• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

What do you do when you have life burnout?

I'm tired alot, my knees hurt more, sometimes other body parts like my back or legs, I have no energy and nearly no motivation to do anythin, whether is be stuff I should be doing or fun stuff. Work gets on my nerves so damn often for multiple problems, I get home and do nothing.

I'm thinking of taking another 'vacation' which is really just me requesting time off of work and doing nothing. Just staying home and doing all the stuff I feel like is piling up and organize stuff. Worked last time in January, but I took time off for my bday. I can't just keep takin time off everytime I feel like this.

You should get a Covid Test just to be sure. I tested negative for Covid (thank god) when I was in the hospital getting treated for really high blood sugar.
yeah, i might just do that. i'm going to the doctors soon so i'll be able to see if i got covid or not. i think i might also have those rapid tests somewhere in my home too.

Last edited:

I'm tired alot, my knees hurt more, sometimes other body parts like my back or legs, I have no energy and nearly no motivation to do anythin, whether is be stuff I should be doing or fun stuff. Work gets on my nerves so damn often for multiple problems, I get home and do nothing.

I'm thinking of taking another 'vacation' which is really just me requesting time off of work and doing nothing. Just staying home and doing all the stuff I feel like is piling up and organize stuff. Worked last time in January, but I took time off for my bday. I can't just keep takin time off everytime I feel like this.
Ignoring my own bad answers; this was actually kind of helpful for me to see because if you don’t care for yourself you can make yourself sick. So you shouldn’t feel bad at all for taking time to yourself. Might delete this later because it’s personal

0fuJMsN.jpg

OsoEvBE.jpg

ZwdjYTI.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Greyhound bus ticket for a future time. A few days ago, I got a call from their headquarters. Not sure why, but I didn’t answer because I was sleeping at the time. I didn’t receive an email or update or anything. I’m wondering what the reason was. Maybe the itinerary was changed or something, but my e-ticket doesn’t look any different. Oh well, guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

I SNEEZED LIKE 7 TIMES IN A ROW THIS AFTERNOON I WANTED TO PLAY OUTSIDE BUT MY NOSE SAID "NO BESTIE." I AM ALLERGIC TO POLLEN... THE ONLY REASON WHY SPRING IS NOT GOOD :mad:
Its okay though because I took some benadryl so I felt better!

I feel sick but I don't have any physical symptoms asides from this migraine. Like I feel hot and weak but I've checked my temp twice already and I'm only at 37.0°C, definitely not high enough for a fever. I've been considering maybe I have COVID, but I don't have coughs, colds, sore throat, or any lack of smell/taste. Malaise is the best word I would describe myself as.

Maybe it's just the summer heat idk. Even if I'm fully rested, I still feel somewhat hot. Regardless, I'm keeping my mask on at all times just in case, even though I don't have any respiratory symptoms.

I should have eaten earlier when my co worker nagged at me to, but I didn’t want to spend any money. I’m making something to eat right now, but I’m at the nauseous part of it and don’t want to do anything.

I've felt this exact thing a little while back, I got interviewed by a psychometrician because she said my PHQ scores were a little worrying. I genuinely had no motivation to do anything, and the only thing that keeps me going is how I hated being idle. I did things out of obligation (whether it's school work or hobbies), because if I stayed still or rested, I would hate myself for being unproductive.

Anyway, my psychometrician told me that I could do something new every week to regain motivation. It didn't have to be anything grand, just something I wanted to try but never got to before. It's something to look forward to at the very least so I could break my monotonous and boring schedule. I got a few new games and got back to walking/treadmilling, which felt like a breather and helped me slowly get out of a burnout. I also got myself a new laptop this week and I'm so far enjoying my games on a better screen.

If it helps, you can maybe watch a new genre of movie/show, listen to new music or podcasts, take a walk, eat food you've never tried before, etc. You can make a list of new things to try and do so you have something to look forward to after your usual schedule.

Hope this helped!

i hope you’re safe, love. i’m so sorry. you deserve so much better. i may not be able to help much or offer advice, but i’m always here if you ever need/want to talk about it. please stay safe. 🖤

i’m so sorry for your loss. losing one family member is awful, but losing two —especially in such a short period of time— is absolutely gut-wrenching and unfair. i hope you and your family are holding up the best you guys can, and my pms are always open if you need to talk. ♥️

i hope you’re safe, love. i’m so sorry. you deserve so much better. i may not be able to help much or offer advice, but i’m always here if you ever need/want to talk about it. please stay safe. 🖤
thanks 🖤

2 days later I decided to text her again. She forgot about me. I don’t know if I am happy or sad. At least it was not that she didn’t want to text me. But it seems that I am also not really important to her.
I'll meet her again at the end of the month. I am probably going to stay over night. We’ll see how that goes. I really do like her, and I‘ll give her another chance.
Post automatically merged:

I really don't know how else to say this, but my uncle died today... The cancer took over and stopped his heart. I cannot believe the sheer amount of bad luck, having two family members die in a week. My uncle meant a lot to me, and now he's gone. I can't stop crying now, he died at 51 years old too...
I am so sorry for your loss. Having something like that happen - losing two family members in a week - must be awful. I don’t know you so well, but I am there for you if you want to talk! <3

Continuing on with my incompetent writing skills, I wrote "in the process" in the same paragraph?? I wrote specifically, "... this time getting on top of him in the process." and "... a smirk forming on his face in the process." I hate it when I repeat things like that. I mean, I could just change it, but I'm having trouble thinking of something at the moment.

"In the process" is a redundant phrase. Instead of replacing it, get rid of it. You will become a much stronger writer if you cut out unnecessary words and phrases. Heck, you could even take "...a smirk forming on his face in the process" right down to just "he smirked". The meaning of the sentence hasn't changed at all, but we've taken away unnecessary words that were weakening your writing voice. If it now doesn't flow with what you have already written then you may want to consider rearranging the sentence and paragraph structure.

George Orwell's six rules are a good starting point for guidance on how to immediately make your writing stronger:

1. Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.
  2. Never use a long word where a short one will do.
  3. If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out.
  4. Never use the passive where you can use the active.
  5. Never use a foreign phrase, a scientific word, or a jargon word if you can think of an everyday English equivalent.
  6. Break any of these rules sooner than say anything outright barbarous.

George Orwell's six rules are a good starting point for guidance on how to immediately make your writing stronger:
defo will keep this in mind when I'm working on my fanfics. I wrote a lot of essays in college so I'm pretty well aware of what works and what doesn't but it's nice to have a list of things to follow anyways :)

I can't decide if I should do chores first or if I want to draw first. I kinda want to do chores first bc I have the energy right now and I prefer to do this kinda stuff when my dad isn't home. but I also really want to draw my characters lol what to doooo 🤔

Back