Pin the Tail on the Villager

My thoughts are -
You've all been duped!

Why would Graham need to hide from the search planes? Why would he hide outside the gym? Why does his face look odd, and why does he have that bucket of yellow paint?

The solution is not M8. That is just a cover-up. This is the real solution:

This new paint turns yellow in sunlight!

Screenshot_20240825-203051_Chrome.jpg

Graham is an evil genius.
20240825_203355.jpg

"Indeed!" Graham is wearing a poor icon "disguise", desperately trying to escape the island, holding his bucket of octopus based color-changing paint, dodging the search planes, and paying jeremy tickets to cover for him.

Poor Marina.
Post automatically merged:

Aand the streak ends, no tickets for me.
Same! But i had a lot of fun with my theory. 😅

omg lol I also thought she was hiding behind graham after that post got deleted. Glad I stuck to color matching, but too bad I used Nookipedia so my hex is off. Oh well at least I got the number part right!

I knew you had to find the right gradient, but I didn't realize the part about Graham's head and used this image of Marina instead:

View attachment 581109

RIP 🥲
this is exactly what i did, my immediate thought was it had to be a hex code match, but i couldn't get the above image to match, and then someone else helpfully told me the icon was probably a clue, and i color picked from that instead. tbh i thought graham's icon being used was just a bad photoshop job.

Oh wow I made a random guess of I 8, pleasantly surprised haha. I also notice none of the answers were in the double digits regarding the numbers. Loved this activity and I’m very welcome to getting tickets depending on how close you are rather than all or nothing in future events

I would have never thought of hex colors one bit and guessed correctly. Kudos to those that were able to make that connection, 'cause I definitely could not figure this out on my own.

How I solved it was going through the past answers for the recent rounds, my mind would have never thought to think about same color palette.

Maybe I'm not one for inspections after all.

8 makes more sense in my head because she's an octopus. im guessing M8 was intentional 😆
True, but I had like 5 minutes before it ended and I realized 'oh yeah this is still a thing.' 😅

I thought it was a thing about finding the true color, but I didn't have a lot of time left and since my one eye is damaged I didn't want to strain to find the true color lol. So I just made a wild guess. I'll probably get 1 ticket still lol.

So I was on the right track, but didn't get the exact colour. No biggie. I didn't have my hopes up getting the answer right, so I'll take whatever Jeremy gives us this final round. 😅

Anyways, I really like the scoring system used here. Those who were somewhat close to it would at least walk away with something. It would lessen the sting for people who didn't get the right answer but still get some fun out of it for trying. I look forward to similar puzzles like these in the future! Just don't bring back *redacted* lol.

I thought of using hex code colours but didn’t clue into the specific icon used even though I noticed Graham’s head looked weird and the image I used had too many shades of pink in it so I abandoned the idea. Rip. I’m guessing this’ll be my second round of 0 tickets. Kinda wish we got at least one ticket for even guessing even if it was completely off. Ah well.

I will say this though. This puzzle wasn’t as bad as Clue 8 from the last Egg Hunt. It was just the worst of these puzzles.

36814FC2-6952-47A7-A07D-A0A44954BD7C.jpeg

I didnt do the color picking thing but I did sharpen + play around with the colors and saw that the lights converged at M8 (and pointing to M9) so it was just a toss between the two tiles :0 now im wondering if her color was placed on M8 and then the gradient was just applied to the surrounding color.

YEAAAAA WOOOO!!!!! I noticed those exact clues, and got into photoshop with the color selection tool to find what area EXACTLY matched the color in her icon!!! I felt SO SMART when this all clicked and am so excited it was correct cuz man that would have been a wild red herring otherwise

Oh darn. I put M9. I blame my monitor.

I just used the color picker and not bothered looking at the actual hex codes.

EDIT: I just checked. I actually put M8. So happy.

Last edited:
Back