• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct announced for September 23, 2021

3pm Pacific Time... which is about 6am here in Singapore. lol Thankfully, I've been staying up a lot lately, playing my Pokémon Shield.

As for any updates, I'm not holding my breath. From what I've heard, significant updates have been rare and few for the past year or two. Would love a QoL update, but again, breath. Not holding.

3pm Pacific Time... which is about 6am here in Singapore. lol Thankfully, I've been staying up a lot lately, playing my Pokémon Shield.
Yeah it's 7 am for me. A Direct focused on games coming out this winter probably won't have much for me anyways, I'll read a summary after.

Doubtful we'll get anything this time around. AFAIK, the current update has content through the end of October, so honestly, I'm not expecting an update or even an announcement for another month.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m actually off for this one I so will be watching. It would be nice to get an update but not expecting one.

Doubtful we'll get anything this time around. AFAIK, the current update has content through the end of October, so honestly, I'm not expecting an update or even an announcement for another month.

Yeah, for this same reason I wouldn’t expect anything either.

Yeah one of my pals on twitter just shared a link about this. I don't expect to see NH news, but the fact that this is going to air after work is so awesome. I always miss out on these due to it conflicting with my work schedule. Excited for that at the very least!

I think the general consensus has been that they would announce something between late September and mid-November, so we are in range, though it still could be a while.

From a business standpoint, this is Nintendo's last big show of the year, and it would make sense to show a preview to push holiday sales, even if it won't be ready for a while. That's not to say that's what they will do, just thinking out loud.

Yeah what @Etown20 said pretty much sums it up. This will probably showcase the early 2022 releases like those Pokemon games, Metroid Dread coming in Ocotober, and games like that. I don't see them putting much time if at all in games they've already released. Especially a game that is now 1 1/2 years old. I feel like that is too old of game for them to focus on right now.

To be honest...Im expecting NH news, but I'll try not to be disappointed if there is none. Word on the rumor mill is NH is in for a pretty big update(well, big relative to what it's been getting, anyway) due in or before November, and unless Nintendo is planning another AC announcement or direct for the rest of the year, which I highly doubt, it makes the most sense to show it now.

Finally! I'm so excited for this! I really do hope that we get more information on BoTW2 and Legends Arceus though I'm not too confident that they will. Hopefully there will be some spicy new info on Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl since they'll be releasing soon.

Edit:
Forgot about AC! As for AC, maybe they mention something new for Halloween. I doubt that anything significance will be added to the game. I'm still hoping that Brewster gets added somehow.

Last edited:
I agree with many of you above that AC probably won’t make it into the Direct tomorrow. I have a gut feeling we will get an Isabelle tweet soon instead, either to announce Halloween items or *fingers crossed* the rumored larger update to drop soonish. At this point, anything can happen between now and late November.

Well I'm hyped, can't way to see what happens. I doubt we see anything new since the direct is focused on winter games as stated in the tweet.

Well seems that the rumors about a Direct happening in September turned out to be true, however I am still remaining skeptical if there are to show Animal Crossing New Horizons. Just remember what happened with Nintendo's E3 2021 how there was so much hype for ACNH to be shown with this so called "2.0 update" but it turned out to not happen. I am just saying don't get your hopes up.

Let's cut the crap : I want to see the next ACNH update !

Will it be shown during this 40-minutes video presentation ? Discuss.

A little birdie tells me Brewster is coming! However, I'm at least hoping for the cop dogs to show up because I would imagine an island far off the coast of any town or city is the place most in need of law enforcement.

Back