• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct announced for September 23, 2021

I’m guessing we’ll see the return of turkey day and Halloween. I think we’ll probably get a couple of new items for each event.

I hope we’ll get a larger update before Xmas to drive the interest in the game back up and increase sales around Xmas, but who knows if that’ll happen. I don’t get my hopes up any more for any type of update.

I have a question about this. I'm not completely familiar with this game yet and understand you can't just time travel to get some things as they're tied to online... Right? But when you say the return of, does that mean the holiday events are tied to being online? Say if I time traveled to Halloween right now would the Halloween event happen? In the older games you could do that. And any quick details just how much IS tied to being online would be nice.

I have a question about this. I'm not completely familiar with this game yet and understand you can't just time travel to get some things as they're tied to online... Right? But when you say the return of, does that mean the holiday events are tied to being online? Say if I time traveled to Halloween right now would the Halloween event happen? In the older games you could do that. And any quick details just how much IS tied to being online would be nice.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand is that the holiday events are only activated for their current year/most recent version. For instance, the fireworks just happened in August 2021, so you can time travel back to August 2021 to experience them, but if you time travel to August 2020 or August 2022, they won't appear.

I don't think Halloween 2021 has been activated yet, so Halloween 2020 might still be available. Not sure though.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand is that the holiday events are only activated for their current year/most recent version. For instance, the fireworks just happened in August 2021, so you can time travel back to August 2021 to experience them, but if you time travel to August 2020 or August 2022, they won't appear.

I don't think Halloween 2021 has been activated yet, so Halloween 2020 might still be available. Not sure though.

Oh OK thanks. I guess that makes sense but it seems like a really bizarre thing to do.

I see a couple of posts saying Brewster is not enough, but for me it is. Honestly any new content is a nice plus, I don’t expect them to add new content all the time ( since hey didn’t in the older games).
If Brewster comes along, it also guarantees gyroids, and I’m all for that.
I would be so happy if we were to get Brewster and a few new Halloween items. There is plenty of things that I would love to have back but would be fine waiting for them. Getting Brewster would give me some hope that other things like Tortimers island and mini games might come back at some point.

There's zero chance they use space in the Direct to only talk about the Halloween items or other seasonal fluff, so I don't think anyone should be worried about that. Either we get time in the Direct, in which case it's to announce something big, or we don't get anything at all, which just means they're still working on it.

I see a couple of posts saying Brewster is not enough, but for me it is. Honestly any new content is a nice plus, I don’t expect them to add new content all the time ( since hey didn’t in the older games).
If Brewster comes along, it also guarantees gyroids, and I’m all for that.
Those of us saying Brewster wouldn't be enough aren't saying we don't want the Roost. More that the updates come and are so far away from each other. It would be different if say Roost came and then 1-2 months later we got a Nook upgrade, and then 1-2 months something else big.

Instead we've gotten pretty lackluster updates that don't warrant such a long length of time. Like cotton candy and all of that stuff could've easily been put in last year's summer fireworks. Villagers were holding and eating all of those things since March 2020. So why a year and a half later?

That's where at least I am coming from. I would love the Roost to come. But I just don't want it to be like Roost is the only thing we get for this entire year and have to wait until February for another solid update that isn't just holidays being patched in again.

I'm hoping for literally anything cause I've resorted to playing my 3DS instead of my switch. My 3DS had been boxed away for years but I took it outta the closet this month in an attempt to cure my boredom.

Back