• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct announced for September 23, 2021

im excited, hopefully ac shows up. nintendo better not let me down.

Also if they just add Brewster. I will scream. He will only be interesting for like 2 days and then what? If there is going to be an update (Which I doubt). I hope they they make it significant or don't bother.

Sorry for the negative attitude, I'm just sick of seeing this game not get the content it deserves.

Also if they just add Brewster. I will scream. He will only be interesting for like 2 days and then what? If there is going to be an update (Which I doubt). I hope they they make it significant or don't bother.

Sorry for the negative attitude, I'm just sick of seeing this game not get the content it deserves.
At this point I feel like anything they add wouldn't be enough for the community still on the edge. So much base content is missing, especially if you include emotions, actions, and hand held items that villagers have done since day 1 and we have yet to get.

Even if they do implement some old content or all new ideas, which I don't put much faith in anymore, all of this content will be months away from each other. So by the time we get our fill of whatever it is, we will be left waiting several months for their next update. And so far they've just been adding fluff filler.

It won't be the same being able to experience it all when the game was new to us to explore everything. This game was definitely not the one to go with dripfed content.

Will we finally see what these "fun and engaging activities" are?

Gawd, I seriously hope it's not just Brewster.
Rosch you bold that line. Was that from Doug's annoucment or something else? They could've meant the holidays you never know.

At this point I feel like anything they add wouldn't be enough for the community still on the edge. So much base content is missing, especially if you include emotions, actions, and hand held items that villagers have done since day 1 and we have yet to get

Come on! Don't black pill yourself yet! Its been a rough year for AC fans but I think this might be the big update that we really needed. Maybe that unused dock can finally take us to a Tortimer-esque Island? It could be just about anything. The Direct is tomorrow so I still have hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot and just give us holiday updates and/or Brewster *cough, cough*
I'm very hopeful but also very realistic...if its holiday stuff and Brewster I'll be black pilled myself.

Rosch you bold that line. Was that from Doug's annoucment or something else? They could've meant the holidays you never know.

I'm quoting Doug Bowser. To fully quote him:

"While we didn’t talk about it [during the E3 Nintendo Direct], we absolutely have plans going forward to ensure the 33 million people who have islands out there have new and fun activities to engage with. Look for more to come."

I forgot to add the "new" part. :p

While more was promised, I just hope that the "more" is something small.
I really don't want a "Here's more! New Halloween Items!" and that just be it.

Hopefully some new features and/or QoL updates. (Or even Brewster??)

I'm quoting Doug Bowser. To fully quote him:

"While we didn’t talk about it [during the E3 Nintendo Direct], we absolutely have plans going forward to ensure the 33 million people who have islands out there have new and fun activities to engage with. Look for more to come."

I forgot to add the "new" part. :p
I am finding it hard to believe that if Doug thinks that adding seasonal items is considered "new" or "fun activities" or if he thinks that adding back in events that we played since last year counts as that.

I'm not basing this on anything but my gut feeling, but I don't think we'll see any New Horizons footage during this Direct. I think we won't see any footage for the next substantial update until the week it's ready to be released. I know some people won't be happy with that, but I'm perfectly fine with it, honestly. It won't stop me from playing the game daily, lol.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get any announcement or updates for it this year. And I feel like if we get anything it'll be a "and more is on the way for animal crossing fans at some point" like Nintendo likes to do then we never hear about it again. But whatever, I've had the game for about 3 months so I'm still experiencing new stuff... But where is all the furniture? I want my Rococo set back.

I'm not basing this on anything but my gut feeling, but I don't think we'll see any New Horizons footage during this Direct. I think we won't see any footage for the next substantial update until the week it's ready to be released. I know some people won't be happy with that, but I'm perfectly fine with it, honestly. It won't stop me from playing the game daily, lol.
I want you to be wrong, but deep down I feel like you’re on the money with this one… LOL. Every time I say I stop caring, Nintendo still finds a way to chip at my soul. 🥲

I am guessing we will get something holiday-related. If anything considered big—that would be Brewster. This is the most I could anticipate.

i’m genuinely not sure if acnh will be mentioned, and i don’t want to get my hopes up, but i’m honestly excited regardless. it’s been a rough week for me, so it’s nice to have something to look forward to lol. fingers crossed we get some sort of update information! 🤞🏻

Im trying to be positive and this happens at 5am tomorrow morning prob when i wake up i will hear either good news or bad news about the update

Last edited:
I’m guessing we’ll see the return of turkey day and Halloween. I think we’ll probably get a couple of new items for each event.

I hope we’ll get a larger update before Xmas to drive the interest in the game back up and increase sales around Xmas, but who knows if that’ll happen. I don’t get my hopes up any more for any type of update.

I hope they keep doing new updates
so the game gets more and more cool 😃

At this point I feel like anything they add wouldn't be enough for the community still on the edge. So much base content is missing, especially if you include emotions, actions, and hand held items that villagers have done since day 1 and we have yet to get.

Even if they do implement some old content or all new ideas, which I don't put much faith in anymore, all of this content will be months away from each other. So by the time we get our fill of whatever it is, we will be left waiting several months for their next update. And so far they've just been adding fluff filler.

It won't be the same being able to experience it all when the game was new to us to explore everything. This game was definitely not the one to go with dripfed content.

Oh yeah, I agree, I'm just letting out all my anger. It's sad because this game could be so so good if they would pay more attention to it. I kinda hope/wish at some point they will just do one big massive update like they did for the welcome amiibo update in New Leaf. Although I know we had to wait years for that. The community probably won't be satisfied to something like that happens I feel like.

Yeah no I’m done hoping. If it happens that we’ll get a big update I’ll be happy, if not my island will stay deserted lol
I made my peace with ACNH being a constant disappointment in terms of updates lol

I was reading something on Twitter from one of the leakers speculating when Splatoon 3 would be released. The leaker mentioned Nintendo wants to have an a lot of content ready to release for it in the months after release to avoid a situation like they just had with Animal Crossing.

I know it's not much consolation until they announce something, but along with the official Nintendo tweet from July promising more content, it seems like Nintendo understands the situation and are working on it. To what degree, it's hard to say.

Back