by a coworker that it was going off his first thoughts were that I did it and proceeded to get angry about it. His anger problems make me anxious a lot because I have BPD so my emotions are like 100 times more intense.

I decided to clean the bathrooms just to calm down and to avoid potentially crying in front of people. I don’t feel comfortable breaking down in front of the people that were working today, and luckily there weren’t too many. It’s insane how every time something goes wrong with the car it’s always my fault. And why apologize after I’m clearly upset? Just don’t get angry and jump to illogical conclusions in the first place.

Note: I was inside and working for a whole hour when the car alarm went off, so how could I possibly have triggered it? Also, I wish my emotions weren’t so intense.

I wish I had better neighbors. The people across the street from my house not only take frequent ambulance rides due to extreme alcoholism, but they also like to blast loud music at night. I just woke up to the Crazyfrog song (if you don’t know what that is, it’s some weird techno-y song and music video about a criminal frog who speaks gibberish that went viral in 2005 whatever, it’s pretty weird). At first I thought it was my iPad auto playing something stupid it found on YouTube but no it was my neighbors… I wish they would just be normal

My partner is gone to Newfoundland for 10 days so I have to give our rabbit his shots. I thought I would be okay but when it came time to give him the needle I kept chickening out. I finally gave it to him but my hand was shaking. Sorry little bunny, I did such a poor job. Hopefully it didn't hurt too much.

i dont want to have a relationship right now but there is someone i like ig. I want to be in a relationship, i just loathe the ending. ik if i ruin our friendship and turn it into a relationship, if we break up i might never see them again. i dont want that.

I wish I had better neighbors. The people across the street from my house not only take frequent ambulance rides due to extreme alcoholism, but they also like to blast loud music at night. I just woke up to the Crazyfrog song (if you don’t know what that is, it’s some weird techno-y song and music video about a criminal frog who speaks gibberish that went viral in 2005 whatever, it’s pretty weird). At first I thought it was my iPad auto playing something stupid it found on YouTube but no it was my neighbors… I wish they would just be normal

Oddly enough I used to be really into Crazyfrog back when I was a kid, lmao. Definitely wouldn't be blasting it at night though. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, sorry to hear that. Sounds pretty annoying.

My house fell to single-digit temps again and my dad did not put the heater on once

TW: pet passing away
When I was a kid out pet cat passed away from heat stroke. My dad will never learn his lesson, every single thing he expects people to “tough out” and he never really embraces an idea unless it’s his own.

Every day he lets our cat in the yard without supervising her (she’s learned to stay at home, so if she ran away, who knows if she would return or be able to handle a fight). I hope she never gets out and runs away, my dad wouldn’t learn his lesson then either

I hate my dad, these are only minor reasons contributing to it. He‘s a bad person.

The temperature in houses here is unreasonable

this guy who keeps coming around my neighbor's house. he showed up talking to himself, loudly babbling all kinds of nonsense outside her house, then began wandering around the street before going into another neighbor's garden and house (i presume he had consent). then my neighbour returns and essentially encourages his behavior. now he's back outside her house (with her) loudly saying all sorts of nonsense and just generally being a nuisance. he's very obviously drunk, high and/or both, and there are loads of little kids who live here and are often playing outside. his behavior is indecent and inappropriate, even without the constant profanities. i want to complain about them but the council doesn't make it easy, and they even suggest talking to the neighbour first. in what world? i've heard the screaming matches she's had with her ex/boyfriend and kids; i don't want my ear getting yelled off because i tell her to reign her weirdo friend in. she'll probably try throwing back that she lets me go into her garden occasionally to chase our indoor cats back over even though she consented.

i know i said i would stop whining about cats in here, and i’m sorry, but i could really use some prayers and/or good vibes rn.

my mom changed her mind about bruce yesterday. something happened that made her fall in love with him, too, and she promised that she would try to bring him home along with bonk. my dad was also on board. the shelter still isn’t, though, and the reason we’ve been given makes absolutely no sense to me. they say it’s because their energy levels are different, but otherwise they get along fine. they likely wouldn’t ever be best friends, but they can co-exist peacefully. and i’m not even trying to adopt him to be a playmate for bonk, or vice versa.

i know it’s my own fault for bonding with him and getting my hopes up so much. i didn’t mean to. but he is the sweetest, most chill cat. i can’t even begin to describe how at peace petting him and being around him makes me feel. and he gets around and plays just fine despite his weight. he’s actually very playful. seeing him yesterday made me love him even more; we touched noses, ffs. i’m usually so timid around cats i don’t 100% know, but i already trust him and know that he would never hurt me or anyone. he is an absolute angel.

i just want to bring him home. i adore bonk and will continue to adore her if we’re only able to bring her home, but i am distraught at the thought of not bringing this sweet boy home, too. i’ve literally been crying for the past 3 hours over it, and i just. i love him so much. it was love at first sight for me, and i just don’t know what to do lol.

we’re being allowed to talk to the shelter about it again later today, so if anyone reads this and maybe wants to send some prayers or good vibes my way, i would really appreciate it sm. 🥲
sending you good vibes!!! I really hope you are able to get you kitty ;-; <3 I know the feeling of just falling in love with a cat. It was like that for me when I adopted my Teddy (who is now at rest, RIP) but it was love at first sight too. sometimes you just KNOW it's the one :~) sorry you've been crying but it's okay to let it out <3 Hope all goes well for you Xara!! much love <3

I don't know how to handle the stress from work. Quite sure it's mostly self-induced, but that awareness isn't bringing me anywhere. Why can't there be a button to switch anxiety off?

Back