• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are your hopes for the AC Direct and upcoming updates?

Nook Upgrade
More buildings. Idc what buildings. Just more.
Gracie
More villagers (imagine if they updated the game regularly and there was a new villager ~once a month)
More furniture sets
Mini games

I want to make a guess as to when the Animal Crossing Direct will happen.

First, here is when I don't think it will happen:
-I don't think it will happen the first full week of October because on October 5th is the Smash Bros. Direct and I don't foresee them doing two Directs in one week and plus, Metroid Dread comes out on the 8th, so I think right after the Direct, they will be hyping that up.
-Mario Party Superstars comes out October 29th, so I don't think it will come out that week either. I just feel like any game with Mario's name in it is going to be their focus for that entire week.
-The Nintendo 64 and Genesis stuff is supposed to come "late October" and I don't think that will arrive the same week as Mario Party Superstars, but if it's "late" October then my guess is either the week before or on the 31st.

Therefore in this imaginary world where my assumptions about Nintendo are correct. We will get the update between October 10th and 16th. Getting more specific I think between October 12th and 14th. Finally if I had to guess one specific date I would say October 13th because Directs most commonly happen on Wednesdays...even though the Smash Bros. one is a Tuesday, but whatever.

I absolutely hope it is earlier, but this is my predication and I hope this doesn't age poorly.

im trying to have not too high expectations. i think a lot of people will be disappointed because they want all the stuff at once. i dont think thats gonna happen unless they announce paid dlc
what i think will happen:
- brewster and an item set based on him/coffee
- amiibo series 5 announcement (probably with some old villagers coming back)
- nooks cranny upgrade with some new item sets
- some kind of announcement that we will get more updates next year or paid dlc

also porbably some pocket camp update or maybe even a new mobile game release or happy home designer port?

Mini games and especially the ability to play with randoms again. I play at unsociable hours and not many friends are willing to do that haha. It was also fun when we all timed it to appear on the same random island (by setting it to our country).

The ability to have a few more villagers would be nice. I also like the whole villager "jobs" theory that's been circulating a bit, but I don't know how honestly likely that is as it seems like a huge change.

It would be nice if past villagers appeared in the roost, like they used to on the high street in NL. It would be extra cool if they did this immediately after the update so I can see a few I miss like Graham and Blanche haha

Different NPC's visitng the roost on different days. I am pretty confident that Shrunk will make an appearance this way, given that the Shrunk shuffle was found in data mining and it just makes sense to bring him back this way. But I would like to see others return this way too, like Katrina could tell your fortune and Gracie can judge your clothes (though I would ideally like to see both appear properly in the game anyway). Resetti and Phyllis can turn up and just be rude or something, I dunno haha

Here's what I'm trying to manifest: (Unrealistically)
💗 I hope the new amiibo pack means they're bringing back old characters &/or adding new ones. Maybe Porter/Champ make returns somehow in that.
💗 More requests, for example: when they would make us get signatures in other people's towns/ask us to cut a tree down in a friends town for good luck/ bringing Katie back to Kaitlin - that would add some spice to the lack of multiplayer fun.
💗 I hope they add more subtleties like in City Folk if you took the bus and didn't click through the dialogue for awhile, Kapp'n would eventually start singing his sea shanty.
💗 I want to unlock things as we progress through the game like filling our museum, buying lots from the shops, etc. But I'm not talking just nook miles because they are mostly useless in game because of the lack of things to buy with them, and if you have a full island the mystery islands aren't all that valuable nor interesting. It would be so nice to see them upgrade the nook miles shop to maybe include being able to purchase special character buildings or exteriors or something.
💗 Nooks special items, 50% off days, monthly lotteries, nook points. Upgrades.
💗 Harriet, shampoodle, wigs. (She was my favourite NPC)
💗 Exterior building customization like NL, possibly connected with HHA this time.
💗 I miss the train/bus/kappn's boat that had relaxing dialogue.
💗 I don't just want the villagers to tell us wacky stories but to positively affirm us like in previous games lol, I think part of that was what made the connection to the villagers feel deeper and more meaningful when they would teach us little positive life lessons.
💗 Villagers sharing things more often and showing letters to one another and having it come back to you or something lmao.
💗 Villagers remembering things and starting rumors about the player again.
💗 Villagers doing things in groups away from the town hall.
💗 Katrina, feng shui, the lovely phone, luck, and charms.
💗 Perfect & Island fruits.
💗 Gracie and more furniture sets.
💗 Wishing well/more community spots (maybe being able to create and place them)
💗 To be able to visit Lyle at the HHA building and have the rating actually mean something.
💗 Flea market/Auction house/Retail equivalent.
💗 More plants, growable or otherwise.
💗 Pocket-Camp-level items and interactivity with them.
💗 Dr. Shrunk!!
💗 Blanca, Rover, Pelly & Phyllis not just in the café, but in game. (Wishful thinking) In the café would be lovely too.
💗 Constellations and the observatory. Celeste knowing & being able to relay info about stars/constellations like Blathers about the rest of the museum.
💗 Resetti and Don usefulness, maybe their hideout under a manhole again.

I'm just hoping they're finally taking our feedback knowing that some long time fans of the game are a bit disappointed and have low hopes for the next game to come, feeling like the franchise has only become a cash grab for Nintendo.

💗 Villagers sharing things more often and showing letters to one another and having it come back to you or something lmao.

I miss this more than I realized! I would love to see this come back. I used to write my villagers crazy or rude letters. Now I just keep it brief, like "Welcome to [island]" and attach a wreath. 😕

If we get villager house visits and more things to farm and/or cook I'll be so pleased :) that's all I really feel like I need for the game

Not sure if it's been pointed out but, i just noticed that Brewster's birthday is on October 15th. Maybe we'll get news around that time...

I know NPC birthdays have nothing to do with things, but I just think the timing's just right.
Also I just want the update to come real soon.

Keeping it realistic, so i'm not disappointed or let down-

Maybe an upgrade of some kind to Nook's Cranny would be great.

Some new furniture of any kind. I would love to see some more items for Christmas, since they added stuff for Halloween.

Villagers been able to visit your house.

Hopefully this series 5 of amiibo cards means some new villagers?

just some general quality of life stuff.

like, ability to craft multiple things at once, ((f*** is it a pain to make fish bait...)) ability to put down multiple squares of tiles at once, stacking stuff like bushes and trees and flowers and the like would be nice, ((don't know why you can't already, do they think nobody's going to be trying to redecorate their town?)) maybe fix up the typing system, let you use touch controls for pattern designing.

also please, for the love of god, let me turn off that ugly pattern smoothening!

and on a less frustrated note: i think being able to have animals wear backpacks would be cute.

I would love to see new furniture, Harriet making an appearence again (maybe she could come to your town and sell you hairstyle recipes that were available in past games but that aren't in NH...?), Celeste and the Observatory returning, villagers being able to visit your house, and maybe having perfect fruit and gyroids added.

No wait, one more: The ability for plant trees, pines and palm trees near to buildings and rivers.

That would be a change i would be more grateful for rather than getting more villager spots.

I would love to see crafting multiples of an item at a time and selecting multiple items in pocket and storage. It would just make things a lot less tedious imo. Can't wait to see it though.

i truly want katrina but i am hoping for some quality of life stuff and i want brewster to be his own building like in new leaf idk, maybe nooks upgrades
Post automatically merged:

this will be the first major update i think since game launch really and if it has its own direct there should be a good amount of stuff to show besides brewster

I’m honestly really hoping it’s not Quality of Life 😂 yes I have minor annoyances but I already built up my entire island with them and had fun doing so, I want more to dooo

Another thing I would like is to be able to put rugs outside. There are so many small and medium rugs that would look really nice outside.

I just want more whimsical furniture to come back, especially Gracie's stuff. Also, it would be cool if bags and backpacks were actually functional. Like if they would add a row of item space if you're wearing one.

I just want more npcs from the past and more activities. Farming sounds interesting. There are just so many darn characters missing from this game. I don't get it. I think Nintendo will under-deliver, as usual.

Back