• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct announced for September 23, 2021

I'm expecting seasonal items, if anything.

But... I'm still hoping for a substantial update. All those datamines have to lead to something, right?

I'm not expecting much tbh but I'm glad they're updating the game to keep it somewhat alive LOL. I haven't been super into ACNH since summer 2020 and it's been hard to get as invested as I used to be. 😔 I'm still holding out for an update similar to the Welcome Amiibo update for ACNL because that definitely got me hooked on the game again for a good 2-3 years.

A little birdie tells me Brewster is coming! However, I'm at least hoping for the cop dogs to show up because I would imagine an island far off the coast of any town or city is the place most in need of law enforcement.
If I am sure of anything in this world, it’s that cops aren’t coming back to this game

I just hope we finally get to see the hundreds of missing furniture and items that there is
Lol, for real. Just give us an update returning all missing furniture items that aren’t revamped/changed versions of the other sets or items. I’m sure a lot of people would be satisfied for now with that (besides Brewster and mini-games).

I'm holding out hope for a bigger update, but would be happy with any news about the game. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons in this game, so if they added some new things for me to get into, I'll be playing a lot for sure.

My wishlist for upcoming updates has Brewster, Katrina, more Nook's Cranny expansions, more furniture sets (especially the ones from the older games that weren't carried over), and (the most far-fetched, I think) is another island or mainland to visit, maybe like the city in City Folk that has more shops and things to do. I like the laid back feeling of the island, but I do sometimes miss the busier-feeling city and even main street from New Leaf. I'm not huge on the multiplayer and minigames that was on Tortimer's island in New Leaf, so I'm not one of the people hoping for something like that. I'd definitely take it though.

I’m erring more towards “yes, there’s going to be more update news” for a number of reasons:
  • In general, the updates for the second year have generally happened around about the same time as the ones for the first year (aside from also having an update in early July). Halloween was announced on the 24th of September last year, and depending on your time zone, the direct is going to be on the 23rd or 24th.
  • While yes, there is some Halloween items (and the event itself) as well as some Nook Shopping items for smaller events, they weren’t announced. At all. Compare that to the April update, where they basically said “there’s items until late July”, and then we got hyped up for E3 and that didn’t happen… because the update was meant to last until late July. It’d be smart to assume that this update, because they’ve announced stuff up until mid-late September, lasts until then.
  • As I’ve said before, the fact that they’ve put this stuff into the game but not announced it reads to me as “as a failsafe, we’re going to put this into the update if we can’t get stuff ready by later this year”
  • However, I’m not 100% sure what form this’ll take. Will it just be a tease for something bigger in November alongside some “hey, Halloween again!”, or will there be something fairly substantial coming next week? Haven’t a clue. But I honestly think there’s going to be something tomorrow night.

I'm expecting seasonal items, if anything.
That would be typical Nintendo Fashion if they were to do that. I won't be surprised if they just say "Hey here's the updated Halloween event with new seasonal items and don't worry more updates is to come be patient" so yeah thats the more likely case.

If I am sure of anything in this world, it’s that cops aren’t coming back to this game
I mean they could come back as security guards or something like that. And like they'll tell you when shady characters (Redd) are around and all the other going ons of the island because they are technically responsible for its safety. So you can get weather reports from them that day, lost and found, ect.

I know it's not happening. Just throwing that out there.

I mean they could come back as security guards or something like that. And like they'll tell you when shady characters (Redd) are around and all the other going ons of the island because they are technically responsible for its safety. So you can get weather reports from them that day, lost and found, ect.

I know it's not happening. Just throwing that out there.

I wish that happened too. It would be nice to know when Celeste visits in the dead of night without having to rely on something like MeteoNook (I still can't get it to work for me).

I wish that happened too. It would be nice to know when Celeste visits in the dead of night without having to rely on something like MeteoNook (I still can't get it to work for me).
I know it won’t happen but I would like Celeste back in the museum in her observatory. She would still walk around your island when you had shooting stars. You would know when to look for her outside because the observatory would be closed.

I know it won’t happen but I would like Celeste back in the museum in her observatory. She would still walk around your island when you had shooting stars. You would know when to look for her outside because the observatory would be closed.
Its like Isabelle whenever there is a Fireworks or New Years event she will be out of Resident Services, so I don't see why they can't do the same with the other NPCs. They've been in the buildings for so long, let them have fresh air.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some New Horizons news! I read or saw somewhere that there was speculation for a BIG November update that might include Brewsters, but seeing as people have been speculating Brewsters for awhile now, I won't get my hopes up to much. I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best though!

Does anyone have an exact time when the Nintendo Direct releases tomorrow? I'm in Central time

As much as I'd want to keep my expectations low, I think it is high time that we are given a very substantial update to the game. And simply adding Brewster won't cut it.
Yeah I don't see it happening here. Aside from designing this game lacks a lot the other games offered. Still a good game, but they're sleeping on making this game it's #1 entry. I get it a pandemic is going on, but we waited 4-5 months or just about for them to just drop food items that villagers did from day 1. I don't know if it just wasn't possible to add them at the time, but the art/model and coding was already done for villagers...so there's no way it took them a year and some loose months to fully integrate them. It was just padding.

Back